PDA

View Full Version : Click

Champion of Europa
06-23-2006, 03:14 AM
Wow, I was shocked about this movie. I went into it expecting it to be a bunch of shit, but I actually really enjoyed it. The comedy hit its mark most of the time, and then when the movie got heavy, it really moved you. I'm not ashamed to say I was tearing up near the end. It's like Bruce Almighty in that it has a lot of comedy in its first hour, and in the second half it goes serious. This ending works a lot better than Bruce Almighty in my opinion. I'm not sure why, it just feels much better to me.

Anyways, it was a pretty damn fine Sandler movie. Perhaps one of my favorites he has done.

Boondock Saint
06-23-2006, 03:55 AM
It looks ok I guess. Could be fun but I'm in no rush to see it. I thought Bruce Almighty was fairly average at best, so I dunno. It does have Christopher Walken however. And the hottest actress today, Kate Beckinsale.

DaveWadding
06-23-2006, 04:08 AM
I'd just like to use this post to remind everyone that ADAM SANDLER SUCKS.

Anybody Thrilla
06-24-2006, 02:58 PM
Click was TONS better than I expected. My only problem is the ending. If it would have ended where it looked like it was going to end (if you've seen it, you know how I mean), it would've had a much bigger impact, I think.

Silent
06-24-2006, 03:39 PM
I saw it yesterday, I thought it was really good. I thought of the Bruce Almighty comparison as well.

Mr. Nerfect
06-24-2006, 10:57 PM
I'd just like to use this post to remind everyone that ADAM SANDLER SUCKS.

Finally, something you've said which isn't moronic.

I still haven't see Punch-Drunk Love or Spanglish (the two Sandler films people seem to be able to put on a higher level than his idiot comedy films), but everytime he gets a movie to himself, I question why I am not a movie star. I show twice as much talent as he does in most of his movies.

Still, Sandler > Schneider, just because he isn't a douche in real life.

DaveWadding
06-25-2006, 02:05 PM
Finally, something you've said which isn't moronic.

I still haven't see Punch-Drunk Love or Spanglish (the two Sandler films people seem to be able to put on a higher level than his idiot comedy films), but everytime he gets a movie to himself, I question why I am not a movie star. I show twice as much talent as he does in most of his movies.

Still, Sandler > Schneider, just because he isn't a douche in real life.

They were terrible. Just like you.

Skippord
06-25-2006, 06:14 PM
I saw it Friday it was quite good

whitetigerlover
06-26-2006, 03:37 AM
<font color=9900cc>I saw it Friday out of bordom. I randonly go to theaters and watch whatever is playing next sometimes. It's a want to do something but have nothing to do type of thing.

Anyway, Click was worlds better than I thought it would be. The comedy was well placed and the seriousness was portrayed very well. Of course Christopher Walken is pure genious as always!!!

I truely enjoyed the movie, and would recommend seeing it.</font>

whitetigerlover
06-26-2006, 04:06 AM
Click was TONS better than I expected. My only problem is the ending. If it would have ended where it looked like it was going to end (if you've seen it, you know how I mean), it would've had a much bigger impact, I think.
<font color=9900cc>I don't think so. People don't want movies that are supposed to be comedies end like that. Besides the actual ending made it seem more like a change of life instead of an in the moment gesture. To me, that drove the point home much more clearly.</font>

Anybody Thrilla
06-26-2006, 12:51 PM
Yeah, I understand WHY they ended it like it did. Just from a personal standpoint, I've always wanted to see a movie that just ends with the main character getting fucked. There's this movie called Fall that actually has a sad ending, and it's the ONLY movie I've ever seen like that. I want to see more. But I know that's just me.

Xero
06-26-2006, 01:16 PM
The concept of the movie I like. The fact that Sandler's in it and that it's one of his comedies puts me way off. I'll probably Netflix it.

Fox
06-26-2006, 06:50 PM
Unless he lights a bag full of dog shit on fire on somebody's doorstep, fuck this movie and fuck Adam Sandler.

Blitz
06-27-2006, 11:24 PM
Saw it tonight. Wasn't a big fan. I would rather it have been a straight comedy or a straight drama, rather than half and half.

Plus, towards the end of the movie, I felt like screaming "WHY NOT JUST HIT THE FUCKING REWIND BUTTON?"

Champion of Europa
06-28-2006, 04:03 AM
The rewind button lets him watch himself in the past, not actually relive the past. Wasn't that made clear?

Anybody Thrilla
06-28-2006, 10:52 AM
Yeah Blitz, don't be a doo doo head.

Downunder
06-29-2006, 06:45 PM
I liked it WAY more than I thought I would.

Boondock Saint
10-10-2006, 12:04 AM
Just watched this last night. I liked it a lot better than I thought I would. Funny, with heart. I liked how O'Doyle was back.

Kate Beckinsale is smoking hottttt.

Boondock Saint
10-10-2006, 12:05 AM
Oh, and Kate Beckinsale is hot, BTW.

RoXer
10-10-2006, 12:15 AM
FYI, I'm apperntly talking to her 2nd cousin atm on AIM

Boondock Saint
10-10-2006, 12:35 AM
You sit on a throne of lies, RoXer.

Downunder
10-10-2006, 12:50 AM
FYI, I'm apperntly talking to her 2nd cousin atm on AIM

Gimmick infringement!!!!!!!

Disturbed316
10-10-2006, 04:25 PM
It was alright.

Anybody Thrilla
10-11-2006, 12:16 AM
The chick who was supposed to be his daughter in the future was hotter than Beckinsale.

Skippord
10-11-2006, 12:28 AM
Yeah she was fine

RoXer
10-11-2006, 12:28 AM
Nah really, I am (was). Depends if she was lieing or not.

FakeLaser
10-11-2006, 12:36 AM
I think everyone in the world's review of this movie is "Well, I thought it was going to be terrible, but it surprised me."

Good News Gertie
10-12-2006, 07:16 PM
The movie was SO lame. I thought it was supposed to be funny.

Champion of Europa
10-12-2006, 07:19 PM
The movie was SO lame. I thought it was supposed to be funny.

The quote above me is not pleasantly surprised by the movie's dramatic content.