PDA

View Full Version : The Problem with the WWE

Simon Poole
05-03-2006, 06:23 AM
The Bigest Problem with the WWE

First of all they waste a lot of Talent, we know that Kurt Angle, Ric Flair, Mickie James, Paul Burchill and most of the Supertars (Correction Wresters) are forced to enteratin, For a fact in knwo Burchill in the FWA (Promotion in Engaldn) actually Wrestle Vicously, now they just tammed him.

The only Wrestlers that do not Entertain are Chris Benoit, Finlay, Bobby Lashley, Kurt Angle (But he forced to enteratin) Umaga, The Great Khali possibly a few more.

Also the WWE Women Division, Most Heel Female Wreslter can wrestle, but all Heel Divas Matches (Apart from Jazz, she was the only female heel that wrestled) they used them just brawling, notice how the Divas faces like Trish can wrestle, all the Heel Divas just brawl, throw women aroudn the ring, aHair Pulling, choking them out and slapping them in the face, perfect exmaple is Torriev Wislon, when she was on Smackdown, she wrestled, when she was Heel on Raw, she didn't shown any wrestling moves, possibly one or two, that's it, i also seen Heel Women in other wrestling companies and they don't mainly brawl with their oppents, they actually wrestle

Also Television time, Raw and Smackdown gets about two hours shows, and they only put about four or five matches on, six if you lucky, now TNA (Professioanl Wrestling) Impact (One Hour Show), and they put more matches on in one hour, in the WWE you possibly get two matchesi n one hour, with most of the air time wasted on wrestler enteraining the audience,
TNA used to do a two hour show, they put roughly about eight or nine macthes on, the WWE only put about four or Five matches on in two hours.

Also it's dusgusting to see Mae Young on WWE Television with her stripping off the WWE sould banned her from WWE Television

Mr McMahon should stopped kissing the WWE Divas and touching them

Also what Joey Styles said on Raw this week, it's about (bleep)ing time someone spoke up about Sports Enteriament and Porfessioanl Wrestling, do i think he took it too far, hell no!

What Would Kevin Do?
05-03-2006, 06:34 AM
Does the WWE waste talent? Yes... and no.

THey have a lot of talent that they don't use. At the same time, they hold a lot of talent back...

HOWEVER

I understand why. The WWE tours, ALOT. THese guys, besides Raw, probably wrestle at least 2 other times a week. Assuming they wrestle 3 times a week, that's a lot of physical activity. Simple wrestling matches can be very tiring. I've played pickup footballs games before and been hella sour for 2 or 3 days. While the matches may not be that physical, they still take a toll. WWE doesn't want there guys to be in horrible condition.

ALso, for the money they are making, WWE wants to make sure they can compete. Injured wrestlers sitting on their contract don't help the WWE.

Torrie Wilson can't wrestle... period.

About the Joey Styles thing, I'm going to call a spade a spade. Yes, it was true, yes, it probably needed ot be said, but more important... IT WAS SPORTS ENTERTAINMENT!

No matter how true his comments rang, or how odd it may have been to see on WWE, it was done for two purposes. To entertain, and to garner interest (both of which lead to money for the wwe)

ECW, when it comes back, while the in ring action may be a little better, you're still going to have the problem of the WWE not wanting their contracted guys to go out there and get hurt. They are going to try to protect their investment.

Anyway... Don't you (bleep)ing, just say fucking, kay ;)

Other than that, you may do okay.

Simon Poole
05-03-2006, 06:45 AM
That's another problem The WWE writes Inured Wrestlers off the Roster, but i watched an ECW Pay-Per-View and Paul Heyman don'tgive no Angle to write them off, he tells you in person why a wrestler can't complete

also i have seen Torrie Wrestle, even know she nto a proper Wrestler, seen her do a few DDT, School Boy Roll up, but when she was face she mainly got beaten up during her matches

the only time when WWE don't use Sports Entrainemnt possibley the House shows but it proper wrestling on Heat and Velocity

Impeccable
05-03-2006, 06:50 AM
The difference between Paul Heyman and Vince McMahon is that Paul Heyman doesn't treat wrestling fans like idiots.

