PDA

View Full Version : Smackdown Spoilers

Dave Youell
05-10-2006, 05:32 AM
Just got back from the smackdown taping in San Diego.Show was sold out with 99% of the people there to see Rey Mysterio.

For Velocity
Funaki pinned Sylvan
Matt Hardy pinned Simon Dean
Chris Benoit beat William Regal with the crossface in a very good match
Gunner Scott pinned Orlando Jordan in a match with several boring chants

SmackDown started with a JBL interview.He ran down Latinos and said after Judgment Day Rey & his family can work for him with Rey mowing the grass,his wife cooking his food & his children shining his shoes.He said if Rey didn't want to work for him then he could sell drugs or work at the donkey show in Tijuana.Rey attacked him and ran him off

Kurt Angle was shown arriving.He talked with Teddy Long in the back & Long made Henry vs. Angle for Judgment Day

Super Crazy beat Nunzio & Kid Kash to become number 1 contender to the cruiserweight title in a good match.

Gymini beat Tom Wellington & Joey Ryan

Angle was shown leaving the building

Booker T came out and said he didn't want to beat Angle by forfeit in KOR.He challenged Angle to came out but he never did since he'd already left and Booker & Sharmell celebrated.

Lashley pinned Finlay to go to the finals of KOR
This was a long match with Finlay mostly keeping Lashley on the mat with armbars and headlocks.Crowd started to get tired of it and were booing.Finish saw the ref distracted and Finlay used a chair but Lashley no sold it and hit the spear for the win.

MNM came out and bragged about laying out London & Kendrick last week.Jillian Hall came out and challenged Melina to a fight.London and Kendrick came through the crowd and it ended with all 3 members of MNM in their underwear.

Mark Henry pinned Paul Burchill in a match where Burchill got no offense.

Nunzio and Vito were talking in the back and when Vito left Orlando Jordan told Nunzio that when they were in England OJ went to a club and saw a guy dressed in drag that looked exactly like Vito.Nunzio told him to back off.

Great Khali squashed Rey Mysterio
They did a stare down and the size difference was amazing.JBL was on commentary and was attacked again by Rey before the match.Rey's only offensive move was a springboard dropkick which Khali no sold.He ended up pinning Rey with one foot on his chest.Basically Rey was made out to look like a midget jobber.The crowd wasn't nearly as upset at Rey's treatment as I would of thought but I saw a lot of little kids lose interest and not pay attention to the dark match three way.

After the match JBL got in Rey's face as he was down and commented that his family was watching from the front row and said that next week he wouldn't believe who he had to face.

In a dark match Rey retained over Henry & JBL.JBL's body was noticeably softer than just last week.Rey hit the 619 on JBL and pinned him with a frog splash and celebrated a long time to end the show.

Skippord
05-10-2006, 05:34 AM
Fuck Mark Henry

Lara Emily
05-10-2006, 05:36 AM
HA HA HA

Nothing like squashing your World Champ to make the belt look credible.

Impact!
05-10-2006, 06:00 AM
Nunzio and Vito were talking in the back and when Vito left Orlando Jordan told Nunzio that when they were in England OJ went to a club and saw a guy dressed in drag that looked exactly like Vito.Nunzio told him to back off.
And here we see the start of OJ's bi gimmick :p

LK
05-10-2006, 07:05 AM
HAHAHA @ Mysterio

Mr. Nerfect
05-10-2006, 08:35 AM
This sounds like complete shit. Orlando Jordan the bisexual? Rey Mysterio the jobber? Paul Burchill the jobber? This shit is fucked. Paul London & Brian Kendrick and the cruiserweight match will make the show for me.

Booker T better win the King of the Ring, and Rey Mysterio better drop the World Heavyweight Championship to him. Booker T vs. Batista, I've been saying it for a while and now it really makes sense.

No Undertaker? WTF? I was almost certain he would show up and save Rey Rey. Eh, I'm glad he wasn't there. Taker bores me. I would have much rather seen the Gymini vs. Tom Wellington & Joey Ryan match swapped with the Gunner Scott vs. Orlando Jordan match. The Gymini could use some more work in DSW, I think. Orlando Jordan needs a face turn, not a bisexual gimmick.

