PDA

View Full Version : John Cena

Vocal Ass Chic
08-10-2006, 05:32 PM
why does everyone hate Cena and his followers? i can understand that u fink he gets more opportunities than other wrestlers, but whats so different from triple h or even stone cold in wwf? if vince thinks that hes the best man for the job then theres nothing u can do xcept for stop watchin.

and why hate cena fans. i suppose i'm wot u call a 'mark' for cena. wasnt everyone a mark for someone at one point? i bet you all had a fav wrestler who you liked but they werent cool or liked?

Anybody Thrilla
08-10-2006, 05:41 PM
I like Cena.

Anybody Thrilla
08-10-2006, 05:42 PM
But it's only fair to warn, you're in big trouble after typing like you just did.

OverTaker
08-10-2006, 05:45 PM
Sorry Thrilla....

Vocal....Why THE FUCK DO YOU TYPE like you're text messaging someone on a fucking phone??!!!!

Afterlife
08-10-2006, 05:46 PM
We -- well, I -- hate Cena, because he was booked to be unstoppable. He had the belt, which he just barely earned, for far too long.

Once he turned face, his "raps" became limitted to gay-bashing and fecal jokes, none of which was entertaining. His whole rap gimmick soon phased out after the backlash of the 6th grade humor, taking away the last appeal of his character.

His in-ring is incredibly lacking -- and I'm supposed to think he could out-wrestle Jericho or Angle? Fuck that! He's a phony wrestler, and a worn-out character.

Oh, and why do we -- that is, I -- hate the fans? Because the fans are grade school kids and pre-teen girls who cheer for a guy that doesn't need them. The reason the crowd gets into a match is because they need to root for their hero and boo their villain. But if your hero will win every match for a straight year, then he doesn't need the fans.

"Hustle, Loyalty, Respect"? How 'bout "Stale, Boring, Lackluster"?

Just John
08-10-2006, 05:46 PM
Yeah, Cena as a WWE champ didn't work for me though, it just pissed me off, he had the merch. but he should have stayed U.S champ material, and possibly even gone heel, either would have been fine.

Anybody Thrilla
08-10-2006, 05:48 PM
Cena's been on fire as of late. His promos are amongst the best in the business.

Just John
08-10-2006, 05:51 PM

Vocal Ass Chic
Sorry Thrilla....

Vocal....Why THE FUCK DO YOU TYPE like you're text messaging someone on a fucking phone??!!!!

hey if u wanna be anal and take care 2 type everyfin exact then knock urself out?

Anybody Thrilla

It's true.

Just John
08-10-2006, 05:54 PM
His last good promo was the one with Edge and Trips that was some fine shit.

Afterlife
Cena's been on fire as of late. His promos are amongst the best in the business.

That's my point-- As Of Late. Cena with belt means SOS. But Cena without the belt, well...now he's got a chance to win back the respect and attention of the average male fan.

Just John
hey if u wanna be anal and take care 2 type everyfin exact then knock urself out?

Haha

Anybody Thrilla
08-10-2006, 05:55 PM
His last good promo was the one with Edge and Trips that was some fine shit.

I thought his promo on Edge this past Monday was pretty money. Crying Bitch Illustrated? C'mon, that was funny.

Also, for some reason, I marked out a little bit when he FU'ed Viscera.

Vocal Ass Chic
08-10-2006, 05:56 PM
Oh, and why do we -- that is, I -- hate the fans? Because the fans are grade school kids and pre-teen girls who cheer for a guy that doesn't need them. The reason the crowd gets into a match is because they need to root for their hero and boo their villain. But if your hero will win every match for a straight year, then he doesn't need the fans.

and you hate grade school kids and teenage girls y? if they are "marks" n they kno no better then why is it ur jobs to humiliate them? u were once a mark and i bet you loved the rock, or austin or the undertaker when everyone wanted their underdog to win.

Anybody Thrilla
08-10-2006, 05:56 PM
It's true. I was an Ultimate Warrior mark. Looking back, I feel terrible.

Anybody Thrilla
08-10-2006, 05:57 PM
And Cena's not NEARLY the trouble Jim Hellwig was. He's even got more wrestling ability.

Flair Wooo
08-10-2006, 05:58 PM
DOES ANYBODY FUCKING CARE ANYMORE

Just John
08-10-2006, 05:58 PM
I thought his promo on Edge this past Monday was pretty money. Crying Bitch Illustrated? C'mon, that was funny.

Also, for some reason, I marked out a little bit when he FU'ed Viscera.

Everyone marked out for that, its the first time Vis has been airbourne WITHOUT a crane

Just John
08-10-2006, 05:59 PM
I dont think Cena is terrible, just Mediocre, I've seen to much of him frankly, and unlike The rock etc. I dont think he has much 'lasting' appeal

Vocal Ass Chic
08-10-2006, 05:59 PM
i beginning to like you Anybody Thrilla.

there's one thing worse than kids who love cena, its the guys who jump on your own bandwagon and hate them for being conventional.

ur like goths - who try so hard not to dress to convention that they all end up looking the same and defeat their own purpose

Vocal Ass Chic
08-10-2006, 06:00 PM
DOES ANYBODY FUCKING CARE ANYMORE

u sure like the big fonts

Just John
08-10-2006, 06:01 PM
ur like goths - who try so hard not to dress to convention that they all end up looking the same and defeat their own purpose

Wow, thats pretty clever of you, I didnt think many people picked up on that :y:

Flair Wooo
What do you prefer mars bars or snickers?

Anybody Thrilla
I remember at one point, I was getting pretty sick of The Rock. All of his promos were the same, and in-ring, he wasn't really all that amazing. However, the second he went away, I realized that I missed the hell out of him, and I marked like a bitch when he came back. I'm not saying the same thing would happen with Cena for you...just something to think about.

Flair Wooo
08-10-2006, 06:02 PM
u sure like the big fonts

YES I DO..YES I DO

Vocal Ass Chic
08-10-2006, 06:02 PM
What do you prefer mars bars or snickers?

cocaine

Vocal Ass Chic
08-10-2006, 06:03 PM
I remember at one point, I was getting pretty sick of The Rock. All of his promos were the same, and in-ring, he wasn't really all that amazing. However, the second he went away, I realized that I missed the hell out of him, and I marked like a bitch when he came back. I'm not saying the same thing would happen with Cena for you...just something to think about.

it happened with triple h when he bust his quad. every1 marked out for him when he came back. went from zero to hero

Afterlife
08-10-2006, 06:03 PM
and you hate grade school kids and teenage girls y? if they are "marks" n they kno no better then why is it ur jobs to humiliate them? u were once a mark and i bet you loved the rock, or austin or the undertaker when everyone wanted their underdog to win.

I don't really hate kids. I just don't like ppl cheering for guys who don't deserve it.

But no, I have never been a top dog mark. When I first started watching WWF, I hated both Rock and Austin, 'cause I thot they were both raging pricks. And for the majority of my WWF watching, The Undertaker was The Underbiker, and I hated him for it.

I've always been a fan of guys like Scotty 2 Hotty, Stevie Richards, Simon Dean, and Goldust. Guys who were overly talented and under appreciated. Another reason for me to dislike Cena being cheered by people who don't know what they're cheering for.

Flair Wooo
08-10-2006, 06:04 PM
cocaine

:D WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

Anybody Thrilla
08-10-2006, 06:04 PM
it happened with triple h when he bust his quad. every1 marked out for him when he came back. went from zero to hero

Also true.

Vocal Ass Chic
08-10-2006, 06:05 PM
I've always been a fan of guys like Scotty 2 Hotty...

thats bullshit and u kno it.

Just John
08-10-2006, 06:05 PM

C'mon, The Rock never gets old!

Anybody Thrilla
08-10-2006, 06:06 PM
I don't really hate kids. I just don't like ppl cheering for guys who don't deserve it.

But no, I have never been a top dog mark. When I first started watching WWF, I hated both Rock and Austin, 'cause I thot they were both raging pricks. And for the majority of my WWF watching, The Undertaker was The Underbiker, and I hated him for it.

I've always been a fan of guys like Scotty 2 Hotty, Stevie Richards, Simon Dean, and Goldust. Guys who were overly talented and under appreciated. Another reason for me to dislike Cena being cheered by people who don't know what they're cheering for.

But is it Cena, Austin, or The Rock's fault that they were being cheered? They were just given an opportunity and their personalities caught on with the fans. It's not like anybody was being brainwashed or anything. People can cheer for whatever the hell it is they want to cheer for, and for whatever reason.

Anybody Thrilla
08-10-2006, 06:07 PM
C'mon, The Rock never gets old!

No, he was definitely very stale at one point.

Anybody Thrilla
08-10-2006, 06:07 PM
So was Austin. And don't even get me STARTED on Hogan.

Just John
08-10-2006, 06:08 PM
Hulk Hogan would have done himself some favours if he just got kidnapped straight after he was popular in the 80s

Vocal Ass Chic
08-10-2006, 06:09 PM
cena is no where near hogan or triple h when it comes to this sort of stuff. the diff is i bet cena would rather be doing his old routine and his old stuff and not caring if the fans hated him or cheered him, whereas hogan and hhh wanted the limelight all for themselves. cena today is a product of wwe, not cena.

so go boo vince instead

Anybody Thrilla
08-10-2006, 06:10 PM
Hulk Hogan would have done himself some favours if he just got kidnapped straight after he was popular in the 80s

You would do us all some favors if you shut the fuck up.

Vocal Ass Chic
08-10-2006, 06:11 PM
is that to me or jj?

Anybody Thrilla
08-10-2006, 06:12 PM
cena is no where near hogan or triple h when it comes to this sort of stuff. the diff is i bet cena would rather be doing his old routine and his old stuff and not caring if the fans hated him or cheered him, whereas hogan and hhh wanted the limelight all for themselves. cena today is a product of wwe, not cena.

so go boo vince instead

Also true. I don't think it was Cena's idea to keep the title on himself for a year.

Savio
08-10-2006, 06:13 PM
Because he doesn't entertain me like he used too.

Vocal Ass Chic
i hope i am convincing some of u guys not to hate cena. anybody thriller seems clued up already and has got that.

Just John
Obviously I respect Cena to a certain extent, dont get me wrong I respect the guys who draw the money as much as I respect the guys who can really wrestle, and wrestle well.

I also think Cena could be a pretty OK wrestler...If he stayed within the US title leagues where the WWE are pushing him like mad, they only want him to use a few moves to squash others.

Afterlife
08-10-2006, 06:14 PM
But is it Cena, Austin, or The Rock's fault that they were being cheered? They were just given an opportunity and their personalities caught on with the fans. It's not like anybody was being brainwashed or anything. People can cheer for whatever the hell it is they want to cheer for, and for whatever reason.

I"m not saying it is. And to be fair, the reason I didn't like the Rock and Austin was that I did not yet understand their characters. Once I got into the groove, I saw how and why the fans cheered for them.

And Cena was an awesome heel. When he started out on SD, he was great. And I mean that. But his face turn was so watery and useless...it ruined him. And the fact that the people who cheer for him do it because he's "cool", "sexy" or "controversial", is why I don't like those fans. They don't cheer the wrestler, they cheer his abs and his high school authority problem.

Anybody Thrilla
08-10-2006, 06:14 PM
What does his in-ring performance have to do with the US title?

Vocal Ass Chic
08-10-2006, 06:17 PM
I"m not saying it is. And to be fair, the reason I didn't like the Rock and Austin was that I did not yet understand their characters. Once I got into the groove, I saw how and why the fans cheered for them.

maybe u dont understand his character he's aimed at kids my age, y would u like him?

And Cena was an awesome heel. When he started out on SD, he was great. And I mean that. But his face turn was so watery and useless...it ruined him. And the fact that the people who cheer for him do it because he's "cool", "sexy" or "controversial", is why I don't like those fans. They don't cheer the wrestler, they cheer his abs and his high school authority problem.

and austin was loved bcos his ability... no, bcos of his gimmick and anti-hero attitude. cena is austin for 2006.

Anybody Thrilla
08-10-2006, 06:17 PM

Definitely a great heel. But I still cheer Cena because I think his promos are fresh and entertaining. His delivery is second to none. And I really don't think he's as bad in-ring as everybody makes him out to be. He's just a brawler, not a technical wizard. I don't think everybody HAS to be a technical wizard. The brawler style is just part of his character, and personally, I think it suits him well. Also, he's capable of having some really good matches.

Just John
08-10-2006, 06:18 PM
I just said you idiot. Making him a main eventer (pushing him like mad) results in him always using the same moves and winning. thus making him limited, The US title isnt very hot anymore so he wouldnt be constantly using the same moves, and would be more flexible.

Afterlife
08-10-2006, 06:18 PM
thats bullshit and u kno it.

Listen, cunt muscle. You asked a question, and I'm giving you my personal answer. If you don't like it, that's fine. But I have megatons of respect of Scott Taylor and every other uber talented guy that gets shit on in that company.

Don't call me a liar when it comes to respect.

Vocal Ass Chic
08-10-2006, 06:20 PM
Listen, cunt muscle. You asked a question, and I'm giving you my personal answer. If you don't like it, that's fine.

but its ok to ridicule john cena fans. ha ha.

u dont know whether ur coming or going! hows it feel to be flamed by a n00b

Anybody Thrilla
08-10-2006, 06:20 PM
I just said you idiot. Making him a main eventer (pushing him like mad) results in him always using the same moves and winning. thus making him limited, The US title isnt very hot anymore so he wouldnt be constantly using the same moves, and would be more flexible.

So I'm an idiot now? Shut the fuck up. The US title has absolutely nothing to do with John Cena's in-ring ability. WHATSOEVER.

Anybody Thrilla
08-10-2006, 06:21 PM
I think that I know the true identity of Vocal Ass Chic.

Afterlife
08-10-2006, 06:23 PM
Definitely a great heel. But I still cheer Cena because I think his promos are fresh and entertaining. His delivery is second to none. And I really don't think he's as bad in-ring as everybody makes him out to be. He's just a brawler, not a technical wizard. I don't think everybody HAS to be a technical wizard. The brawler style is just part of his character, and personally, I think it suits him well. Also, he's capable of having some really good matches.

It's not that he's bad, per se. I don't consider him sloppy or dangerous, far from it. He executes his moves excedingly well. The problem is that they're the same damn stuff every damn night. Clothesline, clothesline, fisherman suplex, spinout powerbomb, clothesline, elevated fireman carry slam, stf.

It's like clockwork, and it's frustrating as all hell.

Vocal Ass Chic
08-10-2006, 06:23 PM
yeh, im scotty too hotty :D:D:D:lol:

Anybody Thrilla
08-10-2006, 06:24 PM
It's not that he's bad, per se. I don't consider him sloppy or dangerous, far from it. He executes his moves excedingly well. The problem is that they're the same damn stuff every damn night. Clothesline, clothesline, fisherman suplex, spinout powerbomb, clothesline, elevated fireman carry slam, stf.

Perhaps. I just hope you were never a Hogan fan.

Vocal Ass Chic

as opposed to austin.... lou thesz press, mudhole stomping, finger flicking, punch, punch, stunner, pin.

if it aint broke, dont fix it

Anybody Thrilla
yeh, im scotty too hotty :D:D:D:lol:

I was thinking John Cena.

Just John
So I'm an idiot now? Shut the fuck up. The US title has absolutely nothing to do with John Cena's in-ring ability. WHATSOEVER.

Lol, just hush. You are talking shit.

Vocal Ass Chic
08-10-2006, 06:25 PM
Lol, just <s>hush </s> john You are talking shit.

Anybody Thrilla
08-10-2006, 06:26 PM
No, seriously. It wouldn't matter if he were the US champion or the fucking Cruiserweight champion. His moveset would be the same. I don't see why you think it would be any different. You say because he uses the same moves to win all the time? Guess what? THAT'S BEEN A TRADITION IN WRESTLING FOR A BILLION YEARS NOW. Finishing moves are not a new concept.

Afterlife
08-10-2006, 06:27 PM
Perhaps. I just hope you were never a Hogan fan.

Well, I will say this....

I never got to see Hogan in his hayday. ANd when he returned to SD -- before the Zack Gowen/Mr. America thing -- I was interested to see what he was like. But I was never what you'd call a fan.

Afterlife
08-10-2006, 06:30 PM
as opposed to austin.... lou thesz press, mudhole stomping, finger flicking, punch, punch, stunner, pin.

if it aint broke, dont fix it

Austin's finisher actually looked like a finisher. And, although I could see that others were enormous Austin fans, I never really was.

I undertsand that many guys have movesets to which they cling, but a little inventive exploration doesn't hurt.

Londoner
08-10-2006, 06:31 PM
Why do I hate Cena? Well it's not that I hate him. It's just that he got so boring that I couldn't stand him being the champ anymore. Now lately without the belt he has got entertaining again, i'm not denying that. But I think he got the belt too soon, thats what pissed me off the most. Also, they changed his gimmick, which was where he started going downhill. I've noticed they've been resorting back to his old gimmick recently though, as he's putting more aggression in his promos. I bet that aggression goes once he gets the title back.

And the reason we hate kids/ girls cheering for him is because they cheer anybody that is shoved down our throats.

Vocal Ass Chic
08-10-2006, 06:33 PM
Austin's finisher actually looked like a finisher. And, although I could see that others were enormous Austin fans, I never really was.

I undertsand that many guys have movesets to which they cling, but a little inventive exploration doesn't hurt.

thats right he needs more INNOVATION.

I know the true identity of Afterlife.... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Anybody Thrilla
08-10-2006, 06:35 PM
Tommy Dreamer

Afterlife
08-10-2006, 06:39 PM
I didn't say he needed innovation. He just needs to start utilizing his skill and ease up on blowing the fanbase he currently holds.

Anybody Thrilla
08-10-2006, 06:40 PM
Is it even his decision? I know the WWE is notorious for controlling move sets.

Vocal Ass Chic
08-10-2006, 06:40 PM
ur right, its a real MAKE or BREAK situation for cena right now

Anybody Thrilla
08-10-2006, 06:41 PM
Oh Jesus

Afterlife
08-10-2006, 06:45 PM
They may dictate what you're allowed to do...but I'm sure you have to show what you can do first. And if he were to spice things up, I doubt the company would mind.

Oh, and VAC...you're really blowing this out of proportion. Nobody said it was "make it or break it".

Vocal Ass Chic
08-10-2006, 06:49 PM
They may dictate what you're allowed to do...but I'm sure you have to show what you can do first.

thats why a talented nova is simon dean then? yeh cena might have more say in what he does, so thats perhaps a bad example, as he is a bgger star.

put urself in vinces shoes, would u let cena change his way if he was the no 1 draw and merchandise seller? or put urself in cena's, wud you jeopardise ur position and risk getting in the dog house when you've got nothing to gain, but everyfin to lose?

Afterlife
08-10-2006, 06:58 PM
thats why a talented nova is simon dean then? yeh cena might have more say in what he does, so thats perhaps a bad example, as he is a bgger star.

put urself in vinces shoes, would u let cena change his way if he was the no 1 draw and merchandise seller? or put urself in cena's, wud you jeopardise ur position and risk getting in the dog house when you've got nothing to gain, but everyfin to lose?

I"m afraid I don't follow your comment about Nova.

But in regards to Cena, I'm not talking about him changing his character or getting a new gimmick. I"m saying, why not replace that fisherman suplex with a 99 Crusher once every 3 months? How about switching out the Spinout Powerbomb with simple German Suplex? Hell, I haven't even seen a Throwback in ages.

It doesn't take much to spice things up. His promos are getting better -- probably because he's writing them again -- and he's much more relatable since he's having trouble getting the belt back. But his in-ring is still the same old shtick.

Chavo Classic
Fuck John Cena, seriously. Fuck him.

Xero
VAC would love to, I'm sure.

Anybody Thrilla
08-10-2006, 07:00 PM
In all fairness, he just did a Throwback on Monday.

Afterlife
08-10-2006, 07:01 PM
:o My bad.

But you get my point...?

Vocal Ass Chic
08-10-2006, 07:02 PM
I"m afraid I don't follow your comment about Nova..

i am saying that the wwe doesnt always let wrestlers be themselves. they are packaged for what they think is the good of the product. they havent given nova a chance when we all know he's amazzzzzing! :cool:

its not as easy as cena turning round and saying 'hey, i wanna be me now" bcos he cant.

But in regards to Cena, I'm not talking about him changing his character or getting a new gimmick. I"m saying, why not replace that fisherman suplex with a 99 Crusher once every 3 months? How about switching out the Spinout Powerbomb with simple German Suplex? Hell, I haven't even seen a Throwback in ages..

yeh, why not... it never hurt anyone to break out a speciality every now n agen...

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/NDQOtlpnXq4"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/NDQOtlpnXq4" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Vocal Ass Chic
08-10-2006, 07:03 PM
VAC would love to, I'm sure.

then id sell my story to the papers.

Xero
08-10-2006, 07:05 PM
then id sell my story to the papers.
Which, in turn, would completely expose Cena as the faggot that he is, and because of how ignorant Americans are, would destroy his career, he would be fired, and that would be the end of him.

So please, go and do it. It would destroy Cena.

Vocal Ass Chic
08-10-2006, 07:06 PM
gayness = real reason Kanyon was released

Londoner
08-10-2006, 07:08 PM
I love how VAC just ignored my view on Cena. Can't handle the fact that some of us find him boring then?

Anybody Thrilla
08-10-2006, 07:08 PM
because of how ignorant Americans are

Fuck you.

Xero
08-10-2006, 07:09 PM
Fuck you.
You think I'm happy about that, what with being American?

I'm talking the pricks who see two men kissing and call for a burning at the steak. Now, I don't know if you fall into that category or not, so...

Anybody Thrilla
08-10-2006, 07:10 PM
Then why didn't you say that instead of "Americans"?

Vocal Ass Chic
08-10-2006, 07:11 PM
I love how VAC just ignored my view on Cena. Can't handle the fact that some of us find him boring then?

u can find him boring all u want. but do us a favor, nxt time turn off the tv instead of sitting thru it just so u can come on the internet later n complain.

i switch off the highlanders when they come on. its simple. :rant:

Vocal Ass Chic
You think I'm happy about that, what with being American?

I'm talking the pricks who see two men kissing and call for a burning at the steak. Now, I don't know if you fall into that category or not, so...

i'm glad im canadian

Afterlife
Did you just compare a shooting star press to a german suplex? Furthermore, did you just refer to a german suplex as "a specialty move"? When Brock did that, he lept completely out of his realm. I"m not suggesting Cena do that.

And if you watch a non-squash match that Simon Dean is in, you sill see he uses all of his prowess. He does not tone himself down. Yes, he portrays a WWE character and not Nova, but Simon Dean is a fresh start for him.

Xero
08-10-2006, 07:12 PM
Then why didn't you say that instead of "Americans"?
Because it was easier to lump it into "Americans" because believe me, more people here are sheep than not.

Anybody Thrilla
08-10-2006, 07:15 PM
In all fairness, Brock didn't leap at all out of his relam with the Shooting Star Press. He used to do them ALL the time, no problem. What went wrong in that particular match was that he was just pretty much blown out from wrestling Angle for all that time. The match was supposed to finish with the SSP, but Brock was just simply too tired to hit it. Angle sensed something was wrong and moved.

But yeah, Brock was pretty good at the SSP.

Vocal Ass Chic
Did you just compare a shooting star press to a german suplex? Furthermore, did you just refer to a german suplex as "a specialty move"? When Brock did that, he lept completely out of his realm. I"m not suggesting Cena do that. /COLOR]

jeez, take the joke in the context. get off your soap-box and take the stik out your ass!

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"]And if you watch a non-squash match that Simon Dean is in, you sill see he uses all of his prowess. He does not tone himself down...

really? bcos i've seen him do the swanton and his ddt-neckbreaker-combo all the time as simon dean

Vocal Ass Chic
out of his relm...?

