PDA

View Full Version : Kindred: The embraced

Kane Knight
02-03-2004, 10:03 AM
Anybody here ever see the show? Like/Dislike it?

I never actually saw it...

Seyda
02-04-2004, 02:49 AM
I've never seen it, but I'll look for it in the TV guide. The name sounds interesting. It's a regular show right? Not a movie?

Tony D
02-04-2004, 02:39 PM
It's based on the role playing game Vampire: The Masquerade. Its not so great if you've played the game. But if you haven't, you just might like it, it only has like 6 episodes though cause the actor who played the main character kicked the bucket I think. Look at comic book shops, and what not for the vhs collection of the series.

Tony D

Kane Knight
02-04-2004, 02:43 PM
It's based on the role playing game Vampire: The Masquerade. Its not so great if you've played the game. But if you haven't, you just might like it, it only has like 6 episodes though cause the actor who played the main character kicked the bucket I think. Look at comic book shops, and what not for the vhs collection of the series.

Tony D

8 eps.

6 were aired.

The series was capped before the last two showed.

They have all 8 on DVD...Which is why I'm asking..,.I'm wondering if people thought it was worth the cash...

Tony D
02-04-2004, 02:52 PM
In which case, naw it isn't worth the cash. Vampires can all of a sudden walk during the day, and very few of the clans are represented in the show, and the ones that are come off as silly.

Kane Knight
02-04-2004, 02:54 PM
Yeah. I'd rent it if I could find it somewhere for rent...But as far as buying goes..

Well, these days, I'd just as soon not support White Wolf if I don't have to anyways.

Tony D
02-04-2004, 03:00 PM
No support White Wolf?

Why Not? I haven't looked at a white wolf book, or web site in about a year and a half.

Kane Knight
02-04-2004, 03:12 PM
No support White Wolf?

Why Not? I haven't looked at a white wolf book, or web site in about a year and a half.

Well...

I greatly dislike White Wolf these days. It's not related to any one thing, but a series of things which have greatly changed my feelings about them.

The first and biggest: They cancelled Aeon. The Aeon Continuum was, perhaps, their best gaming set up. They fu</>cked it up by not promoting it, then they fu</>cked it up by putting Kraig Blackwelder in charge of Aberrant. Then, rather than correcting their mistake, they pulled the series, even though the run of Adventure! sold comparable to Vampire. Their best games are being phased out, for the likes of Mummy and Hunter.

I also don't like their attitude. They continuously cash in on products which they themselves bash. Their forums are run by a power tripping little cu</>nt, and you are met with hostility often there if you say something not White-Wolf approved. Think the WWE. They don't want to hear it.

Not to mention that, after releasing 3RD edition books, they're now gonna release Storyteller v2.0...Which I think is just a total bastard thing to do so soon after having everyone shell out.

I still play Vampire, Mage, Wraith, Werewolf (occasionally) and the Aeon games, but I don't buy new material. Not that I can buy new Aeon or Wraith Material...But I don't bother with the new crap that's coming out.

Tony D
02-04-2004, 03:20 PM
I only ever really played Vampire LARP, and it was ok, too much goddamn politics out of game though, pissed me off. Always wanted to try Mage, Wraith, Changeling and Aberrant, heard the were amazing, but nobody ever wanted to run the games, and I'm a terrible Storyteller so that was out of the question. I also didn't much care for werewolf, but once again, only ever played it in a LARP (Booooring). Any good places on line to play?

Kane Knight
02-04-2004, 03:33 PM
I only ever really played Vampire LARP, and it was ok, too much goddamn politics out of game though, pissed me off. Always wanted to try Mage, Wraith, Changeling and Aberrant, heard the were amazing, but nobody ever wanted to run the games, and I'm a terrible Storyteller so that was out of the question. I also didn't much care for werewolf, but once again, only ever played it in a LARP (Booooring). Any good places on line to play?

There are probably some good sites.

Aberrant and the other Aeon games still have unofficial support at nprime.net, and there's a forum which I think has PBEM and PBP listings. As for the other games, I'm not sure.

I only currently play tabletop, so I haven't bothered looking much of anywhere.

You might be able to get a feel for it online...Or White Wolf has a gamer finder dealy right on their site somewhere, so you might be able to find gamers in your area...Doesn't work here though...There's like 2 gamers registered within 100 miles of me...

Tony D
02-04-2004, 03:59 PM
Oh there are plenty of gamers here, I just don't like them. :)

Rock Bottom
02-07-2004, 10:45 PM
I saw all the episodes, it wasnt that great, but I did like Julian Luna (the prince).. I agree, if you play/ed V:tM, this would probably disappoint you.

I used to do a fair share of WW myself, mostly werewolf and vampire. Did some LARPs as well. But I've jumped ship to D&D 3E/d20 system.

Kane Knight
02-07-2004, 10:50 PM
Oh there are plenty of gamers here, I just don't like them. :)

I know the feeling.

I've been caught grinding former gamers into hamburger before. :shifty:

Kane Knight
02-07-2004, 10:52 PM
I used to do a fair share of WW myself, mostly werewolf and vampire. Did some LARPs as well. But I've jumped ship to D&D 3E/d20 system.

:shudder:

I HATE D20. I hate the OGLA even worse, as almost every game worth a damn has jumped ship to D20 now.