PDA

View Full Version : Major ECW Future Changes/Plans

PullMyFinger
06-29-2006, 12:07 AM
From PWInsider.com's news Hot News Hotline:

A meeting was held before last night's Smackdown/ECW taping with Vince McMahon, Kevin Dunn, and Paul Heyman. The decision has been made to pretty much break away from all the old ECW characters, ideas, and style of booking. The new plan is to make the show a full fledged third C brand of the WWE.

Vince McMahon was really let down by the reaction of the crowd at the ECW Arena house show, last week's 15% ratings drop, and the so far low ticket sales for the Smackdown/ECW tapings especially for the July 4th taping at the Wachovia Center. Those things were said to be huge factors in this decision.

Paul Heyman now has even less control over the product while Tommy Dreamer has none. Heyman did script last night's show but alot of it was re-written by the WWE writers. Also for the first two weeks Heyman was in charge of running the shows backstage but that all changed last night as the show was ran pretty much like the usual for Raw and Smackdown.

A decision has been made starting with last night's taping to only fly in the ECW wrestlers that are scripted to work on the show. Only for the house show events will the entire roster be flown in.

Also the old ECW referees are expected to get the axe very soon like former ECW ring announcer Stephen D'angelous did last week.

Innovator
06-29-2006, 12:11 AM
Yeah that stuff was from the Hotline

Glad to see Vince is losing that ever so elusive grip on reality.

Vietnamese Crippler
06-29-2006, 12:33 AM
Goddammit :|

What Would Kevin Do?
06-29-2006, 12:37 AM
Fucking A.

Honestly, if the booking stays good (which I doubt) and the matches stay good (which I doubt) it will be okay. But if it's reduced to the same shitty stories ( which so far it has been) and shitty in ring matches with the exception of one or two decent ones a month, I'll be really pissed. My interest in WWE is hanging by a thread as it is.

Blitz
06-29-2006, 12:58 AM
So basically we've got a full on Velocity brand now.

Innovator
06-29-2006, 01:00 AM
Fucking A.

Honestly, if the booking stays good (which I doubt) and the matches stay good (which I doubt) it will be okay. But if it's reduced to the same shitty stories ( which so far it has been) and shitty in ring matches with the exception of one or two decent ones a month, I'll be really pissed. My interest in WWE is hanging by a thread as it is.Just keep reminding yourself...

-ROH vs. czw, Cage of Death 7/15
-Bryan Danielson
-Homicide

What Would Kevin Do?
06-29-2006, 01:06 AM
Just keep reminding yourself...

-ROH vs. czw, Cage of Death 7/15
-Bryan Danielson
-Homicide

That's why I said my interest in WWE, not wrestling ;)

Actually, my increased interest in ROH is making it that much harder to watch WWE.

Blitz
06-29-2006, 01:13 AM
Actually, my increased interest in ROH is making it that much harder to watch WWE.
Word.

Corkscrewed
06-29-2006, 01:29 AM
WRITER: Our wannabe WWE'ized ECW's failing. What should we do?

VINCE: I got it! Lets WWE'ize it even more!!! Then people will love it just like they love Cena!!!

WRITER: But Cena gets boo--

VINCE: PYRO! PYRO! PYRO!

(yeah, borrowed that last line from Terran; thanks)

What Would Kevin Do?
06-29-2006, 01:37 AM
What I don't get is this...
"Vince McMahon was really let down by the reaction of the crowd at the ECW Arena house show"

They fans pissed on the WWE aspects of it. What do they think is going to happen when they WWEize it more and run a show there? WWE can barely handle 2 brands, how are they going to do three. If ECW isn't an entity of it's own, but simply another show, it's fucked.

Also, my hope for CM Punk getting a good run is now dwindling.

Dorkchop
06-29-2006, 02:00 AM
Is this really shocking to anyone?

ECW fans are going to crap all over the WWE-ized portions. Maybethat'll make Vince allow ECW to be more like ECW. Probably not, but there's hope.

A little WWE-ized ECW isn't too bad. A little could actually help ECW in a few places.

Lara Emily
06-29-2006, 02:23 AM
Well thats that then, now they are just gonna piss on the ECW legacy.

Schoenauer
06-29-2006, 02:24 AM
Just like they did with Eddie, and the rest of the WWE?

Triple A
06-29-2006, 02:45 AM
:) :) :)

Joey Slugs
06-29-2006, 03:09 AM
Also, my hope for CM Punk getting a good run is now dead

Fixed. :'(

Mr. Monday Morning
06-29-2006, 06:14 AM
Just thought I would add I'm not sorry Stephen D'Angelous got the axe, as he is a fucking awful ring announcer.

Sadistic
06-29-2006, 06:52 AM
Wow, NO ONE saw this coming.

weather vane
06-29-2006, 07:48 AM
lol ur all gay

Pepsi Man
06-29-2006, 10:19 AM
Well, if this is true, then it's not surprising but still disappointing. ECW had a cult following for being ECW. The more that's changed, the more of that following is just going to tune back out of wrestling again. They were really onto something, but ego seems to have gotten the better of the situation. Welcome to professional wrestling.

Xero
06-29-2006, 10:24 AM
You know, I think I figured out the master plan in this. After ECW runs it's course, it'll be the end of the Alliance all over again. I think Vince wants the WWE championship to consume all belts possible, so it'll consume the ECW championship, making it the WWE/WCW/ECW championship.

Xero
06-29-2006, 10:25 AM
Wow, NO ONE saw this coming.
Some people actually believed that this would be ECW all over again, and they were idioits.

Kane Knight
06-29-2006, 10:37 AM
Well thats that then, now they are just gonna piss on the ECW legacy.

NOW?

Y2Jeremy
06-29-2006, 11:17 AM
Vince Mcmahon is a fucking lunatic. He is eccentric and has been for years. he still believes that he knows what fans want even when he doesn't, and believes that his programs are never at fault for bad sales/ratings. I knew that ecw was prob. going to be gay, but not this gay.

Stickman
06-29-2006, 12:12 PM
Do they even listen to their fans? I'd email them if I felt it would be read or taken somewhat seriously. If enough people email them and tell them to listen to the fans that have somewhat of an understanding maybe they'll take some notice.

CSL
06-29-2006, 12:19 PM
:) :) :)

<font color=white>Are you lost?</font>

Team Sheep
06-29-2006, 03:27 PM
Yes, Extremely Crappy Wrestling won't be crappy anymore.

TerranRich
06-29-2006, 04:31 PM
It'll be just Extremely Wrestling?

Kane Knight
06-29-2006, 04:37 PM
It won't be extreme either. It'll be known as W!, until sued by GW Bush.

Wrestling fans everywhere will commit suicide when they are forced to change their named to E!, only to get sued again.

Slappy3000
06-29-2006, 05:36 PM
Some people actually believed that this would be ECW all over again, and they were idioits.
They can't say they weren't warned either...

6to1
06-29-2006, 06:12 PM
i told you all ecw died 6 years ago never to come back, i bet paul wishes he could trade places with jim cornet and run roh and tna.

RVDmark
06-29-2006, 06:50 PM
Should we start a collection and hire Paul Heyman and RVD with the proceeds? FVW wrestling (fuck vince Wrestling) could be born.

RVDmark
06-29-2006, 06:53 PM
AAlthough Vince does seem to love copying storylines from brand to another. WWE pissed on Eddie's legacy to give Rey the belt and now they're pissing on ECW's legacy to give RVD the belt. What next? Triple H pissing on Steph to get the belt?

jindrak
06-29-2006, 07:11 PM
ECW>WWECW

Pepsi Man
06-29-2006, 07:43 PM
i told you all ecw died 6 years ago never to come back, i bet paul wishes he could trade places with jim cornet and run roh and tna.
I doubt that, or else Paul Heyman would be in that position right now. He knew that the real ECW wasn't coming back, but he also draws a decent paycheck I'm sure.

6to1
06-29-2006, 07:58 PM
yea that is the only reason paul and bischoff are still there that was money well spent by vince, he keeps them there with no power what a waste.

