PDA

View Full Version : Two ECW talent related questions

Mr. Nerfect
05-06-2006, 06:02 PM
1) Would you like to see some of the current ECW confirmed talent appear on WWE broadcasting in coming weeks? This could just re-affirm who they are in the fans' minds, and introduce them as "Superstars" rather than nostalgia acts brought back solely to fill space.

Take Jazz. The WWE Women's Division is flailing with the absence of Trish Stratus at the moment. Bringing Jazz back as a mystery opponent for Mickie James, even going as far as putting the Women's Title on her and having her have a few matches with Lita, could remind us how talented she really is.

On SmackDown!, Tony Mamaluke could add another face to the Cruiserweight Division. It just occured to me that out of the cruiserweights in the Triple Threat last week, Nunzio was the only one with a heavyweight partner. Can you imagine a Nunzio & Tony Mamaluke vs. Kid Kash & Jamie Noble vs. Super Crazy & Psicosis match leading into Judgment Day where one of each team will be in a Fatal Fourway Match with Gregory Helms? Hell, just thrown Shannon Moore by Helms' side and you have a fantastic Fatal Fourway Tag Team Match.

RAW needs tag teams, so bringing back the last ECW Tag Team Champions, Danny Doring & Roadkill, to compete in the World Tag Team Division? Stupider things have been done. Danny Doring plays a nice babyface-in-peril role, and Roadkill has been working with The Spirit Squad in OVW. A World Tag Team Title match between the two teams would not be awful.

2) Once ECW returns, do you think some cross-over appearances should take place? I'm not talking about interpromotional feuds, just little trivial appearances. The Cruiserweight Division is floundering on SmackDown! as it is. Losing Super Crazy, Kid Kash, Nunzio & Psicosis isn't going to help it. Sure, you have Chavo Guerrero sitting on his hands, but the guy is arguably above the division. Having Little Guido and Kid Kash (I think heels would be the best choices to do double-time) take up a few WWE dates would be able to help establish the new stars of the Cruiserweight Division.

WWE guys could also do work for ECW. Right now, Lance Cade has nothing going on in WWE. Having him pop his head in to ECW storylines for a few weeks, just to see how he does down there, could be all he needs to find the niche he's been looking for, or for management to become inspired when it comes to him.

Guys like Eugene could benefit. Nick Dinsmore could make some appearances for ECW, as Nick Dinsmore. It gives him the chance to showcase his skills whilst still being in the WWE as the entertainment character, "Eugene". Rob Conway might actually get to enter the arena to music that implies he be taken seriously.

redoneja
05-06-2006, 08:13 PM
1) No not really.
2) No, if the ECW thing is gonna work, it needs to be kept away from Raw and Smackdown.

The Heat
05-07-2006, 04:46 PM
1}I think the former ECW faces should start appearing on RAW as soon as this week. Since Styles was made to look "punk'd" out by Lawler, what better way to get ECW over than to have them start backing Styles up? I just hope someone major helps Styles start this instead of Sabu. Can't quite put a finger on it, but, I've always hated Sabu.....

2}Yes. Crossover appearances are needed. Both RAW & SmackDown are weak shows. SmackDown definetely needs the help moreso than RAW. Have ECW look like its tryin' to take over both shows. That's the best way, as opposed to making ECW strictly "RAW" or "SmackDown" exclusives........

Either way, I doubt ECW will be done right. I guess we'll see in the weeks to come.