PDA

View Full Version : May 19 theories

Schoenauer
05-17-2006, 01:31 AM
This thread was designed with the purpose so you all could post your theories about what happens May 19th. I'll start.

For some of us, May 19th happens to be the day we get paid. See No Evil comes out May 19th, against The DaVinci Code. I believe that Kane gets paid May 19th, however he's getting an unemployment check when his movie does piss poor at the box office opening.

Pepsi Man
05-17-2006, 01:34 AM
Come to think of it, May 19 is my official payday this week, even though I could pick my check up after 5 PM on May 18 if I so chose. Good points, amigo.

St. Jimmy
05-17-2006, 01:47 AM
As soon as the Smackdown Spoilers are up, i'm sure it'll make sense, and none of us will care before... you know... like we do now... :shifty:

The One
05-17-2006, 02:04 AM
My fucking lord in heaven. How many threads about May 19 do we need. You lazy fucks only need to scroll down like half a page to see another thread about May 19, go to the second page, there are like 3 or 4 threads there about this topic.

Schoenauer
05-17-2006, 02:04 AM
This thread's different. This is the May 19th thread to end all May 19th threads.

The One
05-17-2006, 02:10 AM
Simply because you made it? What is it about certain posters and making the one official thread? Do you somehow see each thread as a seperate entity, and if they merge together under your particular banner it somehow increase the thread's non-exsistant stock options?

DX, May 19, Getting a JBL by KK...we all have our stories and ideas about these, thats why we have topics. You simply click one of the already exsistent links, post your ideas in there, and then you don't come off like an ass with the impression of "My ideas, thoughts, concerns, and opinions are so important, they need to be seperated from everyone elses."

Now this isn't a personal attack on you, ok maybe it is a little, I am just tired as fuck as to seeing a shit load of the EXACT SAME THREADS posted over and over again.

Funky Fly
05-17-2006, 05:35 AM
Lemme put it like this: next person to post a May 19th thread (joke thread or otherwise, so don't test me, bitches) gets a 1 year ban.

tucsonspeed6
05-17-2006, 08:27 AM
I won't make a new thread, but maybe I can use this thread to talk about an important and related topic.

May 20th

So how do you think Kane will spend his Saturday? I think he'll mow his lawn.

Did anyone notice that when Kane's voice is playing and the mask is on the titantron, it says, "May 19th!... You can't stop it!... It's happening again!.... Oh yeah... the neighbors are bitching that you aren't weed-whacking around the hedges. Do something about that this Saturday!..."

Kane Knight
05-17-2006, 09:12 AM
DX, May 19, Getting a JBL by KK...we all have our stories and ideas about these, thats why we have topics.

Why are so many people thinking about me making them "squeeeeeeal like a pig?"

;)

TerranRich
05-17-2006, 09:44 AM
Lemme put it like this: next person to post a May 19th thread (joke thread or otherwise, so don't test me, bitches) gets a 1 year ban.
Me love you long time

Xero
05-17-2006, 10:24 AM
Me love you longer time

TerranRich
05-17-2006, 11:53 AM
MAY 19TH!!!!

Kane Knight
05-17-2006, 12:33 PM
Me love him even longer.

Xero
05-17-2006, 12:38 PM
Kane loves him longest time.

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g122/sandman3g/Wrestling/may19.gif

UmbrellaCorporation
05-17-2006, 01:06 PM
lol, this is irrelevant, but I thought it'd be good for a "WTF?" moment.

I just finished applying at Hastings Entertainment here in town, right? The hiring manager there wrestles for a local promotion, and I'm going to be training under him so I can start to do it. But we always chat about wrestling in there (he's not a regular mark, by any means either.), so when it asked what day I could start on, I put in "MAY 19TH" in all caps. Hope he gets the reference.

And if I get a job because of Kane, well...that's just swell. :D

The One
05-17-2006, 01:20 PM
That's a beautiful thought of wrestling nerds uniting. Here's hoping you get the job...you loser. :p

UmbrellaCorporation
05-17-2006, 01:21 PM
Yeah, you know, after I posted that, I felt half proud, half ashamed. :(

The One
05-17-2006, 01:25 PM
You can't have ti both ways. Be proud of the fact that on Friday nights while many others are getting laid, you spend it watching half naked men talk smack to one another and then do staged fights. OR, be ashamed that you happen to have a vast knowledge of a particualr feild that millions of people enjoy every week, in many ways using small code words like "mark" or "kayfabe" as a form of secert handshake that indeed if used correctly your knowledge can impress anyone who has ever even heard the name of The Rock, Hulk Hogan, or Stone Cold. BUT YOU CAN'T HAVE IT BOTH WAYS! :foc:

UmbrellaCorporation
05-17-2006, 01:29 PM
When you put it like that, I feel like a wrestling

..............GOD. :cool:

The One
05-17-2006, 01:32 PM
Damn, I was hoping to stear you in the direction of being ashamed. Oh and I think I have heard someone use that "Wrestling...God" phrase before, I just can't quite put a face to it though...

