PDA

View Full Version : Know what I really wish they'd do?

Kane Knight
07-23-2006, 12:26 PM
You have three brands. WWE, WWE B-Show, and WWE-Velocity live!

And we know that these will always be the tiers.

But, it'd be really cool if three sets of writers were hired, and set to compete towards getting the best ratings. Some sort of incentive program to put on the best show. Let them run semi-autonomous, and so on.

It'd never happen, because Vince hates competition, but could you imagine how much ass it'd kick if the brands really competed?

Pepsi Man
07-23-2006, 12:35 PM
Yeah, onair, they acted like that's what they were going for when they first started the brand extention [real competition], but if there seriously were competition among the brands, and no real protection from Vince for one brand against another, we could see some pretty cool shit.

Gotta get away from interpromotional storylines and so much talent switching, though.

Corkscrewed
07-23-2006, 01:04 PM
That would be great--as long as the writers still weren't morons with no wrestling writing experience.

loopydate
07-23-2006, 05:58 PM
Good call, KK. Financial incentives for ratings would definitely inspire me to not rehash decades-old storylines that didn't work the first time.

Just out of curiosity, who would you have head each show?

Here's mine:

RAW - Eric Bischoff
ECW - Paul Heyman (of course)
SD! - Ted DiBiase

Give the McMahons veto power so that Vince doesn't feel totally emasculated, but having the three shows run differently would certainly make things more interesting.

The One
07-23-2006, 06:02 PM
Loopy got it. I drool at the thought of that.

Kane Knight
07-23-2006, 06:25 PM
That would be great--as long as the writers still weren't morons with no wrestling writing experience.

One man has torpedoed my dreams. :'(

Pepsi Man
07-23-2006, 11:32 PM
Nah, I'd be willing to wager that if properly motivated, those morons with no wrestling writing experience could pick it up pretty quickly.

Kane Knight
07-23-2006, 11:39 PM
Yeah, I think so too. I think if there was any reason for them to compete, they would get loads better, whether or not they're in the biz. I think there's no way this could actually hurt them, short of Vince stepping in.

But it's fun to joke.

Arnold HamNegger
07-24-2006, 07:46 PM
I think if there was any reason for them to compete, they would get loads better, whether or not they're in the biz.

Especially if at the end of the year, the writers on the lowest rated show got fired....sorry, I mean.....FFFFIIIIRRREEEDDD!!

This is a great idea, which unfortunately, is why it'll never happen.

Savio
07-24-2006, 07:52 PM
Have Vince Russo run SD! loopy.

loopydate
07-24-2006, 09:00 PM
He might as well. Couldn't do much worse.

Hanso Amore
07-24-2006, 10:44 PM
In the Spanish Super Leagues in soccer they have multiple levels. those who finish as the bottom 3 get demoted, and replaced by the top 3 of the league below it. The WWE could adopt sort of this idea with a 3 level show.

Only problem being, who would want to watch the losers on the "C" show.