I was really hoping we'd see a Fatal Fourway for the Cruiserweight Title at Judgment Day. Gregory Helms vs. Super Crazy will be good, don't get me wrong, but a Fatal Fourway, especially considered Kid Kash, Nunzio & Super Crazy know each other well, would be a fantastic thing to see. I wonder if Shannon Moore will cost Super Crazy the match, leading to a Mexicools vs. 3 Count feud? There have been worse programs for the Cruiserweight Title.

I hope Rey Mysterio's opponent next week is Kane. Just make it a one off appearance. Kane beats the World Heavyweight Champion, his movie looks good, fans get driven even further away from Rey Mysterio. Everybody wins.

Mr. Nerfect
05-10-2006, 08:36 AM
BTW, is anyone else happy to see Funaki get a win on Velocity? Good for him. I genuinely feel good when the WWE gives Funaki a mini-winning streak.

Schoenauer
05-10-2006, 10:10 AM
What I want to know is, what the hell did Burchill do to become another possible statistic to Mark Henry, and why the hell are they destroying the credibility of the WHC by holding a match like THAT? Did SD! writers reopen their meth labs?

McLegend
05-10-2006, 10:24 AM
Wow this is terrible booking

KingofOldSchool
05-10-2006, 11:27 AM
Holy bejesus that booking is god awful.

Not only did a young and talented guy who is getting over with the crowd (Burchill) get squashed, but their WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION?!?!?!

Wow.

Corndad
05-10-2006, 12:12 PM
Did I read that wrong that Angle is back?? I thought he was out for a while? Oh well. Hope Henry doesnt hurt him worse then what he is already. Damn.

UmbrellaCorporation
05-10-2006, 12:32 PM
Burchill lost, as much as I hate Mysterio, he got squashed.

Who books this shit?!

Corkscrewed
05-10-2006, 01:20 PM
^ Wow. I totally agree. Burchill musta seriously pissed someone off to have his push killed this fast (this is severe even by WWE standards). And Rey? Well, he's become even more uncredible then JBL at the beginning of his reign, which is saying a lot.

Everytime the WWE takes a step forward, they go three steps backwards.

Xero
05-10-2006, 01:49 PM
What's even worse is that they were/are building it up as Rey's return home. Usually when someone is labled the home town guy they win, or at least get a decent match and not a fucking squash against some big green retard.

And that's not even taking into account that he's a face, main eventing world champion.

RGWhat316
05-10-2006, 01:51 PM
This looks like a really messed up show. Burchill and Mysterio getting squashed? And why is Angle coming back to face Henry at Judgment Day? I know it seems that Kurt likes to work while he's injured, but not against Mark Henry. It's only gonna get worse.

Boondock Saint
05-10-2006, 01:56 PM
Looks like crap.

The One
05-10-2006, 02:28 PM
YES! JBL promo & commentary...this is going to be a good SmackDown.

Oh, and boo hoo for the migit and the pirate, I don't care about either of them.

St. Jimmy
05-10-2006, 02:53 PM
Holy bejesus that booking is god awful.

Not only did a young and talented guy who is getting over with the crowd (Burchill) get squashed, but their WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION?!?!?!

Wow.

:rant: Fuck Smackdown =/

happylad
05-10-2006, 03:10 PM
Im interested at the squashing of Mysterio by Khali as i was certain alienoid was right. The WHC will stay with Mysterio now and i wouldnt be suprised if he lost next week. They just want to make him beating JBL look like a miracle :roll: . I dont see the point in them building up Khali so much if theyre just going to have Taker go over him:-\ . Im beggining to think that Kane will appear at JD to either help Taker or Khali so that neither of them loses credibility

happylad
05-10-2006, 03:11 PM
Im interested at the squashing of Mysterio by Khali as i was certain alienoid was right. The WHC will stay with Mysterio now and i wouldnt be suprised if he lost next week. They just want to make him beating JBL look like a miracle :roll: . I dont see the point in them building up Khali so much if theyre just going to have Taker go over him:-\ . Im beggining to think that Kane will appear at JD to either help Taker or Khali so that neither of them loses credibility in defeat

Gone Mad
05-10-2006, 03:13 PM
Seriously, that's dumb of WWE, but that's their M.O. As much as I hate Rey, why obliterate your champ? It's like they WANT Khali to get the title soon or something, not so much overcoming the odds like they do with most champs.

And Burchill? I like the pirate but why all the loses already? Did the writers run out of material? They just fed him to the World's Strongest Injury Causer. Makes no sense, but I gotta see this just to believe this nonsense.