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/r32kaZifKHA"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/r32kaZifKHA" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Londoner
08-10-2006, 07:16 PM
u can find him boring all u want. but do us a favor, nxt time turn off the tv instead of sitting thru it just so u can come on the internet later n complain.

i switch off the highlanders when they come on. its simple. :rant:

What do you think I do? Ofcourse I turn over if something boring happens. But you know what? I'm still going to complain about having to turn the channel. I want to be able to watch it all the way through like i could back in the day, and if im not being entertained like that then I have a right to complain about shit entertainment.

If one of the highlanders got a John Cena push you would be marking out for them to, I bet.

Chavo Classic
08-10-2006, 07:17 PM
ha ha, afterlife is getting owned by rockgurl!

Xero
08-10-2006, 07:18 PM
If one of the highlanders got a John Cena push you would be marking out for them to, I bet.
That's basically what happened to the Spirit Squad.

So VAC, are you a SS fan?

Londoner
08-10-2006, 07:18 PM
Is that who it is? Haha.

I bet its really sadistic, or vermaat.

Blitz
08-10-2006, 07:19 PM
Jesus Christ, why are you wasting time arguing with a sock?

Anybody Thrilla
08-10-2006, 07:19 PM
The Spirit Squad is much more talented than The Highlanders.

Vocal Ass Chic
08-10-2006, 07:20 PM
What do you think I do? Ofcourse I turn over if something boring happens. But you know what? I'm still going to complain about having to turn the channel. I want to be able to watch it all the way through like i could back in the day.

whatever generation, whatever time, whatever fed, they will always be a john cena-typed person getting a push (which you think) he doesnt deserve. its part of wrestling so ur complaining is futile bcos it will always happen. in this instance, its cena.

I think the word you're looking for is fickle. and no, i am not

Xero
08-10-2006, 07:20 PM
The Spirit Squad is much more talented than The Highlanders.
It doesn't mean they deserve the push they had, which has seemed to disappeared now, thank God.

Anybody Thrilla
08-10-2006, 07:21 PM
But it does make their push a hell of a lot more tolerable than a Highlanders one would be.

Chavo Classic
08-10-2006, 07:22 PM
Is that who it is? Haha.

I bet its really sadistic, or vermaat.

Nope. I believe Vermaat is RP and Sadistic was Xero. Alter-egos are still gay regardless

Xero
08-10-2006, 07:22 PM
But it does make their push a hell of a lot more tolerable than a Highlanders one would be.

Okay, I'll agree with that. But they still shouldn't have had the spot.

Xero
08-10-2006, 07:23 PM
Nope. I believe Vermaat is RP and Sadistic was Xero. Alter-egos are still gay regardless
I'm glad everyone picked up on my capitalization of "sadistic" back there.

Anybody Thrilla
08-10-2006, 07:24 PM
Okay, I'll agree with that. But they still shouldn't have had the spot.

Why not? They're a talented group of guys. They were something innovative. They were entertaining. Were they supposed to pay dues or something?

Chavo Classic
08-10-2006, 07:26 PM
CZW is the number 3 promotion

mwha ha ha ha

Xero
08-10-2006, 07:27 PM
Why not? They're a talented group of guys. They were something innovative. They were entertaining. Were they supposed to pay dues or something?
Well they weren't supposed to main event half of the first half of the year on RAW. You're telling me that to push someone you HAVE to push them in the main event right from the get-go, and shove them down our throats? Because that's what they did.

Londoner
08-10-2006, 07:28 PM
whatever generation, whatever time, whatever fed, they will always be a john cena-typed person getting a push (which you think) he doesnt deserve. its part of wrestling so ur complaining is futile bcos it will always happen. in this instance, its cena.

Remember back when wrestling was entertaining all the way through a show? When there was Rock/Angle/ HHH all at their best? I didn't see any undeserved pushes then. Or not any as undeserved as what cena is getting.

I think the word you're looking for is fickle. and no, i am not

The fact that you're a Cena mark means you're fickle, sorry but its true.

Fucking hell boredom does make you do strange things, why the hell am I wasting my time with a Cena fan?

Chavo Classic
08-10-2006, 07:30 PM
I would wait until a good year to see how effective their push has been. If at least two of them haven't dropped off the face of the planet following their imminent break-up then it could well be seen as a 'master-stroke'. They would have taken a couple of complete unknowns (including Kerwin's caddy, for fucks sake) and turned them into reliable mid-carders, if not main eventers.

Vocal Ass Chic
08-10-2006, 07:36 PM
Remember back when wrestling was entertaining all the way through a show? When there was Rock/Angle/ HHH all at their best? I didn't see any undeserved pushes then. Or not any as undeserved as what cena is getting.

gr8 idea of using the golden years of the wwe as an example. those years were so special and unique that there bound to be an anomaly.

So youv found one example (and even then the triple h saga was just about to unfold) but ur ignoring jarrett in tna, hogan in wwf/wcw, triple h in wwe and the nepotism between the von erich and rhodes families. tsk. what a shame

The fact that you're a Cena mark means you're fickle, sorry but its true.

Fucking hell boredom does make you do strange things, why the hell am I wasting my time with a Cena fan?

Complete prejudice. the very fact im a cena fan means nothing. i like him bcos he's aimed at my demographic and he appeal to me. think back to who u liked when u wer just starting off watching wrestling. was it someone who u'd be proud to say now? or are you going to make it up like afterlife and say you've like scotty 2 hotty all along. yeh, thats the real reason he got drawn in.... for the fucking worm!!!!1111

Xero
08-10-2006, 07:39 PM
Complete prejudice. the very fact im a cena fan means nothing. i like him bcos he's aimed at my demographic and he appeal to me.
Are you a younger than 13 male or younger than 20 female? Because if not, you're not in the demo.

Vocal Ass Chic
08-10-2006, 07:41 PM
could you not be bothered to look at my profile? or are you trying to prove something by saying he's only for immature audiences?

if u like cena, u like cena. it should not be restricted to age. yeh, it'd be weird if i were 25 and i liked him, but im not

Afterlife
08-10-2006, 07:43 PM
jeez, take the joke in the context. get off your soap-box and take the stik out your ass!

really? bcos i've seen him do the swanton and his ddt-neckbreaker-combo all the time as simon dean

1. I don't have a stick in my ass, I have a point that you're ignoring.

2. No, Simon Dean doesn't wrestle exactly as Nova did when he's on tv.

3. And I'm sure Brock was great with an SSP. But as he'd refrained from such high calibur high-fly moves up to that point, it was a definite bad idea.

4. 2 and 3 are just ways to dilude #1.

Xero
08-10-2006, 07:44 PM
could you not be bothered to look at my profile? or are you trying to prove something by saying he's only for immature audiences?

if u like cena, u like cena. it should not be restricted to age. yeh, it'd be weird if i were 25 and i liked him, but im not
You see, though, one type of demographic IS restricted by age. Unless you're a white boy who listens to horrible rap. Then you ARE in the right demo and I apologize.

Londoner
08-10-2006, 07:44 PM
gr8 idea of using the golden years of the wwe as an example. those years were so special and unique that there bound to be an anomaly.

The attitude era was what got me into wrestling. So naturally i'm going to pick that example.

So youv found one example (and even then the triple h saga was just about to unfold) but ur ignoring jarrett in tna, hogan in wwf/wcw, triple h in wwe and the nepotism between the von erich and rhodes families. tsk. what a shame

Yes, and was the Triple H saga entertaining? No. Is JJ entertaining? No. You're basically proving my point for me. Cena's push was as boring as those examples you mentioned.

Complete prejudice. the very fact im a cena fan means nothing. i like him bcos he's aimed at my demographic and he appeal to me. think back to who u liked when u wer just starting off watching wrestling. was it someone who u'd be proud to say now? or are you going to make it up like afterlife and say you've like scotty 2 hotty all along. yeh, thats the real reason he got drawn in.... for the fucking worm!!!!1111

When I started watching wrestling which was in 2000, it was the Rock/HHH/ Foley (etc...)that got me watching.

And please don't compare me with afterlife, i don't believe anyone who says they got into wrestling cause of people like S2H.

Afterlife
08-10-2006, 07:51 PM
like him bcos he's aimed at my demographic and he appeal to me. think back to who u liked when u wer just starting off watching wrestling. was it someone who u'd be proud to say now? or are you going to make it up like afterlife and say you've like scotty 2 hotty all along. yeh, thats the real reason he got drawn in.... for the fucking worm!!!!1111

I admit, I haven't known Scotty since his birth, so I can't say I liked him "all along". But your judgement of me as a Scotty fan seems a bit hypocritical.

