PDA

View Full Version : You have GOT to be kidding me.

SammyG
05-11-2006, 04:16 PM
Yeah, I got this off LOP, and I am really hoping it's wrong but... Well.. It has 2 more sources, so it might be true..

Umaga is in line for a main event-level push after Summerslam. After several months of steamrolling through opponents, he is likely to be a top heel challenger to Batista.

sources: Pro Wrestling Torch, PWInsider.com

Volare
05-11-2006, 04:22 PM
there you go 2 big....slow....ah fuck it I'll say it

SNIFF PAINT THINNER ITS MORE FUN THAN THIS SHOULD BE!!

Funky Fly
05-11-2006, 04:22 PM
Buh?

He must have given McMahon better head than Candice Michelle.

Kane Knight
05-11-2006, 04:23 PM
PWInsider is fuckig up on my browser right now, can anyone verify that it was from there?

I don't doubt that he'll get a push (Stupid bullshit gimmick), just wonder if PWI actually reported it.

Gertner
05-11-2006, 04:43 PM
his gimmick is retarded but i don't mind his in ring work. shouldn't be main event though

redoneja
05-11-2006, 04:49 PM
Didn't see it on PWI or NoDq.

SammyG
05-11-2006, 05:31 PM
Good, then I guess LOP is inaccurate.

Boondock Saint
05-11-2006, 05:34 PM
If true, that would mean he'd be heading to Smackdown?

Wow, talk about what a suckfest that feud/match would be.

SammyG
05-11-2006, 05:39 PM
Khali/Umaga for the shot at the belt.. Oh the ratings it would do.

hb2k
05-11-2006, 05:52 PM
Didn't see it on PWI or NoDq.

LOL, NoDQ.

LK
05-11-2006, 06:01 PM
UUUUUUUUUUUUUMMMAGGGAA!!!

The Show Off
05-11-2006, 06:05 PM
He's actually a pretty good wrestler, he's big, fast, fairly agile, not main event worthy but his gimmick is barley mid-card worthy. If they change up his gimmick it might work as a main-eventer... But that's fairly doubtful.

Funky Fly
05-11-2006, 06:25 PM
Yeah, his ring work is the goods.

I'd like to see him keep that bitchin' theme music tho.

Londoner
05-11-2006, 07:26 PM
He needs a new finisher before he gets a main event push, oh and that manager of his needs to go.

St. Jimmy
05-11-2006, 07:36 PM
ARMANDOOOOOOOOOOOOO ALLLEEEHANDROOOOOOOOOOO ESTRAAAAAAAADAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA...

yeah. that dosn't get annoying fast.

Kane Knight
05-11-2006, 07:39 PM
Khali/Umaga for the shot at the belt.. Oh the ratings it would do.

I think me jerking off on the public access channel would tie it.

Kane Knight
05-11-2006, 07:40 PM
ARMANDOOOOOOOOOOOOO ALLLEEEHANDROOOOOOOOOOO ESTRAAAAAAAADAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA...

yeah. that dosn't get annoying fast.

People love annoying. Didn't you know?

Dorkchop
05-11-2006, 07:46 PM
Odd.

I like his in ring work, but am not a real fan of the gimmick. The only reason why I like Umaga is because I like Jamal's wrestling.

crash99
05-11-2006, 07:50 PM
I can't wait for all the five star classics he'll have with Batista.

Mr. JL
05-11-2006, 09:51 PM
I liked Jamal/Ekmo Fatu's in-ring work. I am not a fan of Umaga's thumb of doom and ass smash in-ring work.

Xero
05-11-2006, 09:55 PM
I liked Jamal/Ekmo Fatu's in-ring work. I am not a fan of Umaga's thumb of doom and stinkface of doom in-ring work.

The King of Marks
05-11-2006, 11:42 PM
I don't mind Umaga, but it has to be obvious to the WWE that the fans are bored/hate the gimmick. If they do push him against Batista, it's not going to sell a pay per view.

I wouldn't mind seeing the match though. Umanga had a decent match against Shawn Michaels, and I'm sure he can do a passable one with Bats.

The Naitch
05-12-2006, 12:25 AM
i should snort some coke tonight and maybe i will buy into this crap

NeanderCarl
05-12-2006, 02:13 AM
Umaga is basically Rikishi for 2006.

Rikishi debuted with exactly the same gimmick, but as soon as they gave the tired 80s Samoan act a shot of modern-day adrenaline with Too Cool, Rikishi got over... big-time.

So who knows? All Umaga needs is a hook, and he could go the same way.

NeanderCarl
05-12-2006, 02:14 AM
Oh, and I don't mean a Captain Paul Burchill style hook...

Wait, that could work.

He could be the Samoan Buster Bluth Machine.

Mr. Nerfect
05-12-2006, 06:51 AM
Jamal is a pretty good worker. I just wish they'd call him Jamal. Why switch brands? Why not just turn Armando Alejandro Estrada face by sticking Umaga on John Cena?

Having this guy go for a World Title is ridiculous. Seeing him have a decent match with Rob Van Dam for the WWE Intercontinental Championship is another thing. I'm not even sure he should win that. Just bring Sonny Siaki up, have them call themselves "The Cousins Rock" and have them team together. That would be awesome.