One other thing: Regal and Benoit on Velocity? Great, but on Velocity? That's horrible.

Nark Order
05-10-2006, 08:52 PM
Crawl out of Burchill's ass already.

KingofOldSchool
05-10-2006, 09:55 PM
Crawl out of Burchill's ass already.

So us being unpleased that he has jobbed to Road Warrior AND Mark Freakin' Henry in back to back weeks, after being pushed a great deal in previous weeks considered being up his ass?

The King of Marks
05-10-2006, 10:03 PM
What the fuck is up with the squash matches? Mark Henry is already established as a "monster" so there's no need for him to squash another young guy. And I understand the WWE wanting to put over The Great Khali, but him squashing the World Champion makes the belt seem like a joke.

Have Mysterio drop the belt, and put it on someone who looks credible.

Steve The Pirate
05-10-2006, 10:24 PM
Aye I see that ye all do not realize that professional wrestling be fixed and predetermined, and that a championship belt be nothin but a prop.

Schoenauer
05-10-2006, 11:46 PM
IT'S STILL REAL TO ME DAMMIT!!!!!!!!!

Mr. Nerfect
05-11-2006, 12:58 AM
I actually figured the WWE would do Kurt Angle vs. Mark Henry at Judgment Day. I was thinking it may have been a table match, though, just a quick squash of Mark Henry by Angle. That would have been glorious. Hopefully their match is only like :20 as Angle goes to town on Henry with a steel chair.

No one is up Burchill's ass, people are just pissed that wrestlers with nowhere to go are going over him. Maybe they will do something where Shelly is revealed to be bad luck. Like a wrestling "cooler". Burchill catches on and tells her to dress up in costumes representing his opponents, and have her cheer them on in the match, only for Burchill to win and for him and Shelly to embrace after the match. Nah, the WWE are too stupid to come up with that.

Judgment Day should be a pretty good PPV. If they throw Finlay vs. Chris Benoit and Paul Burchill vs. William Regal on the card, it could be the best of the WWE's year. Finlay vs. Chris Benoit is pretty much ready to go. Benoit could win with help from Harry Smith and/or Gunner Scott. Burchill could challenge Regal to see if he can beat the man he's beaten so many times before with Shelly at ringside. Regal upsets Burchill, with is where the whole "reverse representation" thing comes into play.

ddpBANG
05-11-2006, 04:51 AM
It's shows like this that make me glad I didn't buy tickets for SD! here in Portland.

Ben Rodrigues
05-11-2006, 09:19 AM
The World Heavyweight Championship now has zero value in my eyes.

Nark Order
05-11-2006, 11:08 AM
So us being unpleased that he has jobbed to Road Warrior AND Mark Freakin' Henry in back to back weeks, after being pushed a great deal in previous weeks considered being up his ass?

In a way, yes. Because there was no plausible cause for you to believe he was going to win those matches in the first place. He has been booked as a jobber for months and will most likely never get above the low card slump in the WWE. He has a terrible gimmick, his mic skills are unimpressive when compared to others on the Smackdown Roster (ie: JBL, Angle, Mysterio, Finlay, even Benoit), and his finishing move looks completely unrealistic and forced. It is foolish to think that he'll ever be anything but low/midcard. And yes, he is on the low card whether people want to admit it or not.

I do not see his appeal at all.

tucsonspeed6
05-11-2006, 11:34 AM
How can a show go from being better than Raw to being arguably the worst its ever been in a matter of a month?

Also, WWE seems to have forgotten the formula:

Faces are underdogs when CHASING the belt. When the HOLD the belt, they're supposed to make the belt credible.

RVDmark
05-11-2006, 11:47 AM
I'm winning the belt next week to make it look more credible to ya :) :shifty:

Rammsteinmad
05-11-2006, 03:31 PM
I just can't wait to see this staredown between Rey and Khali. :D

ClockShot
05-11-2006, 03:47 PM
What I want to know is, what the hell did Burchill do to become another possible statistic to Mark Henry, and why the hell are they destroying the credibility of the WHC by holding a match like THAT? Did SD! writers reopen their meth labs?

Yeah, what did happen to the Captain? A few weeks ago he was able to bring some booty to the ring. (No pun intended.) And now he becomes fodder for Mark Henry. Jesus and I thought Raw was in worse shape. Anywho, Smackdown! will be pushed to saturday since UPN picked up the Yankees games and there's one on friday.