PDA

View Full Version : A Better Look At The SDCC Exclusive TRANSFORMERS Teaser Posters!!

Joey Slugs
07-24-2006, 05:53 PM
Here's a good look at the two TRANSFORMERS Comic Con exclusive "mini one sheets" that were unveiled this weekend in San Diego.

They kind of speak for themselves...simple, and to the point. The Autobots logo, the Decepticon logo, and a release date.

Groovy...

http://www.aintitcool.com/images2006/TFauto.jpg

http://www.aintitcool.com/images2006/TFdecept.jpg

ClockShot
07-24-2006, 06:00 PM
Is it just me, or does the Autobot insignia look different?

Kane Knight
07-24-2006, 09:11 PM
It's pretty much the same

LoDownM
07-25-2006, 11:44 PM
Yeah it's the same.

I swear this movie better not fucking end up sucking :mad:

Kalyx triaD
07-26-2006, 04:38 PM
Since the military's gonne be featured pretty heavily I'd use that chance to hint at a GI Joe spinoff movie. GI Joe/Transformers (Vol.1) meshed them pretty well.

srnrew
08-15-2006, 12:54 AM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/d/d4/Megalitho_20thanniv.jpg

Kalyx triaD
08-15-2006, 06:55 PM
Badass art. Is that Pat or Dan's work?

Kane Knight
09-04-2006, 04:56 PM
From Sci Fi...

Transformers Details Revealed

SCI FI Wire got a rare peek at the production of director Michael Bay's upcoming Transformers movie in downtown Los Angeles on Aug. 26, including the first up-close look at the disguised versions of four key Autobots: the chartreuse search-and-rescue vehicle Ratchet, the giant black GMC 4x4 Ironhide, the sleek silver Pontiac Solstice sports car that is Jazz and the muscle-y yellow-and-black Chevy Camaro that is the new Bumblebee—so new that the car in the movie is a prototype for a vehicle that hasn't even gone into production yet. Ironhide had an Autobot logo on his tailgate; Ratchet featured a fire department seal on its doors with the same logo in the design.

In interviews with cast and crew, SCI FI Wire also got a preview of the film and learned a few key spoilers:

•The film will offer background about the origin of the war between the Autobots and Decepticons. The plot will be set in motion when 18-year-old Sam Witwicky (Shia LaBeouf) discovers his grandfather's pair of century-old glasses, improbably laser-etched with a map and information about the location of a key artifact, the "Energon" cube, which he then tries to sell on eBay. The movie will follow five separate storylines, which will all converge with a final battle between the Autobots and Decepticons, starting at Hoover Dam and ending in an American city that looks a lot like Los Angeles.

•The film is seeking permission to be the first production to film the exterior of the Pentagon since the terrorist attacks of Sept. 11, 2001; the movie will also shoot in various cities, including L.A., Chicago, Detroit and Washington.

•The film will feature a top-secret military unit called Sector 7.

•Voice casting of the Transformer robots is being left until later in the production, except for Peter Cullen, who was previously named to reprise his role as Optimus Prime. In particular, producers wouldn't say whether Frank Welker, who voiced Megatron in the 1986 animated Transformers film, would voice the character in the movie.

•The movie will use a mix of computer animation and large-scale puppetry to depict the giant robots. Megatron will appear as a plane, not a giant gun, as he did in early versions of the franchise.

•The film's first full trailer will appear sometime during the holiday season this year.

Overall, director Bay told SCI FI Wire that the movie strives for realism, despite its cartoony origins. "I only wanted to do Transformers if I could do it realistic," Bay said in an interview. "And from what I've seen and what we've done with our digital studies, putting it in real-world stuff, that is lots of effects around that are real effects, that's how we make it realistic." When Bay got the first call from producer Steven Spielberg, he said, "My first thought was, 'Nah, I'm not interested.' And just because I thought, 'OK, how am I going to do a toy movie?' And then I realized, when I went to Hasbro, 'OK, start over and go for [a] realistic alien-invasion-robot movie on Earth.' And so, with that thinking in mind, that's how I went about it."

