PDA

View Full Version : Should non ECW people wrestle at ONS? (match spoiler?)

Shaggy
05-15-2006, 04:28 PM
According to ecwwrestlingnews.com

The match Terry Funk & Tommy Dreamer Vs Mick Foley and Edge has been set.....

WTF?....while hearing this match gets me all excited...shouldnt they stick to ECW wrestlers in the matches...Edge shouldnt be involved...

Skippord
05-15-2006, 05:26 PM
I bet its just cause they couldnt get Raven

St. Jimmy
05-15-2006, 05:37 PM
Edge belongs in an ECW environment. He'd be better placed and better used.

Rammsteinmad
05-15-2006, 06:58 PM
To answer the original question, I think yes. As long as they keep to only a few.

Obviously this PPV is gonna get the wheels moving for the new ECW they're bringing back... having one or two non-ECW stars might start to promote new talent (dunno if that makes sense...)

Like... if Edge was to join, this would be a good time for him to test out if he would suit ECW or not. And as St. Jimmy said, I think Edge would be pretty decent.

Cuzziebro
05-15-2006, 07:14 PM
Edge has already showed he's good in a hardcore environment, and I personally think he suits the role very well. Him and Foley would be very good and that showed at Wrestlemania, Edge will be very good if he is in ECW. In fact I would go so far to say that I want Edge to be in the new ECW.

St. Jimmy
05-15-2006, 07:20 PM
Edge has already showed he's good in a hardcore environment, and I personally think he suits the role very well. Him and Foley would be very good and that showed at Wrestlemania, Edge will be very good if he is in ECW. In fact I would go so far to say that I want Edge to be in the new ECW.

I think everyone who thinks Edge is worth ANYTHING would want him in ECW.

Bad Company
05-15-2006, 09:00 PM
to be honest, if there were any non ecw wrestlers I'd want to see in ECW, edge is one of them.

Destor
05-15-2006, 11:19 PM
WWF vs ECW was the biggest moment in ECW history (in terms of exposure.) So to continue this into ECW ONS only makes sense. Not to mention they are bringing back the Foley/Dreamer storyline. I can only hope to hear some classic "anti-hardcore" promos from Foley.

Ben Rodrigues
05-16-2006, 04:21 AM
I'd rather see Edge rise to prominance on RAW rather then ECW. Stick Miss Congeniality on ECW if you must.

Mr. Aristocrat
05-16-2006, 04:27 AM
Can the Hardcore Hoe help make a Hardcore Hero out of Edge? Tune in next week to find out, same Hardcore Time, same Hardcore Channel.

Dave Youell
05-16-2006, 05:05 AM
Considering they will HAVE to use non ECW talent in the future for the project as a whole, I think they do need to start using non ECW guys, someone like Edge does have that, well, Ironically 'edge' to him which is linked to ECW, plus the fans will be all over him, he will get some insane heat.

I'm just pissed off that they are basically carbon copying the originally great Funker/Foley feud when Cactus was a WCW fan, it's exactlly the same feud only last time Funk managed to get Foley back in the ring by saying Bischoff's a Homo rather than WWE sucks

weather vane
05-16-2006, 12:25 PM
I think this is a perfect match for ECW ONS. The place will explode.

RVDmark
05-16-2006, 12:31 PM
Should non ECW people wrestle at ONS?

IMO no. ONS should be ECW only, before/after ONS to build up ECW I don't care but ONS should be left to ECW'ers.

Having said that I'm looking forward to RVD going over Cena at ONS2.

s-hole
05-16-2006, 01:02 PM
1NS should be exclusive to the ECW Wrestlers... what about the rumours stating

wwe title match featuring rvd vs john cena

Mr. JL
05-16-2006, 09:28 PM
At this point I do not even care anymore. So long as there is a professional wrestling show that is entertaining, and doing something different from the lame duck normality of the WWE I will be happy. And with Paul E. and Dreamer at the helm I have confidence it will be better than what a bunch of Hollywood writers could put out.

The Heat
05-18-2006, 01:57 AM
ECW has to have "outsiders" to play the heel role. Nothing else would make sense.....

It'd have to be like the "WWE Crusaders" against ECW like last year. :lol: @ the possibility of JBL going into ECW, the crowd would hate him even more.

High Impact v.W.o
05-18-2006, 03:00 AM
Egde, Gunner Scott, CM Punk, Kash + Knoble, Kendrick and London, and Matt HArdy IMO would all work well in the new ECW.

Rammsteinmad
05-18-2006, 08:33 AM
The first ECW ONS was like the ECW tribute thing... now it's more like the start of a new ECW. They need to get non-ECWers there.

Crippla
05-27-2006, 01:57 PM
Hey, Lets bring up old posts.

Mr. Nerfect
05-27-2006, 09:02 PM
May as well revisit this. I really don't think that Mick Foley & Edge vs. Tommy Dreamer & Terry Funk should be on the One Night Stand card. The WWE vs. ECW Special card? Fuck yes! ONS? Debatable.

Edge would be a great addition to ECW one the promotion gets running, but anti-ECW guys competing at an ECW event? Just seems off to me.

If I were booking this whole thing, we'd have Edge & Mick Foley vs. Terry Funk & Tommy Dreamer at the special, with Funk & Dreamer going over when Lita low blows Edge, allowing Dreamer to hit the Spicolli Driver for the pin. Lita goes to ECW to feud with Jazz, or something.

At ECW One Night Stand, Mick Foley takes on Tommy Dreamer & Terry Funk in a 3-Way Dance. Terry Funk is eliminated by Mick Foley first. The show ends with Tommy Dreamer pinning Mick Foley, finally capping off the WWE vs. ECW feud.

Destor
05-28-2006, 08:05 AM
Edge would be a great addition to ECW one the promotion gets running, but anti-ECW guys competing at an ECW event?This happend while ECW was still around. Thet aren't doing anything Paul didn't OK 10 years ago. You point... is pointless.

hb2k
05-28-2006, 09:44 AM
Just to add to the original point, according to The Meltz, Heyman changed his mind from wanting Malenko Vs. Benoit, and actually was able to have the idea of Benoit Vs. Angle in a submission match approved for the show. Then Benoit took a hiatus, so it's all ditched.

Hardkore Kidd J
05-28-2006, 06:28 PM
If they put in the right wrestlers then yes I do believe non ECW wrestlers could be in ECW matches. After Edge's match with Foley at Wrestlemania 22 he is one of the non ECW wrestlers I want wrestling at ONS.

HeartBreakMan2k
05-28-2006, 09:35 PM
To me, since they're basically making ECW their own brand, they have to use BOTH WWE vs ECW and ONS2 to split them off to their own, going over WWE guys at both events will get them enough credibility to run their own show.

Xero
05-28-2006, 09:47 PM
On a sort of not related subject, the name makes less sense than it did before we knew ECW was going to be a brand. Forget that it's the second, ECW isn't a "One Night Stand" yearly, monthly, whatever anymore, it's here. :-\