PDA

View Full Version : Who should DX bring back and why?

TakerLover
07-14-2006, 10:03 PM
Roaddogg
XPAC
Chyna
Billy Gunn

I want XPAC cause he didn't get much credit all the time he was in there.

REST IN PIECES:mad:

Kane Knight
07-14-2006, 10:34 PM
TRIPUL H BCUZ HE IS TEH GAM!

The Naitch
07-14-2006, 10:41 PM
Rick Rude definitely

Xero
07-14-2006, 10:42 PM
I TINK JON SENA SHOOD B IN DA X CUZ HE IZ DA THUGZZZZZZZ! HE KOOD SAY SUK UT AND HE WOOD HAF 2 RUN CUZ HE WOOD GET LIEK 16046510511450 GURRLZ ON HIMZ TRYNG 2 DO DAT!

mrslackalack
07-14-2006, 10:49 PM
Jason Sensation, I bet he could do a great Cena impression.

Kane Knight
07-14-2006, 10:57 PM
KENNY!

MIKEY!

THOSE OTHER GUYS!

OverTaker
07-15-2006, 12:20 AM
hoo iz XPAC?:shifty:

D Mac
07-15-2006, 12:58 AM
X PUNK SHOULD NEVER BE ON MY TV EVER AGAIN :mad:

Vastardikai
07-15-2006, 02:20 AM
The Bret Hart Midget. :shifty:

SammyG
07-15-2006, 02:31 AM
The Little Bastard. Also ROFL @ Rest In Pieces.

D Mac
07-15-2006, 02:52 AM
Metallica

the Master-brock
07-15-2006, 06:08 AM
Jason Sensation, I bet he could do a great Cena impression.

:yes:

OverTaker
07-15-2006, 06:40 AM
Metallica

Motley Crue won't be happy.

:mad: CRUE:YOU CHOSE METALLICA OVER US???!!!!:foc:

Xero
07-15-2006, 11:46 AM
Tori.

Savio
07-15-2006, 01:20 PM
Jim Niedhart (sp?)

The MAC
07-15-2006, 05:14 PM
mike tyson..i hear he could use a few bucks..

Chavo Classic
07-15-2006, 05:17 PM
DX as fine as it is. Bringing back the outlaws or x-pac would just confirm that it is a sad reincarnation of its former self. At least with just Hunter and Michaels, its slightly different from what it's ever been.

Mr. Nerfect
07-15-2006, 10:34 PM
Kane. Or Brooklyn Brawler. Or Larry Zbysko.

KingofOldSchool
07-15-2006, 10:39 PM
Jeff Hardy

He can do crotch chops with his lamp shade.

Ben Rodrigues
07-16-2006, 12:16 AM
Chyna is a sexy beast.

Shadow
07-16-2006, 12:25 AM
Jeff Hardy

He can do crotch chops with his lamp shade.

Shut up.

Xero
07-16-2006, 12:49 AM
Jeff Hardy

He can do crotch chops with his emo friends.

Fignuts
07-16-2006, 12:55 AM
You guys are dicks.

Fignuts
07-16-2006, 01:01 AM
Seriously it's like you're all trigger happy or something. Lay off the neg reps a bit. He didn't do anything bad enough to deserve three fucking red rep bars.

Christ.

BigDaddyCool
07-16-2006, 01:19 AM
Stephany McMahon...well you know they are because it just isn't WWE television without long, unnessicary, and boring McMahon fueds.

BigDaddyCool
07-16-2006, 01:22 AM
Jeff Hardy

He can do crotch chops with his emo friends.

Come on, we all know Jeff Hardy doesn't have any friends. Quit being cruel.

Shadow
07-16-2006, 01:28 AM
Hey BDC.....:foc: :foc: :foc:

El Fangel
07-16-2006, 01:35 AM
CRUE:YOU CHOSE METALLICA OVER US???!!!!

Yep.

Also I have to agree with fignuts, while I know I have been back and forth over the rep border a few times, from the post I see here there is no problem, he is just asking who you think DX should recruit, I have seen alot worse threads started by people with alot more experience and rep then this guy or girl ( Im not sure). And not seem to get any lose in rep from it.

Unless I have missed some other thread posts by this poster I see no reason to bash him this bad, hell I didn't get a bashing like this and I said STUPIDER things.

Xero
07-16-2006, 01:38 AM
Look at this person's Taker/Khali thread and you tell me how much they know about wrestling.

While people have been dumber here, we don't take too kindly to what I like to term "Extreme Marks".

Oh, and by the way, "stupider" isn't a word.

BigDaddyCool
07-16-2006, 01:40 AM
Hey BDC.....:foc: :foc: :foc:

It isn't my fault nobody likes the guy. Hell, I don't blame them, Jeff wears lampshades when he is sober, we all know that the only time to wear a lampshade is at a wild house party so as to embrace your wife and alienate your friends.

Xero
07-16-2006, 01:43 AM
It isn't my fault nobody likes the guy. Hell, I don't blame them, Jeff wears lampshades when he is sober, we all know that the only time to wear a lampshade is at a wild house party so as to embrace your wife and alienate your friends.
Yeah, but he's stoned most of the time, so he at least had an excuse.

Savio
07-16-2006, 01:43 AM
neither is "hyponector"

BigDaddyCool
07-16-2006, 01:44 AM

Yeah it is. Look, you can't say, "Jim is more stupid than Jane." The correct way to say it is, "Jim is stupider than Jane." Likewise it is wrong to say "Frank is the most stupid." The correct sentence is "Frank is the stupidest."

Didn't you pay attention is 3rd grade English and grammar?

BigDaddyCool
07-16-2006, 01:45 AM
Yeah, but he's stoned most of the time, so he at least had an excuse.

Yeah, ok. :roll:

Xero
07-16-2006, 01:45 AM
neither is "hyponector"

Yeah, well, he didn't use that word in his post.

BigDaddyCool
07-16-2006, 01:46 AM
BTW, wasn't this thread suppose to be about DX or something, not grammar and Jeff Hardy?

Xero
07-16-2006, 01:47 AM
Yeah, ok. :roll:
I didn't say it was a good excuse.

El Fangel
07-16-2006, 01:54 AM
Ok while The Taker/ Khali post is sub-standard.

Its really no reason to keep bashing his threads, this one I find makes a good discussion topic, because while HHH and Micheals can handle the squad the 5-2 matches are getting boring, and it would be cool to hear peoples opinions of who should be recruited for the new DX if anyone.

Hell give him a chance before you start bashing please, I had to go through the bashing, and I know how it feels to have threads bashed and the bashing start at the second post.

Also I know Stupider is not a word, It was made to Imply that I have done stupid things also. I ask you people don't bash, at least give a chance to these people that are newer before you start bashing.

BigDaddyCool
07-16-2006, 02:06 AM
Ok while The Taker/ Khali post is sub-standard.

Its really no reason to keep bashing his threads, this one I find makes a good discussion topic, because while HHH and Micheals can handle the squad the 5-2 matches are getting boring, and it would be cool to hear peoples opinions of who should be recruited for the new DX if anyone.

Hell give him a chance before you start bashing please, I had to go through the bashing, and I know how it feels to have threads bashed and the bashing start at the second post.

Also I know Stupider is not a word, It was made to Imply that I have done stupid things also. I ask you people don't bash, at least give a chance to these people that are newer before you start bashing.

But stupider is a word.

Xero
07-16-2006, 02:06 AM
Okay, you know who should be in DX? No one.

The WWE has been relying on recycled angles for years. Their writers are great at going into the past and saying "Let's take this and that, add two new people, and call it a day". They're also great in booking the "classic" "Reunion" stable angle.

However, when it comes to original ideas, you can forget it. They're so inept that, even though they great talents on the roster, they're sitting at home or doing squash dark matches because the writers "don't have anything for them". And then, people get released for that same reason. It's one thing to not give someone a new gimmick and just have the float around as jobbers. It's quite another to fire them because the writers can't think of anything to do with them, like it's their fault.

The WWE, and especially Vince, need to stop looking into the past and start looking into the fucking future. You've got Hulk Hogan still headlining big-4 PPVs, Shawn Michaels and Triple H doing their DX "SUCK IT! LOLZ WE ARE TEH FUNNY" shit, and The Undertaker only showing his face at event that he deems worthy, even though he should have retired instead of pulling this.

But then, you've got great talents like Eugene stuck in fucking horrible gimmicks for way too long and no way out of them! They're not building many future stars which is going to kill them in the long run.

So who should be in the new DX? NO ONE. Go make a new stable out of heel thugs called the Chain Gang lead by John Cena. At least that'd be half original.

Savio
07-16-2006, 02:18 AM
Make a stable that beats up women. That'd = ratings.

.44 Magdalene
07-16-2006, 02:23 AM

Wasn't that Test and Steiner? Or was that not big enough to qualify as a stable?

Savio
07-16-2006, 02:32 AM
technicaly they never hit anyone....stone cold did it for them.

Chavo Classic
07-16-2006, 09:42 AM
They've done that already. Jeff Jarrett had a male chauvenist angle during 1999 up until his release, and Chaz/Mosh was given the domestic abuse angle shortly before he teamed with D'Lo.

So that wouldn't be a NEW and INNOVATIVE idea either...

Kane Knight
07-16-2006, 10:01 AM
Yeah it is. Look, you can't say, "Jim is more stupid than Jane." The correct way to say it is, "Jim is stupider than Jane." Likewise it is wrong to say "Frank is the most stupid." The correct sentence is "Frank is the stupidest."

Didn't you pay attention is 3rd grade English and grammar?

Not all of us went to school in the Bible Belt.

Kane Knight
07-16-2006, 10:03 AM

Especially in the south/Military.

Kane Knight
07-16-2006, 10:04 AM
Okay, you know who should be in DX? No one.

The WWE has been relying on recycled angles for years. Their writers are great at going into the past and saying "Let's take this and that, add two new people, and call it a day". They're also great in booking the "classic" "Reunion" stable angle.

However, when it comes to original ideas, you can forget it. They're so inept that, even though they great talents on the roster, they're sitting at home or doing squash dark matches because the writers "don't have anything for them". And then, people get released for that same reason. It's one thing to not give someone a new gimmick and just have the float around as jobbers. It's quite another to fire them because the writers can't think of anything to do with them, like it's their fault.

The WWE, and especially Vince, need to stop looking into the past and start looking into the fucking future. You've got Hulk Hogan still headlining big-4 PPVs, Shawn Michaels and Triple H doing their DX "SUCK IT! LOLZ WE ARE TEH FUNNY" shit, and The Undertaker only showing his face at event that he deems worthy, even though he should have retired instead of pulling this.

But then, you've got great talents like Eugene stuck in fucking horrible gimmicks for way too long and no way out of them! They're not building many future stars which is going to kill them in the long run.

So who should be in the new DX? NO ONE. Go make a new stable out of heel thugs called the Chain Gang lead by John Cena. At least that'd be half original.

The problem is, they've always recycled angles. DX and the like were a takeoff on other people's ideas, and Austin was more or less a happy accident.

The thing is, they don't know how to adapt.

The MAC
07-16-2006, 11:34 AM
the reason dx is a bit "bland" is because they don't have a good opposition. Back in 97 they had the Hart Foundation. These 2 factions brought out the best and the worst in each other. In short DX is boring without someone worthy to to fuck around with.

As for Cena and a stable..nah. "He.cant.wrestle."

RottingFreak
07-16-2006, 11:54 AM
REST IN PIECES:mad:

Xero
07-16-2006, 12:30 PM
The problem is, they've always recycled angles. DX and the like were a takeoff on other people's ideas, and Austin was more or less a happy accident.

The thing is, they don't know how to adapt.
A "Chain Gang" wouldn't exactly be original either, but as you said, they need to know how to adapt everything. It's pretty fucking bad when you're doing an angle, say the Orton/Taker Casket burning, when it's the EXACT SAME SEGMENT with ONE different participant.

There are so many ways you can make an old angle seem new again, and the WWE just doesn't know how.

Kane Knight
07-16-2006, 12:41 PM
the reason dx is a bit "bland" is because they don't have a good opposition. Back in 97 they had the Hart Foundation. These 2 factions brought out the best and the worst in each other. In short DX is boring without someone worthy to to fuck around with.

As for Cena and a stable..nah. "He.cant.wrestle."

The reason DX is bland is because the idea itself is played out, Shawn Michaels is a Christian, and nobody but 5 TPWWers and a handful of relatives give a fuck about either Vince or the Spirit Squad.

Don't blame the opposition entirely, it misses the two biggest factors.

Also, this isn't UFC. This is Sport Entertainment. Someone's wrestling prowess is not the same as their ability to lead a company. The Rock was said to be unable to wrestle. Hogan was. Austin Was (Though it was only really true after an injury). How many other people who "can't wrestle" have been on top of a successful company?

Flashy characters, blatantly gay outfits, and showing off will always trump wrestling skill, because they're still fucking carnies.

Chavo Classic
07-16-2006, 12:41 PM
The school of James E. Cornette says there's a 7 year cycle for gimmicks and angles. Basically put, previous angles and gimmicks can be re-hashed at a minimum of 7 years after they were previously shown as the average turnover of wrestling fan is roughly the same amount of time.

Unfortunately for us, there's already been a DX revival in the last 7 years. Even more unfortunate is the fact that most of us have been fans for much more than 7 years and will continue to do so. So, as pessimistic as it sounds we're all going personally witness plenty of recycled angles, gimmicks and even characters for years to come.

Or you could come back in 7 years and see what's new...

Kane Knight
07-16-2006, 12:43 PM
A "Chain Gang" wouldn't exactly be original either, but as you said, they need to know how to adapt everything. It's pretty fucking bad when you're doing an angle, say the Orton/Taker Casket burning, when it's the EXACT SAME SEGMENT with ONE different participant.

There are so many ways you can make an old angle seem new again, and the WWE just doesn't know how.

To be fair, Taker's shtick has always been carbon copy, so it was bound to be the first to degrade into identical segments.

Corkscrewed
07-16-2006, 06:14 PM
I think the Undertaker would be a great DX member.

He can make people suck his shovel.

IN PEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAACCCEEEE!!!!!

Kane Knight
07-16-2006, 07:01 PM
"Suck it in peace?"

Sounds like necrophilia to me.

Xero
07-16-2006, 07:11 PM
Or a really horny hippy.

Kane Knight
07-16-2006, 07:20 PM
Well, hippies don't ask for blowjobs, because it's like, oppressive to women and stuff.

Xero
07-16-2006, 07:35 PM
Desperate times call for desperate blow jobs.

TakerLover
07-16-2006, 10:09 PM
Taker wouldn't fit in DX, he's not the kind of guy to play jokes, he plays mind games. NOW YOU ALL

will REST IN PEACE X(

Shadow
07-16-2006, 11:52 PM
TL....you got peed on.

Fox
07-17-2006, 01:19 AM
Wasn't that Test and Steiner? Or was that not big enough to qualify as a stable?

Steiner alone is enough to qualify for a stable.