PDA

View Full Version : Kane Contemplating Retirement

BobBitchen
06-05-2006, 12:35 AM
From LOP

Kane, 39, has expressed to WWE management that he plans on retiring soon, perhaps as early as January 2007. Kane told management that he has accomplished all he can in his career. Should Kane retire, it won't affect his See No Evil film deal as he signed a contract for a sequel to the movie.

One source within WWE said, "Kane is the most respected guy in the Raw locker room. He carries himself very professionally and it would be ashame to end his career without a decent title run." Kane has stated several times that his 24 hour title reign in 1998 does not bother him, however, many within WWE (including Vince McMahon) feels as though that Kane has been bothered that he has not gotten another title reign in his career. Even though he's technically on RAW, there was some thought to giving him a title win at Judgment Day or No Way Out, but those plans were nixed. Another source said that when Kane was asked about a possible future title reign he said, "It's time for the younger guys to shine."

Before his departure, Kane would like to be involved with Bobby Lashley, Randy Orton and John Cena. He would also like to reunite with The Undertaker as a tag team. Additionally, The Undertaker has expressed to management that Kane could possibly be the one to end his undefeated Wrestlemania streak. However, Kane turned down the idea, seeing as it would take credibility away from Taker's legacy.

Skippord
06-05-2006, 12:37 AM
If thats true Kane is the man

Shadow
06-05-2006, 01:19 AM
Just that last part was....awsome.

Nervous Ferret
06-05-2006, 01:22 AM
Good he stupid ugly and I hate him

I dunno why I said that, Kane is the greatest. Also that stupid LOP site is where sammyG gets all his info that is never true, so I would not trust it.

crash99
06-05-2006, 01:44 AM
Never have been a real big fan of Kane, but if all those things are true, he has my respect.

Mr. Aristocrat
06-05-2006, 01:53 AM
Glen Jacobs is a fuckin pimp. That's a man who has loyalty to a company and a seemingly genuine love for his craft. He totally just earned like 100 fucking points in awesomeness.

icecoldblood01
06-05-2006, 02:02 AM
i hope kane and taker do reunite one last time. it would be a real kick ass show and paul bearer should come back too.

Nervous Ferret
06-05-2006, 02:03 AM
yeah great idea! Exact for the whole being buried in a block of cement thing

Mr. Nerfect
06-05-2006, 02:05 AM
I know LOP is not the most reliable site (in fact quite the contrary), but I don't see why Kane wouldn't have thought about retirement. He's probably got millions saved, he's bee a top guy for a while now, and his career doesn't seem to be building to anything it hasn't been in the last few years. I would LOVE to see Kane get treated as a top guy in the company, because I truly believe he deserves it, but I don't think that will happen.

When John Cena ends up with the WWE Championship around his waist (probably after RVD wins it and then claims it is a piece of crap and forfeits it), I think Kane should be the guy who beats him. Maybe at Summerslam? Kane Chokeslamming John Cena would be such a mark-out moment for me and many others. The WWE usually doesn't do anything with this time, give Kane a title run.

I truly believe Kane should win a Royal Rumble somewhere as well. If the WWE Championship becomes interpromotional after One Night Stand, I doubt it will happen, but maybe they could have him lose his title shot or something. Ever since I started watching wrestling in 2001 Kane has been my favourite, and his performance in the 2001 Royal Rumble has forced me to associate Kane with the Rumble ever since then.

Hell, why not just have a "Year of the Machine" much like they had a "Year of the Wolverine" with Chris Benoit in 2004. Have Kane win the Royal Rumble, King of the Ring and WWE Title all within a year of each other. Stranger (and worse) things have happened.

Mr. Nerfect
06-05-2006, 02:07 AM
Hell, Kane winning the WWE Championship, Royal Rumble, King of the Ring and ending The Undertaker's streak at WrestleMania would make him the greatest ever, in my opinion.

Funky Fly
06-05-2006, 02:15 AM
Let's not be posting news from Lords of Pain, please.

That said, go Kane.

Nervous Ferret
06-05-2006, 02:24 AM
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=688 border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD colSpan=29 height=50></TD><TD vAlign=center align=middle width=64 colSpan=4 rowSpan=5></TD><TD height=50></TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD height=288></TD><TD colSpan=5 height=288></TD><TD vAlign=center align=middle width=216 colSpan=16>http://www.percypringle.com/Gallery-Pictures/Room-6/Photos/PB-concrete.gif</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

PullMyFinger
06-05-2006, 03:07 AM
Kane - I always had respect for him. Quite frankly, he's prob had to deal with the stupidest shit in wrestling and still was professional with it.

D Mac
06-05-2006, 05:41 AM
Glen Jacobs may retire, but Kane may live on. If the masked Kane comes back for good they could just put someone else inside the costume and continue the gimmick.

Hired Hitman
06-05-2006, 05:45 AM
It would be cool for the Undertaker and Kane to do a storyline to end Kanes Career, something to complete their story.

JH
06-05-2006, 07:35 AM
this was also posted on wrestlezone so i'd say it's all true

Sadistic
06-05-2006, 08:11 AM
this was also posted on wrestlezone so i'd say it's all true

That's a joke right?

BobBitchen
06-05-2006, 08:19 AM
This is who LOP credits as their source

source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter.
link to article (http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/2006/articles/1149471889.php)

Afterlife
06-05-2006, 10:01 AM
Glen Jacobs may retire, but Kane may live on. If the masked Kane comes back for good they could just put someone else inside the costume and continue the gimmick.

Kane is a character, not a gimmick. :roll:

Kane Knight
06-05-2006, 10:02 AM
This is who LOP credits as their source

source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter.
link to article (http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/2006/articles/1149471889.php)

Good. Now all you need to do is link us to where Meltzer actually said this on the observer. Oh wait, except you can't.

Team Sheep
06-05-2006, 12:25 PM
I have all the respect in the world for Kane. You could say that he's been a big part of the WWE's ratings success over the years. He's a great draw for kids, because all kids love big, mysterious, destructive monsters. I hope he does get another title run before he calls it a day.

FourFifty
06-05-2006, 01:57 PM
<strike>NOOOOOOO!!!!! GOD NOOOOOO!!!!!

I'm a HUGE fan of Kane, since day one. No, he's not the best wrestler, and no, he's not the best with promos, but I'll be damned if he's not one of the best monsters out there. He'll be missed if he calls it quits.</strike>

Edit: I am an idiot who didn't check the link.

Kane Knight
06-05-2006, 02:00 PM
It wasn't really reported in the Observer, 450. Don't waste your breath lamenting the loss of a wrestler reported from a fake news source.

NeanderCarl
06-05-2006, 02:04 PM
Kane is a character, not a gimmick. :roll:

Come off it.... Steve Austin is a character. Mick Foley is a character. Kurt Angle is a character.

Kane is a gimmick.

Stickman
06-05-2006, 02:49 PM
I haven't really been a fan of Kane for years but I do respect the guy and it really wouldn't be a bad thing if he retired. The sad thing though, there won't be a void if he was gone. He's no Rock or Austin or anybody who has something to do with ratings, but he seems like a good guy and I wish him best of luck.

I think he is the one character that the WWE should actually kill off. I know they dont' believe in murder and death and whatnot for storylines, but I think Kane dying would be a perfect ending to his gimmick.

Nervous Ferret
06-05-2006, 03:11 PM
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=688 border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD colSpan=29 height=50></TD><TD vAlign=center align=middle width=64 colSpan=4 rowSpan=5></TD><TD height=50></TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD height=288></TD><TD colSpan=5 height=288></TD><TD vAlign=center align=middle width=216 colSpan=16>http://www.percypringle.com/Gallery-Pictures/Room-6/Photos/PB-concrete.gif</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>lolllll come on. That is the funniest thing I have seen in a long time

GoodByeJBL
06-05-2006, 03:11 PM
before he goes he needs to be put in the hall of fame

Nervous Ferret
06-05-2006, 03:12 PM
That can't happen after he retires?

Also are you BatistaBOMBED!?

Corkscrewed
06-05-2006, 03:13 PM
Mad respect for Kane regardless. He's always seemed to be one of the few guys who does NOT have an ego, and he's willing to do whatever's needed. Good for Glen Jacobs! :y:

RVDmark
06-05-2006, 04:39 PM
Personally I have expected Kane to end Undertakers streak anyway. They have a history together and it would end the storyline with respect to what happened in the past. If Undertaker wants to retire soon and Kane wants to retire then they could build up to wrestlemania where they destroy each other so that whoever wins or loses it doesn't matter.

Azriel
06-05-2006, 05:17 PM
If anyone had to end Taker's streak, it HAS to be Kane. No ifs ands or buts

crash99
06-05-2006, 06:32 PM
He would be a good choice, but I would be shocked if Undertaker loses at Wrestlemania before he retires. I don't see it happening.

Dorkchop
06-05-2006, 07:01 PM
Kane beating Undertaker's streak would only be good if Kane will be around for a couple of years after that. Even 2 is fine. If Kane ends the streak, and retires 6 months later, it'll be stupid.

I hope Kane is around for a while longer. I really enjoy him in the ring. Even with the shitty angles and storylines, I loved him. He's a great wrestler and worker for his size.

Maybe Kane and Undertaker's last match could be against each other. Undertaker shouldn't be around for too much longer. I like him in the ring, but his 4 matches a year aren't cutting it for me. I know he has a family now... Maybe he should fully commit to them.

Maybe Kane and Taker could face off in a burried alive or casket match (Or a burried alive casket match) at Wrestlemania. have the match be long (It'll be a good match). Have a lot of close calls towards the end with them burrying each other. Have Kane about to bury Taker first, but Taker escapses. Have Kane narrowly escape from being burried by Taker a couple of times too. Eventually have Kane try a few more times, but Taker keeps escaping at the last minute. Eventually Kane will beat the shit out of taker and throw him in the hole. When Kane is about to poor the dirt on him, Taker yet again sits up and is about to get out. Kane jumps in, and they beat the crap out of each other. They knock each other out, lay there for a minute, and then the dirt falls on them, burrying them.

That ending would kick so much ass. It even leaves the door open if they wish to un-retire (No one ever fully retires). Anyone else think that's cool? Alienoid?

NoJabbaNoBogRoll
06-05-2006, 07:08 PM
Edit in a Doug Basham run-in, to unload the dirt into the hole, and he'll bite.

Xero
06-05-2006, 07:43 PM
So where does this leave Fa(ke)ne? :shifty:

Skippord
06-05-2006, 09:37 PM
If anyone had to end Taker's streak, it HAS to be Mark Henry. No ifs ands or buts
:shifty:

Kane Knight
06-05-2006, 10:15 PM
Do you REALLY want Taker to die, Skip?

Xero
06-05-2006, 11:10 PM
Do you REALLY want Taker to die, Skip?
I thought he was already dead.

Kane Knight
06-05-2006, 11:17 PM
Not anymore.

Xero
06-05-2006, 11:42 PM
So he's UNdead? :shifty:

V
06-05-2006, 11:46 PM
does anyone ever really retire these days

The Naitch
06-05-2006, 11:52 PM
Kane wil get the jobber treatment, sadly

KillerWolf
06-06-2006, 05:42 AM
i hope kane and taker do reunite one last time. it would be a real kick ass show and paul bearer should come back too.

horrible...this idea of yours. just horrible. :n:

Lux
06-07-2006, 10:06 AM
The sad thing though, there won't be a void if he was gone.
Come on, Raw would be nothing without the random burst of pyro and Kane coming out to destroy someone, we all would miss the pyro anyway