PDA

View Full Version : Hogan injured? SummerSlam main event in doubt...

NeanderCarl
08-04-2006, 06:50 PM
Apparently, the Hogan vs Orton match at SummerSlam may be off due to a Hulkster injury.

But will anybody care?

And if this is true, where does this leave Orton at the PPV?

Source: http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/hoganintrouble

Arnold HamNegger
08-04-2006, 06:52 PM
In Brooke. Seriously, though...I don't know. This story line was horrible IMO, so I could care less. Between the Orton chin lock/rest holds and Hogan being Hogan, it had the potential of being the worst match in recent memory.

God forbid though, if Hogan would actually play into Orton injuring him before the match in a brawl type situation or something and give him the rub.

addy2hotty
08-04-2006, 06:53 PM
Apparently, the Hogan vs Orton match at SummerSlam may be off due to a Hulkster injury.

But will anybody care?

And if this is true, where does this leave Orton at the PPV?

Source: http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/hoganintrouble

2 out of 3 falls vs Angle. 1st - WWE rules, 2nd - Submission, 3rd - ECW rules.

As much as I hate Orton, that match would make me :drool:

Team Sheep
08-04-2006, 06:55 PM
Probably happen at Wrestlemania 23 now, unless it's all a work (don't see why it would be though.)

NeanderCarl
08-04-2006, 06:56 PM
You never know with Hogan. He lives the lie.

But there really wouldn't be any point in this being a work. Except maybe to give Hogan an "I was injured" excuse should the match go ahead and "The Legend Killer" win at SummerSlam.

Vermaat
08-04-2006, 06:59 PM
This sucks, I was looking forward to the match. orton is one of the best young superstars and hogan is a classic.

addy2hotty
08-04-2006, 07:01 PM
This sucks, I was looking forward to the match. orton is one of the best young superstars and hogan is a classic.

When Brooke is WWE Cruiserweight Champion, will Hulk call himself Hogan Classic?

Volare
08-04-2006, 07:38 PM

and hogan should stay that way... this guy makes more returns than Michael Jackson touches kids

Londoner
08-04-2006, 07:44 PM
vermaat, are you just deliberately being stupid now?

Anyway, if this is true, I don't really care tbh. Maybe they'll move Orton up to the WWE title match and build it as though Summerslam was where he won his first World title. Would be more interesting than Cena/Edge and could be the beginning of a Cena/Orton feud.

Volare
08-04-2006, 08:03 PM
meh..killing the legend of the chain gang?? (j/k I know what your sayin.)

Volchok
08-04-2006, 08:12 PM
Hogan is just faking a injury because they decided that Orton was going to go over Hogan.

NeanderCarl
08-04-2006, 08:14 PM
Hogan is just faking a injury because they decided that Orton was going to go over Hogan.

Wouldn't surprise me one bit.

Xero
08-04-2006, 08:20 PM
Announcer: Next week on Hogan Knows Best: Tragedy strikes the Hogan homestead...

(Go to shot of Hogan falling down stairs in slow motion, then to Brooke.)

Brooke: DAAADDYYYY!!!

(Flash to Nick)

Nick: NOOO! DAD!

(Flash to Hogan laying on the floor.)

Hogan: Call 911!

Announcer: Will the Hulkster pull through?

(Flash to hospital room.)

Doctor: WE'RE LOSING HIM!

Announcer: Tune in next week!

Mr. Nerfect
08-04-2006, 08:26 PM
LMAO! :lol:

I should probably try and show compassion for the guy, I have nothing personal against him, after all, but anything that keeps Hogan off my TV makes me happy.

They should probably just have Randy Orton declared the winner via forfeit at Summerslam, which makes room for another match. You know, with guys who are actually on the active roster. Why the fuck they aren't having a Spirit Squad vs. Paul London & Brian Kendrick match is beyond me.

Summerslam was shaping up to be pure shit. Orton vs. Hogan? Fuck that. DX vs. The McMahons? Don't give two fucks. Ric Flair vs. Mick Foley? I can tolerate this, but Ric Flair has bored me for the last few years. The Undertaker vs. The Great Khali. Fuck no! Edge vs. John Cena? Again?

Get some quality into this show. If that means adding Randy Orton to the WWE Championship match and making it a Triple Threat (my favourite idea once Orton has been declared winner via forfeit over Hogan), then so be it. I must say, I love the idea of a Randy Orton vs. Kurt Angle match, with Angle going over, giving ECW a big rub, and getting his Vengeance win back. I would much rather see the undercard guys get on the show, but that is extremly unlikely.

So yeah, Summerslam will likely be:

WWE Championship- Title can change hands on a DQ
Edge vs. John Cena

World Championship
King Booker vs. Batista

ECW Championship
Big Show vs. Rob Van Dam (Sabu seems more and more likely, but I still think it will be RVD)

Tag Team Match
DX vs. The McMahons

Last Man Standing Match
The Great Khali vs. The Undertaker

WWE vs. ECW Match
Randy Orton vs. Kurt Angle

Grudge Match
Rey Mysterio vs. Chavo Guerrero

Hardcore Match
Ric Flair vs. Mick Foley

Triple Threat Match for the WWE United States Championship
Finlay vs. William Regal vs. Bobby Lashley

Londoner
08-04-2006, 08:29 PM

:y:

I think you maybe right about that.

KingofOldSchool
08-04-2006, 08:35 PM
Nooooo

Hogan has creative control, so he would just axe that idea.

I think he's ego has gotten so big that he's decided to only work Wrestlemanias.

Londoner
08-04-2006, 08:38 PM
But he worked at Summerslam last year. I thought he decided to only work Summerslams.

KingofOldSchool
08-04-2006, 08:39 PM
Well ya know once he decided to do the Pokemon convention, he felt like he's above Summerslam now.

NeanderCarl
08-04-2006, 11:48 PM
The more I think about it, the more I think it's just Hogan playing his usual games. He will be at SummerSlam, IMO. And if he does do the job, this so-called injury will come into the equation as part of the match.

Skippord
08-04-2006, 11:58 PM
How the fuck did he injure himself

Skippord
08-04-2006, 11:59 PM
Oh getting off his couch I see

D Mac
08-05-2006, 01:02 AM
I was acctually wanting to see another Rock/Hogan like match and this was my only hope. :(

Skippord
08-05-2006, 01:17 AM
Except Orton sucks and the Rock doesnt

Drakul
08-05-2006, 01:43 AM
Oh getting off his couch I see
Not just any couch... it was his new couch!

I don't see why we needed to know it was new.

mike627
08-05-2006, 02:00 AM
LMAO! :lol:

I should probably try and show compassion for the guy, I have nothing personal against him, after all, but anything that keeps Hogan off my TV makes me happy.

They should probably just have Randy Orton declared the winner via forfeit at Summerslam, which makes room for another match. You know, with guys who are actually on the active roster. Why the fuck they aren't having a Spirit Squad vs. Paul London & Brian Kendrick match is beyond me.

Summerslam was shaping up to be pure shit. Orton vs. Hogan? Fuck that. DX vs. The McMahons? Don't give two fucks. Ric Flair vs. Mick Foley? I can tolerate this, but Ric Flair has bored me for the last few years. The Undertaker vs. The Great Khali. Fuck no! Edge vs. John Cena? Again?

Get some quality into this show. If that means adding Randy Orton to the WWE Championship match and making it a Triple Threat (my favourite idea once Orton has been declared winner via forfeit over Hogan), then so be it. I must say, I love the idea of a Randy Orton vs. Kurt Angle match, with Angle going over, giving ECW a big rub, and getting his Vengeance win back. I would much rather see the undercard guys get on the show, but that is extremly unlikely.

So yeah, Summerslam will likely be:

WWE Championship- Title can change hands on a DQ
Edge vs. John Cena

World Championship
King Booker vs. Batista

ECW Championship
Big Show vs. Rob Van Dam (Sabu seems more and more likely, but I still think it will be RVD)

Tag Team Match
DX vs. The McMahons

Last Man Standing Match
The Great Khali vs. The Undertaker

WWE vs. ECW Match
Randy Orton vs. Kurt Angle

Grudge Match
Rey Mysterio vs. Chavo Guerrero

Hardcore Match
Ric Flair vs. Mick Foley

Triple Threat Match for the WWE United States Championship
Finlay vs. William Regal vs. Bobby LashleyAlieniod06 one again out books the WWE!:yes: :y: I wolud just have the ref count Hogan out with Orton in the ring then throw him into the main event and own Cena and Edge.

mike627
08-05-2006, 02:01 AM
:y:

I think you maybe right about that. Randy is right typical Hogan.:nono:

D Mac
08-05-2006, 02:24 AM
Except Orton sucks and the Rock doesnt

Nah Orton rules. ST. LOUIS MO Now if he was from, say, Colorado. Yeah then he would suck.