Xero
05-17-2006, 01:35 PM
You know, I figured out that we're just as bad as the Star Trek bunch.

I mean, we don't make up our own language, but-...

ALYALAAAAYAAAALAYAAA! UMMAAAAGGGAAAAA! BUH LUH BUH POOH GREAT BUH KAHLI KALASHAMA!

Wait... :shifty:

TerranRich
05-17-2006, 02:03 PM
I speak Allaayehaheaeyaeyheahan, Khalish, and Fake Farsi. MASH MAHALLA ALLA BA HASSAN!!

The One
05-17-2006, 02:08 PM
Smarks > Trekies

It's simple science. You know too much about wrestling cause you have a friend in the industry (internet friend, but no need to split hairs). No Trekie has a friend who is in Starfleet. Infact the more you know about the roots of wrestling, sometimes the better. I have slipped up and used the term "mark out" a lot over the years. People ask me what I just said, I explain that the term Mark was originally used as a Carnie term to describe someone who they could get money from, in modern useage it is used by some in the entertainment industry to describe someone who is really into a particular storyline or character, the term is most commonly used in relation to fans of pro wrestling, since they fork over money for a "RAGE IN THE CAGE" or to see The Rock. If by some chance someone starts to accuse you of being a wrestling nerd, simply roll with the pounches and make jokes about "Don't make me lay the smackdown!" or "If you don't shut your pie hole, I'm gonna take you on in a cage match!" Make it big enough that people get your are going over the top to make fun of the product yourself. In the minds of most, you are simply someone who still enjoys wrestling from Middle or maybe even High School. No one thinks twice about it again.

Now when it comes to Trekies, once someone gets you're a nerd, you can't really play it off as cool. Saying your will disintigrate them is only like half a step above someone who threatens to roll a 24 D 4 (sorry I don't really know D&D terms) on your ass. However if you are ever caught enjoying Star Trek, the best thing you can do is embrace it. Don't try to underplay your nerdiness. Stand up and take pride in the fact that you are a nerd. Don't bore the people who you are talking to with facts about the show, just say "Hell yeah I'm a fuckin nerd, I will go round to round with anyone about it!" It show confidence, and occasionally when some nerby nerd does challenge you to a nerd off, and believe me it happens, don't answer everything you might know. Answer only what the shows would talk about, never what a book has said. It shows you like the show, arn't afraid of what people think about you, but also, at the end of the day, you arn't really THAT big of a nerd.

So anytime your about to get your nerdy little ass humiliated, you just come see The One, The Nerd Publiic Relations Consultant.

Xero
05-17-2006, 02:11 PM
Shit, I just made a whole thread on nerdieness. :shifty:

UmbrellaCorporation
05-17-2006, 02:55 PM
^

See? That's why smarks are great. We suck, we're pathetic, we have no lives, our penises remain unused (for the most part), but you know what? That's perfectly okay, because anything else would be UNACCEPTABLE.

Kane Knight
05-17-2006, 03:19 PM
It's almost as though our nerdiness is MAKE IT or BREAK IT.

TerranRich
05-17-2006, 04:40 PM
BatistaBOMBED!

Kane Knight
05-18-2006, 10:05 AM
Historically, May 19th is the day that Captain William Turner, namesake of Turner's Falls, MA, waited for the men of a local native tribe to go hunting, took a hundred-fifty or so men in and slaughtered 300 women and children.

He was honoured as a hero and there's a statue erected to him that is celebrated on May 19th. Legend has it the natives cursed the region.

That's it. Kane was the last living decendant of William Turner. Undertaker is safe from the haunting because Paul Bearer isn't his father.

Kane Knight
05-18-2006, 10:06 AM
You see how I just bumped an old thread, rather than making a new one? BEHOLD MY AMAZING POWERS!

TerranRich
05-18-2006, 11:40 AM
WTF YOU ARE USPPOSED TO CREATE A NEW THREAD< NOOB!!

Xero
05-18-2006, 11:45 AM
The Revolution (or just the controller) was revealed last year on May 19th.

Kane is going to get an early version of the Wii tomorrow and he can't control his excitement.