PDA

View Full Version : News on RVD's ONS 2 opponent

KingofOldSchool
04-29-2006, 10:24 AM
The current plan for the upcoming ECW PPV in June is for Rob Van Dam to cash in his Money in the Bank contract against John Bradshaw Layfield for the World Heavyweight championship. This scenario requires Rey Mysterio to drop the title to JBL before the show. RVD has yet to announce who he will face for their title and would not do so until after the title change. Challenging JBL for his title would require RVD to jump to SmackDown.

There had been previous talk about having RVD face the winner of Sunday's Backlash main event. However, there is an issue with Van Dam facing each of the three possible opponents. Triple H is on the verge of turning face and getting such major negative heat on him conflicts with that. John Cena also doesn't need that negativity while he's already fighting on a weekly basis for the fans approval. Edge has little history with RVD and minimal history with ECW. Edge's only history with ECW was appearing at last year's One Night Stand PPV as part of the anti-ECW crusaders. The leader of that pack was John Bradshaw Layfield. He was the most outspoken about ECW last year and it is expected that his tirade will pick up once again very shortly, making him the perfect target for RVD. credit: pwtorch newsletter

SammyG
04-29-2006, 10:31 AM
Whoa

Rob
04-29-2006, 10:50 AM
Although I heard this story (apparently JBL is playing politics to get the belt at Judgement Day), I still heard it was a lock that he is gonna challenge Cena for the belt.

Stickman
04-29-2006, 10:54 AM
If he challenges Cena for the belt, I bet RVD loses. If this new story is true, then he'd probably win.

KingofOldSchool
04-29-2006, 10:58 AM
Although I heard this story (apparently JBL is playing politics to get the belt at Judgement Day), I still heard it was a lock that he is gonna challenge Cena for the belt.

Cena would get killed before the match would even start.

Xero
04-29-2006, 11:00 AM
Isn't Kane lined up for the title at Judgement Day though? That will put his whole push off unless they give him a feud with Cena or whoever the RAW champion will be after Backlash.

Alienoid just died a little on the inside.

KingofOldSchool
04-29-2006, 11:01 AM
JBL vs Mysterio has been confirmed for Judgement Day unless Kane is thrown in for a triple threat.

Rob
04-29-2006, 11:02 AM
Cena would get killed before the match would even start.

Can you imagine if he went over?

Out of JBL, HHH and Cena, two of them are not going to work an ECW RVD style match. Better off having the guy who will.

Xero
04-29-2006, 11:02 AM
JBL vs Mysterio has been confirmed for Judgement Day unless Kane is thrown in for a triple threat.

Did it happen on SmackDown!? Because it's not on until tonight here.

Kane Knight
04-29-2006, 11:03 AM
Isn't Kane lined up for the title at Judgement Day though? That will put his whole push off unless they give him a feud with Cena or whoever the RAW champion will be after Backlash.

Alienoid just died a little on the inside.

not to fear, the real plan is for RVD to cash in his MitB shot against Doug Basham at ONS. This first requires them to find doug, give him a title shot, and people not die laughing at the end of the night.

KingofOldSchool
04-29-2006, 11:04 AM
Did it happen on SmackDown!? Because it's not on until tonight here.

No, it was Angle vs. Mysterio.

Mr. JL
04-29-2006, 11:04 AM
LAME. Honestly, RVD V. JBL @ a WWE run ECW One Night Stand 2 pay per view will suck. Even with the fans loving RVD and hating all over JBL it will still suck. I want to see RVD go toe to toe with some bad ass ECW alumni guys.

Mick Foley V. Rob Van Dam would be my personal ideal ECW match this year.

KingofOldSchool
04-29-2006, 11:05 AM

Out of JBL, HHH and Cena, two of them are not going to work an ECW RVD style match. Better off having the guy who will.

Yeah I really want to see Cena go in to face RVD strictly on the factor of the heat that will be coming off of Cena. And people think that Sun Devil stadium in Tempe, Arizona has a lot of heat...

