PDA

View Full Version : EDIT: The Zombie Appreciation Thread

Corkscrewed
06-14-2006, 02:25 PM
http://www.wwe.com/shows/ecw/ecwphotos/514.jpg

RATING$$$

Destor
06-14-2006, 02:31 PM
Isn't WWE vs ECW the biggest problem with the show thus far? Do we need more? Dunno, just my opinion.

Corkscrewed
06-14-2006, 02:33 PM
Sorry, changed the topic title to something more interesting.

Corkscrewed
06-14-2006, 02:33 PM
Somehow, my Sandman topic got posted twice.

UmbrellaCorporation
06-14-2006, 02:39 PM
I am so about the Zombie.

Seriously, it was so bad that it was good. Not to mention the best promo ever. It's a crime he didn't go over Sandman cleanly. I mean, Sandman was already weakened by not having "Enter Sandman" playing. Zombie should've squashed him.

Corkscrewed
06-14-2006, 02:43 PM
Dude, could you imagine the following promo battle?

http://www.wwe.com/shows/ecw/ecwphotos/514.jpg VS http://www.wwe.com/superstars/smackdown/thegreatkhali/photos/100.jpg

:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

JH
06-14-2006, 03:17 PM
guys the first thing i said when the zombie started whatever the hell that noise was....i went hey it's the ultimate warrior
lol

Triple A
06-14-2006, 03:25 PM
Yeah he also reminded me of the Ultimate Warrior. :o

Shadow
06-14-2006, 03:44 PM
Dear gods...IT IS THE ULTIMITE WARRIOR!

James Steele
06-14-2006, 03:47 PM

*marks out*

Triple A in the wrestling forum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gertner
06-14-2006, 03:59 PM

did u get lost or something?

rob11
06-14-2006, 03:59 PM
I support The Zombie! He should go to Raw where he just randomly appears during matches(jobber matches) and during interviews in the back, and also locker rooms. Like have a wrestler opening up the door to his locker room and suddenly he appears and walks out saying, ughhhhhhhhh and maybe brains! Same during matches. Just have stumble around the ring and maybe even through the ring and then back out with the wrestlers giving a WTF look. Same with during interviews. Just have him go across the camera randomly.

TerranRich
06-14-2006, 04:22 PM
rob11: That's what the Boogeyman was before he actually started wrestling. I always thought they should've kept the Boogeyman that way. Like when John Cena was opening up random doors, there was Tomko giving Snitsky a backrub, then the Boogeyman. I loved it when he came out of nowhere.

That could be the Zombie's shtick now. Like you said, during a backstage promo or interview, just have him zombie-walk behind the people, way in the background. Don't even have the interviewees notice, just have it in the background. And like those bumper segments, just before a commercial break with the RAW theme playing, showing wrestlers getting ready, just have the Zombie repeatedly walking into a column or a wall or something randomly, waaaayy in the background.

Something like Shaun of the Dead. :lol:

rob11
06-14-2006, 04:33 PM
rob11: That's what the Boogeyman was before he actually started wrestling. I always thought they should've kept the Boogeyman that way. Like when John Cena was opening up random doors, there was Tomko giving Snitsky a backrub, then the Boogeyman. I loved it when he came out of nowhere.

That could be the Zombie's shtick now. Like you said, during a backstage promo or interview, just have him zombie-walk behind the people, way in the background. Don't even have the interviewees notice, just have it in the background. And like those bumper segments, just before a commercial break with the RAW theme playing, showing wrestlers getting ready, just have the Zombie repeatedly walking into a column or a wall or something randomly, waaaayy in the background.

YES!!! The Boogeyman was hilarious that way. He got over with the crowd doing that. Just have The Zombie do something similar. Maybe during one of those scenes where you see the wrestler warming up to fight, just have in the background The Zombie just walking around in circles or have him just keep walking into a wall like you said. Also, to combine with Corky's Sandman idea, maybe on ECW'S show, just have random monsters running around in the back with the Sandman chasing them.

BigDaddyCool
06-14-2006, 04:35 PM
The Zombie?!?! Isn't that just a rip off of the Undertaker? So WWE ir ripping off its own creations? Or is this just a way to placate Sci-Fi.

Kane Knight
06-14-2006, 04:48 PM
Undertaker's not a zombie. He's a Ghoul.

Hence you often see him eating the flesh of other WWE superstars.

TerranRich
06-14-2006, 04:56 PM
I thought Undertaker still worked at a funeral parlor, hence the name. :?:

Xero
06-14-2006, 05:49 PM
I thought Undertaker still worked at a funeral parlor, hence the name. :?:
Wasn't The Undertake a gravedigger in his original gimmick?

KayfabeMan
06-14-2006, 06:01 PM
Who played the Zombie gimmick??

Kane Knight
06-14-2006, 06:03 PM
Wasn't The Undertake a gravedigger in his original gimmick?

That would explain his symbol...Now it all makes sense.

Watson
06-14-2006, 09:21 PM
Who played the Zombie gimmick??

From Wrestlezone.com:

"- Last night the Sandman defeated a very odd character on ECW's Television debut. The wrestler he defeated, "The Zombie" is Tim Arson from Northeastern Independent Wrestling. The Zombie was trained by Johnny Rodz and has had several WWE tryouts. He has been making a lot of appearances for the World Wrestling Council in Puerto Rico. "

crash99
06-14-2006, 09:43 PM
Did anybody else like the dirt coming off of him, everytime Sandman hit him?
I thought it was a nice touch.

Aussie Skier
06-14-2006, 11:11 PM
rob11, that is BRILLIANT!!!

Like, during some boring match (or a match that means nothing) e.g, Charlie Haas VS Johnny Nitro, just have this zombie character walk down the asile, have Nitro and Haas get a :wtf: look on their faces, then just knock him out, and continue wrestling!
LOL, that is brilliant!!!

Corkscrewed
06-15-2006, 12:20 AM
I'm telling ya, it'd be the one redeeming quality of even the worst show. Just come up with new and creative ways for him to wander into things.

And yeah, I liked the dust. Definitely a nice detail.

Savio
06-15-2006, 02:14 AM
I thought Undertaker still worked at a funeral parlor, hence the name. :?:no he works at dennys now.

Simon Poole
06-15-2006, 08:55 AM
The Zombie rules!!! until Sandman caned his ass

TerranRich
06-15-2006, 10:13 AM
I'm telling ya, it'd be the one redeeming quality of even the worst show. Just come up with new and creative ways for him to wander into things.

And yeah, I liked the dust. Definitely a nice detail.
And eventually Eugene and the Zombie could pair up. Eugene could claim that he is now his friend. It would be gold, because Eugene doesn't have much of a brain for the Zombie to eat.

TerranRich
06-15-2006, 10:17 AM
LOL.

Eugene: You guys are...are...my FRIIIIEENDS!!
Hacksaw: USA! USA! USA!
Zombie: UUUUUUUUUUUUuuuuurrrrrrrrrrggggggghhhhhhhhh!!!!!

rob11
06-15-2006, 10:54 AM
LOL.

:lol:
Cue one of the Simpsons Halloween specials. The Zombie goes up to Hacksaw and Eugene and is saying, BRAINS! Then he starts feeling their heads, maybe knocks against them, and then just gets mad and yells, BRAINS! and walks away.

Corkscrewed
06-15-2006, 11:38 AM
:rofl:

Xero
06-15-2006, 11:39 AM
LOL.

Armando:UUUUUUMAAAAGGAAAAAA!

TerranRich
06-15-2006, 12:59 PM
Estrada: Perro, that's not all! Ha-ha! Allow me to introduce to jew...ha-ha...de UNDEAD... Sombie!! Ha-ha!
Hacksaw: HOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Man, it would be a fucking circus of a stable. :rofl:

Extreme Angle
06-15-2006, 04:32 PM
:lol: at this thread

Volchok
06-15-2006, 05:48 PM
I love TPWW :love:

starfox8500
06-15-2006, 07:42 PM

YES (btw: Shaun of the Dead is one of the greatest movies ever)

.44 Magdalene
06-15-2006, 07:45 PM
Man, the conversation I had with my friend Scott wasn't quite so jolly as this thread. :(

Scott: That guy sorta looks like Owen Hart.
Me:...What if it is?
Both of Us: ...

Kane Knight
06-15-2006, 08:07 PM
YES (btw: Shaun of the Dead is one of the greatest movies ever)

There's something about a zombie-killing scene played to "Don't Stop Me Now" That just gets me every time.

loopydate
06-15-2006, 09:03 PM
Most Extreme Player for 6/15
By Joey Styles
June 15, 2006

Effective with the world premiere of ECW (http://www.wwe.com/shows/ecw/) on Sci Fi, ECW.com has asked me to choose a weekly ECW MVP (Most Valuable Player) or, in my words, an ECW MEP (Most Extreme Player).

This week’s ECW M.E.P. is without question The Zombie. The Zombie’s riveting entrance, intensity and pre-match interview embodied everything I have come to expect from sports-entertainment.

The Zombie immediately made this lifelong wrestling fan conjure up images of such other sports-entertainment greats as Max Moon, The Goon and The Gobbledygooker.

Unfortunately, former 5-time ECW World Heavyweight Champion, The Sandman, did not find The Zombie nearly as entertaining as did I and summarily caned the undead sports-entertainer repeatedly before quickly pinning The Zombie after his signature White Russian Leg Sweep.

Runner-up honors go to new ECW “exhibitionist”, Kelly, who I deemed ineligible when she failed to unhook her bra.

http://www.wwe.com/shows/ecw/2921786/615most

loopydate
06-15-2006, 09:04 PM
Further proving my point: Germans love David Hasselhoff.

I mean...Joey Styles is the man.

rob11
06-15-2006, 09:55 PM
Camera shows 2 midcarders talking in the lockroom hallway.

Midcarder 1: Yeah, I have seen it all here. Male cheerleaders become Tag Champs, DX actually reforming, Foley and Edge actually getting along, I mean what next, Zombies suddenly wondering around?

*Zombie suddenly stumbles by
Zombie: uuuuurrrrrgggggghhhhhhh

Midcarder 1::wtf:
Midcarder 2: Ummm, what next, 5 hot naked chicks who want to have sex with me, then with each other:shifty:

rob11
06-15-2006, 10:49 PM
Ohh, and for anyone who missed it...
http://youtube.com/watch?v=8REGTBTY1Ko&search=ecw%20zombie

Skippord
06-15-2006, 11:21 PM
LOL.

*Zombie Randomly falls down*

Snitsky: IT WASNT MY FAULT