Kane Knight
05-12-2006, 09:45 AM
Oh, and I don't mean a Captain Paul Burchill style hook...

Wait, that could work.

He could be the Samoan Buster Bluth Machine.

Arrrrrr, laddy...This be me first mate, a strange man from across the ocean...

TerranRich
05-12-2006, 09:57 AM
Don't bring that pirate guy in here...

Fox
05-12-2006, 10:13 AM
This is Vince McMahon's way of showing Samoa Joe what he passed up by signing a 2-year TNA contract a few months ago. McMahon was heavily pushing for Joe to come to WWE and become a big time player in the company, but because of personal reasons, Joe turned it down.

Umaga's gimmick and nickname are direct references to TNA's Samoan Submission Machine Samoa Joe. It's the WWE creative team's way of showing that they know how to push that kind of gimmick.

Personally I think they're proving exactly why Joe made the right decision.

Shadow
05-12-2006, 11:30 AM
This is Vince McMahon's way of showing Samoa Joe what he passed up by signing a 2-year TNA contract a few months ago. McMahon was heavily pushing for Joe to come to WWE and become a big time player in the company, but because of personal reasons, Joe turned it down.

Umaga's gimmick and nickname are direct references to TNA's Samoan Submission Machine Samoa Joe. It's the WWE creative team's way of showing that they know how to push that kind of gimmick.

Vince: Quick! Figure out a way to show that idiot Joe what he's missing out with the WWE!

Creative Team: Boobies?

Vince: Give that man a raise!

Kane Knight
05-12-2006, 12:46 PM

Don't be ridiculous. WWE has done this for well over a decade, and it hasn't been done to "show them how good they could have had it," it's to ridicule the opposition's shitty gimmicks.

anandraval
05-12-2006, 12:56 PM
yeah S G pwinsider even told that Funaki was gonna face Taker in a hell in the cell last year at Armaggeddon Orton was the last minute replacement

TerranRich
05-12-2006, 01:39 PM
HA HA, you need to die now

Nark Order
05-12-2006, 01:44 PM
I've been yhoroughly enjoying Jamal's matches as of late. If he dropped the gimmick I could definately see a main event push.

Xero
05-12-2006, 01:49 PM
I could buy Jamal as a main eventer if he can get a decent moveset and a good gimmick. But don't put him back into the Thug gimmick, too much like Cena's.

Although they could put him with Cena as part of a heel chain gang, I wouldn't want Jamal to be held back IF he can get the job done.

FourFifty
05-12-2006, 02:17 PM
I still miss the 3MW :(

TerranRich
05-12-2006, 03:39 PM
Am I the only person on Earth that does not buy Jamal, even without current gimmick, as a main-eventer?

Kane Knight
05-12-2006, 04:03 PM
Am I the only person on Earth that does not buy Jamal, even without current gimmick, as a main-eventer?

That depends on how you define it.

Se, I buy him as a main eventer because:

1. He's a Hoss.
2. He bores the fuck out of me.

Therefore, both yes and no, really.

94 SVT Cobra
05-12-2006, 08:37 PM
I think me jerking off on the public access channel would tie it.

Agreed, even if u went to the one most grimey station that looks like its filmed in a basement usign a cam corder.....and is on at 4am on chirstmas morning.

Mr. Nerfect
05-12-2006, 08:49 PM
I could buy Jamal as a main eventer if he can get a decent moveset and a good gimmick. But don't put him back into the Thug gimmick, too much like Cena's.

Although they could put him with Cena as part of a heel chain gang, I wouldn't want Jamal to be held back IF he can get the job done.

That is actually a perfect idea, in my opinion. A lot of people suggested that 3 Minute Warning be paired with John Cena, but I thought that was a bit much. Cena could really use one stooge, though, especially if they are going to turn the Dr heel.

Call Jamal "The Intern of Thuganomics" or T.I.T. for short, and he can be a solid addition to the Intercontinental Division. If he works well there, you may be able to eventually turn Jamal face and have him feud with Cena.

jindrak
05-13-2006, 10:28 PM
his gimmick is retarded but i don't mind his in ring work. shouldn't be main event though

I'd rather see Umaga get pushed, then be used to put someone else over.

Besides, if Umaga is pushed to main event, he will likely job to Batista in a 3 minute squash.

Kane Knight
05-13-2006, 10:39 PM
Naw. Batista's gonna come back, and his first match will be against the new champ, Mizark. He will promptly be injured, forced to retire, and the title will be dropped back to Rey afterwards.

Corkscrewed
05-14-2006, 02:54 AM
Umaga getting a main even push after half a year is pretty dumb. It only worked with Lesnar because they played it off his extreme strength and stuff, but Umaga isn't a good enough worker to fit that.

Now, if they build him up to main eventer by 2007, I might buy that.

WWE's way too impatient these days, and it kills them.

Skippord
05-14-2006, 08:44 AM
I wouldnt believe Umaga as a main eventer if he beat HHH 13 PPV's in a row

TerranRich
05-14-2006, 12:10 PM
I wouldnt believe Umaga as a main eventer if he beat HHH, Kurt Angle, and Undertaker at the same time 13 PPV's in a row