PDA

View Full Version : favorite Final Fantasy "Final Level"

OssMan
07-29-2006, 04:25 PM
Dunno been interested in the final levels of these games recently since I've been in 3 in the past 2 months and I cant beat two of them, but pick your fav. </>

OssMan
07-29-2006, 04:35 PM
Plus Final Fantasy Tactics: Murond Death City

Boomer
07-29-2006, 05:59 PM
I don't think I could choose, but FF1 was ridiculous. I felt so accomplished beating that final level. So many ridiculous monsters. I leveled up for hours before I tried going through there.

UmbrellaCorporation
07-29-2006, 07:19 PM
Northern Cave was awesome (Sephiroth FTW. I will admit to being a Sephiroth fanboy.), but Sin takes my vote easily.

OssMan
07-29-2006, 10:25 PM
Also Pandemonium was a level in final fantasy 9, it was really messed up...it was a bunch of weird battles and Garland was controlling crap I think. I never played final fantasy 2, but if anyone has played them both are they alike at all?

alvarado52
07-29-2006, 10:30 PM
well FFX final bosses were a joke. All you had to do was make sure you went into the battle with your summons overdrives ready to roll and just unleash hell. I went into the Jecht battle with Yuna's grand summon and Anima will a overdrive, dropped 2 OD's on Jecht, and the rest was pretty much a cake walk.

Boomer
07-29-2006, 10:42 PM
For the final battles in FFX, Tidus had so much Haste I did like 3 or 4 attacks to every one the boss did. I was yawning.

OssMan
07-29-2006, 10:46 PM
I'm mad I left Murond Death City off of that list. In my game I used pretty much Ramza only and maybe a lancer or priest for like the first half of the game and would just use accumulate and yell like crazy so I had a ton of experience and GP and had mastered monk around when I beat Gafgarion at that one gate, then I started using red chocoboes only and once I got Orlandu I had a streak of like 70 battles undefeated. The dudes who would transform into monsters with the zodiac stones who are supposed to be mad hard I could beat in like 5 turns just using choco meteor. I finally lost in Murond to Balk who had those two headed dogs with him. Plus Ajora was awesome

OssMan
07-29-2006, 10:48 PM
lol I remember playing Mystic Quest with my brother when I was like 7 and I had just vomited while about to fight Doom King, then I used Life on him by accident and he died and I won

Blitz
07-30-2006, 12:06 AM
Love the Northern Cave, but I'd go with Murond Death City.

Fucking Balk gave me so much trouble.

Jaded-Dragon
07-30-2006, 02:20 AM
Gotta go with the cave just for the J-E-N-O-V-A music track. Kefka's tower comes in a close second though.

FourFifty
07-30-2006, 02:35 AM
Kefka's tower all the way. Unless you had the catbell and/or the moggle charm all of yout guys in there had to be great. No half assing it there!

OssMan
07-30-2006, 03:25 AM
I think I half assed Kefkas Tower, I didn't know what I was doing when I made the groups so I made like two super good ones and the third was like Mog/Celes/Relm/Gau (not sure if it was actually Gau) but the only person in that group that I had used at all pretty much was Mog. Think I beat the boss for that group by just using Water Rondo and a bunch of cure, but it was like 2 years ago I forgot. I tried a bunch of times to beat the final boss when I was still "playing it" and I could never beat it and I've tried a few times since and I still can't. Really annoying

Joey Slugs
07-30-2006, 02:59 PM
Kefka's Tower.

darkpower
08-05-2006, 10:59 PM
Kefka's Tower was a huge pain in the ass. However, Econimizer + Ultima = your best friend in the game. I Just keep letting Celes fuck everyone up during the final boss sequences.

Oh, and FF4's was Moon's Surface, not Earth.

There's a few that are missing, though. FF X-2's Vegnagun (which was sort of a cakewalk, love it when Yuna actually uses a quasi-profanity, something she never used, in saying that guy's plan sucks) was another one. And also, Final Fantasy XI (the online one), in which you had to face Shadowlord in Xcarbaurd and Castle Zaval Bailey's. That place was pure hell, even though the boss itself was rather easy (I'm usually a White Mage on there, so all I had to do was spam cures, hastes, and Regens on everyone and the rest was easy).

OssMan
08-06-2006, 01:05 AM
yeah, i haven't played X-2 and im near the beginning of IV, so i dunno

final fantasy IV has the best world map theme everrrr though

Shaved Monkey
08-06-2006, 11:49 AM
I think I half assed Kefkas Tower, I didn't know what I was doing when I made the groups so I made like two super good ones and the third was like Mog/Celes/Relm/Gau (not sure if it was actually Gau) but the only person in that group that I had used at all pretty much was Mog. Think I beat the boss for that group by just using Water Rondo and a bunch of cure, but it was like 2 years ago I forgot. I tried a bunch of times to beat the final boss when I was still "playing it" and I could never beat it and I've tried a few times since and I still can't. Really annoying

When you reach Kefka's head in the last fight, throw the Atma Weapon at him. 1 hit kill.

road doggy dogg
08-07-2006, 09:48 PM
Oops I posted in the non-poll thread.

Anyway I voted for Cleft of Dimension, simply because it was an awesome final dungeon for a really awesome game, and the option to fight Omega was a nice touch. Kind of like fighting Emerald/Ruby Weapon in FF7 (for those who haven't played 5)

Kefka's Tower is a very close 2nd though. Back in my FF6 spaz days when I'd make nigh-perfect characters with low-level WoB completions and such I'd just make my parties 1) Edgar 2) Locke 3) Mog and just destroy everything solo style. Of course this was in the bugged version of the ROM where magic evade made dodge useless so I cheated with Force Armors and such. But it was still a huge ego boost to beat Kefka's tower with 3 people

OssMan
08-08-2006, 03:28 AM
just beat FF9 after fighting Necron for like the 4th time.

Memoria was good, kinda cheesy, but I liked how it tied into Zidane's memory and whatnot. also how it went through things from throughout the game. dunno, pretty cool.

ending was really good, but this is probably my favorite final fantasy for some reason. i love the others and all, but theres something about this one that makes me really love it.

Xerzes
08-10-2006, 01:07 AM
FFV was the first one I finished. It still remains a favorite, for some reason.

road doggy dogg
08-10-2006, 02:06 AM
Possibly because it's awesome.

OssMan
08-27-2006, 03:10 PM
I got to the moon in FF4, I guess it's the final level but right now it seems just like another world map, but I just flew around it for like a minute before turning it off. Should be fun

OssMan
08-30-2006, 02:03 PM
aite FFIV is actually the Lunar Underground, it's just like a normal dungeon except it has some final level stuff in it, pretty big, but nothing too special. Place is ridiculously hard though, when you get near the end all of the random fights are bosses.