Oh, and that bit about you liking him b/c you're in the demographic...that means you like him b/c they want you to like him, and not because he deserves it.

Chavo Classic
08-10-2006, 07:51 PM
http://tpww.net/forums/showthread.php?&p=1373487#post1373487

you can stop now

Afterlife
08-10-2006, 07:56 PM
LMAO

Oh, my God.

I did not "get into wrestling" because of Scotty 2 Hotty.

For the love of crap.

I started watching the show in the late 90s because a friend of mine liked it and I wanted to find out why. I enjoyed the shows and I liked most of the characters. But I"ve always been an underdog fan. I loved Foley, and Angle was an instant favorite. But I loved Steven Richards as the leader of RTC, and Too Cool was phenominal showmanship.

And fuck it anyway, I don't have to explain myself. I"m here because I like wrestling, and that's all you need to know.

Chavo Classic
08-10-2006, 08:05 PM
I trust this opened ur eyes, because you nearly just got owned by a n00b. Just because this guy liked Cena didn't mean his points weren't valid, because the majority were actually from my brain, albeit through his mouth. And I know that these opinions would have had more respect if they were from me...

Did you just compare a shooting star press to a german suplex? Furthermore, did you just refer to a german suplex as "a specialty move"? When Brock did that, he lept completely out of his realm

No, he was performing a move he’d successfully executed many time on the independents. If you want help I even posted a video for you. I guess that makes you ignorant for not knowing that yet blabbing about it.

And if you watch a non-squash match that Simon Dean is in, you sill see he uses all of his prowess. He does not tone himself down. Yes, he portrays a WWE character and not Nova, but Simon Dean is a fresh start for him

Simon Dean doesn't wrestle exactly as Nova did when he's on tv

So, what’s your point here? Simon Dean is being held back… we can all see that he’s not being allowed to do the things he can do. Whether that’s good or bad for him is irrelevant, as my basic point came back to this…

i am saying that the wwe doesnt always let wrestlers be themselves. they are packaged for what they think is the good of the product. they havent given nova a chance when we all know he's amazzzzzing!

its not as easy as cena turning round and saying 'hey, i wanna be me now" bcos he cant.

Anybody Thrilla
08-10-2006, 08:12 PM
Well they weren't supposed to main event half of the first half of the year on RAW. You're telling me that to push someone you HAVE to push them in the main event right from the get-go, and shove them down our throats? Because that's what they did.

I didn't say you HAVE to do anything. The only two things I said was that they were more talented than the Highlanders and that makes them more tolerable. THAT'S ALL.

Afterlife
08-10-2006, 08:14 PM
First, I didn't blab about anything. I also responded to Brock's flying ability earlier up the page.

My point was not that Simon Dean was being held back, but that when you watch him in an actual match, you can see him actually trying. The man's not Nova, but he does still put on a helluva show.

I"ve also already responded to the quotes from VAC that you've posted here, so I don't feel the need to do so again.

He started a thread with a question, I answered the question, and he refused to accept it. That's his problem. If that gets me "owned", then owned, I must be.

Chavo Classic
08-10-2006, 08:19 PM
Yes, and was the Triple H saga entertaining? No. Is JJ entertaining? No. You're basically proving my point for me. Cena's push was as boring as those examples you mentioned.

No, my point was that there will always be a guy like Cena who does not entirely deserve his push. You referred back to the attitude days, which like VAC said was an anomaly in the fact it was one of the few occasions when three to four individuals were at the top. Vince Russo put it perfectly, that there will never be a time when a fed will have guys like the Rock, Austin, Foley and Undertaker around at one time.

And coming up to late 1999, began the Helmsley-McMahon era, so that generation was hardly immune from nepotistic booking either.

Did I believe Cena deserves his spot? Probably not. I believe, that as per usual the bookers fucked up Cena. He was entertaining as hell and, like The Rock, was a heel who the fans loved to hate. You could blame them for changing his character, or you could say they tweaked his image perfectly to satisfy the headliner they needed to reach ‘that’ demographic.

But regardless of wherever you go, whatever you watch or whenever you watched it, guys like Cena are always around. So you better get used to him, and the guy after him, and the guy after him…

p.s. I intend never to quote Russo again. I apologise.

Chavo Classic
08-10-2006, 08:21 PM
He started a thread with a question, I answered the question, and he refused to accept it. That's his problem. If that gets me "owned", then owned, I must be.

Nah, you didn't get owned. It was a social experiment in the forums. The only person who didn't want to flame the n00b was Thrilla, and Kudos to him.

Some of my points were a little stretched as well otherwise I wouldn't have looked like a Cena mark's. Don't feel bad. It was great arguing with you. :D

Skippord
08-10-2006, 08:22 PM
Cena's Gay *exits thread*

Vocal Ass Chic
08-10-2006, 08:25 PM
Cena's Gay *exits thread*

fuck you smark!

Afterlife
08-10-2006, 08:26 PM
....I am so confused.

Londoner
08-10-2006, 08:28 PM
No, my point was that there will always be a guy like Cena who does not entirely deserve his push. You referred back to the attitude days, which like VAC said was an anomaly in the fact it was one of the few occasions when three to four individuals were at the top. Vince Russo put it perfectly, that there will never be a time when a fed will have guys like the Rock, Austin, Foley and Undertaker around at one time.

And coming up to late 1999, began the Helmsley-McMahon era, so that generation was hardly immune from nepotistic booking either.

Did I believe Cena deserves his spot? Probably not. I believe, that as per usual the bookers fucked up Cena. He was entertaining as hell and, like The Rock, was a heel who the fans loved to hate. You could blame them for changing his character, or you could say they tweaked his image perfectly to satisfy the headliner they needed to reach ‘that’ demographic.

But regardless of wherever you go, whatever you watch or whenever you watched it, guys like Cena are always around. So you better get used to him, and the guy after him, and the guy after him…

p.s. I intend never to quote Russo again. I apologise.

There maybe guys like Cena every now and then that get undeserved pushes, doesn't mean it's going to get ratings.

Londoner
08-10-2006, 08:30 PM
fuck you smark!

CC stop using alter-egos to back you up! :shifty:

McLegend
08-10-2006, 09:20 PM
OMFG People who say Cena didnt deserve his push piss me off you obviously didn't pay attention to Cena's Career.

He was over like roover. He was in the midcard for a good period of time. His Mic skills are just as good as anyones in fact I would say he is in top 3 in the company. People cared and still care about him. They didn't Orton him and blow thier load early on him. It was time for him be in the main event and the world title scene.

Then when he became Champ he busted his ass for the company. The man deserved his push.

Just because you hate him doens't mean he didnt deserve the push.

Xero
08-10-2006, 09:31 PM
OMFG People who say Cena didnt deserve his push piss me off you obviously didn't pay attention to Cena's Career.

He was over like roover. He was in the midcard for a good period of time. His Mic skills are just as good as anyones in fact I would say he is in top 3 in the company. People cared and still care about him. They didn't Orton him and blow thier load early on him. It was time for him be in the main event and the world title scene.

Then when he became Champ he busted his ass for the company. The man deserved his push.

Just because you hate him doens't mean he didnt deserve the push.
They booked him wrong.

Xero
08-10-2006, 09:31 PM
Yes, I feel that one sentence can sum that up.

McLegend
08-10-2006, 09:35 PM
Yeah you're right they booked him wrong.

I argee 100% on that.

Kane Knight
08-10-2006, 09:54 PM

You brought up demographics, and then you argue that it shouldn't be restricted by age?

Wait, why am I arguing with someone I know to be a joke account?

Kane Knight
08-10-2006, 09:59 PM
3. And I'm sure Brock was great with an SSP. But as he'd refrained from such high calibur high-fly moves up to that point, it was a definite bad idea.

Well, except brock was known for it in OVW, and had been busting it out during house shows as a warmup for Mania. It's not so much that he had refrained, he had been using it prior, he just fucked it up. Come on, Juvi's fucked top rope moves, and he does them all the time.

Anybody Thrilla
08-10-2006, 10:03 PM
Just out of curiosity, can somebody tell me how Cena should have been booked?

Kane Knight
08-10-2006, 10:05 PM
Like the other negroes.

McLegend
08-10-2006, 10:14 PM
It's easy to say in hindsight, but he probably shouldn't have become so whitemeat babyface. He should have had more heels, because feuding with Angle killed him. That's where I think they booked him wrong. They should have kept Kurt away from him like kept Angle on SD. They shouldn't have tried to make Angle Anti-American and this big uber-heel. If they keep Angle away I say the heat for Cena wouldn't have gotten as bad as it did.

Like I said though it's easy to say in hindsight. Also to Cena's credit the booing isn't nearly as bad anymore, and it looks like they did the right thing keeping him face.

Anybody Thrilla
08-10-2006, 10:21 PM
Like the other negroes.

ALL HAIL KING CENA!!!

:wtf:

Kane Knight
08-10-2006, 10:24 PM
It's not hard to see, though, without hindsight . People were complaining about it almost instantly when he stopped rapping, started becoming bland babyface boy, etc.

They violated a very simple principle by fucking the way he got over, and trying to make him over instead.

CYCLOPTERSAURUS
08-10-2006, 10:42 PM
My question is why did fans stop booing him? There was a huge crowd backlash at the beginning of the year, but it just sort of stopped, and I can't figure out why. He's still the same old bland babyface that sucks in the ring.

Petethegeekstreet
08-10-2006, 10:46 PM
After the RVD match at ONS they just kinda stopped. It was the pay off. That and I think some people realized they were dicks...

McLegend
08-10-2006, 10:50 PM
It's his whole fued with ECW. Cena came out of that looking like gold. Also don't forget Edge. I think Edge has been doing some great heel work, but also he isn't as respected as say Angle is.

Also another reason could be because now WWE reconginzes the boos that Cena gets and now it might be not be as fun to boo Cena. I'm not really sure about the last one, but it might be a small probablity.

Kane Knight
08-10-2006, 10:51 PM
My question is why did fans stop booing him? There was a huge crowd backlash at the beginning of the year, but it just sort of stopped, and I can't figure out why. He's still the same old bland babyface that sucks in the ring.

I think people just stopped caring. There's only so long you can give shit attention...

Skippord
08-10-2006, 11:02 PM
They stopped boing him because he doesnt have the title

OverTaker
08-10-2006, 11:05 PM
You know he's getting it back because it's still a spinner title.

Kane Knight
08-10-2006, 11:05 PM
They booed him when he was chasing the title before.

Kane Knight
08-10-2006, 11:06 PM
I agree with whatever fucktard said the fans just realised they were being dicks. I mean, dammit, why should people boo the guys they don't like? That is so unfair.

OverTaker
08-10-2006, 11:08 PM
Its wrong to dislike now days.

Skippord
08-10-2006, 11:09 PM
Maybe more children are getting tickets

FourFifty
08-11-2006, 02:09 AM
why does everyone hate Cena and his followers?

Because you touch yourself.

RaginRonic
08-11-2006, 02:15 AM
Honestly, I really don't have much of an opinion on Cena either way. Just needs to do a random moveset every match. And maybe shuffle up the moves he uses near the end a bit.

Oh, and the word nepotism? Isn't that a little bit of a big word for our favorite VAC-cum Cleaner to be using? Hmmmm...?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Oh, and a friend of mine, Bunnie, says to go take a piss on any Hunter fan out there. Hunter's a little too faggy for her
taste!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :lol: :lol: :lol: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

FourFifty
08-11-2006, 02:35 AM
Allow me to try to say this without being judgmental.
It's part of being a wrestling fan. A lot of people will tell you that <strike>one of the greatest performers ever,</strike> Ric Flair shouldn't wrestle while other people <strike>like these goddamn sheep</strike> cheer for <strike>Mr. “Hold Everyone Down” himself</strike> Hogan. Some people will tell you that <strike>a mediocre wrestler like</strike> Mick Foley <strike>who is still a damn good interview</strike> is the greatest person in the ring. At one point in time I would have told you that <strike>the man who needs more rest stops during a match than my grandmother needs rest room breaks on a long car ride</strike> Randy Orton is the future of the industry <strike>until I actually WATCHED one of his matches! Seriously, what the fuck do people see in this asshole!?!?</strike>.
I have to deal with people who hate who I like. Ric Flair, The Highlanders <strike>I’M ROBBIE!!!!</strike>, JBL, Kane, Regal, Steve Austin, Hayabusa, Mongo, CM Punk, and the list goes on… On line, face to face, friends, family, people who I don’t know. I deal with their criticisms on a habitual basis. You just have to put up with it.

If you’re a Cena fan, then cheer for him and be prepared for people to say you’re an idiot. I take a lot of flack for saying Bret screwed Bret and Ric Flair isn’t to blame for Foley not going anywhere in WCW. Just be a man and stop bitching about the fact that not everyone sees eye to eye with you.

And while you're at it, don't listen to emo.

Edit- I haven't read the whole thread <strike>because I'm sure most of this drek isn't worth my time</strike> so sorry if I said what someone else has already said.

St. Jimmy
08-11-2006, 02:46 AM
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to FourFifty again.

Anybody Thrilla
08-11-2006, 02:48 AM
This thread actually hosted some pretty decent debate. Way to try and be cool, though.

FourFifty
08-11-2006, 02:54 AM
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to FourFifty again.

Twice in one night? Wow.

Londoner
08-11-2006, 07:49 AM
I think people just stopped caring. There's only so long you can give shit attention...

I think they realised that by booing him that was still doing Cena a favour because remember when Cena said 'aslong as I get a reaction, I don't care?' And it wasn't working so the only other option was to be silent and let the kids cheer him. Seems to have worked.

Skippord
08-11-2006, 07:53 AM
Allow me to try to say this without being judgmental.
It's part of being a wrestling fan. A lot of people will tell you that <strike>one of the greatest performers ever,</strike> Ric Flair shouldn't wrestle while other people <strike>like these goddamn sheep</strike> cheer for <strike>Mr. “Hold Everyone Down” himself</strike> Hogan. Some people will tell you that <strike>a mediocre wrestler like</strike> Mick Foley <strike>who is still a damn good interview</strike> is the greatest person in the ring. At one point in time I would have told you that <strike>the man who needs more rest stops during a match than my grandmother needs rest room breaks on a long car ride</strike> Randy Orton is the future of the industry <strike>until I actually WATCHED one of his matches! Seriously, what the fuck do people see in this asshole!?!?</strike>.
I have to deal with people who hate who I like. Ric Flair, The Highlanders <strike>I’M ROBBIE!!!!</strike>, JBL, Kane, Regal, Steve Austin, Hayabusa, Mongo, CM Punk, and the list goes on… On line, face to face, friends, family, people who I don’t know. I deal with their criticisms on a habitual basis. You just have to put up with it.

If you’re a Cena fan, then cheer for him and be prepared for people to say you’re an idiot. I take a lot of flack for saying Bret screwed Bret and Ric Flair isn’t to blame for Foley not going anywhere in WCW. Just be a man and stop bitching about the fact that not everyone sees eye to eye with you.

And while you're at it, don't listen to emo.

Edit- I haven't read the whole thread <strike>because I'm sure most of this drek isn't worth my time</strike> so sorry if I said what someone else has already said.

Fourfifty may be the only person in the world to like Steve McMichael(or however the fuck you spell it)

Ben Rodrigues
08-11-2006, 07:58 AM
Torrie Wilson is a homo.

Just John
08-11-2006, 10:56 AM
No, seriously. It wouldn't matter if he were the US champion or the fucking Cruiserweight champion. His moveset would be the same. I don't see why you think it would be any different. You say because he uses the same moves to win all the time? Guess what? THAT'S BEEN A TRADITION IN WRESTLING FOR A BILLION YEARS NOW. Finishing moves are not a new concept.

You are missing the point, before The Rock was 'The Rock' (Rocky Miavia) he had a pretty sturdy moveset, y'know it varied quite alot, but when he became very popular and started really selling merchandise, it became the same old same old ways of ending a match, (The Rock Bottom, Peoples Elbow etc.) this is done to create the impression that the move is strong, and will get the crowd on its feet when they see it, which is helpful in dull parts of the match.

