PDA

View Full Version : Ever lose interest in wrestling?

The Naitch
06-25-2006, 04:00 PM
Right now, I've lost interest in it. I don't care or watch it as much. If I'm home on a Monday night I'll watch it if I'm lying in bed scratching my balls. Just seems nothing really is drawing me to it anymore.

If i HEAR SOME big news about someone coming back, I'll probably check it out. Even when it was shit 2001-2005, I still watched it every week. But now I'm starting to careless

Which leads me to this:

How many times have you stooped watching, then go back to watching? During what eras or period of months did you stop watching and what brought you back? Do you usually watch during the 2 months leading to WrestleMania? what

OverTaker
06-25-2006, 04:08 PM
I'm hardly ever home TO watch it but when I am I'll switch it on, maybe mix it up with something else. I miss a few storylines.

Rob
06-25-2006, 04:25 PM
Start waching UFC then. 20 times better characters and storylines (everyone would be raving about Ortiz and Shamrock if it was WWE) and Brock Lesnar looks like he'll be debuting sometime soon.

Destor
06-25-2006, 04:27 PM
I'd jerk off to that^^^

The Genius
06-25-2006, 04:28 PM
i watched WWF and WCW religiously from 1989-2001. when i left for college in 2001 i never watched at all. then in early 2006 i started watching again out of curiousity and boredom. now here i am following it somewhat closely.

Volare
06-25-2006, 04:30 PM
I would like to see Lesnar against Arlovsky or Silvia

Innovator
06-25-2006, 04:32 PM
They'd destroy Lesnar...unless Brock has been studying kickboxing and strikes while he's been off.

The Naitch
06-25-2006, 05:28 PM
Start waching UFC then. 20 times better characters and storylines (everyone would be raving about Ortiz and Shamrock if it was WWE) and Brock Lesnar looks like he'll be debuting sometime soon.

ive been watching it lately

Is Goldberg and/or O'Haire eligible to fight for UFC?

Mr. Nerfect
06-25-2006, 05:38 PM
I refuse to order Vengeance, simply because I refuse to let Vince McMahon get my money with the shitty produc he calls "RAW".

I used to be a Mr McMahon fan. The character always entertained me, simply because he was a manipulative, malicious, calculating son of a bitch. Right now his character pisses me off so much. His "Highway to Hell" storylines haven't paid off, he's pretty much playing a crazy old man. Get him off my TV and replace him with a character who doesn't come off like a retarded child in an old man's body.

John Cena also pisses me off, as does the way people salivate over DX. OK, we get it, the boys are back together. The years 2002 and 2003 now mean nothing. Hint to WWE: you can't have two guys feud for pretty much a whole year in the main event, then have them get back together and for me to like it. Suck my balls you fools.

RAW pisses me off so bad at the moment, but I still kind of keep track of things. SmackDown! on the other hand, still holds my interest.

The Naitch
06-25-2006, 05:40 PM
what interests you about SD! right now, Alienoid?

KayfabeMan
06-25-2006, 07:44 PM
I don't watch anymore at all basically.

I watch TNA every now and then when someone is over and wants to see it. I caught AM RAW earlier, since I was up on a working binge and had nothing else to see. Other than that, I don't have any interest at all.

The only things I do is check spoilers and read indy results and articles and shit online, to stay current with what is going on. I gave it chance after chance by watching episode after episode, and each time it's let me down.

6to1
06-25-2006, 10:29 PM
what interests you about SD! right now, Alienoid?
i tell you what i like about smackdown right now jbl doing comentary, he can make crappy matches look good just like bobby the brain did.

Skippord
06-25-2006, 10:32 PM
When JBL was champion I lost much of my intrest in Smackdown.It remains to return.

Flair Wooo
06-25-2006, 10:33 PM
I've stopped watchng. it's just shit and isn't the wrestiling i used to love and watch like 13 years ago,

Dorkchop
06-25-2006, 10:49 PM
I still love wrestling despite having little interest in it. The only thing I can think of at the top of my head that I'm really enjoying is Booker T vs Bobby Lashley. TNA is ok, but need more than one hour a week. Half of that is Jeff Jarrett. It's basically the exact same thing every time I watch Raw, Smackdown, or Impact. Every once in a while something new/different/exciting comes on my screen. I get excited, but for some reason WWE or TNA kill off that excitement quickly. I don't know how or why they do that, but they always manage to.

Lara Emily
06-26-2006, 03:43 AM
I don't watch anymore at all basically.

