PDA

View Full Version : hey, let me know when wrestling gets to be worth watching again.

KillerWolf
06-23-2006, 07:52 AM
some of you may or may not have noticed that i dont post here on the wrestling forum much anymore. i hang out more in the movies/tv forum now. why? because i still have an interest in movies, and to a lesser extent, television. on the other hand i have vertually no interest in wrestling anymore. i still have some idea what is going on, because i generally catch about 5-10 minutes of RAW when it's on, and 10-20 minutes of Smackdown!

so this is what how it seems to me: RAW: Triple H face-turn, which i cannot understand why the humanoids are eating up. and a pretty lame DX re-union that is two members deep. i saw the incident with the green slime and Spirit Squad. terrible. speaking of the Spirit Squad, wow! talk about over-exposure. it seems to me like they have been in the RAW main event in some capacity every week for a long time. this is a mis-use of talent, because there are more talented and deserving wrestlers that should be given the opportunity. plus, top babyface vs. a bunch of quasi-homosexual male cheerleaders week in and week out is a pretty lame angle anyways. and lastly, the womens' division is still terrible and completely unwatchable.

Smackdown!: seems like the roster is getting smaller. last time i watched, i think Mark Henry was the most interesting character. unfortunately, it seems as though Finlay now keeps some kind of a midget or leperchan under the ring. :wtf: and it dont seem like Rey is working out well as Heavyweight Champion, except, of course, among Latino fans. oh, yeah, and i guess the RAW champion is in ECW or... fuck it.

someone made a thread a few months ago about the UFC and MMA being the real competition for WWE, not TNA. in my case, he couldnt have been more right. UFC programming is now what i watch on a weekly basis. i'm even going to buy the next UFC ppv. i would never ever buy a WWEEEEE ppv.

Volare
06-23-2006, 07:57 AM
well hell UFC is bas ass

OverTaker
06-23-2006, 09:02 AM
I've been watching Hells Kitchen and switching to Raw on the commercials. Hells Kitchen is fucking hillarious. Just watching Chef Ramsey get pissed is enough to get me laughin.

TerranRich
06-23-2006, 09:56 AM
Congratulations, you are member # 473 to proclaim he doesn't watch wrestling anymore.

KillerWolf
06-23-2006, 10:10 AM
^ okay. can you tell me what it is that is going on in wrestling that keeps you watching every week?

TerranRich
06-23-2006, 10:13 AM
Honestly? I'm one of those fans that have been watching for nearly two decades that is so loyal he won't NOT watch it.

Also, the two times I stopped watching wrestling, I missed quite a bit. So I just don't tune out, ever. I find the new DX to be entertaining, the Spirit Squad are great heels. Sure, they're annoying but it's part of their character(s). I never saw the original ECW, but I did witness the botched InVasion of the "alliance" and I'm tuning in to ECW in the hopes it will slowly get better.

I'm an optimist. I'm always hoping it will get better eventually. Who knows, I may soon realize that it's crap too.

mike627
06-23-2006, 10:17 AM
some of you may or may not have noticed that i dont post here on the wrestling forum much anymore. i hang out more in the movies/tv forum now. why? because i still have an interest in movies, and to a lesser extent, television. on the other hand i have vertually no interest in wrestling anymore. i still have some idea what is going on, because i generally catch about 5-10 minutes of RAW when it's on, and 10-20 minutes of Smackdown!

so this is what how it seems to me: RAW: Triple H face-turn, which i cannot understand why the humanoids are eating up. and a pretty lame DX re-union that is two members deep. i saw the incident with the green slime and Spirit Squad. terrible. speaking of the Spirit Squad, wow! talk about over-exposure. it seems to me like they have been in the RAW main event in some capacity every week for a long time. this is a mis-use of talent, because there are more talented and deserving wrestlers that should be given the opportunity. plus, top babyface vs. a bunch of quasi-homosexual male cheerleaders week in and week out is a pretty lame angle anyways. and lastly, the womens' division is still terrible and completely unwatchable.

