PDA

View Full Version : Chris Jericho to host the eBaum's World show?

TerranRich
06-23-2006, 10:15 AM
I never heard anything about this until now...

Q. Is Chris Jericho REALLY co-hosting the pilot??
A. Yes, Chris Jericho, former WWF/WWE heavyweight wrestling champion of the world, and Martin Sargent from Tech TV (now G4), were chosen to co-host the pilot. And we can tell you first hand that they do an awesome job!
Source: http://www.ebaumsworld.com/ebaumtv-news.html

From the rest of it, it sounds pretty damn good. But yeah, at least we get our Jericho fix. :yes:

V
06-23-2006, 10:21 AM
please tell me this is a joke

i hate eBaum's..

TerranRich
06-23-2006, 10:30 AM
I keep hearing people say that. Why, exactly?

DS
06-23-2006, 10:35 AM
He made a living off stealing other people's material. Like it doesn't happen all the time.

Kane Knight
06-23-2006, 10:53 AM
He made a living off stealing other people's material. Like it doesn't happen all the time.

Hell, Stephen King does it, and he's considered a genius. Kurt Cobain did it, he's worshipped as a God. Jesus Christ did it (First man-God born of a virgin my ASS!), and he's considered a saviour.

TerranRich
06-23-2006, 10:59 AM
LOL, who the fuck gets mad at somebody for stealing material from people? I don't give a shit how Eric Bauman got his material, I still love the site.

Corkscrewed
06-23-2006, 11:40 AM
Well, it's more like plagiarism than anything. He takes videos posted on other websites and posts it as though he was the first to do so.

If we get pissed when people don't list sources when they post wrestling news, I don't see why we should be all fine and dandy with this.

Anyway, I don't exactly hate him (since that's sort of silly to hate some guy you've never met), but he's definitely not the most ethical guy around.

Plus I associate ebaum's with a lot of childish crap. *shrug*

V
06-23-2006, 11:54 AM
he steals things people post on forums, takes gifs made by YTMND users and puts it up as his own, puts watermarks on shit that isn't his and if you request shit you made yourself to be taken down he wont (usually) do it.

He even tried to sue Max (creator of ytmnd.com) because some people from his website posted that they would kill eBaum on his forums. (Since they were being serious and he was legitimately worried :roll: ) I'm sure he's tried to sue other people for no reason as well.

I mean I'm fine with stealing content, everyone does it, but he takes stuff people worked on forums and ytmnd which was just meant to be seen by users of the forum/ytmnd to promote that website. He's rich as fuck because of it too, almost everything on his website has been stolen.

TerranRich
06-23-2006, 12:15 PM
He gets away with it because nobody bothers to copyright stuff. I can see all your points, but I don't care about the guy or what he does. His site entertains me. And I'm definitely not above childish crap. :p

V
06-23-2006, 12:26 PM
well I don't feel comfortable going to his website because (even though it's not much from just 1 user) I don't want to add to his paycheck

Xero
06-23-2006, 12:35 PM
He gets away with it because nobody bothers to copyright stuff. I can see all your points, but I don't care about the guy or what he does. His site entertains me. And I'm definitely not above childish crap. :p
Says the guy who runs a music download site.

Kane Knight
06-23-2006, 12:55 PM
Well, it's more like plagiarism than anything. He takes videos posted on other websites and posts it as though he was the first to do so.

If we get pissed when people don't list sources when they post wrestling news, I don't see why we should be all fine and dandy with this.

Anyway, I don't exactly hate him (since that's sort of silly to hate some guy you've never met), but he's definitely not the most ethical guy around.

Plus I associate ebaum's with a lot of childish crap. *shrug*

The main reason I care about sources in wrestling news is the sheer amount of crap that is posted unsourced which is from some bullshit rag. Since eBaums posts stuff as-is, I can't really say I care if it's nicked (Most wrestling news is nicked from Melzter anyway, 99% of the time without credit).

Kane Knight
06-23-2006, 12:56 PM

Actually, there's implied copyright on any such material,. it's just that nobody ever bothers to challenge. Hell, he posts copyrighted material on his site sometimes, so I have a hard time agreeing anyway.

TerranRich
06-23-2006, 01:02 PM
Says the guy who runs a music download site.
I get away with it because they haven't caught me yet. :shifty: