PDA

View Full Version : When do you know a WWE PPV will suck?

Xero
07-23-2006, 01:02 PM
When your World Championship match is beat out by a Bra and Panties match by over a full percentage on a WWE.com mark poll.

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g122/sandman3g/Wrestling/gabpoll.gif

Innovator
07-23-2006, 01:03 PM
They already had the match on Smackdown, why pay to see it again?

Xero
07-23-2006, 01:06 PM
They already had the match on Smackdown, why pay to see it again?
I don't know about YOU, but I'd rather see Rey/Booker than a Poontang Prison match and a bra and panties match. I mean, I could see if it was second, but this is just sad.

6to1
07-23-2006, 05:38 PM
well with all the crappy wrestlers geting hurt this ppv is geting beter. i would take kenedy and show over henry and the other dude anyday.

loopydate
07-23-2006, 06:13 PM
That's a fair point 6to1. Although I would have liked to see Lashley in the US Title match, the show is better for having Kennedy and Show in place of Henry and Khali.

The One
07-23-2006, 06:15 PM
I had no interest in buying this PPV, but with Khali, Henry, and Lashley (just don't like him) I actually plan on oriding it later. I think Finley/Regal could be worth the price of admission alone if done right...

McLegend
07-23-2006, 06:20 PM
I think this PPV will end up actually being very good. Don;t know if it is worth $40.00 though

Innovator
07-23-2006, 06:49 PM
I don't know about YOU, but I'd rather see Rey/Booker than a Poontang Prison match and a bra and panties match. I mean, I could see if it was second, but this is just sad.Don't get me wrong, a Booker/Rey match will win me over 10 times out of 10...but they just wrestled on Friday Night. From a casual fan perspective, why pay 40 bucks for something you saw for free?

Innovator
07-23-2006, 06:50 PM
I had no interest in buying this PPV, but with Khali, Henry, and Lashley (just don't like him) I actually plan on oriding it later. I think Finley/Regal could be worth the price of admission alone if done right...Finlay vs. Regal & the tag title match can be worth the price of admission, if both matches are given more than 10 minutes

6to1
07-23-2006, 06:58 PM
That's a fair point 6to1. Although I would have liked to see Lashley in the US Title match, the show is better for having Kennedy and Show in place of Henry and Khali.
yea i like lashley but the problem with 2 heels and a face is the 1st 2/3rds is squash matchthen the heels turn on each other, an the face comes back. this way the heels can have a good match against each other and brake up bookers cort.

Kane Knight
07-23-2006, 07:53 PM
yea i like lashley but the problem with 2 heels and a face is the 1st 2/3rds is squash matchthen the heels turn on each other, an the face comes back. this way the heels can have a good match against each other and brake up bookers cort.

Okay, first, Booker's court should not be broken up yet. It's sometrhing that works.

Second, and more important, Lashley vs two heels would be more appropriate if treated as a handicap match. They've shown time and again that Lashely can just EXPLODE. HE doesn't need two heels to turn on one another.

If they were smart, they'd simply have an opening for him to drop one happen, he explodes on the both of them, and then if he's to win, that's all she wrote. If Booker's subjects are to win, they can pull it out any number of ways.

But this? This heel/heel match is pretty much defeating the point of the original match.

PullMyFinger
07-23-2006, 08:27 PM
Smackdown PPV aint worth more than 15 bucks or 20.

Stickman
07-24-2006, 03:31 PM
Smackdown PPV aint worth more than 15 bucks or 20.

Neither is a Raw only PPV