Skippord
08-05-2006, 02:30 AM
Lashley would totally pwn him

Blitz
08-05-2006, 02:32 AM
Wauit wtf is going on dunno

Skippord
08-05-2006, 02:33 AM
Blitz is Thrashed

Blitz
08-05-2006, 02:38 AM
Lashley would totally pwn him
HE WOULD NOT

Skippord
08-05-2006, 02:50 AM
He would

Blitz
08-05-2006, 02:54 AM
HE WOULD NOT

Skippord
08-05-2006, 02:56 AM
He would

FourFifty
08-05-2006, 05:10 AM
If the match doesn't happen I couldn't care less.
If it happens I'll shit my pants if Orton goes over.

LoDownM
08-05-2006, 05:14 AM
Nah Orton rules. ST. LOUIS MO Now if he was from, say, Colorado. Yeah then he would suck.

What, you have a problem with people from Colorado?

St. Jimmy
08-05-2006, 05:50 AM
lol. Hogan botches life.

Volare
08-05-2006, 05:52 AM
Another job for McMahonism...Curing the handicapped

Rammsteinmad
08-05-2006, 06:35 AM
Fuck Hogan. Seriously, why is he even on the card in the first place? He makes one appearance last year at Summerslam and goes over Michaels (not that either one needs to be put over, but what's the point in beating someone and leaving?), and then out of the blue he's back for this Summerslam and set to beat Orton (again, what's the point?)... Like someone else said, he's probably faking it because he heard Orton would go over.

D Mac
08-05-2006, 10:32 AM
What, you have a problem with people from Colorado?

Skip's a Broncos fan. :nono:

KingofOldSchool
08-05-2006, 10:33 AM
Fuck Hogan. Seriously, why is he even on the card in the first place? He makes one appearance last year at Summerslam and goes over Michaels (not that either one needs to be put over, but what's the point in beating someone and leaving?), and then out of the blue he's back for this Summerslam and set to beat Orton (again, what's the point?)... Like someone else said, he's probably faking it because he heard Orton would go over.

They think Hogan still draws.

.44 Magdalene
08-05-2006, 04:03 PM
HE STILL DRAWS TO ME, DAMMIT

The One
08-05-2006, 04:18 PM
I hope he has complications in surgery and dies. Sounds harsh I know, and normally I think about their friends and family who would be affected by such an event before I say it...but I have seen Hogan's family and hope they all die too. As for his friends...uh...sorry...to uh...Mean Gene?

Afterlife
08-05-2006, 04:21 PM
I just have mu fongers crossed that it keeps him out thru the ppv. I really never wanted this match to happen, and I'm wishing upon a star that my want comes tru.

KingofOldSchool
08-05-2006, 04:28 PM
I hope he has complications in surgery and dies. Sounds harsh I know, and normally I think about their friends and family who would be affected by such an event before I say it...but I have seen Hogan's family and hope they all die too. As for his friends...uh...sorry...to uh...Mean Gene?

Then he'd just hold down Owen Hart, Davey Boy, Eddie, and hold down Perfect yet again in heaven.

Then again I'd think he'd refuse to even go to heaven, because God won't share his room with Hogan.

And of course if Hogan ain't headlining, he ain't workin. Even for God.

The One
08-05-2006, 04:37 PM
Nah, I am pretty sure God would smack Hogan down to hell after few thousand "Watcha Gonna Do's."

Then the devil could have fun making Hogan job cleanly until the end of time. Muahahahahahahahahahaha!

Man I hope some of those make it on YouTube.

Afterlife
08-05-2006, 04:41 PM
Does Hell have a big YouTube output?

The One
08-05-2006, 04:45 PM
No but I have to imagine that if Hogan was jobbing non stop for all time a couple of them would slip on to the internet.

Afterlife
08-05-2006, 04:48 PM
Valid point.

Rammsteinmad
08-05-2006, 06:55 PM
Damn I'd love to see what someone said on that markout thread where Orton would take the big boot/leg drop etc and no sell it. That'd be the most awesome thing ever.

Kane Knight
08-05-2006, 08:59 PM
Hogan said he can walk fine and shit, but can't stand up or sit down. I don't see why he can't compete. He doesn't need to get up, if he finishes with the Big Boot. It's not like Hogan goes down in matches except when he hits the leg drop.

Sadistic
08-05-2006, 09:12 PM

Because you buy the PPV and it makes them money.

St. Jimmy
08-06-2006, 04:09 AM

:love: I'd give you the queerest hug ever right now for saying that.

Rammsteinmad
08-06-2006, 05:52 AM
Because you buy the PPV and it makes them money.

Nah... I watch the free ones on Sky Sports. If I gotta pay for it I don't bother.

Do you think WWE look at DVD sales? :shifty:

The Naitch
08-08-2006, 02:41 PM
HE STILL DRAWS TO ME, DAMMIT

<marquee><scroll=left>:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: </scroll></marquee>

Kane Knight
08-08-2006, 02:48 PM
No but I have to imagine that if Hogan was jobbing non stop for all time a couple of them would slip on to the internet.

Slip? Warrior would sell his soul...

...Or would, if he didn't already...

LoDownM
08-08-2006, 02:49 PM
Skip's a Broncos fan. :nono:

I see.

The Naitch
08-08-2006, 03:17 PM
Diesel Mac

NeanderCarl
08-14-2006, 12:25 AM
Well, it's back on now, obviously. Now I'm convinced it was a work. I saw it reported somewhere that the Raw that Hogan missed was a "Drug Test" Raw. Co-ink-i-dinks?

Mr. Nerfect
08-14-2006, 12:40 AM
I'm still praying that they write Hogan out of Summerslam. Put Finlay vs. William Regal vs. Bobby Lashley on there instead.

On WWE.com, they have this thing that says Orton will call out Hogan on RAW. I'm hoping that Hogan comes out and then someone like Umaga runs out and attacks Hogan, putting him out of the match. Hogan looks like a face, Orton looks like a heel, whoever puts Hogan out looks great, the match is still off. Everybody wins.

DaveWadding
08-14-2006, 12:47 AM
I'm still praying that they write Hogan out of Summerslam. Put Finlay vs. William Regal vs. Bobby Lashley on there instead.

On WWE.com, they have this thing that says Orton will call out Hogan on RAW. I'm hoping that Hogan comes out and then someone like Umaga runs out and attacks Hogan, putting him out of the match. Hogan looks like a face, Orton looks like a heel, whoever puts Hogan out looks great, the match is still off. Everybody wins.

Aww c'mon...Paul Heyman sends out his enforcers to do it. Hogan gets injected with a lethal dose of DOUG BASHAM. THEN everybody wins. ;)

Mr. Nerfect
08-14-2006, 04:33 AM
Aww c'mon...Paul Heyman sends out his enforcers to do it. Hogan gets injected with a lethal dose of DOUG BASHAM. THEN everybody wins. ;)

PAUL HEYMAN: Did you take your DOUG BASHAM, brother?

HOGAN: Dammit, dude! It was you that replaced my vitamins with DOUG BASHAM, brother. That's the only thing which can destroy Hulkamania, brother.

*Doug Basham gets monster push after revealing it was also him which raised the briefcase when Stone Cold Steve Austin tried to climb the ladder.*

Impact!
08-14-2006, 04:56 AM
Well now we know why Kid Kash and Matt Hardy got suspended, they had to many doses of DOUG BASHAM.

Mr. Nerfect
08-14-2006, 07:26 AM
Well now we know why Kid Kash and Matt Hardy got suspended, they had to many doses of DOUG BASHAM.

Kevin Nash didn't hurt his neck. He's just become so dependant on DOUG BASHAM that he can't survive in TNA for long.

Actually, this gives me an idea. The WWE should have some undercard guy (I'm actually thinking Eugene, Funaki, Scotty 2 Hotty or Rob Conway at this point) go around and start pushing talent down stairs, hitting them in the back of the knee with a crowbar, etc.

I mean, if I were a jobber in the WWE, I'd want to eliminate some of the higher-ranked superstars. Sort of make it like a wrestling "serial killer", clearing the path for their own agenda. Plus it would give Gregory Helms a reason to bring out my often suggested "Sherlock Helms" character. Maybe have he be a victim of the "sports entertainment slasher", which allows him to sit on the shelf as Cruiserweight Champion, so they don't have to (God forbid) write anything for him?

This is probably not a good thing to bring up, but when Rikishi was revealed as the guy who ran over Stone Cold Steve Austin, it partially worked for me, because it would make sense that a guy on the verge of breaking out as a singles star would hurt a main eventer so that he can move on up and earn the big bucks.

Seriously, a pissed off Paul London & Brian Kendrick orchestrating the injuries of Superstars = ratings.

Impact!
08-14-2006, 08:11 AM
I'd Rather have Funaki do that. I mean c'mon that'd be awesome. FUNAKI NUMBA ONE ATTACKA