PDA

View Full Version : What happened to Benoit?

The One
04-30-2006, 10:08 PM
Seriously. How did he change so smoothly from being someone who busted his ass and was never rewarded, to someone who hazes people and is more or less insured WWE job security for life? When he came into WWE, everyone was sure he and Jericho would never make it to the top. I remember people crying bloody murder when he had to put The Rock over. Hell I was kind of upset too, but he did it and then had his matches with Angle before kind of falling back down into "Midcard Hell"...then he had his neck injury, and came back and suddenly WWE was all over his cock. He had one of the most impressive years ever as far as being promoted as a big name guy, then he won the Rumble from Number 1, then he wins the World Heavyweight Title by making Triple H tap out cleanly at WrestleMania XX. How did he do that?

And then it starts to become revealed that he is involved with a lot of SmackDown’s attitude/hazing problem. Usually when there is a talk about people getting hazed it is from Orton, JBL, Taker or...Benoit??? He was one of the most well know “nice guys” in the back, and now it seems like he has gone all ubber-bitch backstage. And while we are on the topic of Benoit, I am not saying his ring work is going down a lot, but once and again I do think he half asses it in the ring.

What do you think happened? How does someone go from pouring his heart into everything he does in the ring and always being respectable to half assing it and being a, well, a dick?

McLegend
04-30-2006, 10:09 PM
Cause he's old

The One
04-30-2006, 10:11 PM
And old people like to give young people a hard time?

....oh...I see what you mean.

McLegend
04-30-2006, 10:11 PM
I'm talking about his in ring work.

Don't really care about hazing tbh

Skippord
04-30-2006, 10:14 PM
Benoit isnt hazing people he is getting pissed at disrespect near as I can tell

The One
04-30-2006, 10:15 PM
I have read over the past few months a few cases of him being a down right dick to the young guys...

Kane Knight
04-30-2006, 10:24 PM
Benoit's been a dick for a while. Who really cared, though, when he was busting his ass?

YOUR Hero
04-30-2006, 10:27 PM
wolverines are unpredictable.

Kane Knight
04-30-2006, 10:28 PM
He got rabies from a bottle shoved up his ass.

YOUR Hero
04-30-2006, 10:38 PM
yes, he even claims rabid-isity

Batsu
04-30-2006, 10:57 PM
Whoa, I never heard about this. Where are the reports of this? I've only heard about JBL...for some funny reason.

The Naitch
05-01-2006, 12:52 AM
yeah, this is news to me

Shadow
05-01-2006, 01:30 AM
Benoit's always been an utter dick when he doesn't get his way. I don't respect the man but I do respect what he's done in the ring.

The Heat
05-01-2006, 02:04 AM
Are we talkin' JBL hazing or Bob Holly hazing? Never could tell the difference....:lol:

Who cares? As long as Benoit delivers in-ring. Although at times, it does seem as Benoit's ring work isn't what it could or used to be.

Corkscrewed
05-01-2006, 04:10 AM
This would definitely bring my respect a few notches down if it's true. I haven't heard about Benoit hazing people either, but if it's true, that's certainly a shame.

Thechampishere!
05-01-2006, 04:40 AM
It's called Vincent Kennedy Mcmahon.
Those bastards at creative team have to do their Job ,he May as you say "half ass" it ,meaning not put in 100% ,but If he does ,people will expect so much from him ,and He'll be told "Lose this and that" "drop the title" ,he doesn't get a fair run with any Title's ,or storylines.

SammyG
05-01-2006, 07:59 AM
Title's huh ?

Kane Knight
05-01-2006, 09:30 AM
Those bastards at creative team have to do their Job ,he May as you say "half ass" it ,meaning not put in 100% ,but If he does ,people will expect so much from him ,and He'll be told "Lose this and that" "drop the title" ,he doesn't get a fair run with any Title's ,or storylines.

:lol:

Don't work hard because people might expect something of you!

Rob
05-01-2006, 09:44 AM
Benoit has always been one of the boys.

And when have you ever heard another wrestler say a bad word about him in public?

Shadow
05-01-2006, 12:48 PM
Yes I have actually.

Kane Knight
05-01-2006, 12:55 PM

...Kennedy...

Fox
05-01-2006, 01:36 PM
I'm sorry, The One, but you can't just start calling Benoit an "ubber bitch" (lol) and not back up why you think he's being one. You very lightly skimmed the surface of his "backstage hazing," but never gave an example of what the fuck you're talking about.

THe most I ever heard about Benoit was that he was upset with Randy Orton for being a prick, and told him so. Other than that, I haven't heard anything about a Benoit hazing incident. Because of that, this thread loses credibility because we don't know WTF you're referring to.

Benoit has always been a professional as far as I've known. He's had problems in WCW because they treated him and Dean Malenko like shit, when in reality they were probably the two best workers in the company. He had arguments with WCW bookers about being called a "Vanilla Midget" and being booked to job title after title after title, never getting a real run with any belt.

In WWE, however, his potential was automatically picked up on by Vince McMAhon and he became a big player. I don't see how he's become a dick or changed or whatever.

Rob
05-01-2006, 01:39 PM
Benoit is the fucking man. Discussion over.

Flair Wooo
05-01-2006, 01:49 PM
Benoit is the fucking man. Discussion over.

The One
05-01-2006, 02:40 PM
OK, I am going to go back and try to find the articals or new flashes or whatever to find out what I am talking about....gimme a day or so since I am lazy.

Favre4Ever
05-01-2006, 05:30 PM
I'm sure that Benoit makes enough money that 2 month long title reigns dont bother him much.

Mr. Monday Morning
05-01-2006, 05:47 PM
He's probably at the point now where he's been doing this for so long and he has probably had his moment in the sun that he has lost some or maybe most of the love he had for wrestling. And I'm not sure he can be blamed for that.

Also while I am in no position to speculate I would hesitantly suggest that Eddie's death has probably taken a very heavy toll on him also.

Kane Knight
05-01-2006, 07:53 PM
Eddie's death has lead him to hazing? :wtf:

.44 Magdalene
05-01-2006, 08:21 PM
yeah, this is news to me

Hired Hitman
05-01-2006, 09:18 PM
Eddie's death has lead him to hazing? :wtf:
You should know he was referring to Benoit's ring work.

Kane Knight
05-01-2006, 09:33 PM
I know nothing.

The One
05-01-2006, 09:36 PM
We already knew that...

Kane Knight
05-01-2006, 09:40 PM
I didn't.

Vastardikai
05-02-2006, 01:48 AM
Well as far as people hating Benoit I know of one person:

Kevin Sullivan

Rob
05-02-2006, 01:55 PM
Kevin Sullivan actually doesn't hate him. Infact, he was the first to agree to the idea of Benoit winning the vacant WCW title before he left for the WWF.