On a hot Saturday, Bay and his crew shot a scene on a blocked-off street in the heart of downtown L.A. The scene featured the four Autobots, accompanied by military crews led by co-stars Tyrese Gibson and Josh Duhamel, and young stars LaBeouf and Megan Fox, who plays Mikaela, LaBeouf's love interest. In the scene, the commandoes see what they believe to be Air Force jets flying overhead, then realize that the coming flying machines are something else—Decepticons in disguise?—and throw smoke grenades to obscure their positions as dozens of civilians run screaming around them. Ironhide, the black truck in the lead of the column of Autobots, appears to collide with a delivery truck carrying Furbys (the talking furry animal toys that are also made by Transformers maker Hasbro). The truck is on a gimbal, which allows it to swing up and stand perpendicular to the street, as if knocked on its end

<sfw_hr>. The idea is that the Furbys will be knocked from the truck, in flames, then activate when the Energon cube flies overhead. "We just wanted to have burning Furbys on the ground, you know?" Bay said with a laugh. "We're going to be blowing up a lot of little Furbys." Transformers is currently in production, with an eye to a July 4, 2007, release. —Patrick Lee, News Editor (scifiwire@scifi.com)</sfw_hr>

Kalyx triaD
09-04-2006, 06:03 PM
As with all the others news I get on this. I'm happy and worried at the same time.

ClockShot
09-04-2006, 08:27 PM
From Sci Fi...

the muscle-y yellow-and-black Chevy Camaro that is the new Bumblebee—so new that the car in the movie is a prototype for a vehicle that hasn't even gone into production yet.

•The movie will use a mix of computer animation and large-scale puppetry to depict the giant robots. Megatron will appear as a plane, not a giant gun, as he did in early versions of the franchise.

:wtf:

Shivers ran down my spine after reading this.

Kalyx triaD
09-05-2006, 12:40 AM
Megatron being a Cybertronian aircraft doesn't bother me. He's been all sorts of stuff lately.

Bumblebee kinda hits hard. I mean he has to be a Beetle. Otherwise he's just that punkass replacement 'junior autobot' Hotshot.

ClockShot
09-05-2006, 05:31 PM
http://www.bargainnews.com/photos/1016D2297.jpg

This should be Bumblebee!

Not this.

http://www.chevy-camaro.com/images/GM_Camaro_concept_01.jpg

Kane Knight
09-06-2006, 09:34 AM
They just want royalties for product placement. I bet they're getting more off the new model.

Kalyx triaD
09-06-2006, 12:38 PM
Damn shame. Bumblebee had the perfect personality/vehicle combo. I don't underestimate or feel sorry for a Camero; concept Camero at that.

Nervous Ferret
09-07-2006, 11:33 PM
Randy: How great would it be if one of those trucks were actually Optimus Prime?

Impact!
09-08-2006, 04:35 AM
I wanted Megatron to be a gun :(

Kalyx triaD
09-08-2006, 11:44 AM
I wanted Megatron to be a gun :(

I would've prefered a tank. A tank fits him. I loved it in the War Within comics. It was also used to introduce him in the G2 line as a green fatigued tank.

Blitz
09-11-2006, 03:38 AM
Found this. I guess it's from the movie?

http://www.thatlitevideosite.com/view/3249

Kalyx triaD
09-11-2006, 12:34 PM
At best it's a test shot of a transforming sequence with a place holder character. It's already been said that the robots won't look that much like their 'boxy' cartoon designs so that's not from the movie. And it seems to try to hard to make it look like a leaked ILM vid. There's a bunch of transformer vids that are merely commercials and that maybe one of them.

Me thinks it's a fake, but otherwise cool little clip of... something.

LoDownM
09-11-2006, 05:25 PM
:wtf: @ the bumblebee being a camero..

This movie is sadly gonna suck :(

ClockShot
12-15-2006, 05:33 PM
Well. Here's the first production pic.

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=480 align=center border=0><TBODY><TR height=30><TD align=middle><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=center noWrap height=30>http://us.movies1.yimg.com/movies.yahoo.com/images/hv/photo/movie_pix/paramount_pictures/transformers/scorponok_big.jpg</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
It's supposed to be Tyreese Gibson running from Scorponok.

KillerWolf
12-18-2006, 08:58 AM
guys.

i'm not looking for trouble here. i'm not flaming anyone, and i'm not trying to start a fight.

but this is the kinda shit i'm talking about. a fucking Transformers movie. and you all are psyched for this!

seriously, i'm not trying to be Ebert and Roper here. but realisticly speaking, what is the likelyhood that this is going to be a watchable movie for anyone over the age of 10. and be realistic.

ClockShot
12-18-2006, 09:16 AM
The trailer looked really good. But when Bumblebee is going to be that Camaro a few posts, I thought well, it might still be good. But know I see this new picture of what looks like Scorponok and TYREESE GIBSON! Now I'm really worried.

Blitz
12-20-2006, 05:09 PM
New trailer

http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/transformers.html

ClockShot
12-20-2006, 08:55 PM
By the looks of it, they did a pretty good job on Optimus Prime. Screens were moving to fast to recognize anyone else. Minus Bumblebee and Scorponok.