Kane Knight
04-29-2006, 11:20 AM
Yeah I really want to see Cena go in to face RVD strictly on the factor of the heat that will be coming off of Cena. And people think that Sun Devil stadium in Tempe, Arizona has a lot of heat...

White Devil stadium in Cenasville, Mass, will have a lot more. :cool:

Loose Cannon
04-29-2006, 11:31 AM

haha, that's exactly what I want to see. I wanna see the reactions of those fans when Cena gets the win. And it would be tremendous if he catches RVD in mid-air during his five * and hits the FU for the pin. lol my god

Xero
04-29-2006, 11:34 AM
This could backfire...

RVD vs. John Cena in a Fans Bring the Weapons match.

"Yo, RVD, use my Glock!"

"Cool! :cool:"

Kane Knight
04-29-2006, 11:36 AM
This could backfire...

RVD vs. John Cena in a Fans Bring the Weapons match.

"Yo, RVD, use my Glock!"

"Cool! :cool:"

"Dude! Those were supposed to be blanks! Not cool, dude!"

Xero
04-29-2006, 11:37 AM
haha, that's exactly what I want to see. I wanna see the reactions of those fans when Cena gets the win. And it would be tremendous if he catches RVD in mid-air during his five * and hits the FU for the pin. lol my god
911 Caller: Uh, yeah, there are about six thousand people chasing a white man dressed as a gangster rapper down 32nd Avenue.

Kane Knight
04-29-2006, 11:38 AM
911 Caller: Uh, yeah, there are about six thousand people chasing a white man dressed as a gangster rapper down 32nd Avenue.

They seemed to be armed with barbed wire baseball bats, steel chairs, tables, garbage cans...Hello? Hello?

Xero
04-29-2006, 11:40 AM
And one of them keeps screaming something about late fees and about giving him a job.

Volare
04-29-2006, 01:34 PM
well the thing i question is this....

its at ECW ONS2 right?

then shouldn't it be under ECW rules?? in otherwords anything goes the match against whoever RVD faces

i figured rey rey would hold it till then because of the fact that both were in ECW

Rob
04-29-2006, 01:46 PM
Rey is losing at Judgement Day.

What Would Kevin Do?
04-29-2006, 02:12 PM
GAH!!!!

WTF?!?!?

WHy not just book RVD Vs Mysterio for the belt.

THEY ARE BOTH ECW ALUMN

It makes sense.... It's an ECW main event, and for the title. Everyone is happy. Why does Rey have to drop the title for this?

St. Jimmy
04-29-2006, 02:16 PM
i don't see why RVD v.s JBL would stand out as good idea?
honestly, the better match and draw would be either Edge or Trips.

Trips shouldn't be a face, in any means or manner.
Him facing RVD in hardcore environment, and those two destroying each other,
could re-solidify Trips as the mega-heel, and solidify RVD as a true main-event guy. Not to mention a really solid match. No matter who wins.

But in this situation I honestly think you're better off with Edge.
Why? Simple. He dosn't seem like the standard generic WWE wrestler.
He has an innovative style. He has a radical feel to him. When given the right opponent he can be entertaining, and in the ring his skills are still pretty top notch. Combined with RVD they could pull of a five star match, filled with many good bumps and potential. Also this would be the cleanest way for RVD to go over without having Edge lose any more credability.

IMO, by the way.

Kane Knight
04-29-2006, 02:19 PM
Innovative style? ROFFLE

Rob
04-29-2006, 02:20 PM
GAH!!!!

WTF?!?!?

WHy not just book RVD Vs Mysterio for the belt.

THEY ARE BOTH ECW ALUMN

It makes sense.... It's an ECW main event, and for the title. Everyone is happy. Why does Rey have to drop the title for this?

Who really would pay to see that on PPV?

Has to be HHH, JBL or Cena.

Savio
04-29-2006, 02:23 PM
No kane as champ :(

St. Jimmy
04-29-2006, 02:23 PM
Innovative style? ROFFLE

okay, okay, so i stretched the thruth.... alot....
... just to make a point... <_< see. even i'm :wtf: about ME right now.

