PDA

View Full Version : Teh 1Night Stand (Part Duce) Thread!!!!

FourFifty
06-12-2006, 08:08 PM
OMFG!!!!! WE DON'T HAVE ENOUGH 1 NIGHT STAND THREADS!!! STICKY THIS ONE AND MAKE IT TEH REEEEEEL JUAN!!!!!!11!!!one1!!

Seriously, everyone, stop making these little threads about ECW's ppv unless it makes a point.

Much like the WBF and the XFL it'll just be a waste of time, money, and effort. But since everyone seems to own their little May 19th, DX, and ECW threads, here's mine.

Maybe I'm a little burnt that that title went to RVD. Now if you ask any wrestling fan and avoid marks at all cost they'll tell you RVD is a better wrestler. Better on the mic and in the ring, hands down. If RVD vs Cena for the title would have taken place at any other PPV I would have been pulling for RVD. When it came to ECW's ppv I wanted to see Cena FU RVD in the middle of the ring for a clean three count. Now I'm glad that the little spinner belt is gone. I've always hated that belt, but I've always been a mark for that title.

The physical belt means very little to me. The idea of the title means a lot to me on the other hand. I don't think Hulk Hogan, Bob Backlund, Randy Savage, The Iron Sheik, Bret Hart, or The Nature Boy (both Buddy Rogers and Ric Flair) ever wanted to hold the ECW title. I don't think The Million Dollar Man, Andre The Giant, Owen Hart or The Hot Rod wanted to hold the ECW title. I don't think Vince Sr. wanted to promote the title he gave to Buddy Rogers as the ECW title. The "richest prize in the game" has turned into a second rate title.

In all honesty I almost cried when I heard RVD won it. Call me a pussy, I don't care. Knowing that the title that we've all been watching for years, for better or worse, has become a second rate title broke my heart. So yeah, I marked out but not in the typical way. Now guys like Sabu, The Sandman, Danny Doring, Terry Funk and other people who are either past their prime or never had a chance to shine are going after the title that some of the best people in the industry on this side of the world fought for.

No, not every champion was great. The Big Show was far from great, and as much as I enjoy watching him Kane wasn't the best champion. Hogan's last title run was a joke and Triple H has held the title too many times.... but for every bad title run there has been two great ones.

In risk of sounding shmaltzy, there has been decades of blood, sweat and tears going into that title. And now all of that... it all means nothing. I'm not going to watch ECW until that title is back where it belongs. No, not back around Cena's waist because it shouldn't have been there for that long. That title needs to go back to where it came from. WWWF, WWF, WWE, whatever you call it that title's legacy has been tarnished.

So say what you will. Insult my spelling, tell me ECW will last ten thousand years, call me a pussy, say I'm making to big of a deal out of a tv show, tell me to quit my bitching, I don't care. Just don't tell me I don't care about that titles still mean.

Blitz
06-12-2006, 08:14 PM
And you thought the best way to get people to stop making ONS threads was to make your own.

McLegend
06-12-2006, 08:23 PM
Pussy

Kane Knight
06-12-2006, 10:01 PM
And you thought the best way to get people to stop making ONS threads was to make your own.

He was looking for an excuse not to get bitched at.