PDA

View Full Version : Fake Kane to take over the part???

snakeboss
06-13-2006, 05:43 PM
The Kane vs. Kane II angle was actually meant to start a few months ago. At the time, Glen Jacobs told Drew Hankinson that his career was winding down and that he was going to pass the torch on to him.

Source: The Wrestling Observer

No! Kane IS Glen Jacobs...there can't be another Kane..

Corkscrewed
06-13-2006, 05:51 PM
KANE-A-MANIA WILL NEVER DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

loopydate
06-13-2006, 05:53 PM
Although, of all the ways to pass the torch, this one is actually not bad.

LK
06-13-2006, 05:54 PM
I personally hope it's not true (that the character will be passed on) however this just serves as another comparison between Kane and Undertaker. Difference being that Kane is actually willing to use his star position to put over the young guys.

The Ravishing One
06-13-2006, 05:55 PM
Although, of all the ways to pass the torch, this one is actually not bad.

:y:

Disturbed316
06-13-2006, 05:57 PM
Nah, Jacobs should always play Kane. Maybe they do an angle where he gets buried and then six months later he comes back with the newer old mask and continue the feud.

Dave Youell
06-13-2006, 06:01 PM
I don't understand why a tourch has to be passed, but if that's what they want to do, yeah this way isn't too bad I guess. Could be ALOT worse

UmbrellaCorporation
06-13-2006, 06:30 PM
^

FAR worse. I hate to see Glen Jacobs go, especially since he's been so tolerable of his roles, and seems to be a genuinely nice guy, but if he's going out, this is a pretty decent way. :y:

Kane Knight
06-13-2006, 06:36 PM
Kane is Glen Jacobs. They should just retire the big red jobber if Kane retires.

However, if the guy reveals it was all a mindfuck to get rid of Kane, that'd be awesome. But they wouldn't do that, because "new guys" need to be killed off for years, no matter how popular they will, or EVERYONE will jump to the NFL and then sue Vince.

Also, I didn't see this on the Observer's site.

Y2Jeremy
06-13-2006, 06:46 PM
yea the mistake is still thinking of Kane as a Gimmick. Kane is a Character. Much like HHH is a character, and the blueblood thing is a gimmick. I think a majority of the fans wont accept the new guy, unless they do some smoke and mirrors, and put glen jacobs under the mask, reveal his face, put the mask back on, and Then let the new guy take over with the understanding that he is glen jacobs still.

The Ravishing One
06-13-2006, 06:47 PM
Perhaps Kane will get buried or something and re-appear at Wrestlemania. Taking time out to film etc..

CYCLOPTERSAURUS
06-13-2006, 08:00 PM
yea the mistake is still thinking of Kane as a Gimmick. Kane is a Character. Much like HHH is a character, and the blueblood thing is a gimmick. I think a majority of the fans wont accept the new guy, unless they do some smoke and mirrors, and put glen jacobs under the mask, reveal his face, put the mask back on, and Then let the new guy take over with the understanding that he is glen jacobs still.

Yeah, that would make everybody think that there are really two Glen Jacobs'. Everybody would be fooled. Surely all the fans would accept him then.

McLegend
06-13-2006, 08:05 PM
Actually i think this is kinda cool. I love Glen Jacobs good worker and a good company man, but he really hasn't looked good in the ring in the past few years.

Pepsi Man
06-13-2006, 08:20 PM
I think it's stupid. At that rate, they could have another Eddie Guerrero, since he used to work in a mask.

D Mac
06-14-2006, 02:59 AM
Well at least they got the right wig this time.

Mr. Nerfect
06-14-2006, 04:45 PM
Freakin' Deacon does an excellent job of miming Kane's old mannerisms. I think we all soured on him the moment they fucked up the wig. I'm willing to give the guy a second chance.

I personally like the idea of him going under the mask and costume to play mind games with Kane, trying to destroy "the best big man in the business" on every level possible. Of course, Kane should go over in the end, but it would make The Deacon look like he has balls. Passing the character along is pretty stupid, in my opinion. I just don't see it working. To be perfectly honest, I do like the idea of Kane's legacy being continued, though. If they have Freakin' Deacon take over the role full-time, he needs to be recognised as a former WWE Champion, etc.

But yeah, I like the idea of the character being retired with Glen Jacobs.

RottingFreak
06-14-2006, 06:49 PM
Maybe they could say that Kane had a twin brother, Paul Bearer being the mother. It makes sence since he's really fat!

Stickman
06-15-2006, 12:31 PM
I like the angle, but I think it's gay that the new masked Kane is smaller than the original Kane. Remember how big Kane's arms were when he debuted? Well this new guy is no where near as big.

Kane Knight
06-15-2006, 02:03 PM
So has this been verified? Because I still haven't noticed the shit.

joe shadow
06-15-2006, 09:06 PM
No! Kane IS Glen Jacobs...there can't be another Kane..

I agree,there can be no other Kane.

D Mac
06-16-2006, 01:18 AM
Flaming Casket Match

.44 Magdalene
06-16-2006, 03:45 AM
For some strange reason, I kinda like this idea.

.44 Magdalene
06-16-2006, 03:52 AM
I guess I could say a bit more than that. Lol.

Anyway, a second Kane would seem to add a bit of prestige to the character you don't generally see outside of like, Mexican luchadores. You know, passing the mask itself down to an up and comer, and having him carry on the mask's namesake. Yeah, it's not nearly like that at all for a wide variety of reasons, but it makes me think of some sort of American lucha libre torch passing. There's just something about the power of the mask haunting a second young man...

Of course, they could probably formulate a damn good and eery storyline about why this new guy is becoming Kane, but they probably won't. I personally think the idea of Kane's hatred and the power of the mask leaving Glen Jacobs to possess a new figure is rather bad ass, and a bit of a reprise of the old Kane-is-Jason-Vorhees days. Just my two cents, though. I like weird angles.

Chavo Classic
06-16-2006, 05:25 AM
I still think it's a joke that the WWE has a so-called "creative department" when this is the crap it comes up with. How about you let the gimmich (or the character, whatever) retire along with Jacobs? The WWE's affinity with the past and its glories will one day be its own downfall.

Skippord
06-16-2006, 05:36 AM
Maybe they could say that Kane had a twin brother, Paul Bearer being the mother. It makes sence since he's really fat!
Kanes evil twin: TODD

Chavo Classic
06-16-2006, 05:40 AM
Flaming Casket Match

Cleveland Steamer Match!

Kane Knight
06-16-2006, 09:38 AM
Kanes evil twin: TODD

JR: HELLFIRE AND BRIMSTONE! TODD! TODD! BAH GAWD TODD!