That's my take on it anyway!

Impeccable
05-03-2006, 06:55 AM
Torrie Wilson can't wrestle... period.

I'm not sure, but are you actually stating she can't wrestle and then giving the reason why?

What Would Kevin Do?
05-03-2006, 06:58 AM
The WWE can have proper wrestling as you call it, with sports entertainment.

THey just don't.

The storylines, while they can limit in ring time, does not MAKE the wrestlers not wrestle.

If they dropped storylines, and had more matches, but the matches were still the same quaility, the product would be worse IMO.

Look at it this way.

The WWE is the WWE. Sports Entertainment is what it is. I don't watch it expecting great matches. THat's what ROH is for, that's what Puroresu is for. Likewise, I don't watch TNA expecting good storylines... Although I don't watch TNA at all.

WWE has a formula. It's working for them.

What Would Kevin Do?
05-03-2006, 07:00 AM
I'm not sure, but are you actually stating she can't wrestle and then giving the reason why?

Do I really need to list reasons why she can't wrestle? She's been in the business how many years, yet can still botch the simplest of moves (IE, a move reversal into a schoolboy.)

Impeccable
05-03-2006, 07:02 AM
Do I really need to list reasons why she can't wrestle? She's been in the business how many years, yet can still botch the simplest of moves (IE, a move reversal into a schoolboy.)

It was a joke.

The final bit where you said "period". I just wondered if that was the reason she couldn't wrestle. Because of a period.

Nevermind...I'll just crawl back into the hole I came out of.

What Would Kevin Do?
05-03-2006, 07:13 AM
You know, I actually thought of that. Then after rereading it, I'm like "Nah, he couldn't have meant it that way, that's just bad... and it doesn't really make sense."

Alas.

Alas.

Jaton
05-03-2006, 08:18 AM
Congratulations. You're the 467th noob this week to post this same topic. What do we have for him, Johnny?

Pinnacle Charisma
05-03-2006, 08:34 AM

ROFL

Anyway I think the wwe has started using its talent much better over the last year or two.

In 2003 and 2004 most of the higher midcarders where running around in shitty poorly feuds but now most of the wwe's midcarders seem to be being booked to look strong and in good feuds.

They still are misusing talent but I dont think they are as bad as before

s-hole
05-03-2006, 09:16 AM
sahe bolela bedu ;)

Kane Knight
05-03-2006, 09:49 AM
You have a problem with WWE.

But I'd bet good money that you are watching regularly.

You're whining about wrestling and entertainment as though they are mutually exclusive. They're not. You've pinned this down as the biggest issue, where it's not even as big an issue as your misuse of proper tenses.

Pepsi Man
05-03-2006, 10:31 AM
Wait a minute. I didn't read all of that, because I'm stuck on something. When you watch pro wrestling, you don't want to be entertained?

ClockShot
05-03-2006, 11:12 AM
Yeah, sure. Vince has made some bad business moves in the past and present. XFL, WWE New York, Diva Seach (unfortunately it still hasn't sunken in yet that he should give it up.) But on the other side of the coin, WWE just brought back Test, I believe Shawn O'Haire, and you got CM Punk down on the farm. Sure the product might be in Dullsville right now, but all it needs is time to get back to the good ole days.

On the topic of female wrestlers. Yeah sure Torrie Wilson is horrible. Only problem is that she should take a few lessons from husband Billy Kidman. Miss Congeiality...I mean Lita...could wrestle. But I think she fucked up her knee and could only do so much now. Micky James/Alexis Laree/future Mrs. Ken Doane. She gave such boost in that women's division that the angle between her and Trish was (and I dare say it) GREAT TO WATCH!