I watch TNA every now and then when someone is over and wants to see it. I caught AM RAW earlier, since I was up on a working binge and had nothing else to see. Other than that, I don't have any interest at all.

The only things I do is check spoilers and read indy results and articles and shit online, to stay current with what is going on. I gave it chance after chance by watching episode after episode, and each time it's let me down.

Same here, I stay up todate but amm be damned if I waste my time watching crap show after crap show hoping something good will happen. If something interests me I'll track it down and watch it after the fact.

Dave Youell
06-26-2006, 05:24 AM
I've never fully stopped watching, infact I can't remember when a weeks gone by and I haven't seen at least 1 hour of wrestling, regardless of who's product it is, I always try to make sure I watch something new each week.

Rob
06-26-2006, 08:33 AM
ive been watching it lately

Is Goldberg and/or O'Haire eligible to fight for UFC?

No. Goldberg signed with WFA (another fight group) as an announcer and is probably getting on a bit to start MMA. O''Haire might be under WWE contract but when he wasn't UFC didn't make an offer for him and I thought they should have. Maybe they were too concerned about the pro wrestling thing. I think they'd look at him now though since he had big name fights.

As for Lesnar, they would be fucking crazy not to feed him at least 5 guys before putting him in with a Frank Mir or someone. He is a long way off fighting Arlovski and Sylvia. His potential in MMA is off the charts though. He has been doing a lot of shoot training and his cardio has always been awesome for a guy his size. His biggest problem is gonna be making the 265lbs weight limit and still keeping his power.

Pinnacle Charisma
06-26-2006, 09:25 AM
I stopped watching mid 2002. It was horrible then Jericho was getting buried, the rock was going and I wasnt intrested in Brock, HHH or the Undertaker who where most of the major players at the time.

I started watching it back again in 2004. I dont why I started watching it again. It just happened

I lost intrest in the wwe when Christain and Jericho left and Eddie died seeing as those along with Kurt Angle where my favorite performers. I still watch it once every fortnight or so forth. But manily i read the spoilers and keep in date.

The new ecw brand has reignited my intrest in it again

Kane Knight
06-26-2006, 09:57 AM
I still watch when I can and remember, but man, I've fallen out of the habit.

Rob
06-26-2006, 10:04 AM
Because there is nothing worth watching.

I couldn't give a fuck about John Cena (although he is entertaining), Carlito, Batista, HHH, Orton or fucking Mark Henry. They push the wrong guys and frustrate the life out of you for nothing but spite. All the guys I had any emotional attachment to are all gone - Lance Storm, Chris Jericho, Eddie Guerrero, The Rock, Chris Benoit, etc. They fucking buried Rey Misterio to the point where I want to see him get hurt so they'd take him off TV so they are forced to not bury him. That's sad.

TNA ain't much better. They push guys you like... then they lose to Jeff Jarrett. And they do a horrible job of introducing characters. And the first thing I'd do if I was in charge of them would be to ban all references to WWE. Ray and Devon (more Ray) come off like moaning second rate garbage bringing up WWE all the time. Who fucking cares??? How about reinventing yourselfs instead of living off past glory?

The only guys I give a fuck about right now in the whole business are Harry Smith and Rob Van Dam

TerranRich
06-26-2006, 10:27 AM
There were two times where I stopped watching wrestling: once in 1997 and another in 2004. In 1997, I managed to miss much of the rise of Stone Cold and the first return of L.O.D.. In 2004 I missed much of the rise of Brock Lesnar and a lot of the WCW guys in action, and the infamous Brock/Goldberg match from WM XX (until I bought the Anthology boxed set recently).

Innovator
06-26-2006, 11:19 AM
TNA ain't much better. They push guys you like... then they lose to Jeff Jarrett. And they do a horrible job of introducing characters. And the first thing I'd do if I was in charge of them would be to ban all references to WWE. Ray and Devon (more Ray) come off like moaning second rate garbage bringing up WWE all the time. Who fucking cares??? How about reinventing yourselfs instead of living off past glory?

The only guys I give a fuck about right now in the whole business are Harry Smith and Rob Van DamHeyman hit the nail on the head in that interview he did a while ago. TNA introduces guys by saying the same exact thing, "I didn't get my chance up North, I got screwed, I'm here to make an impact." Same thing over and over. Then they all lose to Jarrett, who instead of being the champ should be in Tommy Dreamer's role in ECW...where Tommy helped put over talent on its way to the main event.

Rob
06-26-2006, 12:17 PM
TNA is like WWE minor league now. They were different but then they started booking like WWE of old and constantly talk about WWE. Fuck the WWE~!

I'm watching the show and I'm automatically meant to know who Chris Sabin, Sunjay Dutt and Alex Shelly are. Here's an idea - what if I've never heard of them? What if I'm not one of those 1023 people who go to ROH shows and buy their DVD's? They have the best vignette guy in the business in David Sahadi and they still can't introduce characters.

WWE did more to introduce the Highlanders and Test.

Rob
06-26-2006, 12:18 PM
Oh and I promise you that if UFC gets Brock Lesnar that they actually build up his debut and not assume everyone already knows he was a WWE champion and a 2 time NCAA wrestling champ.

Avenger
06-26-2006, 01:00 PM
I stopped watching during the WHOLE Invasion angle.

Ugh.

Innovator
06-26-2006, 01:09 PM
Oh and I promise you that if UFC gets Brock Lesnar that they actually build up his debut and not assume everyone already knows he was a WWE champion and a 2 time NCAA wrestling champ.Dana would promote the shit out of that. You know Brock would be all over everywhere, more than Tito and Chuck combined.

Skippord
06-26-2006, 01:48 PM
TNA is like WWE minor league now. They were different but then they started booking like WWE of old and constantly talk about WWE. Fuck the WWE~!

I'm watching the show and I'm automatically meant to know who Chris Sabin, Sunjay Dutt and Alex Shelly are. Here's an idea - what if I've never heard of them? What if I'm not one of those 1023 people who go to ROH shows and buy their DVD's? They have the best vignette guy in the business in David Sahadi and they still can't introduce characters.

Sabin has been around there forever though

Kane Knight
06-26-2006, 01:49 PM

WWE does more to introduce dark matchers.

I really hate all the "we're different from the competition!" Because there's no substance behind it.

Rob
06-26-2006, 07:16 PM
Sabin has been around there forever though

And that fact people still don't know him doesn't make my point?

Sadistic
06-26-2006, 07:31 PM
I lost interest around October 2002 then got back into it around late 2004.

Rob
06-26-2006, 08:36 PM
I lost interest around October 2002 then got back into it around late 2004.

I'm sorry

Jaded-Dragon
06-26-2006, 11:19 PM

Exactly what I was about to say. This whole ECW thing has left a bad taste in my mouth, to the point where I went out and found UFC 34, 43, 53, 58, and downloaded 59 and 60 as well as the most recent Pride event.

As Raw was about to come on tonight, I found myself wondering if I should watch the Ultimate Finale for a 3rd time, or actually watch Raw. I chose Raw, and ended up wondering why I had done so.

I've watched wrestling for a long time... since '85... The only time I ever 'stopped' watching wrestling was for a brief period after WMIX until Survivor Series of the same year. But the way this entire ECW angle has been played out has really left me at a loss. I always compared modern day action with that of ECW's from back in the day. I always hoped that one day something similar would return in the way of wrestling ability and the ability for wrestlers to tell a story in and out of a ring without a creative genious telling them what to do/say.

I hoped the new ECW would atleast resemble the old ECW, but the whole thing feels like Invasion all over again.

But hey, I'm quickly getting addicted to UFC and I'm glad to see the next season of Ultimate Fighter is comming on very soon (I think Dana said August?). Plus, it's cool to go back and watch older UFC events and see just how much the sport and promotion have changed. UFC 34 really reminded me of WWE as far as stables and entrances go. I prefer the newer look and style.

Anyway... Yes, I have. And yes, I too am bored with it.

Skyler
06-28-2006, 12:09 AM
don't know the date but i stoped watching for a year and came back right when the whole matt, lita and kane thing started. nothin really brought me back. i was just so used to watching it i went through wrestling withdrawl for a while and said screw it and started watching it agian.

SecretDesire
06-28-2006, 12:27 AM
WWE is in a rut but for me I just cant stop watching(support) it. Wrestling has always been a family member and its like dissing family to not watch or at least keep up on it. So yeah even through the bad times Im there because I know it will get better. As far as Vengence goes anyone who didnt see it missed out. The matches were good with one exception. DX was a nice change or the norm. I enjoyed it. Well its just my thoughts...

Sadistic
06-28-2006, 09:40 AM
I'm sorry

Yeah, I missed those captivating storylines of 2003 :'(

Rob
06-28-2006, 01:48 PM
Yeah, I missed those captivating storylines of 2003 :'(

Don't worry, you'll see them soon because they repeat everything over and over again whether it got over or not.

Kane Knight
06-28-2006, 03:22 PM
WWE is in a rut but for me I just cant stop watching(support) it. Wrestling has always been a family member and its like dissing family to not watch or at least keep up on it. So yeah even through the bad times Im there because I know it will get better. As far as Vengence goes anyone who didnt see it missed out. The matches were good with one exception. DX was a nice change or the norm. I enjoyed it. Well its just my thoughts...

...Are...Are you retarded?

TerranRich
06-28-2006, 05:13 PM
Again with the retard comments. Do you really need to resort to name-calling when words fail you?

Anyway, from what I've heard Vengeance was actually very good, and I too try not to miss any WWE regardless of its crappiness.

Xero
06-28-2006, 05:21 PM
Again with the retard comments. Do you really need to resort to name-calling when words fail you?
So wait, when was Retard Month on TPWW?

Flair Wooo
06-28-2006, 05:23 PM
Wrestling is shit. end of.

ct2k
06-28-2006, 05:24 PM
I was big into WWE from about 1993-2002, was also a regular watcher of WCW from about 95 until it shutdown, only really got into ECW towards the end, love watching old videos of all 3 still but i don't really keep up at all

Savio
06-28-2006, 05:28 PM
Lesnar could be the next Josh Koskcheck (sp?)

ct2k
06-28-2006, 05:30 PM
The fact that this is only like the 3rd time i've posted in the wrestling forum in a good 4 years illustrates my lack of interest in wrestling perfectly!

Rob
06-28-2006, 05:55 PM

Anyway, from what I've heard Vengeance was actually very good, and I too try not to miss any WWE regardless of its crappiness.

If you "support" a wrestling company then you are a retard and that's the fucking end of it.

MVP
06-28-2006, 06:01 PM
I've stopped watching. Hence the reason why I don't post in here anymore.

Although I do wanna catch an episode of ECW sometime.

Rob
06-28-2006, 06:17 PM
Don't waste your time. It's not ECW by anything other than name. Vince is booking it and when he can't even book Raw or Smackdown, he is hardly gonna do a job with a 3rd brand.

Kane Knight
06-28-2006, 06:29 PM

Why exactly are you such a hypocrite?

Kane Knight
06-28-2006, 06:30 PM
If you "support" a wrestling company then you are a retard and that's the fucking end of it.

Especially if you, say, compare them to family...

Vermaat
06-28-2006, 07:26 PM
The only time I came close to loosing interest in the wwe was when jbl was champ but I kept watching. Maybe two years of jbl as champ would be enough to get me to stop watching smackdown, but I doubt anything can get me to stop watching altogether.

Gary Lauderdale
06-29-2006, 05:15 AM
I stopped watching wrestling about 3 years ago. When I last watched It was brock lesner who was champion of one brand and also Hollywood Hogan had just left for retirement. I have returned to watch two amazing ppv's of ecw's "one night stand" although the 2005 version was WAY better than this year's although I probably enjoyed 2005's show more as I hadn't seen any hard-core matches in about 5 or 6 years.

Even now I find myself flipping through the boring bits of ECW, and found myself really annoyed at sky for blanking out the really graphic bits with shots of the crowd, like EG when sandman is destroying somebody with his CANE although I am told that the monday night showing of ECW is slightly better.

Wheather I will even bother to keep my eye on TNA or anything like that, remains to be seen!

SecretDesire
06-29-2006, 11:59 PM
:(

SecretDesire
06-30-2006, 12:05 AM
Especially if you, say, compare them to family...
Growing up there was alot of male testosterone in my family. I didnt have a sister until later on so I liked hanging out with my uncles and cousins. And thats where it really started for me. Although I was told that even when I was really young like 3 I would sit and watch wreslting with my grandfather and my uncles. So growing up it was WWF and watching the NBA! I even went to events/live shows at times.

Kane Knight
06-30-2006, 11:32 AM
Growing up there was alot of male testosterone in my family.

As opposed to female testosterone.

Anyone reminded of that Jay line? "The Female Clitoris?"

Still doesn't make it any less retarded, BTW.

The Naitch
06-30-2006, 01:37 PM
there is also bi-curious testosterone

Rob
06-30-2006, 03:08 PM
Growing up there was alot of male testosterone in my family. I didnt have a sister until later on so I liked hanging out with my uncles and cousins. And thats where it really started for me. Although I was told that even when I was really young like 3 I would sit and watch wreslting with my grandfather and my uncles. So growing up it was WWF and watching the NBA! I even went to events/live shows at times.

That's cool. We all pretty much has the same emotional attachment to wrestling. But that's dead. Most of us can't take Vince McMahon's bullshit any longer. It's his company and he can do what he likes really but that doesn't mean we have to agree or like it. I enjoy WRESTLING and I personally refuse to forced into liking anything because I'm told to.