Since Cena has been the WWE champ he has used the same moves to win matches (FU, STFU) but when he was in the leagues of the U.S title, his matches were more entertaining and more varied (Look at Cena Vs Big Show Wrestlemania XX that was a great match) also, he had a strong fanbase and was selling merch like hotcakes too.

Yes this process happens with all wrestlers who hit the big time, (Beleive it or not, when Hulk Hogan was wrestling in Japan he wasn't too bad) but like Hogan, John Cenas glory has just dragged on, his promos have been dull (Funny doesnt make them refreshing, but I guess it makes them a little better) Cena wont be able to go back to the U.S champion level no one will buy it. But a heel turn would be very refreshing. New moves, new promos, new attitude towards fans.

Just John
08-11-2006, 11:00 AM
Just out of curiosity, can somebody tell me how Cena should have been booked?

He was booked fine, I just think he has been champ way too long, or at least a face champ way too long. I'd like to see the heel Cena back.

Sadistic
08-11-2006, 11:34 AM
I hated Cena before it was cool.

Kane Knight
08-11-2006, 01:26 PM
Too bad your hatred is no different than the fanboys who love him.

Anybody Thrilla
08-11-2006, 02:22 PM
See just john, you actually made a point there. However, I wouldn't take Cena v. Big Show as a prime example. When you're wrestling somebody that big, you HAVE to pull out different moves. He can't just toss the Big Show around like nothing, and it wouldn't look right for Show to be floored by a clothesline. During Cena's championship tenure, I think he was mostly just repetitive on Raw, but his PPV matches were as good as they'd ever been from him.

Just John
08-11-2006, 02:28 PM
I kinda meant the end, considering Cena wasn't as over then as he is now, just an FU would ruin the match, no one would buy that, but the part with the brass knucks and the chain distraction was pretty damn innovative, at least when he isnt expected to win all the time you can see some pretty cool shit on his behalf, I just think Cena needs to step down and heel it up, he needs the equivilent of Hogans' nWo turn.

Anybody Thrilla
08-11-2006, 02:32 PM
He can't have that now, though. When Hogan did it, EVERYBODY was a Hogan fan. Now if he turned heel, he'd probably get the same mixed reaction, only the people that booed before might start to cheer and vice versa.

Anybody Thrilla
08-11-2006, 02:32 PM
If Cena would've turned heel as SOON as he won the title, I would've loved that.

Just John
08-11-2006, 02:35 PM
Yeah, he needs a fued with someone the marks and possibly 'smarks' detest, then just snap it up and get them to join forces in some kinda plot twist.

Anybody Thrilla
08-11-2006, 02:36 PM
I really don't think there's anybody who could do that for him at press time.

Arnold HamNegger
08-11-2006, 02:40 PM
The major problem I have with Cena's character is that they haven't booked him to lose clean in so long, I actually can't remember the last time that occured. Let's look at some of his opponents within the last year or so:

Chris Jericho
Kurt Angle
Edge
HHH
RVD

All of these are arguably Hall of Fame wrestlers/superstars. Cena's character is booked as "unorthodoxed", "not technically sound", "street fighter", etc. Would it really kill him to lose a fucking match and, oh...I don't know, admittedly learn something from these ring veterans? The fact that he's booked OVER and OVER again in superman fashion over these calibur opponents is bullshit. All the opponents I have mentioned have lost clean within the time frame Cena moved to Raw, why can't he? That would make him more human and give his matches a hint of realism that he's sorely missing IMO. "Same old shit" sums it up perfectly.

Just John
08-11-2006, 02:46 PM
Yeah, sometimes I hate smarks, they complain about wrestling but dont do anything, at least marks are buying shit, which keeps WWE alive.

I think WWE tried to appeal to the smarks when they thought "Hmm, smarks like technical wrestlers, lets give him a submission hold to use alot" when really, it just doesnt fit Cena.

If Cena was such a brawler that he's made out to be he should use it alot more, people would still cheer him, and it would make his character seem more real. Cena fighting dirty doesnt automatically make him a heel.

Arnold HamNegger
08-11-2006, 02:53 PM
I really don't think there's anybody who could do that for him at press time.

Big Vis? He could be the white sexual chocolate. :shifty:

Anybody Thrilla
08-11-2006, 02:56 PM
I was actually quite impressed with the Cena/Viscera match on Monday.

Just John
08-11-2006, 02:57 PM
Actually, you know that Vis thing got me thinking, You know he wears that big PVC coat thing, is that even allowed? I mean, there is restrictions on attire, guys like the hardy boyz and the undertaker have bypassed it because it helps their image, but Vis doesnt really have an image, and if he does, is it important enough to be allowed to wear it?

Anybody Thrilla
08-11-2006, 02:59 PM
He wears pajamas, man.

Just John
08-11-2006, 03:02 PM
Woah shit, are bathrobes prohibited too?

Anybody Thrilla
08-11-2006, 03:04 PM
OK, what the fuck are you talking about? If you mean the dress code, that only applies to being in public. You can wear whatever you want in the ring.

Arnold HamNegger
08-11-2006, 03:05 PM
I was actually quite impressed with the Cena/Viscera match on Monday.

It wasn't nearly as bad I thought it was gonna be, I'll give you that.

The more I think about it, all Cena would have to do is kick the shit out of Lilian for the heel turn and team up with Vis/Haas. "Yo, quit dissin' my niggaz Mexitease!"

Then after Lita costs Edge his title, he could beat the botch out of her and join with Vis, Haas and Cena. They could be a wife beater faction.

See, this is practically writing itself!

(I better add a...:shifty: )

Just John
08-11-2006, 03:09 PM
OK, what the fuck are you talking about? If you mean the dress code, that only applies to being in public. You can wear whatever you want in the ring.

No, you can't. It can only be leotards, trunks, shorts, tights. With rubber soled trainers/boots. Hence why you wont see wrestlers wrestling in Jeans, also there are restrictions for protruding things like horns, spikes, etc. of course all that is bypassed if the wrestler can make a valid case as to why it fits his character.

Kane Knight
08-11-2006, 03:11 PM
I don't think Cena would be getting a mixed reaction had they turned him heel. He was already essentially a heel, and they went on to cheer him for it, because he was entertaining. Even as a face, it didn't bother people that much, until they decided to ram him down our throats.

It really is the "force fed" phenomenon that everyone hates. The fact that he's gone from being a brilliant heel to a boring face doesn't help matters much, but I don't think it matters much either way anyway.

The WWE fans said, "we like strawberry ice cream." WWE said "We're giving you vanilla." WWE fans said, "Oh well, ice cream's ice cream." So they ate, and then WWE proceded to take it and shove it down the fans' throats. Now the fans are sick, fat, and in jeopardy of losing a foot to diabetes.

Anybody Thrilla
08-11-2006, 03:12 PM
No, you can't. It can only be leotards, trunks, shorts, tights. With rubber soled trainers/boots. Hence why you wont see wrestlers wrestling in Jeans, also there are restrictions for protruding things like horns, spikes, etc. of course all that is bypassed if the wrestler can make a valid case as to why it fits his character.

The British Bulldog wrestled in jeans during his 'hardcore' years in the WWE. The Smoking Gunns wrestled in jeans. Cena wrestles in jean shorts and gym shoes. I could go on, but I don't feel I have to.

Just John
08-11-2006, 03:18 PM
Because it is Cenas image to wear that stuff, same with others, there is more in the acceptable range than in the unacceptable range

Anybody Thrilla
08-11-2006, 03:22 PM
And the WWE is FULL of characters. Are you trying to say that you must dress the code unless it fits your character? That's silly. Anybody can have a character and make a case for wearing whatever in the ring. In that sense, there are no restrictions. It sounds like you're saying there's a dress code for people who have no personality whatsoever.

On a side note, remember Goldust back when he was in his REALLY weird phase with Luna? He wear the most cracked out shit of all time.

Just John
08-11-2006, 03:28 PM
And the WWE is FULL of characters. Are you trying to say that you must dress the code unless it fits your character? That's silly. Anybody can have a character and make a case for wearing whatever in the ring. In that sense, there are no restrictions. It sounds like you're saying there's a dress code for people who have no personality whatsoever.

