PDA

View Full Version : Vito *spoilers from tonight's Smackdown*

Kane Knight
06-30-2006, 09:23 PM
Okay, so they've gone as far as to do this crossdressing angle, and they blur it out when his panties show, or what? That just struck me as BIZARRE, but considerring UPN...

Evil Vito
06-30-2006, 09:27 PM
<font color=goldenrod>Yeah, I dunno what was going on there.</font>

Kane Knight
06-30-2006, 09:51 PM
It's probably just UPN, but it seems odd that we've seen Coach and Vince's ass in those promos (And I'm pretty sure they showed them on Smackdown in video packages), but his ass is censored...

Xero
06-30-2006, 10:09 PM
He's a fruit, and UPN doesn't like fruits.

Kane Knight
06-30-2006, 10:30 PM
He's not a fruit. Cole said so, and I doubt he's wrong...

...Gaydar and all...

korinkahn
06-30-2006, 10:33 PM
Why are we rehashing this tried angle again, Pillman was in a dress v. Goldust, Regal was too now Vito i am not understanding this-it is not funny.

Xero
06-30-2006, 10:36 PM
He's not a fruit. Cole said so, and I doubt he's wrong...

...Gaydar and all...
Cole's Gaydar is always on "0" because it's got a clock-type face and compass-like system.

(Too complicated to be funny?)

Corkscrewed
07-01-2006, 01:52 AM
For once I was extremely glad the censors work. I mean, g-strings are nice on gals, but they are NOT meant to be worn on guys.

(yes, that's a pretty prejudiced statement, but I can't help it :D )

Fox
07-01-2006, 01:55 AM
Why are we rehashing this tried angle again, Pillman was in a dress v. Goldust, Regal was too now Vito i am not understanding this-it is not funny.

Don't forget Perry Saturn in WCW. Awful, awful stuff.

I think we're all missing the obvious reason for the censor:

Vito has a vagina. He's censored for his family's protection (mostly his son, who, if he saw Vito's exposed crotch region on TV, would be both extremely confused and probably a little upset), and for the protection of Americans everywhere.

Savio
07-01-2006, 01:57 AM
UPN actually did one thing right......I still won't watch smackdown though.

D Mac
07-01-2006, 02:59 AM
I acctually mark out for a guy in a dress. :shifty:

owenbrown
07-01-2006, 03:47 AM

And we cannot not forget the Horrid "Hardcore Evening Gown" match between Gerald Brisco and Pat Patterson :nono: :shifty:

Team Sheep
07-01-2006, 05:13 AM
They censored the midgets' asses on the Raw rebound last week, so I guess it's something about male ass that UPN don't like, which I praise them for. :D

Kane Knight
07-01-2006, 10:48 AM

Well, among other things, Pillman in a dress was forced. Vito wants to.

The rest of your post was incoherrent.

Kane Knight
07-01-2006, 10:50 AM
I acctually mark out for a guy in a dress. :shifty:

Dorkchop
07-01-2006, 12:03 PM
Vito's ass and crotch was blurred in Canada on Headline Sports. It's not just UPN.

I thought it was freaking hilarious. I'm loving Vito.

Jaton
07-01-2006, 01:51 PM
Surprisingly, I see this angle working out for Vito. Now what should happen is there should be a tournament with him, Paul London, Val Venis, Doug Basham, and Mideon for a number one contender's spot. I think it could come down to Val Venis and Doug Basham in the finals, with Doug Basham finally going over, and then winning the WHC at SummerSlam over Mark Henry, Batista, and Rey in a fatal fourway match. Then he can hold it for the next 2 years, and take on all comers. Including Chris Benoit. :shifty:

And then, Alienoid wakes up.

Nark Order
07-01-2006, 02:50 PM
Pillman wore the dress in his matches because he lost a match against Goldust under certain stipulations. Vito is wearing it because it makes him feel 'free'. No rehashing.

Savio
07-01-2006, 04:02 PM
Regal was forced too.

6to1
07-01-2006, 07:00 PM
i thought it was funny as hell when they blured him out that added to jbl's coments i think that was planed by the wwe.

Fox
07-02-2006, 01:44 AM
Funny or not, this isn't the kind of angle that propels you to the main event.

Poor f'n Vito.

Corkscrewed
07-02-2006, 02:25 AM
At least he seems to be taking it in stride. :lol:

darkpower
07-02-2006, 02:33 AM
i thought it was funny as hell when they blured him out that added to jbl's coments i think that was planed by the wwe.

I'll agree there. JBL was absolute GOLD during that match.

That and the "submission move" Vito did was absolutly hilarious. Poor Simon Dean, though. He can't ever get a break.

Kane Knight
07-02-2006, 08:52 AM

Poor f'n Vito.

As if Vito was ever going to be main event material.

6to1
07-02-2006, 08:58 AM
the angle sucks ass i think vince got the idea from this seasons sopranos gay vito, so vince put vito in a dress. but the blur segment was pretty funny with jbl the best part of smackdown right now.

Kane Knight
07-02-2006, 12:04 PM
To say that Vince got the idea from the Sopranos implies two things:

1. An angle like this wasn't already in the works.
2. Vince is even remoitely in tune with popular culture.

You could argue 1, but there is no way you could ever justify 2.

Afterlife
07-02-2006, 07:40 PM

Poor f'n Vito.

That is such a useless thing to even think. Should he have stayed "nothing special" Vito and continued to work Velocity? Or should he have grabbed an eye-catching gimmick and secured a spot on SmackDown. Everybody has to actually DO something to achieve main event status, fool. Nobody jumps straight from Velocity to World Title. It does not happen.

Team Sheep
07-03-2006, 01:04 PM
Apart from JBL.

Afterlife
07-06-2006, 10:12 PM
Well, yes. Except that Bradshaw had been with the company for quite a while. Oh, and he did that whole satanic tag team thing with Faarooq. I would definitely classify that as "doing something".

Savio
07-07-2006, 04:49 AM
Holly

Afterlife
07-07-2006, 09:22 AM
The only "push" I remember Holly getting was a quasi-title shot after he returned from a broken neck. And...well...he came back from a broken neck. That's a demostration of determination right there. PLus, the guy who "did it" was the current champ, so it only made sense. You'll also note that HOlly was depushed after his failed thrust into the crowded main event.

Kane Knight
07-07-2006, 09:46 AM
Well, yes. Except that Bradshaw had been with the company for quite a while. Oh, and he did that whole satanic tag team thing with Faarooq. I would definitely classify that as "doing something".

Not to mention he spent a decent amount of his time right before this on the midcard. You know, not on Velocity?

Mr. Nerfect
07-07-2006, 10:13 PM
As if Vito was ever going to be main event material.

This is why I love the idea. It gets Vito out there. Sure, he's not going to win the World Title in a dress, as Michael Cole suggest this week, but it's going to get him out of the rut he was in as "Nunzio's bitch". If he actually feuds with someone, and keeps winning matches, the fans will make a statement either for or against him. If the fans go for him, he can turn himself into a pretty solid mid-card face, eventually losing the dresses. If the fans turn against him, he can say that he was never accepted for who he was, go back to proper attire, and turn himself into a mid-card heel.

It may not be a step in the right direction for Vito, per se, but it is a step, and it will give him direction. I think it depends on how they deal with him AFTER he drops the dress that matters.

Also, isn't there some kind of documented fact that one in five men like wearing women's clothing? Vito can maybe slowly turn himself into a parody of "The More You Know". There's just something funny about Vito doing helpful elegent video segments like that.