Kane Knight
04-29-2006, 02:28 PM
Stretched it? Taffy ain't supposed to bend like that. :D

Skippord
04-29-2006, 02:41 PM
Skippord has just died a little at the thought of JBL getting the title instead of Kane.

Skippord
04-29-2006, 02:42 PM
BTW I want to stab JBL in the throat if this is true

Kane Knight
04-29-2006, 02:43 PM
Just make sure he doesn't stab you in the ass. ;)

Blitz
04-29-2006, 04:09 PM
Observer sez:

--Stories going around that RVD would face the Smackdown champ and not the Raw champ at One Night Stand are untrue, at least as of the end of business yesterday. The winner at Backlash faces RVD for the title.

The One
04-29-2006, 04:14 PM
I hope Observer is right. I don't want to see JBL/RVD. Their styles just don't mesh and I would rather see any of the three Backlash guys take on Robbie at ONS.

Though for the record JBL is a WRESTLING...GOD!

happylad
04-29-2006, 07:12 PM
If this is true i retract all i said in the other thread and hope JBL pays the entire smackdown roster to interfere at ONS2 giving him victory and really pissing off the ECW fans :D

McLegend
04-29-2006, 08:01 PM
For actual match quality I think RVD/Edge would be the best choice, but O MY GOD I so want to see RVD/Cena.

ClockShot
04-29-2006, 08:48 PM
For actual match quality I think RVD/Edge would be the best choice, but O MY GOD I so want to see RVD/Cena.

Agreed. Edge vs. Rob Van Dam could be something great, and could work at One Night Stand. Wouldn't mind seeing Triple H win the belt tomorrow but dump it before One Night Stand. Cena on the other hand...I got a good laugh on the post about the 6,000 angry fans on his ass if he won that match at One Night Stand.

Londoner
04-29-2006, 08:56 PM
I would love to see RVD V Cena at ONS, just to see what the ECW fans do to Cena.

TapOut
04-29-2006, 10:52 PM
Really, JBL vs. RVD is the best choice. For one, the main event scene on Raw is crowded and running just fine. Edge/Cena/Triple H is a fine trio of stars gunning for the title, and it looks as if Cena is going heel or tweener and Triple H is going face. Putting either Cena or Triple H in the main event at One Night Stand and having RVD win the title would throw a wrench into what is currently a well oiled machine.

RVD is better suited to Smackdown. He can probably be a little more accepted there, and for some reason, Rey Mysterio's run as champ has been a little unbalanced. With Orton and Angle gone, they need another star anyways. JBL was sort of the frontrunner in the anti-ECW group last year, so it makes sense as well. Plus, he'll get plenty of Heat anyways. I think it will work just fine.

However, you do lose the excitement of seeing Cena or Triple H getting huge heel heat. That would have been rather cool. JBL's heat with the crowd is more kayfabed than either Cena's or Triple H's would have been.

Kane Knight
04-29-2006, 10:58 PM
We also lose the excitement of someone who's worth a fuck in the ring. JBL is shit in the ring, making even Cena look like a viable option.

TapOut
04-29-2006, 11:03 PM
I think JBL's decent enough. Not great, but I like him. My problem is with RVD more than anyone else. He's the one who bores the shit out of me.

Kane Knight
04-29-2006, 11:08 PM
JBL's horrible in ring. I love him and his promos, but I'd as soon shoot him as meet him backstage, and he's one of the worst fucking wrestlers on the active roster. And, I mean, this is a company that has Mark Henry on its roster.

Volare
04-29-2006, 11:27 PM
i agree RVD vs Monkey is better than RVD vs JBL

Kane Knight
04-29-2006, 11:29 PM
RVD/Pudding > RVD/JBL.

St. Jimmy
04-30-2006, 12:44 AM
i agree RVD vs Monkey is better than RVD vs JBL

who the fuck mentioned AJ Styles?

Volare
04-30-2006, 07:18 AM