PDA

View Full Version : This Matt Striker/ Rob Conway thing has potential

Gertner
07-14-2006, 03:54 PM
Well i've made it clear how awesome I think Matt Striker is and how he needs an ic reign, but the WWE could be onto something with Striker and Conway

Striker can take Conway as his student and supposedly teach him how to wrestle, and put him in matches where Conway isn't allowed to punch or kick. Could be some good comedy moments here. Might as well since Conway is collecting dust and Striker( who fucking rules on the mic) needs an angle badly

TerranRich
07-14-2006, 03:59 PM
That's not a bad idea. Too bad Vince doesn't care about any moves besides punches and kicks.

Gertner
07-14-2006, 04:02 PM
like Matt could have Rob wrestle amateur high school wrestlers and when Rob starts getting his ass kicked Rob flips out and starts punchign and kicking them. hahah i'm laughing at this already

Mr. Nerfect
07-14-2006, 10:56 PM
I think they should just turn Rob Conway face. Have him feud with Matt Striker. Or Striker takes Eugene and Conway on as pupils, and slowly transforms Eugene from Eugene to Nick Dinsmore. Rob Conway and Nick Dinsmore then turn on Matt Striker, forcing him to get a tag team partner. Maybe Matt Stryker? They can call themselves "I-ker and Y-ker"... :shifty:

I do think Conway and Stiker have chemistry, but the heel tag team scene is cluttered. Conway would need to turn face at some point, because his current persona just isn't working.

Kane Knight
07-14-2006, 11:10 PM
Striker has Angle-Level Charisma, IMO. I think your idea would work well, if WWE weren't so hell-bent on splitting them (like every other team)

Mr. Nerfect
07-14-2006, 11:34 PM
Striker has Angle-Level Charisma, IMO. I think your idea would work well, if WWE weren't so hell-bent on splitting them (like every other team)

Actually, the more and more I think about it, the more and more I agree with that. Angle and Striker are kind of similar in how easy it is for them to get heat.

If I were the WWE, I'd have Matt Striker be put in charge of outsmarting D-Generation X. Maybe have Christopher Nowinski, Matt Striker and Jonathan Coachman form some sort of "brain's trust" of Mr McMahon? Rob Conway, The Spirit Squad, Vince McMahon and Shane McMahon can hang around for meetings. It would be so awesome to see Matt Striker, Christopher Nowisnki and Jonathan Coachman open the show from an office. Striker makes wrestling seem natural, so he can mix it up occasionally, and he will eventually be so over the WWE will not be able to resist putting him in a Kurt Angle in 2000-like role.

Anybody Thrilla
07-15-2006, 04:08 AM
It would be AWESOME if they had Striker make Eugene un-retarded. Out of all the hairbrain schemes I've heard to get that character off of Dinsmore, that one seems like the most believeable.

Optimus Bone 69
07-15-2006, 07:13 AM
conway must have broken into the rocks house for his attire this week on raw, i had to take a double look:shifty:

James Steele
07-15-2006, 08:48 AM
:lol:

Evil Vito
07-15-2006, 10:26 AM
<font color=goldenrod>I don't think Eugene's ever going to become un-retarded.

They already had two perfect chances to do it: at ONS he could have done a surprise shoot, and they had a mini Striker/Eugene feud that went nowhere. Dinsmore is screwed</font> :(

Mr. Nerfect
07-15-2006, 10:46 PM
<font color=goldenrod>I don't think Eugene's ever going to become un-retarded.

They already had two perfect chances to do it: at ONS he could have done a surprise shoot, and they had a mini Striker/Eugene feud that went nowhere. Dinsmore is screwed</font> :(

You've pretty much summed up my feelings on the Eugene matter better than I could have.

I think that's why he has been used to more consistently since then, and been given the win over Vince and Shane. Kind of a "hey, look, we fucked up and sealed you with this shit, so we'll let you do more stuff". I was disgusted when he showed up at ONS as Eugene and didn't snap out of the character hereafter.

Hopefully they just do something next week like have him take a chair shot, then have him realise he's Nick "Certain Defeat" Dinsmore, and have him and Rob Conway team up as "The Lords of the Ring" behind Striker. Cut out the gay music with Rob Conway (I think it's funny and all, and it's something different, but I think it's hurting rather than helping) and have them kick-ass.

I would actually send them over to SmackDown!. Michelle McCool, who has the school teacher thing going on, can join Striker, which gives them eye-candy and a valet. Striker can work in the U.S. Division whilst Conway & Dinsmore feud with teams like Paul London & Brian Kendrick and The Basham Brothers (scheduled to go to ECW, but I think SmackDown! needs them more, especially with the tag team scene actually getting a huge helping hand from JBL on commentary).

Have High Impact called up from DSW as a babyface tag team, and you then have Paul London & Brian Kendrick, The Pit Bulls, The Lords of the Ring, The Basham Brothers, The Gymini and High Impact. Is that *GASP* a tag division?

Evil Vito
07-16-2006, 12:24 AM
<font color=goldenrod>That would be a damn good idea, but the most I can see happening is possibly a Striker/McCool hookup. Then again, any Striker push is fine by me.

The weird thing is, I like the Eugene angle, but I know that Nick Dinsmore has so much talent and it's going to waste. I don't want to see it end up like the Hurricane (an entertaining gimmick that ultimately goes on way too long) then again they managed to pull Helms out of it so I dunno.</font>