On a side note, remember Goldust back when he was in his REALLY weird phase with Luna? He wear the most cracked out shit of all time.

Mistake on my behalf, I phrased it wrong, not really a dresscode, but there are restrictions on ring attire, like metal and things.

Anybody Thrilla
08-11-2006, 03:29 PM
Sure, but he doesn't even wear metal anymore. He wears pajamas. It is a part of his character, though.. The World's Largest Love Machine.

Kane Knight
08-11-2006, 03:30 PM
Because it is Cenas image to wear that stuff, same with others, there is more in the acceptable range than in the unacceptable range

What about wrestlers forced to wrestle in their street clothes?

There's no real dress code. You wear a costume, but a costume can be anything from jeans to S&M.

I'd imagine some things are banned, but don't tell us that jeans are banned or that there's a strict code of dress, when it's clear there is not.

Afterlife
08-11-2006, 03:31 PM
John Cena picked up his 100th victory in 2006 by defeating Viscera on Monday Night Raw. For those who really want to get detailed with this, Cena's record is 100-14-1 in 115 matches.

^---That's what I dislike. I hate supermen. Wether it's John Cena, Triple H, Hugo Fabuki or the Man in the Moon, I can't stand indestructible people.

Kane Knight
08-11-2006, 03:31 PM
Mistake on my behalf, I phrased it wrong, not really a dresscode, but there are restrictions on ring attire, like metal and things.

They restrict things which are overtly dangerous. The LOD couldn't wrestle in their spikes. What on the Hardyz is restricted? Or would be, if it didn't fit their character?

Anybody Thrilla
08-11-2006, 03:32 PM
You can't tape butcher knives to your attire unless your gimmick is a chef.

Arnold HamNegger
08-11-2006, 03:33 PM
No, you can't. It can only be leotards, trunks, shorts, tights. With rubber soled trainers/boots. Hence why you wont see wrestlers wrestling in Jeans

THE BROOKLYN BRAWLER IS STILL REAL TO ME DAMNIT!!!!

Anybody Thrilla
John Cena picked up his 100th victory in 2006 by defeating Viscera on Monday Night Raw. For those who really want to get detailed with this, Cena's record is 100-14-1 in 115 matches.

^---That's what I dislike. I hate supermen. Wether it's John Cena, Triple H, Hugo Fabuki or the Man in the Moon, I can't stand indestructible people.

I think their intention was not to make him a Superman, but to make him an underdog. Apparently, they failed, but still.

Anybody Thrilla
THE BROOKLYN BRAWLER IS STILL REAL TO ME DAMNIT!!!!

LOL

Kane Knight

And what do you want to bet that more than half of those losses weren't clean?

Kane Knight
08-11-2006, 03:35 PM
I think their intention was not to make him a Superman, but to make him an underdog. Apparently, they failed, but still.

Yeah, the problem is the underdog thing only works if it legitimately feels like they're overcoming the odds. When someone always wins against insurmountable odds, it's expected. Much like Superman.

Arnold HamNegger
08-11-2006, 03:35 PM
And what do you want to bet that all those losses weren't clean?

Afterlife
08-11-2006, 03:38 PM

HOw is winning 100 out of 115 matches giving the vibe of "underdog"?

Anybody Thrilla
08-11-2006, 03:38 PM
That loss to Edge at NYR was clean....techincally. I mean sure it was following an Elimination Chamber, but the decision in the match that started immediately afterwards was untainted.

Just John
08-11-2006, 03:39 PM
They restrict things which are overtly dangerous. The LOD couldn't wrestle in their spikes. What on the Hardyz is restricted? Or would be, if it didn't fit their character?

I think they were gonna have barbed wire or something of the sort through their pants, to make them seem extreme but it was too dangerous apparently.

Afterlife
08-11-2006, 03:39 PM
And what do you want to bet that more than half of those losses weren't clean?

Clean or not, man...that's a ridiculous ratio.

Anybody Thrilla
08-11-2006, 03:40 PM

I said they failed.

But they kept pushing it like Cena was supposed to lose. How Angle was more talented as a wrestler. How Triple H was the same way. They were TRYING to make him an underdog, but they just did a shit job of it.

Anybody Thrilla
08-11-2006, 03:40 PM
I bet Hogan had a better record in 1992.

Just John
08-11-2006, 03:41 PM

He did say they failed.

EDIT: Oh, you said that, everyone posted and it went to the next page.

Kane Knight
08-11-2006, 03:48 PM
That loss to Edge at NYR was clean....techincally. I mean sure it was following an Elimination Chamber, but the decision in the match that started immediately afterwards was untainted.

It still establishes he can't lose clean. It took two matches, one of which was unexpected, and all sorts of dirty stuff like that. ;)

Kane Knight
08-11-2006, 03:49 PM
Clean or not, man...that's a ridiculous ratio.

Oh, and I agree. I'm just saying it gets even worse when you consider he almost never jobs clean.

Anybody Thrilla
08-11-2006, 03:53 PM
I still think Hogan had a better record in 1992.

Kane Knight
Cena's like Flanders. It's almost comedic how he doesn't get screwed over.

Anybody Thrilla
And don't even get me started on Goldberg.

Afterlife
I said they failed.

But they kept pushing it like Cena was supposed to lose. How Angle was more talented as a wrestler. How Triple H was the same way. They were TRYING to make him an underdog, but they just did a shit job of it.

They said a lot of things. But what they did was another. By the time it got to Angle, we all knew Angle would be defeated time and again because of how inconceivable the title run had been prior. HHH was, at the time, the last logical hope for the end of the Cena tedium. But then he blasted thru him, looking in no way like an underdog. I was shocked when he won...but it wasn't quite like HHH was overly dominant.

That's not "underdog" booking. It's superman booking, with commentators saying "They've never wrestled-- can he beat him?!"

Anybody Thrilla
08-11-2006, 03:54 PM
Yeah, I about shit myself when HHH tapped out to him. I thought by that point he'd be champion well into 2009.

Afterlife
08-11-2006, 03:56 PM
Oh, and I agree. I'm just saying it gets even worse when you consider he almost never jobs clean.

Ah, yes. I thot you meant the fact that half his wins were from chain-fisted slugs when the ref weren't lookin'. But yo'ure right. I'm even more frazzled now. :mad:

Fox
08-11-2006, 09:01 PM
John Cena sucks because he's the company's biggest babyface, and he receives mixed reactions EVERY TIME HE ENTERS THE ARENA. Every fucking time. It doesn't matter where they are: New York, California, Idaho, Arkansas, Washington, Canada! He gets the same fucking 50/50 reaction every time, and it's always noticeably the female/little kid demo that cheers for him, and everybody else who fucking hates him.

Did that happen to Hulk Hogan? No. Did that happen to Stone Cold? HELL no. The Rock? Absolutely not; some of the biggest pops in wrestling's history. Even The Ultimate fucking Warrior never had crowd reactions this bad.

Over on the WCW side: Sting? Never. Goldberg? No. Luger (during late 90's)? No. Booker T? Maybe lackluster reactions, but never half boos and half cheers.

And don't even give me that shit about him being "controversial" so they boo him. That's nothing more than an excuse. The booing happened long before they started calling him "controversial."

More or less, these are the reasons why I hate John Cena.

And even worse, WWE realizes this, yet they continue to shove his boring shit down our throats.

McLegend
08-11-2006, 09:15 PM
Hogan turned heel because he was booed.

Fox
08-11-2006, 09:27 PM
In WCW. I was referring to his WWF career. And he had tons of longevity long before anyone started booing Hulk Hogan. John Cena had approximately 2 months.

Really, that only furthers my point. They need to do something different with John Cena's character, like turn him heel.

McLegend
08-11-2006, 09:31 PM
But Hogan was a different time. If he comes around today he is booed out of the buidling.

Can't say I disargee about doing something different with Cena.

Fox
08-11-2006, 11:13 PM
.....Hogan gets booed out of the building?

McLegend
08-12-2006, 12:57 AM
I was saying if Hogan debut in today's wrestling world he would get booed out of the building.