PDA

View Full Version : Full Smackdown Spoilers

redoneja
05-02-2006, 11:54 PM
FULL SMACKDOWN SPOILERS
by Jason Head @ 8:28:00 PM on 5/2/2006

VELOCITY TAPING:
William Regal & Sylvan over Amish Roadkill & Casey James w/ Michelle McCool.

Road Warrior over Paul Birchell w/ a lady friend (?).

Bobby Lashley over TJ Dalton.

Gregory Helms over Mike Altiri (?). Mike Altiri announced from Cincinnati but appears to be Mikey Batts formerly of TNA.
Matt Hardy over Orlando Jordan.

SMACKDOWN TAPING:
Smackdown opened when Rey Mysterio came out to talk about being champ. JBL came out and confronted him. JBL mentions the illegal immigrant protests. blah blah blah - JBL says that he beat both him & Eddie. Rey says that he doesn't back down from a fight. JBL brings out Rey's opponent for tonight: Mark Henry. Mark Henry left the ring after a staredown so apparently that is the main event.

Booker T over Gunner Scott. Booker got on top of the announce table after the match and said to bad Angle got hurt because he was going to beat him.

Brian Kendrick & Paul London v. MNM was announced for the belts but MNM came through the crowd from behind and took them out.

Vignette shown on Tatanka featuring a "cleansing" ceremony with the Lakota nation. Another vignette promised for next week. Tatanka previously announced these at the WM22 breakfast in Chicago.

KOTR: Finlay over Chris Benoit - mostly technical mat work but pretty good.

Gymini w/ Simon Dean over Scotty 2 Hotty & Funaki.

#1 Contender match for Cruiserweight Title: Nunzio v. Kid Kash v. Super Crazy - No Contest after Great Khali took them all out.

Mark Henry w/ JBL over Rey Mysterio.

Time for the dark main event, and what was locally advertised as the main event, JBL v. Mark Henry v. Rey Mysterio. The match saw Rey pin JBL.

Not very detailed, but they do the trick.

St. Jimmy
05-02-2006, 11:58 PM
#1 Contender match for Cruiserweight Title: Nunzio v. Kid Kash v. Super Crazy - No Contest after Great Khali took them all out.

... okay, so now they're just blantanly saying "fuck the cruiser division"?

Corkscrewed
05-03-2006, 12:13 AM

Okay, NOW I'm not a fan of this guy. :lol:

And jobbing Rey the CHAMP to Mark Henry. Great call, writers. :roll:

redoneja
05-03-2006, 12:43 AM
The thing I am most interested in is if Finlay beat Beniot clean or not. Plus this means we get a Finlay/Lashley semi-final.

Xero
05-03-2006, 11:16 AM
I'm calling a Lashley/Booker final, with Lashley going over.

Morgan
05-03-2006, 11:31 AM
Lashley seems like the logical winner but I'm pulling for Booker for the entertainment value of him going around in the KOTR gear.

ClockShot
05-03-2006, 11:31 AM
I'm calling a Lashley/Booker final, with Lashley going over.

Ditto.:y: But maybe Boogeyman's music coming on during the match to distract booker.

Road Warrior over Paul Birchell w/ a lady friend (?) WAIT A MINUTE! When did Captain Burchill pick up a first mate?

neuicon
05-03-2006, 11:51 AM
Smackdown just gets worse and worse each and every Tuesday night... ...I mean, to keep Henry at the top and to boost JBL because there really isn;t anyone else on the ladder whom is going upward sucks...

Fisrt things first: JBL should never be at the top level. He's fat, needs so much developmental work, and that'll never happen. He has horrible in ring skills, and watching his belly fly around the ring is getting boring.

Second: Why are all the heels fucking with Eddie!? Are the writers intrigued by the dead? Leave it alone and move the fuck foward...

Thirdly, and most importantly: I find it funny that Mark Henry gets pushed and pushed when all he does is waste space and injure great wrestlers. No mic skills, looks like the Predator, hesitates all his moves before carrying them out, no in ring skills and just fucking slow.

I remember hearing about him when he first signed. He got a contract for 10 years, and everyone besides Vince were like, "He'll do wonderful!"

Yeah, this coming from a guy who signed: THE HEADBANGERS, CRUSH (AND HIS GREAT HEARTPUNCH!! LOL!!), ATOM BOMB, DOINK, ALL AMERICAN LEX LUGER, PAPA SHANGO, & others lame creations...

Simply put: Smackdown! is a totally huge example of just what Vince and his team of idiot writers and creators are doing to the sport of Pro Wrestling, and with the whole ECW thing coming in behind, like they still get fucking pushed to the side, like BEING TAPED BEFORE SHOWS/ECW IS AN INTERNET SHOW shows how he STILL is the Bill Gates of Pro Wrestling.

It's all gone downhill ever since Heyman even went to good terms with Vince... ...man, what happened to Pro Wrestling?

Gray
05-03-2006, 12:56 PM
So Paul Burchill got beat by Road Warrior?

Does that uh mean... hes not a Pirate anymore? Or was it "Smackdown Only" thing?

What Would Kevin Do?
05-03-2006, 01:04 PM
Why wouldn't he be a pirate.

Also, I don't understand how Stan Hansen is considered a great legend, what JBL is shit on. JBL can put on an entertaining match. He's not Bret Hart, but he's a good physical brawler esque guy.

redoneja
05-03-2006, 01:18 PM
To be fair tho, WWKD, Hansen is really only remembered in America for 'breaking' Bruno Sammartino's neck with his lariat. His legend status is more widespread in Japan.

Gray
05-03-2006, 01:26 PM
As far as i remember, wasnt it "agreed" with Regal that if he lost a match, he would then revert back to something else...

When Regal lost the bet first time around he had to dress up as the Winch... Second match he tried to hit Burchall with a knuckle duster to make him lose but he missed, and third Burchall walked out of the tag match vs. Gymini for fear of being pinned...

Hmmm

CharismaInjection
05-03-2006, 01:32 PM
Nah, I think it was agreed that Regal had to keep dressing like that until Burchill lost a match. He lost a match.

Why is Burchill losing to Road Warrior, what happened to his push?

UmbrellaCorporation
05-03-2006, 02:27 PM
Road Warrior over Burchill is the worst thing ever.

Corkscrewed
05-03-2006, 06:24 PM
Seriously, what the hell? Do they give up on their wrestlers THAT easily?

It makes no sense, unless it's by DQ or something. Altho that still means Regal doesn't have to be a wench anymore.

domononizuka
05-04-2006, 04:56 PM
Ditto.:y: But maybe Boogeyman's music coming on during the match to distract booker.

Road Warrior over Paul Birchell w/ a lady friend (?) WAIT A MINUTE! When did Captain Burchill pick up a first mate?

The girl thats coming out with Birchil is Shelley.Shes basicaly been stalking him the last few months down at OVW.