PDA

View Full Version : PLEASE SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOT UFC

The MAC
07-15-2006, 05:26 PM
this is a wrestling forum for fucksake.

....awaits retarded backlash... go for it..

Kane Knight
07-15-2006, 05:55 PM
You should talk about retarded. There have been what? Five threads saying the same thing?

The MAC
07-15-2006, 06:08 PM
apparently no one is paying attention..

James Steele
07-15-2006, 06:16 PM
You should talk about retarded. There have been what? Five threads saying the same thing?
3 Threads, and countless posts.

Rob
07-15-2006, 06:30 PM
You ever notice how wrestling marks can't spell when they get all excited?

Kane Knight
07-15-2006, 06:42 PM
So here's the thing.

If you want to discuss wrestling, discuss wrestling. Making countless threads about threads you don't want to see is not only counterproductive, but utterly fucking retarded. If the most you have to discuss is people discussing UFC, shut the fuck up as you're not adding anything to the forum either. Hopefully this big font will help some of you thick motherfuckers get it.

probably not.

D Mac
07-15-2006, 07:23 PM
WHAT?

Kris P Lettus
07-15-2006, 07:32 PM
I find it funny that there has been more threads bitching about UFC threads than actual UFC threads in the past few days..

Kris P Lettus
07-15-2006, 07:34 PM
Oh, and can we discuss PRIDE FC?? I need your premission since you've been here like 5 minutes, MacGyver007..

Kris P Lettus
07-15-2006, 07:36 PM
Threads about UFC on the first page: 0

Threads bitching about UFC threads on the first page: 3

End of..

Kris P Lettus
07-15-2006, 07:36 PM
Hypocritical bitches..

St. Jimmy
07-15-2006, 07:55 PM
= Completely right.

I'm sure there are countless MMA forums available, and I'm sure people go to them. This is about Pro-Wrestling (Sports Entertainment... whatever.) and if you don't like the Pro-wrestling product, go ahead, bitch about it. Don't just fucking whine about MMA being better than Wrestling. They're not even in the same genre. MMA = Boxing/Amature Wresting. Pro-Wrestling = Sitcom/Reality Show/Soap Opera. It's like comparing apples with testicles... in no way are they the same... unless we're talking about seed. :naughty:

Kane Knight
07-15-2006, 08:20 PM
I'm sure there are countless MMA forums available, and I'm sure people go to them. This is about Pro-Wrestling (Sports Entertainment... whatever.) and if you don't like the Pro-wrestling product, go ahead, bitch about it. Don't just fucking whine about MMA being better than Wrestling. They're not even in the same genre. MMA = Boxing/Amature Wresting. Pro-Wrestling = Sitcom/Reality Show/Soap Opera. It's like comparing apples with testicles... in no way are they the same... unless we're talking about seed. :naughty:

Threads about UFC on the first page: 0

Threads bitching about UFC threads on the first page: 3

End of..
Hypocritical bitches..

Kris P Lettus
07-15-2006, 08:57 PM
I'm sure there are countless MMA forums available, and I'm sure people go to them.

Thing is Triple A, you know, the guy that owns this message board, say we can discuss MMA here.. So, I'm sure there are alot of Pro Wrestling forums availible that don't also discuss MMA, and I'm sure people go to them..

Game.Set.Match.

Kris P Lettus
07-15-2006, 08:58 PM
DOMINO, MOTHERFUCKER

Kane Knight
07-15-2006, 09:14 PM
Thing is Triple A, you know, the guy that owns this message board, say we can discuss MMA here.. So, I'm sure there are alot of Pro Wrestling forums availible that don't also discuss MMA, and I'm sure people go to them..

Game.Set.Match.

Not only that, but the sitre promotes MMS news, TNA AND WWE have challenged UFC, etc., etc.,

And there's not even any real UFC discussion going on.

D Mac
07-15-2006, 09:50 PM
I think it belongs in sports forum IMO but whatever.

Kane Knight
07-15-2006, 10:03 PM
I think it belongs in sports forum IMO but whatever.

I don't really think there's enough of an influx of UFC topics to even merit the debate, but whatever. ;)

Rob
07-16-2006, 08:20 AM
Have any of you actually read the sub headline for this forum?

I'll post it again for the second time I might add.

Discuss news, storylines, or any other wrestling related topic.

Vince McMahon calls his own brand of wrestling "sports entertainment". Does that mean it doesn't belong here?

Where in that line does it limit any discussion to "pro wrestling"?

MMA is wrestling related. Hence "any other wrestling related topic".

If you don't like it, don't read it. If you want to keep bitching about it (and we all know how much wrestling fans on the internet love to bitch) then tell someone who cares because it's a dead issue here.

Ben Rodrigues
07-16-2006, 09:19 AM
I don't get what the big deal is. If your not interested in the UFC topics - don't click them. I don't watch UFC or Pride for that matter - but it doesn't bother me in the slightest having topics about it on the forum. It would seem people just want a reason to complain.

