PDA

View Full Version : United 93

BCWWF
04-29-2006, 11:06 PM
For some reason right after this all happened, I figured it would eventually become a movie. I had no idea it would be so soon though. Anyway, I haven't gotten out to see it, but I plan to just out of interest. I could really see it being a bad movie because good movies usually aren't released in the spring and it seems like a really hard movie to do right, but has anybody seen it and have any opinions?

Kane Knight
04-29-2006, 11:17 PM
I love the fact that they actually had to trump up the drama for this movie (the flight who fought back shouldn't really need any hyperbole to make it a compelling drama).

Boondock Saint
04-30-2006, 03:05 AM
Yet to see it, but have heard nothing but great things about it. Paul Greengrass is a good director.

I don't think it's too soon or anything but I'm in no hurry to see it. If I miss it in the theater, oh well. Kinda more psyched for M:I 3

The Heat
05-01-2006, 01:45 AM
Is this the same movie that was on A&E, or this this a totally different movie that happens that have the same name?!

But, yeah. I guess the loved ones of the crew of UF 93 will love this movie because it tells the story of their bravery. I doubt I would go see it though, as its probably the same as the A&E movie, just with dramatic scenes or added cussing that wasn't in the TV version.

Boondock Saint
05-01-2006, 02:09 AM
FLight 93 was the A&E movie, and was total shite. This is supposedly very well done. All the families approved it.

KillerWolf
05-01-2006, 12:16 PM
i'm going to see it today. the city i am in right now is not playing it because they are not sure if it will make money, yet they are playing all of the stupid shit that has come out lately. sometimes i feel ashamed of this country. they have the posters up for the movie starring Kane, so i guess that is going to make money.

yeah, so anyway, i'll be travelling 30 miles on my day off to go see it. this is one of the few movies that i will go to the theater to see.

BCWWF
05-01-2006, 02:59 PM
From my friends who have seen it, I have heard good things. I guess it's really intense and makes you not want to fly. I am kind of surprised that this isn't a bit bigger of a movie though, seems like it should be.

FakeLaser
05-01-2006, 07:17 PM
Going to see it, no doubt.

Impeccable
05-03-2006, 02:06 PM
On the topic of United 93, I'll give it a try, but remember what Alfred Hitchcock said;

"Acting is acting, it's nothing more than telling a story, but it should never be used to tell a real story, because an actor can not relive what they never lived!"

KillerWolf
05-04-2006, 09:16 AM
i went and saw it. i cant say that i was disapointed, although it wasnt quite as big as i thought it would be. it is very mater-of-fact, and plays out a little bit like a Discovery channel reinactment.

the action sequences are realistic and believable. the emotion in the acting also seems very true to life. it really makes you feel like you are on the plane.
all of the build-up (and the whole movie for that matter) are very intense, and the fact that you walk into this film knowing how it ends only adds the the intensity. and there is no gratuity in the movie whatsoever.

so, the best thing that i can say about the movie is that it is very well made.

the worst thing i can say about it is that i would like to see the movie at least once more, but i dont know if i will want to re-live the experience over and over, like watching an old favorite.

Gonzo
05-06-2006, 11:03 PM
I thought the film was real moving, at times it made my heart very heavy and I was on the verge of tears. I don't know whether thats from the actual film, or just from the memories it triggers of the actual day, with all the events unfolded.

I can't really say much about it other than I should suggest you all should see it.