PDA

View Full Version : Mark Caponi (Hassan) Rumor

Savio
06-23-2006, 04:08 PM
It has been rumored all over the internet that Muhammad Hassan (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muhammad_Hassan) will make his WWE (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WWE) return in Summer 2006 (http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Summer_2006&action=edit) because his career in acting fell through. The WWE (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WWE) said that they have open gates for the superstar so he can return. It should be noted that when Muhammad Hassan (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muhammad_Hassan) returns, he will not be Muhammad Hassan (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muhammad_Hassan), he will be another character not the arab american one that he had formerly played before he left for acting. Mark will most likely be on Smackdown (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smackdown) where he was when he decided to part ways from the WWE (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WWE).Yeah I know news from Wiki is about as credible as the Ruse Report but IF he does come back as another character Do you think he can pull it off?

Anybody Thrilla
06-23-2006, 05:09 PM
I wish they would just let him be Hassan, damn it. It was a phenomonal character. Maybe he could play a different character, but I'd probably get sad that he wasn't Hassan every time I saw him.

Xero
06-23-2006, 05:17 PM
Bring him in as Hassan to ECW and have him feud with Sabu. Fonzie, if he's still around, is doing a Sabu promo, and out of nowhere....

ALLYALALAYALLAYYAAAAAA!!!!!!!

diothoir
06-23-2006, 05:20 PM
Didn't they want to use him under a mask after the UPN thing? In that case, yeah he could.

I'd still rather see him as Muhammad Hasssan though, just put him back on Raw. :mad:

Xero
06-23-2006, 05:20 PM
LOL, who wants to bet they'll put him in the FBI?

Anybody Thrilla
06-23-2006, 05:21 PM
Even if he wore a mask, he's got that tattoo, ya know?

diothoir
06-23-2006, 05:24 PM
Just put him in a La Parka bodysuit thing then.

Then have him dominate the cruiserweight division. Or Have a La Parka vs La Parka match. :cool:

Anybody Thrilla
06-23-2006, 05:25 PM
Two La Parkas beats the hell out of two Kanes. :y:

diothoir
06-23-2006, 05:30 PM
Easier to make up a convincing suit too. None of this wig malarky.

TerranRich
06-23-2006, 05:34 PM
I want Hassan. But if his potential new character (if this news bit is for real) is as good as the Hassan character, then why not?

Oh, and who DIDN'T think his acting career would fall through?

TerranRich
06-23-2006, 05:36 PM
I want Hassan. But if his potential new character (if this news bit is for real) is as good as the Hassan character, then why not?

Oh, and who DIDN'T think his acting career would fall through?

LK
06-23-2006, 06:58 PM
Of course he could. Not sure how he would be welcomed back (if he were to return) but I have no doubts that he could. Great talent - if he returned as Hassan, it would be the greatest mark out moment ever.

Disturbed316
06-23-2006, 07:13 PM
I would mark out seriously if the Hassan character returned, but I'm not sure if he could actually pull anything else off.

Kane Knight
06-23-2006, 07:22 PM
Who here doesn't think the Ruse Report is reliable? :mad:

BlackDawn2024
06-23-2006, 07:25 PM
Who here doesn't think the Ruse Report is reliable? :mad:

:shifty:

ClockShot
06-23-2006, 07:54 PM
"The WWE said that they have open gates for the superstar so he can return."

So I'm guessing Vince is turning the company into some type of an amusement park instead of sports entertainment. But it's been that way for a while now hasn't it?

Blitz
06-23-2006, 07:57 PM
I'd trust the Ruse Report before I'd trust Wikipedia.

Kane Knight
06-23-2006, 07:58 PM
"The WWE said that they have open gates for the superstar so he can return."

So I'm guessing Vince is turning the company into some type of an amusement park instead of sports entertainment. But it's been that way for a while now hasn't it?

Yeah, everyone gets to return. But in Hassan's case, at least he didn't burn bridges. I mean, some of the people they hire back make no sense.

Mr. Nerfect
06-23-2006, 11:49 PM
I hope he does return. Why not at The Great American Bash? The Undertaker finally has Khali down and out. AYEYEELAYEYAAYAYEYAYA! Muhammad Hassan comes out, one year after being given the Last Ride off the 2005 Great American Bash set, Hassan beats the crap out of The Undertaker.

Then have him appear on RAW as Muhammad Hassan. :y:

Xero
06-24-2006, 12:08 AM
Actually him joining a stable with Khali would be interesting if they could get him on SD in the Hassan character.

Though, it's on Wikipedia and I have not heard ANYTHING on his return on any other site.

owenbrown
06-24-2006, 12:15 AM
Even if he wore a mask, he's got that tattoo, ya know?

