PDA

View Full Version : Pretty Random Pointless Royal Rumble Elimination Question

Hired Hitman
02-05-2004, 07:58 AM
What if a person is thrown over the top rope, lands on his back, gets up on his hands and pushes himself back into the rumble, Would that be classed as an Elimination? His feet never touched the floor...

Pretty Random I know :D

Disturbed316
02-05-2004, 08:04 AM
dunno, although its pretty hard to fall on you back without your feet touching the floor

Razor Rybek
02-05-2004, 08:29 AM
We may well see it happen one year, you just never know.If someone landed on their side maybe,cos then only one foot will have touched the floor. Under the current rules, i guess that would count. How knows? :shifty:

Mikey
02-05-2004, 10:40 AM
*rant spoilers* If they dont show Smackdown here again expect a rant topic again tonight

Mikey
02-05-2004, 10:42 AM
oh crap wrong topic :$

AareDub
02-05-2004, 10:55 AM
I guess technically they wouldn't be eliminated, but I don't think we'll ever see it happen. Not because it isn't possible, though it would be hard to do without getting hurt. It's just not something that you would want to script. If somebody is going to reenter like that it is going to make them look like superman. If somebody with that kind of skill gets back in the match, they damn sure better win. The bookers just wouldn't be able to take the chance of throwing somebody out that was supposed to win, and just hoping he can land on his back without letting his feet touch.

Dazz
02-05-2004, 11:05 AM
Yeah I think that it is fine for them to do that, because they say that BOTH feet must touch the ground, so therefore if neither feet touch the ground, then your in the clear.

Also I really don't think that it is that hard to do, supposing someone is thrown over the top rope,but grabs the rope, keeps balance, and is in normal position outside of the ropes bus on the canvas, and he is drop kicked off, I don't think it would hurt much, and the wrestler could sell it, stay down for like 10 minutes, and then get back into the ring.

SuperSlim
02-05-2004, 03:38 PM
wait a minute if two feet have to touch the floor, then out of pure randomity- and not by any means tryin to make fun of him or anything- what if Zach Gowen were in it and he got eliminated? One foot?

Razor Rybek
02-05-2004, 04:14 PM
wait a minute if two feet have to touch the floor, then out of pure randomity- and not by any means tryin to make fun of him or anything- what if Zach Gowen were in it and he got eliminated? One foot?

:lol: thats cruel man, but :lol:

Cactus Sid
02-05-2004, 04:17 PM

You'd have to be the ultimate heel and shove his prosthetic leg on, then eliminate him

Kane Knight
02-05-2004, 04:21 PM

Three things they could do:

1) Address the issue, change the wording, etc.

2) Zach is invincinble in a Royal Rumble.

3) Ignore it, he gets eliminated as normal when his foot touches the floor...

Actually, I thought of a fourth. Make him wear his prosthetic.

Point's moot since Zach's gone now.

In theory, as per the original question, someone able to alnd on one foot or only use one foot to get back into the ring is still in the game. Similar tricks have been used in the past.

Rock Bottom
02-05-2004, 04:23 PM
Fink: "The only way a superstar can be eliminated, is if 100% of their numbers in feet touch the floor."

Funky Fly
02-05-2004, 05:38 PM
Actually, in an old Royal Rumble (it was either 92, 93 or 94) Jerry Lawler was thrown over the top, but landed on 1 foot. The ref let him hop on 1 foot back to the steps and then re-enter the Rumble. :D

Corkscrewed
02-05-2004, 05:48 PM
^ LOL!

As for Zach Gowen, the guy would have to take his prosthetic and throw it over the top as well after Zach.

Landing on your back without support from your legs would really hurt though. That's a big shock to the system.

Paranoid Rattlesnake
02-05-2004, 07:02 PM
Meh, you'd be too hurt to continue

Hired Hitman
02-06-2004, 11:42 AM
I meant like, the guy thrown over would hang on the ropes and slide down.

I didn't expect anyone to actually land SMACK, BANG on their back, that's insane :D

Lawler did a hopping thing? I have to try and get that :D

Kane Knight
02-06-2004, 12:04 PM
I meant like, the guy thrown over would hang on the ropes and slide down.

I didn't expect anyone to actually land SMACK, BANG on their back, that's insane :D

That f'ing hurts.

The Show Off
02-06-2004, 12:10 PM
One thing I always wanted to see was a person get thrown over the top rope, be caught by someone on the outside and then thrown back in the ring that's be cool. Or if like Eddie Guerrero drove his lowrider to the ring and he got thrown off on the lowrider and still wasn't considered eliminated.

thuganomicalcrippler
02-24-2004, 04:29 AM
I can picture the Rock doing that (hopping on one foot)

Shaggy
02-24-2004, 08:30 AM
It would be cool to see someone get knocked over the top rope but the way they land there feet is on the apron and there bands are on the ground. It might hurt alot but It would be cool to see.

I never thought of the whole Zach Gowen thing before. That would be pretty funny if they had him in one and there was no way for him to get eliminated so he won the whole thing. Wont happen but would have been funny.

ColdwaVer
02-25-2004, 12:14 AM
One thing I always wanted to see was a person get thrown over the top rope, be caught by someone on the outside and then thrown back in the ring that's be cool.

I wanna say I've seen that somewhere, but I can't remember who, when, or where. :-\

StrongMad
02-25-2004, 12:16 AM
It would be cool to see someone get knocked over the top rope but the way they land there feet is on the apron and there bands are on the ground. It might hurt alot but It would be cool to see.

I never thought of the whole Zach Gowen thing before. That would be pretty funny if they had him in one and there was no way for him to get eliminated so he won the whole thing. Wont happen but would have been funny.
:rofl: that would be great. ive often thought about people hopping around on one foot but.... :lol:

ColdwaVer
02-25-2004, 12:29 AM
:rofl: that would be great. ive often thought about people hopping around on one foot but.... :lol:

Lawler pulled that one off during a RR for the IC title back in the early nineties, he managed to keep one foot off the ground and hide it by leaning on the apron for several minutes. It ended when Bret Hart came down and stomped on his other foot. :rofl: