PDA

View Full Version : NEW Futurama episodes. No, really. It's not just Billy West making stuff up this time

Mr. Monday Morning
06-23-2006, 06:39 AM
http://www.tvweek.com/news.cms?newsId=10248

Three years after Fox canceled the show, Matt Groening's "Futurama" will resume production for a 13-episode run on Comedy Central. The new episodes will be added to the network's library of 72 "Futurama" episodes previously licensed from 20th Century Fox Television. Voice talent Billy West, Katey Sagal and John DiMaggio will return for the new episodes, which will debut in 2008.

"There is a deep and passionate fan base for this intelligent and very funny show that matches perfectly with our audience and it is great that we can offer them not just the existing library, but something they've never seen as well," said David Bernath, senior VP, programming, Comedy Central.

"Futurama" marks the third Fox project revived by basic cable in recent years. New episodes of "Greg the Bunny" are being ordered by IFC, and Fox resurrected "Family Guy" after the series found success on Cartoon Network's Adult Swim.

-------

Huzzah :cool: Although...2008? :wtf: :(

Mike the Metal Ed
06-23-2006, 06:41 AM
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Boondock Saint
06-23-2006, 06:54 AM
:love: GOOD NEWS EVERYONE

Impact!
06-23-2006, 07:36 AM
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Dave Youell
06-23-2006, 07:50 AM
What's going on in my pants? Ah yes a hard on for this news! :)

Skippord
06-23-2006, 08:04 AM
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

ct2k
06-23-2006, 08:10 AM
:-O

weather vane
06-23-2006, 08:17 AM
THAT IS AWESOME. I used to hate Futurama but I have grown to love it recently.

Stickman
06-23-2006, 03:20 PM
I never got into Futurama. I tried, at first it was pretty good, but then I guess a couple weeks for not so funny episodes and I never tuned back in.

Hired Hitman
06-23-2006, 03:44 PM
I'm the opposite of Stickman, I didn't like it, then it grew on me and it's my favourite cartoon.

diothoir
06-23-2006, 04:08 PM
I'm the opposite of Stickman, I didn't like it, then it grew on me and it's my favourite cartoon.

Same here.

Excuse me a mo...

OMG YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Blitz
06-23-2006, 04:37 PM
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

road doggy dogg
06-23-2006, 05:16 PM
Impeccable timing with the announcement, as I've just bought all 4 volumes on DVD roughly a week ago. I love Futurama so much, I don't know if I can wait until 2008.

Disturbed316
06-23-2006, 07:19 PM
http://img105.imageshack.us/img105/1913/zoidberg038zv.jpg

I'm so happy

Tornado
06-26-2006, 08:46 AM
2008 is too far away, we want it now!

Impeccable
06-26-2006, 11:58 AM
I too wasn't fussed about it, but as I've grown older and watched episodes, I realise how smart it actually is.

Still, Family Guy takes some beating.

Mikey
07-03-2006, 01:49 AM
Futurama: Love it or shove it!

Triple A
07-03-2006, 02:40 AM
Funniest cartoon ever.

owenbrown
07-03-2006, 04:11 AM
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Buzzkill
07-08-2006, 11:54 PM
Hopefully they do a better job getting the gears turning again than Family Guy

Innovator
07-09-2006, 12:08 AM
B-E-N-D-E-R BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENDER

korinkahn
07-09-2006, 10:57 AM
Futurama was pretty weak overall

Impact!
07-09-2006, 12:12 PM
how so

korinkahn
07-09-2006, 12:43 PM
how so

Character and story wise- bender was good -but overall I never got vested in what was happening to them, I never really cared. It was very gimmicky- there was no cohersion. I did not like Fry or any other main characters but bender ( in short burst) plus- I am comparing it to the Simpsons and Family Guy. I feel Family Guy is much better quailty then the simpson of late and American Dad is disgraceful to the genre itself. I think that regardless of the media (animation)- the viewer has to relate, is not that why Fry was from our time? Aren't we supposed to be exploring and discoving with him, i.e some ascept of ourselfs, this new world. If you hinge an entire series on an unlikeable character and bank on him to move every plot line you by default lose the viewers who do not like them. I am not like Fry so I did not care for him but I am not like Homer and Peter but I enjoy their characters- I could have liked Futurama more with some changes. Moverover the Simpsons, FG, even the Critic have a richer deeper cast of characters of interest which draw you to see what they are doing. Futurama was a one trick pony....Bender

Kris P Lettus
07-09-2006, 01:45 PM
Funniest cartoon ever.

Not even close..

korinkahn
07-09-2006, 02:30 PM
Not even close..

100%:y:

Kris P Lettus
07-09-2006, 02:35 PM
Beavis and Butthead
Ren and Stimpy
Simpsons
The Tick
Aqua Teen Hunger Force
Family Guy
Duckman

Etc etc etc

Extreme Angle
07-09-2006, 03:21 PM
lol favourite episode got to be when fry gets worms :)
Zoidberg: Yipee kai ay! Guess where i've been!

omg can't wait :)
2008 thou :(

road doggy dogg
07-09-2006, 05:00 PM
Character and story wise- bender was good -but overall I never got vested in what was happening to them, I never really cared. It was very gimmicky- there was no cohersion. I did not like Fry or any other main characters but bender ( in short burst) plus- I am comparing it to the Simpsons and Family Guy. I feel Family Guy is much better quailty then the simpson of late and American Dad is disgraceful to the genre itself. I think that regardless of the media (animation)- the viewer has to relate, is not that why Fry was from our time? Aren't we supposed to be exploring and discoving with him, i.e some ascept of ourselfs, this new world. If you hinge an entire series on an unlikeable character and bank on him to move every plot line you by default lose the viewers who do not like them. I am not like Fry so I did not care for him but I am not like Homer and Peter but I enjoy their characters- I could have liked Futurama more with some changes. Moverover the Simpsons, FG, even the Critic have a richer deeper cast of characters of interest which draw you to see what they are doing. Futurama was a one trick pony....Bender

I stopped reading after like the second sentence. You say Futurama is weak because it you can't relate to the characters... then you say FAMILY GUY of all shows is better? Please, you are fucking awful. Go get AIDS.

korinkahn
07-09-2006, 07:38 PM
I stopped reading after like the second sentence. You say Futurama is weak because it you can't relate to the characters... then you say FAMILY GUY of all shows is better? Please, you are fucking awful. Go get AIDS.

If you think Futurama is better than family guy than u are the crazy one. you need AID. When is the Chicken going to attack Peter again?

road doggy dogg
07-10-2006, 12:16 AM
I didn't say Futurama was better than Family Guy (although it by far certainly is; I didn't say that in my other post though), I was saying that you calling Family Guy better because of its character development is retarded because Futurama's characters have way more depth than Family Guy's.

The entire FG family is just there as props for jokes, there's like no reason at all to care if Meg or Chris will even appear in the next episode whatsoever. That's kind of true with say, Hermes and Amy too, but when they're on they at least have a personality. They're not simply there to be the butt of some joke showing how stupid they are. Zoidberg is though. But he is sexilicious so it's okay.

Kane Knight
07-10-2006, 12:23 AM
Yeah, Family Guy is essentially sketch comedy done with a very loose sense of plot and development.

Regardless of which is better, Futurama wins on character development in a no-show.

korinkahn
07-10-2006, 05:20 AM
Yeah, Family Guy is essentially sketch comedy done with a very loose sense of plot and development.

Regardless of which is better, Futurama wins on character development in a no-show.

I disagree but I will fight to the death to defend your right to say such garbage.

Kane Knight
07-10-2006, 09:25 AM
Please do. Enlist. Die. Make America a better place in your absence.

AareDub
07-10-2006, 10:42 AM
I disagree but I will fight to the death to defend your right to say such garbage.

"I don't condone what Dr. Zoidberg did, but I'll fight tooth and nail for his freedom to do it. That is, if I hadn't lost my teeth and nails on Mars and Saturn respectively."

Old Man Waterfall - Futruama

Kane Knight
07-10-2006, 11:18 AM
Yeah, but they said the same thing on Family Guy OMG IT WAS FUNNIER

Kalyx triaD
07-10-2006, 04:17 PM
Family Guy makes me laugh. But it is in no way more intelligent than Futurama. Or Simpsons for that matter. Or South Park, who rightfully handed their ass to them with real plot-driven jokes. Family Guy's like the Wayans Brothers, they can be funny, but let's not compare them to real comedians.

Kane Knight
07-11-2006, 02:53 PM
Family Guy makes me laugh. But it is in no way more intelligent than Futurama. Or Simpsons for that matter. Or South Park, who rightfully handed their ass to them with real plot-driven jokes. Family Guy's like the Wayans Brothers, they can be funny, but let's not compare them to real comedians.

I wouldn't go that far.

Family Guy isn't as cohesive as other shows, but it's great bit-comedy. Most of the time. Though the jokes aren't necessarily intelligent, just nerdier.

The Wayans (Barring Keenan and Damon) are bad comedians who occasionaly get some yucks.

Fox
07-11-2006, 03:19 PM

Family Guy is a 30 minute cartoon that keeps me laughing for 25 of those minutes. I really can't say that for Simpsons, South Park, or even Futurama. If I want to sit down and watch a series with characters I truly love, those 3 aforementioned shows are just fine. But for a good laugh, Family Guy is where it's at.

Disturbed316
07-11-2006, 04:26 PM
Family Guy was ok but when they bought it back after it was canned, and constantly used the flash back gag, it just wasnt that funny any more.

Tornado
07-11-2006, 05:18 PM
Futurama is more plot driven and each character has a story behind them that is constantly brought throughout the seasons.

Seasons 1-3 of Family Guy utterly hilarious, but has almost zero character development.

Season 4/5 of Family Guy is pretty funny, but has degenerated into an animated sketch show on the back of Stewie's popularity.

Kane Knight
07-11-2006, 10:20 PM
Family Guy is a 30 minute cartoon that keeps me laughing for 25 of those minutes. I really can't say that for Simpsons, South Park, or even Futurama. If I want to sit down and watch a series with characters I truly love, those 3 aforementioned shows are just fine. But for a good laugh, Family Guy is where it's at.

Are the 5 minutes the comercials, or what? :?

Skippord
07-12-2006, 05:05 AM
I love Family guy but Futurama is better.

MVP
07-14-2006, 05:50 PM
Holy shit I can't believe I missed this thread. :love:

2008 is a long wait though