My only complaint to you is to do a little editing cause I found your argument a little difficult to read.:y:

FourFifty
05-03-2006, 02:30 PM
The Bigest Problem with the WWE

The only Wrestlers that do not Entertain are Chris Benoit, Finlay, Bobby Lashley, Kurt Angle (But he forced to enteratin) Umaga, The Great Khali possibly a few more.

Two things

First off thank you for not putting Goldust under the list of people who do not entertain.
Second off, looking at Benoit, Lashley and Angle... Are you high?

What Would Kevin Do?
05-03-2006, 02:36 PM
I think he's saying that they go out there and actually wrestle, and not try to be "sports entertainers"

Kane Knight
05-03-2006, 03:08 PM
Yeah, sure. Vince has made some bad business moves in the past and present. XFL, WWE New York, Diva Seach (unfortunately it still hasn't sunken in yet that he should give it up.) But on the other side of the coin, WWE just brought back Test, I believe Shawn O'Haire, and you got CM Punk down on the farm. Sure the product might be in Dullsville right now, but all it needs is time to get back to the good ole days.

On the topic of female wrestlers. Yeah sure Torrie Wilson is horrible. Only problem is that she should take a few lessons from husband Billy Kidman. Miss Congeiality...I mean Lita...could wrestle. But I think she fucked up her knee and could only do so much now. Micky James/Alexis Laree/future Mrs. Ken Doane. She gave such boost in that women's division that the angle between her and Trish was (and I dare say it) GREAT TO WATCH!

My only complaint to you is to do a little editing cause I found your argument a little difficult to read.:y:

Lita really couldn't wrestle for shit.

And if you really think that Punk's gonna be able to bust loose, or O'Haire's return will be big, you need to look at this shit a little more closely. How many wrestlers have been hyped like Punk, only to get cock-slapped into lame gimmicks, or toned down, or treated in a way nobody cares about them?

Sorry, of recent history, I'm having trouble naming a lot of new talent that was really allowed to go anywhere, can you?

Johnny Vegas
05-03-2006, 03:17 PM
Congratulations. You're the 467th noob this week to post this same topic. What do we have for him, Johnny?

I don't know what the fuck to give this nigga. I might give his ass some spell check software.

Corkscrewed
05-03-2006, 06:12 PM
Glad I wasn't the only person to find his posts hard to read.

The One
05-03-2006, 06:24 PM
You're whining about wrestling and entertainment as though they are mutually exclusive. They're not. You've pinned this down as the biggest issue, where it's not even as big an issue as your misuse of proper tenses.

Damn new guy, you just got Nerd-Pwnd!

Kane Knight
05-03-2006, 06:27 PM
Damn new guy, you just got Nerd-Pwnd!

Which beats being shower-pwnd...See also: Sodomy, showers and the One.

:shifty:

The One
05-03-2006, 06:30 PM
LOL

The One
05-03-2006, 06:33 PM
Wait a tick! That was a joke...a joke at my expense...something is happening...internally I don't feel as well as I did a few moments ago...is this the pain known as losing your last bit of dignity...yes...yes it is...

Kane Knight
05-03-2006, 07:06 PM
Woul;dn't that have happened after JBL asked you to hand him the soap? ;)

The One
05-03-2006, 07:10 PM
Actually JBL was a very kind and tend....wait...THAT NEVER HAPPENED! http://www.tfans.com/talk/style_emoticons/default/guh%20copy.gif

Rammsteinmad
05-03-2006, 07:45 PM
Well, as sad as it may seem, today I finished watching through all my old WCW tapes, and y'know, WWE right now doesn't seem so bad anymore.

Favre4Ever
05-04-2006, 02:19 AM
The reason the female wrestlers wrestle as full faces or full heels is because they are given minimal time on television to perform. THis obviously fills the match with many more spots and less chain wrestling transitions. And rightfully so, when you only have three women on your show that can wrestle.

Volare
05-04-2006, 06:38 AM

some john cena gear...

make him walk around in shame:yes: