PDA

View Full Version : Know what'd be fun?

Kane Knight
02-07-2004, 01:09 PM
Though it would never happen, and would have problems...

Brand-specific video games. Raw- and Smackdown- brand video games specific to Raw and Smackdown.

I'm not saying it's happen, or that the idea is perfect, but it'd be fun.

Silent
02-07-2004, 01:50 PM
No, I would hate that..that would mean more money I would have to spend to get all the wrestlers I want to play as and against..

Kane Knight
02-07-2004, 02:04 PM
You mean kinda like you had to do back when there was more than one wrestling organization out there?

Kristanna Vola
02-07-2004, 02:16 PM
I think it would be cool, if the games where both 25 dollars each (maybe come in a double pack) but like you said Kane it won't happen

Kane Knight
02-07-2004, 02:24 PM
I think it would be cool, if the games where both 25 dollars each (maybe come in a double pack) but like you said Kane it won't happen

They'd also almost certainly charge full price apeice.

On the other hand, you have Devil May Cry 2 with a Dante disc and a Lucia Disc...

The same idea'd be kinda cool to apply here...a Raw disc and a Smackdown! Disc...\

Possibly even some overlap, like the GBC Zelda games.
Of course, it'd totally fu</>ck the concept of crossover (Not that I totally mind that), and it'd require they not use the same sstorylines for both groups (On of the major problems I have with SD:HCTP)

Kristanna Vola
02-07-2004, 02:34 PM
Yeah I got problems with that for HCTP. You would think that maybe they would have a different story mode between SD and Raw. :shifty:

Long as the next one you can play on-line. I'll be buying it :y:

Conspiracy Victim Vito
02-07-2004, 03:53 PM
<font color=goldenrod>There's no way in hell I'd pay for it unless each one costed half of a full price, or full price if both games come in one box.

The only good things that I could see coming out of it is the fact that with one game for each brand, there's a likely chance that every wrestler on the active WWE roster would be in one of the games.

Another cool feature could be the use of memory cards. Say you put in the Raw disk. Imagine there being an option called "Roster Edit". From here on one side you'd have a list of all the Raw wrestlers and on the other all the SmackDown wrestlers. Imagine being able to make "trades" between the games. Like, say on the Raw side you selected Rob Van Dam and on the Smackdown side you select John Cena. Save the game on memory card and voila, when you go to the character select screen you have Cena in the game instead of RVD.

Then if you put in the Smackdown disk (w/ the same memory card used in the Raw disk) , RVD would be a selectable character instead of John Cena. This would be a cool feature because you could customize the brand extension to your liking AND you'd have the entire WWE roster at your disposal, so you wouldn't have to waste CAW space creating guys left out.</font>

loopydate
02-07-2004, 04:31 PM
I like the idea of a two-disc set. Same game (as far as control and all that), but with complete rosters on each disc, and different storylines.

Of course, they'd never do this, but it would be incredible. In fact, I'd even be willing to pay a LITTLE extra for such a set. If they sell HCTP for $50, I'd pay $60-$75 (NOT $100) for a two-disc SmackDown/RAW game.

Kane Knight
02-07-2004, 04:43 PM
I like the idea of a two-disc set. Same game (as far as control and all that), but with complete rosters on each disc, and different storylines.

Of course, they'd never do this, but it would be incredible. In fact, I'd even be willing to pay a LITTLE extra for such a set. If they sell HCTP for $50, I'd pay $60-$75 (NOT $100) for a two-disc SmackDown/RAW game.

Yeah, 100 bucks would be unfeasible for me too.

Kristanna Vola
02-07-2004, 04:57 PM
yeah, 75 dollars at it's peak.

Kane Knight
02-07-2004, 11:22 PM
yeah, 75 dollars at it's peak.

Yeah, and even that's kinda stiff.

This is one of the logistics behind saying there would be problems, for sure.

Head
02-07-2004, 11:37 PM
Meh. I like being able to have Jericho vs. Angle on HCTP.

Silent
02-09-2004, 07:47 PM
You mean kinda like you had to do back when there was more than one wrestling organization out there?

I didn't/still don't care about WCW wrestlers :p and ECW never had a really good game.

WWF 4 life!!!!11

Head
02-10-2004, 12:52 AM
I really wouldn't mind the WWE coming out with their own version of a "Legends of Wrestling" game.

Hey, they own the rights to all ECW, AWA, and WCW trademarks now, so I wouldn't mind seeing the WWE come out with somthing really creative to take advantage of them.

Mighty Big Plug
02-10-2004, 12:52 AM

But each organization had a big roster. Smackdown and Raw don't each have big rosters....even combined I think the roster's rather small.

Penner
02-10-2004, 12:54 AM
they should wrestlemon smackdown and wrestlemon raw and you have to use a link cable to trade your favorite wrestlers to your bestest friends!

Kane Knight
02-10-2004, 01:27 AM
And your wrestlers could evolve into stronger and better forms...

Kane Knight
You know, as long as HHHmon wasn't active.

Kane Knight
:shifty:

Kane Knight
02-10-2004, 01:28 AM
I really wouldn't mind the WWE coming out with their own version of a "Legends of Wrestling" game.

Hey, they own the rights to all ECW, AWA, and WCW trademarks now, so I wouldn't mind seeing the WWE come out with somthing really creative to take advantage of them.

Yeah, it'd be nice if they did SOMETHING with 'em.

Kane Knight
02-10-2004, 01:31 AM
But each organization had a big roster. Smackdown and Raw don't each have big rosters....even combined I think the roster's rather small.

Since they can't seem to do a complete (or nearly so) roster on Smackdown, I'm not totally focusing on that as an issue.

I probably would, you know, if Smackdown! had had about 40 more of the wrestlers they were missing.

The WWE's had like the biggest pool of talent in pro wrestling for a while. Be nice to see 'em do something with it...

Shaggy
02-18-2004, 11:23 PM
That would be good for WWE to do if they wanted money. But I dont think anyone would buy it. Today we have Raw and Smackdown and both have superstars form both shows all for the same price but if they split the games up and seperate the rosters then fans wouldnt get what they payed for. Now say if both games came out like at $20 a piece that would be great but the Raw superstars are better than Smackdown so it would have its alliegence. But then on the other hand Smackdown is a better game than Raw. God that would suck.

Kane Knight
02-19-2004, 12:30 AM
Uhhhh...People bought WWE CRUSH HOUR...

Yeah, nobody would buy this...:roll: