PDA

View Full Version : Kurt Angle *Spoilers*

RVDmark
05-31-2006, 07:45 AM
In the raw thread this week there were a lot of people saying that Angle going to ECW is stupid because of the storyline. As I never join the Raw thread cos it airs at 2am over here I just wanted to add some input.

Kurt going to ECW is great. He doesn't need to be hardcore he is a pure wrestler. IMO they are booking ECW to be for the wrestling fanbase and the WWE to be for the Sports Entertainment fanbase.

Hopefully ECW with Heyman and Dreamer booking it whilst Vince does the accounts will be awesome.

Anyway, Kurt Angle did bash ECW last year at ONS, But, he may have decided to go to ECW (storyline wise) because Taz put the Tazmission on him and WWE got their asses kicked the fuck out the ballroom. Thus ECW is better than WWE. Angle has always been better than WWE, Angle makes the smart choice.

There we go we can all be friends again now.:)

Anyway I've been on a bit of a rant there so to lighten the mood.

It's great to be, right here, in the TPWW Forums. :shifty:

*Gets cheap pop*

*Runs the fuck away from the ensuing flaming for using cheap pop*

:lol:

Impact!
05-31-2006, 07:54 AM
-throws brick-

RVDmark
05-31-2006, 07:58 AM
*Feels the Impact! of the Brick*

Dave Youell
05-31-2006, 08:22 AM
Maybe, try posting spoilers in a topic that contains spoilers

What do you think?

Team Sheep
05-31-2006, 08:31 AM
I think it's a good move. You heard what Paul said, this new ECW will be more about the wrestling, and with Kurt there he can just do what he's always done. And seeing as it's only going to be an hour a week, and as far as I know (correct me on this) they aren't scheduling any house shows as of yet or anything, so it would give Kurt a lot of time off, which is what he needs with the way he is right now.

Impact!
05-31-2006, 08:31 AM
Maybe the brick knocked some sense into him.

RVDmark
05-31-2006, 08:35 AM
Edit yeah spoiler warning now added. Apologies.

Plus with angle in ECW it opens up the possibility of Taz vs Angle in a well built up match. :drool:

Maybe Just Maybe.

Kane Knight
05-31-2006, 09:30 AM
I think it's a good move. You heard what Paul said, this new ECW will be more about the wrestling, and with Kurt there he can just do what he's always done. And seeing as it's only going to be an hour a week, and as far as I know (correct me on this) they aren't scheduling any house shows as of yet or anything, so it would give Kurt a lot of time off, which is what he needs with the way he is right now.

I heard what Paul said, but remember, the OLD ECW wasn't about hardcore, either. But when they advertise ECW, they always seem to show the EXTREEEEEEEEEEME! Even though the Rise and Fall DVD makes mention of this, we end up with videos like ECW's most violent matches or whatever.

Remember, at the end of the day, Vincent Kennedy McMahon is still in charge, and having faith in Vince to let Heyman run the company unmolested is not something the intelligent will do.

TerranRich
05-31-2006, 10:10 AM
WHAT THE FUCK?

Thank you for ruining Kurt Angle's return, thank you for ruining what would have been my only mark out moment in a year.

WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU TYPE "SPOILERS" WHEN YOU TYPE WHAT THE SPOILER IS RIGHT BESIDE IT!!!!!!!!!

Now I know Angle is confirmed, he is my favourite wrestler, hearing his damn music hit would have made me mark out so bad, but no, you have to fucking ruin it, couldn't you make the title "RAW major spoilers" alone? Seriously man, use your goddam brain. Why mark for spoilers when the spoiler is right beside where you mark for spoilers.

Fuck this shit, you're not the only one who does it, so many people do, I am out of the fucking wrestling forum besides for tipsters until RAW is over, see you all in a few minutes.

Kane Knight
05-31-2006, 10:32 AM

You're corrected. ECW has now announced house shows. :)

ThruTheWire
05-31-2006, 10:52 AM
WHAT THE FUCK?

Thank you for ruining Kurt Angle's return, thank you for ruining what would have been my only mark out moment in a year.

Calm down, it wasn't really that great. You're definitely overreacting. If you don't want to see spoilers then don't come until you watch the damn show. It's your fault that you didn't watch it yet, it's not anyone elses concern.

Dave Youell
05-31-2006, 10:55 AM
Hmm maybe just type the word spoilers, not raw spoilers, it does indicate that Raw and Angle may have something to do with each other

RVDmark
05-31-2006, 11:20 AM
I edited it again although I didn't think spoilers were neccessary for shows that aired 3 days ago.

The One
05-31-2006, 11:44 AM
Some people around the world see RAW several days later then when it takes place live. A good rule of thumb is wait a week before you no longer need to be careful of spoilers.

