PDA

View Full Version : Lashley's Losses...

snakeboss
07-09-2006, 04:17 PM
I was just thinking, and I'm pretty sure that Lashley has only ever lost three times in one on one matches in his WWE career. Here's his losses:

1. To JBL at No Way Out.

2. To Finlay on Smackdown.

3. To Booker T at Judgement Day.

I just realized that all of those losses were caused by one man:

Finlay.

and...

his shilleighley...

Finlay has been responsible for all of Lashley's losses in WWE, and each time it was caused by his shilleighley.

I just thought it was pretty interesting.

Anybody Thrilla
07-09-2006, 04:27 PM
Interesting.

Xero
07-09-2006, 04:28 PM
He also lost during the Survivor Series match. Which, incidentally, was also caused by Finlay I believe.

Disturbed316
07-09-2006, 05:28 PM
Don't forget Money in the Bank.

Anybody Thrilla
07-09-2006, 05:35 PM
MITB shouldn't really count as a loss as much as it should a non-win.

Anybody Thrilla
07-09-2006, 05:36 PM
Survivor Series too, really.

Disturbed316
07-09-2006, 05:36 PM
Non-win = loss in my eyes

Anybody Thrilla
07-09-2006, 05:38 PM
So did 29 people lose the Royal Rumble?

Disturbed316
07-09-2006, 05:44 PM
Yup

Anybody Thrilla
07-09-2006, 05:49 PM
Ridiculous

Disturbed316
07-09-2006, 05:59 PM
Yup

Xero
07-09-2006, 06:10 PM
Survivor Series too, really.
He was pinned, though. So while it wasn't a traditional 1-on-1, it was more along the lines of a traditional loss (being pinned) than say the Rumble or MITB.

What Would Kevin Do?
07-09-2006, 06:22 PM
At SS he was technically eliminated by... Either HBK or Carlito I believe. He had one of them up for the Dominator, but he was close to the ropes and Kane grabed him from the apron and chokeslammed him. That was also technically his first loss I believe.

Mr. Nerfect
07-09-2006, 06:28 PM
I actually don't consider his Survivor Series Match a loss, as his team went on to win. Batista, Randy Orton, Rey Mysterio, Bobby Lashley & JBL defeated Shawn Michaels, Kane, Big Show, Carlito & Chris Masters. Lashley was pinned, though, so he can't lay claim to never losing a fall.

The guy lost the Battle Royal on SmackDown! to crown a new World Heavyweight Champion, and the Royal Rumble. Both count as loses to me, although he didn't lose a fall. Money in the Bank is a loss, but once again, he wasn't disqualified, counted out, pinned or forced to submit or forfeit. Didn't he also lose a tag team match at one point? I can't be sure.

Assuming he didn't lose the tag team match, that brings his current record to 5 losses and 4 falls against his name.

Anybody Thrilla
07-09-2006, 06:30 PM
He was pinned, though. So while it wasn't a traditional 1-on-1, it was more along the lines of a traditional loss (being pinned) than say the Rumble or MITB.

Yeah, that's fine, but still, I say no loss for MITB and Royal Rumble.

DS
07-09-2006, 07:05 PM
Why would you not consider that a loss? If you don't win, you lose.

Anybody Thrilla
07-09-2006, 07:17 PM
It's a special occassion.

All right, say Goldberg was on his undefeated streak, but he was in a battle royal that he didn't win. Would you say he was 163-1? It just doesn't seem right.

Afterlife
07-09-2006, 07:19 PM
The Rumble, I consider a loss because he had to be thrown out, i.e., eliminated. But MITB is like any other 1-fall match with three or more ppl: You don't have to be defeated to lose the match.

Basic point: Just because you lose, it doesn't mean you were defeated.

DS
07-09-2006, 08:36 PM
It's a special occassion.

All right, say Goldberg was on his undefeated streak, but he was in a battle royal that he didn't win. Would you say he was 163-1? It just doesn't seem right.
Yes, I would say that. That is exactly what's going on with Samoa Joe right now. That is how he lost the X-Division title. They don't say that he is undefeated, now they just say he has never been pinned.

I know what you're saying, and I could be lenient on the MITB match, but someone had to beat him in the Rumble to get him out, so he was defeated somehow.

Pepsi Man
07-09-2006, 11:46 PM
I actually don't consider his Survivor Series Match a loss, as his team went on to win. Batista, Randy Orton, Rey Mysterio, Bobby Lashley & JBL defeated Shawn Michaels, Kane, Big Show, Carlito & Chris Masters. Lashley was pinned, though, so he can't lay claim to never losing a fall.

The guy lost the Battle Royal on SmackDown! to crown a new World Heavyweight Champion, and the Royal Rumble. Both count as loses to me, although he didn't lose a fall. Money in the Bank is a loss, but once again, he wasn't disqualified, counted out, pinned or forced to submit or forfeit. Didn't he also lose a tag team match at one point? I can't be sure.

Assuming he didn't lose the tag team match, that brings his current record to 5 losses and 4 falls against his name.
Yeah, I agree with Alienoid as far as the Survivor Series Match goes.

snakeboss
07-10-2006, 05:48 AM
Sorry guys, I should've said I was refering to One on One matches only.

Anybody Thrilla
07-10-2006, 10:22 AM
Yes, I would say that. That is exactly what's going on with Samoa Joe right now. That is how he lost the X-Division title. They don't say that he is undefeated, now they just say he has never been pinned.

I know what you're saying, and I could be lenient on the MITB match, but someone had to beat him in the Rumble to get him out, so he was defeated somehow.

Yeah, but being thrown over a top rop and being defeated just don't seem like the same thing to me. I see what you're saying, and ultimately, none of it fucking matters. I'm just saying.

Corkscrewed
07-10-2006, 08:24 PM
Going back to the original post... it's why I'm confused they never truly capped off the Finlay/Lashley feud, which was a really great feud!

The Show Off
07-10-2006, 10:49 PM
I was just thinking, and I'm pretty sure that Lashley has only ever lost three times in one on one matches in his WWE career. Here's his losses:

1. To JBL at No Way Out.

2. To Finlay on Smackdown.

3. To Booker T at Judgement Day.

I just realized that all of those losses were caused by one man:

Finlay.

and...

his shilleighley...

Finlay has been responsible for all of Lashley's losses in WWE, and each time it was caused by his shilleighley.

I just thought it was pretty interesting.

So are you saying that Lashley is Superman and the shilleighley is made of kryptonite?

Afterlife
07-11-2006, 04:30 PM
So are you saying that Lashley is Superman and the shilleighley is made of kryptonite?

Well, it makes sense: Finlay's finisher is the Kryptonite Krunch.