Fox
06-29-2006, 08:56 PM
So... does this mean that Kurt Angle and Rob Van Dam are stuck on the fucking C-Show?

Slappy3000
06-29-2006, 08:57 PM
So... does this mean that Kurt Angle and Rob Van Dam are stuck on the fucking C-Show?
I doubt Angle comes back to Vince's baby boy (ECW) when he does return...

Kane Knight
06-29-2006, 09:07 PM
RVD on the C-Show is a natural fit. This'll be the only time he'll be seen as championship material.

No knock on him, just the company.

Anyway, this is perfect. Ratings dipped and reception was poor at the house show because peopleexpected ECW, not WWE. Stupid as they are for expecting it, they're disappointed. So ratings go down. Vince decides the problem is there's just too much ECW in ECW, and decides the only logical solution is less ECW and more WWE.

Crimson
06-29-2006, 10:32 PM
Couldn't they give it more time to devolp instead of just one week's worth of a ratings drop. Rome wasn't built in one day for fucksake

Kane Knight
06-29-2006, 10:46 PM
I didn't even see ECW on the rating list last week. And Raw was scoring as well as a movie about a transsexual. Apparently, Vito's gimmick is aptly timed. :shifty:

Crimson
06-29-2006, 11:03 PM
So now Eugene will be moved to ECW and will get over Sandman in the coming weeks :)

Schoenauer
06-30-2006, 12:14 AM
Couldn't they give it more time to devolp instead of just one week's worth of a ratings drop. Rome wasn't built in one day for fucksake
It would make sense to let it develop, that's why Vince won't let it.

Lara Emily
06-30-2006, 03:32 AM
NOW?

Well completely I guess. There was slight hope that something good could eventually come of this (not ECW of old mind you), but with Heyman basically pretty much removed from control even that bit of hope is gone.

Mr. Monday Morning
06-30-2006, 07:46 AM

Cornette doesn't 'run' either of those but I see where you're coming from. Although I have my doubts as to whether he would have the energy to work for either - I've always been under the assumption that he's been working for WWE this whole time in the vague hope that ECW might come back in some form. Now that it has and it's basically being pissed away I doubt he'll have much interest left in the business.

What Would Kevin Do?
06-30-2006, 07:51 AM
That's true, and it sucks. Also, I don't think ROH would be a good fit for Heyman. TNA could benefit MUCH more.

owenbrown
06-30-2006, 12:36 PM
*inhales deeply* FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCKKKKKKK!!! :rant: :mad: :foc: *exhales*

fucking moron -OB

The Naitch
06-30-2006, 12:41 PM
3 brands is awful

D Mac
06-30-2006, 01:53 PM
TNA > ECW :nono:

The Naitch
06-30-2006, 02:28 PM
watch ECW go down as Vince's biggest blunder since XFL

The Naitch
06-30-2006, 02:28 PM
this will go on the list like other forgetable moments like the invasion, Goldberg and the nWo

Xero
06-30-2006, 02:31 PM
The only real thing that will stand out will be Van Dam being named the WWE champion.

The Naitch
06-30-2006, 02:33 PM
but he didnt throw it in the trash like some fans wanted

instead he looks like Jericho when he undisputed champ

RVD will be jobbing to Chloe soon enough

Xero
06-30-2006, 02:34 PM
Oh sure, he'll be jobbing out by this time next year, but for one night, he won the WWE championship in the most fan-interactive, WWE-produced match ever.

RVDmark
06-30-2006, 06:01 PM
Oh sure, he'll be jobbing out by this time next year, but for one night, he won the WWE championship in the most fan-interactive, WWE-produced match ever.

Word.

Kane Knight
06-30-2006, 06:10 PM
For one night, it was almost as though WWE gave a shit.

Batsu
06-30-2006, 08:07 PM
And some people said WCW should have come back under the ownership of Vince.

Xero
06-30-2006, 08:08 PM
For one night, it was almost as though WWE gave a shit.
And then they pulled their pants down and took a shit that Tuesday.