And I think Angle will make an incredible addition to ECW. One of my biggest regrets of Kurt Angle was his choice to walk out of ECW when he was first offerend employment by. Not that I don't understand why he did it, simply that I wish he wouldn't have. And while we will never be able to see how Angle (one of the all time greats) would have fit in during ECW's high point, we at least can see him in the ECW Phoenix.

St. Jimmy
05-31-2006, 11:52 AM
Calm down, it wasn't really that great. You're definitely overreacting. If you don't want to see spoilers then don't come until you watch the damn show. It's your fault that you didn't watch it yet, it's not anyone elses concern.

LOL. Priceless.

TerranRich
05-31-2006, 12:21 PM
LOL, it was a joke. I thought that was understood. I've seen that "WHAT THE FUCK?" post put up several times over the past year around here. It all began with a spoiler that Austin might return at WrestleMania 21 :lol:

So don't worry, I"m not really pissed. I would think that "see you in a few minutes" would give the joke away. :p

Team Sheep
05-31-2006, 04:34 PM
:rofl:

Team Sheep
05-31-2006, 04:35 PM
You're corrected. ECW has now announced house shows. :)

Lol yeah, they announced house shows like 10 minutes after I posted that. :o

Disturbed316
05-31-2006, 05:40 PM
Yeah, Angle going to ECW really makes sense. He turned up for a job there in 96 and left before even finished out of disgust. He then trashed them on the Rise & Fall of ECW dvd, lead the Smackdown cruisade AGAINST ECW at last years ONS and now they have him on the roster.

Brilliant.

Fenix122
05-31-2006, 06:31 PM
LOL, it was a joke. I thought that was understood. I've seen that "WHAT THE FUCK?" post put up several times over the past year around here. It all began with a spoiler that Austin might return at WrestleMania 21 :lol:

So don't worry, I"m not really pissed. I would think that "see you in a few minutes" would give the joke away. :p

WHAT THE FUCK?

Thank you for ruining Austin's return, thank you for ruining what would have been my only mark out moment in a year.

Now I know Austin is confirmed, he is my favourite wrestler, hearing his damn music hit would have made me mark out so bad, but no, you have to fucking ruin it, couldn't you make the post "Wrestlemania 21 major spoilers" alone? Seriously man, use your goddam brain.

Fuck this shit, you're not the only one who does it, so many people do, I am out of the fucking wrestling forum besides for tipsters until Wrestlemania 21 is over, see you all over a year ago. :rofl:

Kane Knight
05-31-2006, 07:13 PM
LOL. BTW, it wasn't a rumour he'd return. He was confirmed, by WWE, and currently being advertised. Gohan freaked out...

mike627
05-31-2006, 07:57 PM
lol

thecc
05-31-2006, 08:50 PM
Yeah, Angle going to ECW really makes sense. He turned up for a job there in 96 and left before even finished out of disgust. He then trashed them on the Rise & Fall of ECW dvd, lead the Smackdown cruisade AGAINST ECW at last years ONS and now they have him on the roster.

Brilliant.He'd be perfect as a main event heel then.

Volchok
06-01-2006, 12:08 AM
ECW Tapings begin June 20th, so Kurt has some time to rest.

Corkscrewed
06-01-2006, 12:35 AM

Brilliant.

Okay, we're talking about wrestling, where a wrestler might turn heel twice in one year.

Angle changing his mind really isn't that unbelievable within the confines of kayfabe.

The Naitch
06-01-2006, 12:40 AM
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BvTNyKIGXiI"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BvTNyKIGXiI" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

The Naitch
06-01-2006, 12:42 AM
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BvTNyKIGXiI"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BvTNyKIGXiI" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

The Naitch
06-01-2006, 12:42 AM

The Naitch
06-01-2006, 12:43 AM
one more time

Kane Knight
06-01-2006, 08:56 AM
ECW Tapings begin June 20th, so Kurt has some time to rest.

Presuming he's not still showing up on Raw and Smackdown until their programming starts. I mean, he was REALLY resting this week. ;)

TerranRich
06-01-2006, 09:55 AM
We should have a thread that explains all our favorite pastimes: Hassan-ing threads, the WHAT THE FUCK? Spoiler spazz-out, etc. The "Guide to TPWW-isms"

Disturbed316
06-01-2006, 09:59 AM
Check out the woman infront of him in the pink shirt laughing.

Jaton
06-01-2006, 01:26 PM
We should have a thread that explains all our favorite pastimes: Hassan-ing threads, the WHAT THE FUCK? Spoiler spazz-out, etc. The "Guide to TPWW-isms"

You fail at humor, biatch.

Kane Knight
06-01-2006, 01:39 PM
He fails at a lot of things, but I think he's on the right track here. Maybe a "TPWW dictionary.

For that matter, add them as part of the Wikipedia entry if it's still up. That'd be awesome.

TerranRich
06-01-2006, 03:40 PM
There's no entry for TPWW in the Wikipedia. Maybe I'll add one later on tonight if I feel like it.