PDA

View Full Version : ECW direction [ Possible Spoilers ]

Ben Rodrigues
07-28-2006, 05:45 PM
Don't know if this has been said - and if so - i don't care. After finally getting a chance to watch ECW on Sci-Fi with Heyman attacking ECW originals, are they going with an Old School ECW vs New Blood storyline? If they are, though not very original, it has the ability to play out extremely well granted someone high up doesn't fuck it up.

Hanso Amore
07-28-2006, 06:11 PM
I don't think that is what they are going for. That hasn't really been addressed, although it does look like it. Its just a heyman vs Dreamer dued right now, with Test as his gun. Then I guess Knox is in, because of this last show.

its funny, the 2 guys that heyman was said to have been big on coming to ECW are now his guns.

Ben Rodrigues
07-28-2006, 06:29 PM
Not giving Sabu the shot? Screwing Van Dam out of the ECW Title? Attacking Little Guido?

ron the dial
07-28-2006, 07:34 PM
I think it's fairly obvious that they are setting up an Old vs. New feud. The old guys are getting shit on right now to up the sympathy factor in the eyes of new fans. The new guys are being pushed as dominant so they seem to have a legitimate chance when it comes down to a feud. I'm just hoping that the inclusion of Extreme Rules in every match comes out of this.

Mr. Nerfect
07-28-2006, 09:09 PM
Hopefully it is going to play out like that. I've been calling it ever since Big Show won the ECW Title. Right now you have Big Show, Test, Mike Knox, Fertig, Ariel, Doug Basham and Danny Basham on the New Blood side. It will be interesting to see what they do with guys who can be considered both. Shannon Moore and CM Punk will probably play opposites, with Moore joining Heyman and Punk joining old-ECW.

If ECW had a PPV tomorrow, here is what I believe the card would look like:

ECW World Heavyweight Championship
Big Show vs. Sabu

Extreme Rules Tag Team Match
Tommy Dreamer & The Sandman vs. Test & Mike Knox

Women's Match
Jazz vs. Ariel

Tag Team Match
The FBI vs. The Basham Brothers

Extreme Rules Match
Justin Credible vs. Balls Mahoney

Singles Match
Fertig vs. Al Snow

Singles Match
Shannon Moore vs. CM Punk

That they can fill seven match slots is pretty amazing. When Rob Van Dam and Kurt Angle return, things could be pretty awesome. I must confess, I do want ECW to end, though. I want to see Shannon Moore in the Cruiserweight Division, Fertig in a WWE ring, Justin Credible in DX, etc. That I am still more interested in the prospect of it failing, shows that ECW still isn't there.

Xero
07-28-2006, 09:24 PM
Maybe they'll do an Elimination match at the Survior Series...

Big Show, One of the Bashams, Test, CM Punk, Sandman vs. RVD, Sabu, Tommy Dreamer, Justin Credible, Kurt Angle

Note that I have added one New Blood to the Old School side (Angle) and one old-schooler to the New Blood (Sandman) because that's how WWE works, they will almost always throw a swerve like this into big stable-type feuds.

However, I could also see them turning Dreamer to the New Blood, saying that he and Paul were behind the whole thing, which would switch Dreamer and Sandman.

Skippord
07-29-2006, 12:39 AM
Fertig is my hero

Blitz
07-29-2006, 12:41 AM
Vampire rules.

St. Jimmy
07-29-2006, 12:41 AM
I hope Sonjay Dutt wins the ECW title. He makes me ever so wet.

:shifty:

Skippord
07-29-2006, 12:44 AM
GAAAAAAAAAH FUCK DUTT

Skippord
"Fastest wrestler in the world" :foc:

Skippord
That smiley is adorable

Afterlife
07-30-2006, 09:03 PM
Hopefully it is going to play out like that. I've been calling it ever since Big Show won the ECW Title. Right now you have Big Show, Test, Mike Knox, Fertig, Ariel, Doug Basham and Danny Basham on the New Blood side. It will be interesting to see what they do with guys who can be considered both. Shannon Moore and CM Punk will probably play opposites, with Moore joining Heyman and Punk joining old-ECW.

Big Show vs. Sabu

Women's Match
Jazz vs. Ariel

Tag Team Match

Extreme Rules Match

Singles Match
Fertig vs. Al Snow

Singles Match

That they can fill seven match slots is pretty amazing. When Rob Van Dam and Kurt Angle return, things could be pretty awesome. I must confess, I do want ECW to end, though. I want to see Shannon Moore in the Cruiserweight Division, Fertig in a WWE ring, Justin Credible in DX, etc. That I am still more interested in the prospect of it failing, shows that ECW still isn't there.

What...no Stevie?

Corkscrewed
07-30-2006, 11:04 PM
I don't have enough faith in the writers to hope that they're actually setting up an intra-fed feud between the old and the new guys.

I just don't. It's not gonna happen. I'd love for it to happen, but somewhere along the line, a storyline will be dropped, or plans will be changed, and the house of cards will fall apart because of someone's ego.

At least that's what's happened on RAW and SD for the past five years.

RP
07-30-2006, 11:06 PM
Whats Chris Benoit doing these days? He was a ECW guy. What if these Smackdown guys challenging Show end with Benoit challenging him and taking the ECW title?

St. Jimmy
07-30-2006, 11:19 PM
Whats Chris Benoit doing these days? He was a ECW guy. What if these Smackdown guys challenging Show end with Benoit challenging him and taking the ECW title?

I think Chris is working on the first stage of his Undertaker contract. I'm sure he'll show up when there's some assinine fued for him.

Hanso Amore
07-30-2006, 11:39 PM

Big Show vs. Sabu

Women's Match
Jazz vs. Ariel

Tag Team Match

Extreme Rules Match

Singles Match
Fertig vs. Al Snow

Singles Match

How do Moore and Punk count as "Either". They are both NEW ECW. Your Punk love is pitiful. Somehow his "Greatness: trancends all time and space and makes him a member of ECW when he never was.

He is just as much new blood as Test and Knox...

What Would Kevin Do?
07-31-2006, 12:28 AM
How do Moore and Punk count as "Either". They are both NEW ECW. Your Punk love is pitiful. Somehow his "Greatness: trancends all time and space and makes him a member of ECW when he never was.

He is just as much new blood as Test and Knox...

It's not that hard to understand really. Punk would fit in with the "Old" ECW simply because he wouldn't fit/follow/conform to Heyman's idea of the "New" ECW. There is afterall no reason to believe that every new star they bring in with have those ideals and try to destroy the old ideals. Punk can respect the old ECW, and by doing so, get on Heyman's hitlist, making him Heyman's enemy.

darkpower
07-31-2006, 05:20 AM
This would actually fit in really well, too, if they end up doing what I'm thinking they would be doing if the nWo thing is true (see the tread about the Survivor Series for info), and they have DX on RAW, nWo on SmackDown (I could see nWo being a better fit for SmackDown anyway), and New Blood on ECW (what that stable should be called if it holds ground). That would make all three brands have solid stables that could turn out to be gold for the WWE.

Looks like the WWE has finally realized that people still enjoy stables.