Shaggy
12-22-2006, 03:15 PM
the new trailer looks like shit....I know for sure now that I will wait for this one...Die Hard will get my money on opening weekend

Kalyx triaD
01-27-2007, 04:35 PM
Optimus Prime (http://media.movies.ign.com/media/568/568421/img_4282333.html)

Fignuts
01-27-2007, 05:11 PM
Transformers, Spider-man 3, and Fantastic Four 2.

God, this summer is gonna kick all kinds of ass.

Fignuts
01-27-2007, 05:31 PM
guys.

i'm not looking for trouble here. i'm not flaming anyone, and i'm not trying to start a fight.

but this is the kinda shit i'm talking about. a fucking Transformers movie. and you all are psyched for this!

seriously, i'm not trying to be Ebert and Roper here. but realisticly speaking, what is the likelyhood that this is going to be a watchable movie for anyone over the age of 10. and be realistic.

The majority of movie-goers who will go and see this don't take these kinds of movies as seriously as people like yourself. Like I'm not trying to rip on you or anything, but from what I've seen you take these action movies way too seriously.

Transformers while originally meant for kids, has fans of all ages these days. And anyone who watched the cartoon as a kid would love to see this as well. It is possible for a movie to be enjoyable for all ages. You think Pixar makes millions on just kids? How about any comic book movie?

Looking at that trailer and those pics, I am very optimistic about this film. People need to stop being so cynical and just relax.

Jeritron
01-27-2007, 05:50 PM
This movie scares me. I'll probably end up seeing it right away, just because its Transformers and they'll probably keep what they look like a secret to lure in people. I'm a pawn to hollywood sometimes, but at least I know it.
But yea, the summer should be good. I'm more pumped about Spidey, Grindhouse, The Simpsons Movie and the rest.

Jeritron
01-27-2007, 05:51 PM
Should be huge at the box office. I have big expectations for box office for The Simpsons Movie, hopefully I'm not wrong. Plus Spidey 3 and Pirates will rake in the dough. Transformers will be a hit as long as word of mouth doesn't kill it.

Lara Emily
01-27-2007, 08:53 PM
Transformers, Spider-man 3, and Fantastic Four 2.

God, this summer is gonna kick all kinds of ass.
Except for the fact that 2 of those 3 have a history of crap attached to them (bay blows as a director and FF 1 was fucking terrible)

Jeritron
01-27-2007, 09:03 PM
Thats exactly what I was thinking. Transformers would have a small chance if any of trasnlating well onto the silver screen in live action. Those chances are made even slimmer with Michael Bay at the helm. I will reserve judgement until I see it, but it's likely going to be both a bad movie and a disgrace to fans.
As for its financial success, its going to be really dependent on reviews and word of mouth. They're going to need positive things after the first weekend. People will turn out the first weekend, but it could be a huge dropoff if word gets out that it sucks and Spiderman 3, Pirates, Die Hard 4 and whatever else are playing for summer blockbusters.

Fignuts
01-27-2007, 09:09 PM
I wouldn't call FF terrible. It definitly did some things wrong, namely Dr. Doom, but I still found it enjoyable for the Thing and Human Torch's scenes. I think they made a mistake in casting someone as young as Alba for Invisible Woman. Susan Storm has always been a much stronger, maternal character.

Dr. Doom is pegged to return. Hopefully with him sent to Latveria in the last movie, he'll return as a character closer to his comic counterpart. That said, the sequel has potential to be really good.

Pinnacle Charisma
01-27-2007, 09:40 PM
I dont know if anyone else caught this (if you watching 24 you would) but

AGENT FUCKING AARON PIECE WAS IN IT

ClockShot
01-27-2007, 10:33 PM
Optimus Prime (http://media.movies.ign.com/media/568/568421/img_4282333.html)

I could live with that. I think he should be a bit more bulky.

But I can't make a real judgement with that picture.

Kalyx triaD
01-28-2007, 06:34 PM
Far as I can tell with the pic, they're going with a mecha-type style. The geek in me misses the windshield/chest thing that's always been Prime, but otherwise I'm good with it.

TBH, he could be bulkier, being the leader and all that.

Lara Emily
01-29-2007, 04:29 AM
I wouldn't call FF terrible. It definitly did some things wrong, namely Dr. Doom, but I still found it enjoyable for the Thing and Human Torch's scenes. I think they made a mistake in casting someone as young as Alba for Invisible Woman. Susan Storm has always been a much stronger, maternal character.

Dr. Doom is pegged to return. Hopefully with him sent to Latveria in the last movie, he'll return as a character closer to his comic counterpart. That said, the sequel has potential to be really good.