Remember we are all dumb wrestling fans to the WWE, so we wouldn't be able to put 2 + 2 together. :shifty:

Xero
06-24-2006, 12:19 AM
Hey, isn't there a wrestler who used to be a dentist? He's a psycho or a chef or something now...

Pinnacle Charisma
06-24-2006, 12:24 AM
I thought that Caponi burnt his bridges with the wwe badily

Savio
06-24-2006, 12:27 AM
Dunno OWW says he did but I haven't read it anywhere else.

darkpower
06-24-2006, 04:33 AM
Alienoid's idea wo8uld actually be worth trying because of another element: Davari. Wasn't Davari the manager of Hassan, and now Davari is Khali's manager, it may make sense for Hassn to team up once more with Davari and help Khali (plus, it WAS Taker that "killed" him).

And it WAS at the Bash that Hassan was "killed". Maybe him come up from the grave or something.

NeanderCarl
06-24-2006, 09:38 AM
Why the love on these boards for Hassan? He is one of the lamest wrestlers to come through the WWE in years. His character was interesting but his wrestling skills were subpar. With the censorship of his gimmick anyway, I have no desire to ever see him back.

Mr. Nerfect
06-24-2006, 10:05 AM
Why the love on these boards for Hassan? He is one of the lamest wrestlers to come through the WWE in years. His character was interesting but his wrestling skills were subpar. With the censorship of his gimmick anyway, I have no desire to ever see him back.

Supposedly (and I know it's wrong to use hearsay statements like these as evidence) when Hassan was in OVW under the name "Mark Magnus" he showed A LOT of talent. His finishing move, "The Finishing Touch", got a lot of attention as well.

If the WWE brought Hassan back, I would hope to see him work with guys like Shelton Benjamin, Charlie Haas, Rey Mysterio, etc. Guys who can carry a beat in the ring. I would also hope to see him use The Finishing Touch, as well as something else innovative.

Kane Knight
06-24-2006, 10:05 AM
I thought that Caponi burnt his bridges with the wwe badily

That was Kane, actually. See, walking out of WWE corporate, Muhammed Hassan mentioned May 19th....

The Naitch
06-24-2006, 01:40 PM
for the fans of Hassan

his last promo

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/SG6wEMoc56o"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/SG6wEMoc56o" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

The Naitch
06-24-2006, 01:43 PM
I'd like to see a Hassan, Khali, Daivari stable

Skippord
06-24-2006, 10:42 PM
Ruse Report > Meltzer

parkmania
06-24-2006, 11:03 PM
Just wondering here...

Very soon there will be no more UPN. Who's to say that the people of the CW would react as badly to the character?

And, yes, I know that SOME of the same people will be there, but there will be some new faces as well, I'm sure.

Team Sheep
06-25-2006, 08:24 AM
I don't see why they don't just put him back on Raw. I thought it was only UPN that had a problem with his character. Even Spike were fine with it, and now Raw's on USA surely it would be alright. I remember sitting my hotel room in NYC and I was watching CNN, and the news ticker read: "World Wrestling Entertainment have agreed to remove their arab-american character Muhammad Hassan from their programming, after a controversial scene on an episode of Smackdown, on July 7th the same day as the London bombings." That was hard to read. :'(

Kane Knight
06-25-2006, 09:31 AM
How exactly do we know spike was fine with it?

Team Sheep
06-25-2006, 09:41 AM
Well Spike didn't force WWE to take him off the air for starters.

Jaton
06-25-2006, 12:30 PM
<dave chapelle/samuel="" l="" jackson="" voice=""> THAT'S A GOOD ONE :rant:</dave>

Kane Knight
06-25-2006, 12:56 PM

Spike wasn't in that position.

The Naitch
06-25-2006, 03:40 PM
it was funny how they did the 'Undertaker assault' promo (taped on Tuesday) and the London Bombing didnt it happen after like on Wednesday. Then they aired SD! on Thursday which obviosuly makes the situation look worse

The Naitch
06-25-2006, 03:42 PM
oh shit, I voted no thinking that it said "Should Caponi be another charaTCER"

I do think he could pull off another character, but it ain't gonna be the same as when he was Hassan. I prefer the Hassan character

Team Sheep
06-25-2006, 03:57 PM
Spike wasn't in that position.

UPN were?

NeanderCarl
06-25-2006, 10:43 PM
Anyway, isn't it actually "Copani"?, not "Caponi", as everyone's been calling him?

Xero
06-25-2006, 10:47 PM
Let's not break balls here. At least we're not calling him Mark Mangus anymore.

NeanderCarl
06-25-2006, 11:05 PM

Magnus.

;)

Dorkchop
06-25-2006, 11:20 PM
Instead of making him a terroist perhaps he could be like an evil dictator. he could have broze statues of himself.

Kane Knight
06-25-2006, 11:35 PM
it was funny how they did the 'Undertaker assault' promo (taped on Tuesday) and the London Bombing didnt it happen after like on Wednesday. Then they aired SD! on Thursday which obviosuly makes the situation look worse

It aired the day of the bombing.

Kane Knight
06-25-2006, 11:46 PM
UPN were?

Are you trying to be retarded, or is your logic really this convoluted?

UPN were the network upon which Smackdown, the show in question, aired. Since they are in the position to remove or alter the programming, they were the ones capable of pressuring Hassan off TV. I don't even know where Spike comes in on this, as they didn't air the programming that was catching flak and did not have to deal with this at all. You might as well be talking about PBS as Spike.

In other words, of course Spike didn't force Hassan off the air. It would have never been their call. Hassan was pulled at the request of UPN, and his next segment was put on WWE.com as a result.

Spike never commented. Spike didn't have to. There is no reason to presume Spike was fine with it, because they never came into the equation, in either case.

Kane Knight
06-25-2006, 11:51 PM
UPN were?

UPN were the network upon which Smackdown, the show in question, aired. Since they are in the position to remove or alter the programming, they were the ones capable of pressuring Hassan off TV. I don't even know where Spike comes in on this, as they didn't air the programming that was catching flak and did not have to deal with this at all. You might as well be talking about PBS as Spike.

In other words, of course Spike didn't force Hassan off the air. It would have never been their call. Hassan was pulled at the request of UPN, and his next segment was put on WWE.com as a result.

Spike never commented. Spike didn't have to. There is no reason to presume Spike was fine with it, because they never came into the equation, in either case.

Savio
06-26-2006, 03:06 AM
Spike said: "Ewwww sand people"

Team Sheep
06-26-2006, 05:22 PM

You dumbass, I'm talking about when Hassan was on Raw, Spike never expressed any concern over his character during his time on their network.

Jesus Christ.

Xero
06-26-2006, 05:25 PM
Neither did UPN until "The Incident", which any decent network would edit out under the circumstances. That was UPN's call.

Team Sheep
06-26-2006, 05:36 PM
True. Was a tough break for Hassan though, for that very episode to air on that date. Although it was a dumb move by WWE to bring a thing like terrorists onto their show, as people were bound to get sensitive over it, regardless of any bombings.

Kane Knight
06-26-2006, 06:05 PM
You dumbass, I'm talking about when Hassan was on Raw, Spike never expressed any concern over his character during his time on their network.

Jesus Christ.

That clearly doesn't releate, idiot, as the character never garotted anyone. Jesus Christ, we're talking about a whole different subject, in which public outrage would have never pressured them.

In other words, I'm right: The issue never arose.

Stop being so stupid. I know what you're talking about, it's just not fucking relevant.

The incident happened on Smackdown. The incident was the reason people wanted him gone. This was after his Raw stint was over. Spike never needed to make this call.

Which is, funnily, exactly what I was saying all along. Funny how that works. :lol:

Kane Knight
06-26-2006, 06:13 PM
Neither did UPN until "The Incident", which any decent network would edit out under the circumstances. That was UPN's call.

I don't think there's such a thing as a "decent" network. I also doubt any network that would let Smackdown on would count, even if there were such a thing.

I do, however, think it was a rather sleazy thing to take the middle ground and run a disclaimer that it might be offensive in light of the bombings. That means they recognised it was offensive, but decided to run it and hide behind a disclaimers.

I don't particularly find white men in ski masks garotting a zombie cowboy to be offensive, even in the light of a bombing, but if they were worried, then they probably shouldn't have, you know, run it. And clearly, they were.

Pinnacle Charisma
06-26-2006, 11:41 PM

Brillant.
I know his new gimmick now.

He can be the Master of Magnitism Mageneto. It would be the perfect way for the wwe to catch on the comic book movie craze.

Y2Jeremy
06-28-2006, 10:48 AM
I think that the only way that he can NOT be hassan is if he comes back as himself, a ex-wrestler and failed actor. j/k. but I liked hassan, and dont think that he should never have left in the first place. their reasoning was stupid. Do you think that Britain cancelled all movies with terrorist when 9-11 happened, Fuck NO. Americans are so ass backwards sometimes.

TerranRich
06-28-2006, 11:12 AM
Dunno if this was brought up before, but what about Hassan in ECW? No?

Xero
06-28-2006, 11:21 AM
LOL, I suggested him join the FBI, being an Italian.

I also said he could come in with the Hassan character and feud with Sabu.

TerranRich
06-28-2006, 12:32 PM
Good then. Yeah.

Kane Knight
06-28-2006, 03:30 PM
Dunno if this was brought up before, but what about Hassan in ECW? No?

Probably not.

Sci Fi may not be network TV, but they seem to have more concerns than USA, and at least as many as UPN.