Smackdown!: seems like the roster is getting smaller. last time i watched, i think Mark Henry was the most interesting character. unfortunately, it seems as though Finlay now keeps some kind of a midget or leperchan under the ring. :wtf: and it dont seem like Rey is working out well as Heavyweight Champion, except, of course, among Latino fans. oh, yeah, and i guess the RAW champion is in ECW or... fuck it.

someone made a thread a few months ago about the UFC and MMA being the real competition for WWE, not TNA. in my case, he couldnt have been more right. UFC programming is now what i watch on a weekly basis. i'm even going to buy the next UFC ppv. i would never ever buy a WWEEEEE ppv. Who are you again?:?:

Gary Lauderdale
06-23-2006, 10:20 AM
Like your comments :D

Real reason I stopped watching wrestlin is I grew tired v quickley of the "namby pamby" stuff where they were on the Mike every 5 mins, "oh you screwed me" and this, that & t'other! Also the matches weren't any good anymore. Wrestling is an art and is something I have seen in abundance at both ECW PPV's entitled "one night stand"

The 2005 show I rate as being 12/10!
This year's show I rate at 8/10 :-\
WASN'T as good as last year...One or two more excellent matches may have swayed it for me..alot of the matches were boring and didn't involve weapons!

V
06-23-2006, 10:21 AM
Who are you again?:?:
You're one to talk, "mike627"

mike627
06-23-2006, 10:33 AM
You're one to talk, "mike627" Hey Gohan3k:wave: I just made that answer since this is TPWW and someone is gonna make a smart-ass remark like that anyways.

V
06-23-2006, 10:35 AM
well then you should have expected the same type of response to your post

KillerWolf
06-23-2006, 10:42 AM
Who are you again?:?:

umm...yeeeaaahh.

Kane Knight
06-23-2006, 11:21 AM
Honestly? I'm one of those fans that have been watching for nearly two decades that is so loyal he won't NOT watch it.

That is not a thing to be saying out loud.

KillerWolf
06-25-2006, 09:17 AM

Also, the two times I stopped watching wrestling, I missed quite a bit. So I just don't tune out, ever. I find the new DX to be entertaining, the Spirit Squad are great heels. Sure, they're annoying but it's part of their character(s). I never saw the original ECW, but I did witness the botched InVasion of the "alliance" and I'm tuning in to ECW in the hopes it will slowly get better.

I'm an optimist. I'm always hoping it will get better eventually. Who knows, I may soon realize that it's crap too.

i watched for years and years hoping that it would get better. it's only gotten worse. it's gotten to the point where i feel as though Vince McMahon actually has contempt for his true fans. and it seems like every talented up and comer is released, or buried, or mis-used: Christian, Jericho, Shelton Benjamin, Kane, the entire womens division.

moreover - i just couldn't continue to sacrafice my time for something that was a consistant disapointment. my wife would be like, "lets take [our son] for a walk", and i would say "no" because it was Monday night. not feeling compelled to watch WWE programming has been like having a burden lifted. everyone who really feels like they are watching wrestling out of habbit, and aren't getting any pleasure out of it (or less pleasure than grief ) should give not tuning in a try.

BMX
06-25-2006, 01:51 PM
i stopped watching it after the GoddFather left and started back lil while b4 christmas i missed alot

Londoner
06-25-2006, 03:55 PM
I can barely watch Raw or Smackdown all the way through like I used to, there's always some meaningless crap put on every show, like squash matches for example. Umaga and Kennedy and both doing those at the moment, and before them Lashley went on for months without any proper storylines. It's just typical of how poor the 'creative' team is to have to resort to those kind of matches to build up superstars, Smackdown is however the more entertaining show if you give it a chance, amazingly Mark Henry is entertaining, only problem is he is too slow and makes it look too much like he wants his opponent to get back in the match.

PPVs are good though nowhere near as good as they used to be I still enjoy them. (the ones that are free here in the UK) I'm not sure what keeps me watching though, i've come close to the point of quitting the habit completely. It's just we get so many damn highlight shows and replays its hard not to miss it when nothing else is on and you're bored.

But for ffs man, start your sentences with a capital letter!!(had to make some sort of smart arse comment :))

korinkahn
06-25-2006, 04:04 PM
I can hear "The Miz" when I close my eyes....Smackdown is bad, Raw ok, ECW bad..Pay Per View events are always wonderful

James Steele
06-25-2006, 05:40 PM
I still enjoy it, so I watch it. I haven't watched Smackdown! in months because I don't enjoy it. RAW keeps me entertained so I watch it.