PDA

View Full Version : From reading PWInsider(ECW Related)

rob11
06-15-2006, 11:27 PM
According to their reports, pretty much everyone in the ECW locker room hated the debut as much as the ECW fans, and even Vince himself knew how bad it was. The reports say that he wants to make it better because he thinks viewers will tune in a 2nd time to give it one more chance. Also apparently Steph is still against the ECW idea but Vince and Shane are really supporting it. Also, SCI-FI people are still freaked out by the crowd chants and don't want them getting on air.

Sometimes I wonder if ECW should just go to a premium channel just to really turn them loose, but then again, what premium channel would actually take them. I know they had alot less restrictions on WGTW before it went uber religious.

Ben Rodrigues
06-15-2006, 11:29 PM
So is Vince going to let Heyman book it this time round without tweaks?

rob11
06-15-2006, 11:31 PM
So is Vince going to let Heyman book it this time round without tweaks?
Haven't seen anything about that but probably not. Last year at ONS, he let Heyman have total control which is why it was so great. This year at ONS, Vince had more control which is why it wasn't as great, but still decent.

Ben Rodrigues
06-15-2006, 11:32 PM
One can only hope.

Xero
06-15-2006, 11:35 PM
Haven't seen anything about that but probably not. Last year at ONS, he let Heyman have total control which is why it was so great. This year at ONS, Vince had more control which is why it wasn't as great, but still decent.
Actually, Heyman never had 100% control of anything in the WWE (aside OVW, whether you count that or not is another story). He always had to go through Vince who approved everything.

So while all/a lot of stuff at ONS1 was Heyman, it still went through Vince and probably a few tweaks from him.

Blitz
06-15-2006, 11:35 PM
On the plus side, there's really nowhere to go but up.

*knocks wood*

rob11
06-15-2006, 11:39 PM
Actually, Heyman never had 100% control of anything in the WWE (aside OVW, whether you count that or not is another story). He always had to go through Vince who approved everything.

So while all/a lot of stuff at ONS1 was Heyman, it still went through Vince and probably a few tweaks from him.
Apparently Vince just stood back(no PUN intended) and let Heyman control it. I mean yeah, Vince had to approve, but he didn't really get involved. Of course everyone thought that was going to be it for ECW.

Kane Knight
06-15-2006, 11:49 PM
On the plus side, there's really nowhere to go but up.

*knocks wood*

Don't say that. Now it's your fault if they suck worse next week.

rob11
06-15-2006, 11:50 PM
Knowing it has to go through WWE creative, it wouldn't be shocking.

Blitz
06-15-2006, 11:52 PM
That's why I knocked on wood. I am now absolved of all blame.

RP
06-15-2006, 11:55 PM
Turn what loose? Half the roster is either old or suck or both.

Pepsi Man
06-15-2006, 11:56 PM
I wouldn't mind tweaking. Tweaking is making minor changes. Tweaking is having a ten minute match go eight due to time constraints. Tweaking isn't what we saw on Tuesday night. Tuesday, we saw a WWE-produced AND WWE-written show.

rob11
06-16-2006, 12:00 AM
I wouldn't mind tweaking. Tweaking is making minor changes. Tweaking is having a ten minute match go eight due to time constraints. Tweaking isn't what we saw on Tuesday night. Tuesday, we saw a WWE-produced AND WWE-written show.
Agreed. I can imagine Strawhat Guy sitting watching it and just shaking his head. Well, I am curious how they do the 2 ECW Arena events becuase that will be held in front of the true ECW fans.

Ben Rodrigues
06-16-2006, 12:17 AM
Does anyone know who the guy with the glasses and blonde hair in the front row of ONS is? I swear that guy has been front row on so many PPVs.

D Mac
06-16-2006, 01:22 AM
It feels like Velocity or something taping it before Smackdown. The crowd needs to be all ECW.

Ben Rodrigues
06-16-2006, 01:27 AM
Yeah it does. I spent the entire show trying to locate the Smackdown! set.

Corkscrewed
06-16-2006, 01:36 AM
It doesn't seem like Vince himself is the one who waters things down. It's more of the writing team. Vince has shown he's willing to let Heyman exercise some liberal moves in the past, as evidenced by last year's ONS. But Tuesday's ECW seemed to have been revised by the writing team (it had all the usual nuances).

Hopefully, they do indeed cut loose(r) next week.

The One
06-16-2006, 01:38 AM
I would cream my pants if they somehow cut a deal to show ECW on HBO.

TerranRich
06-16-2006, 10:58 AM
I wouldn't. HBO costs money.

rob11
06-16-2006, 11:27 AM
I wouldn't. HBO costs money.
I would gladly pay it to see uncensored ECW.