Torch and Thing were pretty good but that's only 2 out of 5 important characters and the other 3 were so terrible that the bad eclipses the good.

I don't know how you can say the sequel has potential to be really good, it's the same director, one of the same writters and the new writter has done such amazing works as My Super-Ex Girlfriend (incidently his only theatrical film writing credit)

Kalyx triaD
02-02-2007, 11:37 AM
Blackout, Optimus, poor Starscream, and Scorp-e-nok. (http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showthread.php?t=108437)

Right when I'm getting used to the robot modes I see a bloated Starscream.

ClockShot
02-02-2007, 04:16 PM
Wasn't Blackout a car? What cartoon series did this 'chopper appear in?

And here I'm thinking the Helicoptor would be Springer, Evac, Vortex. Guess I was wrong. Now I gotta do some research.

Blitz
02-02-2007, 05:45 PM
Was the flame deco really necessary for Optimus? :-\

ClockShot
02-02-2007, 08:50 PM
Was the flame deco really necessary for Optimus? :-\

It could be worse. They could have made him the firetruck. That would really piss off the fanbase.

Jeritron
02-02-2007, 09:00 PM
They'll find something else to bitch about.
I'm not even a transformers fan, and I'll go on record as saying this is a bad idea, as a movie and no matter what the fans will have beef.

Fignuts
02-02-2007, 10:18 PM
They'll find something else to bitch about.
I'm not even a transformers fan, and I'll go on record as saying this is a bad idea, as a movie and no matter what the fans will have beef.

Yeah, nevermind the fact that it will make a shit load of money at the box office no matter how bad it might turn out. Terrible idea.

And name one movie which is adapted from a comic or game or whatever, wher the the fanbase didn't find a ton of things to shit on. Most hardcore fans of franchises like this go into these movies to look for something to bitch about.

Seriously, its amazing how much criticism can be layed towards a movie that hasn't even come out.

Jeritron
02-03-2007, 01:54 AM
A live action transformers movie directed by Michael Bay. Honestly, I'll see it then judge it. But if you were a betting man would you put money on it being bearable?

LoDownM
02-03-2007, 03:22 AM
I'm going to see it to see it. I'll bitch about things wrong after watching it the 2nd time.

Fignuts
02-03-2007, 01:47 PM
A live action transformers movie directed by Michael Bay. Honestly, I'll see it then judge it. But if you were a betting man would you put money on it being bearable?

Yes, because I don't take big budget action movies as seriously as some of the anal internet movie-blogger wannabes that populate the internet.

Seriously, I've said this a million times. If you go into these movies and watch them for what they are, and not what you think they should be, then you will enjoy yourself a lot more.

Jeritron
02-03-2007, 02:09 PM
I do that. I actual employ that philosophy too. With that being said, this is a basic action/adventure popcorn summer flick......unfortunately Michael Bay makes these shitty too, and Spiderman 3, Die Hard 4, Pirates, and other series have more potential.
I will see this, I will judge it for what it is, but I just dont see it being good, even for its genre.

Honestly, I usually never bash movies before they come out, and I never hold them to a standard they aren't intended to be, and like you I hate when people do this. But for some reason I despise the idea and potential of this movie, and I have since I heard it was coming out. I'll see it with an open mind (honestly) and hopefully it suprises me. Either way I'll llike to see the transformers themsevles

Kalyx triaD
02-09-2007, 09:46 PM
All the images you need. (http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=358&order=desc)

I'm officially starting to be comfortable with the 'Ameri-Mecha' designs.

Megatron's final form will be a Stealth Bomber. The sole Constructicon atleast looks pretty badass.

ClockShot
02-10-2007, 10:27 AM
By the looks of things. They got Jazz pretty much spot on. Still dissapointed about Bumblebee.

Soundwave better be in this movie.....

Kalyx triaD
02-10-2007, 10:23 PM
Don't bet on Soundwave, though they say he has a big part in sequel concepts. Either way, he won't be a cassette player.

Kalyx triaD
03-13-2007, 09:53 PM
http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/imagehosting/4418245f72a9eb4347.jpg

Starscream
Optimus Prime - Ironhide - Ratchet - Barricade
Bumblebee - Jazz

Destor
03-13-2007, 10:20 PM
guys.

seriously, i'm not trying to be Ebert and Roper here. but realisticly speaking, what is the likelyhood that this is going to be a watchable movie for anyone over the age of 10. and be realistic.I know. This looks lke a disaster waiting to happen for everyone other than the studio...

94 SVT Cobra
03-20-2007, 12:11 AM
....Robots in disguise