James Steele
07-16-2006, 03:11 PM
:lol:

I started this whole thing, and I am really wishing I didn't.

Rob
07-16-2006, 03:54 PM
By the way, how does the "proud McMahonist" feel about ANOTHER shitty SNME rating?

James Steele
07-16-2006, 04:18 PM
By the way, how does the "proud McMahonist" feel about ANOTHER shitty SNME rating?

McMahonist =/= Investor :p

I enjoyed SNME, so I don't care what the ratings do.

Rob
07-16-2006, 05:17 PM
Good for you. I hope you enjoy the next one too. Well, that's if NBC haven't sent them back to the carny leagues where they belong.

James Steele
07-16-2006, 05:57 PM
Good for you. I hope you enjoy the next one too. Well, that's if NBC haven't sent them back to the carny leagues where they belong.

Touche.

James Steele
07-16-2006, 06:00 PM
I still have faith though Rob.

Kane Knight
07-16-2006, 06:03 PM

That's the thing. I mean, sure, some people might enjoy really shitty, subpar shows, but when the ratings drop, bad things happen. Saturday Night Specials go away. Networks lose interest. Time slots are changed. Less leeway is afforded.

But hey, why should wrestling fans care?

Rob
07-16-2006, 07:35 PM
They shouldn't. Just ask all the WCW and ECW fans.

Kane Knight
07-16-2006, 07:40 PM
Yeah, wrestling will be on TV forever.

Kris P Lettus
07-16-2006, 07:49 PM
JamesSteele, your sig is ridiculously long and quite shitty..

Rob
07-16-2006, 07:50 PM
Cyclicle remember.

Xero
07-16-2006, 07:50 PM
I predict that by 2010 the majority of WWE's programming except for RAW will be online live and taped shows. It would be cheaper for them in the long run and they'd get all the revenue from ads. I could see them being the first to actually make internet TV more mainstream than anyone else.

Xero
07-16-2006, 07:51 PM
JamesSteele, your sig is ridiculously long and quite shitty..
I've always had a long sig and no one's gonna stop me from making it 580,458 pixels high.

Kane Knight
07-16-2006, 07:55 PM
I predict that by 2010 the majority of WWE's programming except for RAW will be online live and taped shows. It would be cheaper for them in the long run and they'd get all the revenue from ads. I could see them being the first to actually make internet TV more mainstream than anyone else.

They'll be pioneers, primarily because of the lack of interest in their TV shows.

Xero
07-16-2006, 08:00 PM
Pretty much, but remember, wrestling was one of the first cable staples in America. They could very well be one of the first major ITV staples, because even when wrestling sucks, there are still millions of fans worldwide. Wrestling will never drop out of the main stream. At worst it'll be the annoying neighbor no one wants to talk to for a while, but they'll always come back and be chummy one day.

Xero
07-16-2006, 08:01 PM
... That was a horrible analogy.

Kane Knight
07-16-2006, 08:04 PM
Wrestling has dropped out of the mainstream.

Xero
07-16-2006, 08:06 PM
It's more on the fringe. I wouldn't say it's gone, just teetering over the edge. I can catch something involving a wrestler on a show or a news story about a wrestler once in a while.

Rob
07-16-2006, 08:07 PM

Until they can host 5 million viewers at once and make profit, they never will do this. Ad revenue is never going to be enough online. And who wants to watch shows on their computer?

Xero
07-16-2006, 08:12 PM
Until they can host 5 million viewers at once and make profit, they never will do this. Ad revenue is never going to be enough online. And who wants to watch shows on their computer?
Is the WWE even making ANY ad revenue? From what I've heard (in the US anyway) they're paying just to be on what they're currently on anyway, and get nothing from ads, just from those "RAW is brought to you by Snickers" things. The majority of what they make is from DVDs and merchandise.

Rob
07-16-2006, 08:17 PM
Yeah but that's only because they fucked up and burnt their bridges with Spike TV so they had no choice but to accept a moody USA deal.

And advertisement space during wrestling TV no matter what the rating is always the fucking cheapest of the cheap. Big companies don't want to spend money trying to attract the scumbag wrestling fan (because that is what they all think we are) to buy anything.

Kane Knight
07-16-2006, 08:23 PM
It's more on the fringe. I wouldn't say it's gone, just teetering over the edge. I can catch something involving a wrestler on a show or a news story about a wrestler once in a while.

It's gone.

You still see mentions of Screech from Saved by the Bell or Slinkies, it doesn't mean they're still pop culture. It means they were pop 10 or 20 years ago.

Kane Knight
07-16-2006, 08:24 PM
Yeah but that's only because they fucked up and burnt their bridges with Spike TV so they had no choice but to accept a moody USA deal.

And advertisement space during wrestling TV no matter what the rating is always the fucking cheapest of the cheap. Big companies don't want to spend money trying to attract the scumbag wrestling fan (because that is what they all think we are) to buy anything.

And yet they pander to the sick fucks who watch Doctor Phil.

Skippord
07-18-2006, 09:38 AM
I watch Dr Phil to make fun of him