People like myself - 25 years old. Watched wrestling for 20 years - haven't grown out of wrestling. I promise you guys like Cynick would be back watching in a heartbeat if they actually pushed wrestling first but wrestling is a dirty word in WWE. And at a time we found ourselves being pushed away by WWE, along came UFC with characters, angles and exciting fights and Dana White generally doesn't insult his audience. I grew up watching certain guys and all my favourites (Rocky, Benoit, Jericho, Hart brothers, Pillman, Jericho, Storm, etc) are all gone and aside from Edge, RVD and Harry Smith (who I carry a casual interest in all 3), they haven't had anyone who made me care enought to want to watch them. UFC on the other hand has guys like Tito Ortiz, Nick Diaz, Rich Franklin, Michael Bisping and Andrei Arlobski who I would go out of my way to see fight. Doesn't mean anything in the real vs. fake arguement because I'll bet my life that every wrestling fan watching UFC now isn't watching purely because it's real.

El Fangel
06-30-2006, 03:22 PM
I lost alot of interest in wrestling when JBL and Cena both had thier 10 month title reigns this bored me to shit, and caused me to stop watching for awhile I asked my buddy every now and again wither or not they lost the title yet, I started watching again around december as it was too cold outside. And was happy to see Cena lose to Edge, two weeks later I stopped watching again until Mania, which pissed me to the extreme, HHH should have won.

still now I have never gotten back to watching wrestling like I did from 2001-2003 I didn't miss a single night or ppv

now I hardly watch any

Rob
06-30-2006, 04:13 PM
Another reason is that there is far too much fucking shit wrestling on TV. WWE alone has 5 hours and that's when there no PPVs or NBC specials. I feel bad for TNA because they probably have the better TV (not by much mind you) and it's hurt because of this reason. I simply do not have the time, patience or energy to watch 6 hours of wrestling minimum per week. I barely have time for 6 hours of TV during the week. And if I do, wrestling doesn't make the cut. UFC would because it made itself must-see-TV.

6to1
06-30-2006, 05:07 PM
good thing i tivo wwe out of the 5 hours of wwe i watch about 2 hours.

Xero
06-30-2006, 08:06 PM
good thing i tivo wwe out of the 5 hours of wwe i watch about 2 hours.
Same here. For last week's SmackDown!, I watched the first match, and fast forwarded through EVERYTHING else. Now when SmackDown! comes on, I'm like "fuck, can't it be Saturday?" because when it's on Saturday I watch it at a later date, or fast forward it...

I watch RAW and ECW almost completely, usually skipping Diva's segments...

Batsu
06-30-2006, 08:11 PM
Right now, pretty much. I'll watch ECW until it dies out, but the product, while entertaining in segments is nowhere near the product of the mid-late 90s (in ECW, WCW, and WWE).

Vince needs to just back away from the crap that is "sports entertainment" and TNA just needs to forget WWE exists.

Rob
07-01-2006, 12:26 PM
There is more chance of hell freezing over than Vince going back to wrestling.

6to1
07-01-2006, 03:21 PM
i wonder what will hapen to the wwe when vince dies or retires, shane does not care about the it, trips and steph would run it into the ground.

Lord-Of-Darkness
07-01-2006, 03:57 PM
i wonder what will hapen to the wwe when vince dies or retires, shane does not care about the it, trips and steph would run it into the ground.

I beg to differ. If Shane didn't care, I highly doubt he would throw himself off of entrance ways and take crazy bumps. And I know HHH has a history of booking himself to death, but I think he's grown alot in terms of business sence, by how hes put people over and stepped down from the title scene alot more often than 2002 - 2003

Rob
07-01-2006, 04:40 PM
Who the hell has Triple-H "put over"?

Lord-Of-Darkness
07-01-2006, 05:19 PM
Batista, Benoit, he tried with Cena I guess. Maybe I used the wrong term in 'put over' but his hogging of vitories and title runs etc. has died down alot.

Xero
07-01-2006, 08:05 PM
Batista is the only one he properly put over in recent memory. Benoit's title run was overshadowed by Hunter's storylines.

Rob
07-01-2006, 08:57 PM
Batista, Benoit, he tried with Cena I guess. Maybe I used the wrong term in 'put over' but his hogging of vitories and title runs etc. has died down alot.

Okay Batista I'll give you. Cena was already a star when HHH came along.

He didn't put over Benoit. He might have tapped out but he didn't put him over. Big difference.