PDA

View Full Version : Smackdown Spoilers

Dave Youell
08-16-2006, 03:34 AM
Dark Match:

*WWE Cruiserweight champion Gregory Helms defeated Jimmy Yang. Yang was back to doing his cowboy gimmick.

Smackdown:

*Batista pinned Sylvan in under a minute.

*Sylvester Turkay defeated Scotty Too Hotty.

*WWE United States champion Finlay vs. Bobby Lashley was announced for later tonight.

*Kristal was interviewing WWE Tag Team champions Paul London and Brian Kendrick when they were attacked by KC James and Idol Stevens.

*Ken Kennedy pinned Tatanka after pulling the tights.

*Backstage, Vicki Guerrero asks Teddy Long to call off the Summerslam match between Rey Mysterio and Chavo Guerrero. Long turns down the request.

*The Undertaker defeated The Great Khali in a Last Man Standing Match.

*Vito defeated Scott ? (possibly billed as Scott Fuller).

*Bobby Lashley defeated WWE United States champion Finlay via DQ when William Regal interfered.

*WWE World champion King Booker came out, cutting a promo about his Summerslam title defense against Batista. Batista comes out and Booker commands him to kiss Booker's royal foot. Batista steps on his foot, then sits in Booker's royal throne to end Smackdown

St. Jimmy
08-16-2006, 04:03 AM
Lame finish.

FourFifty
08-16-2006, 04:12 AM
Well, I don't know about all of you, but I'm free on Friday now.

Shaved Monkey
08-16-2006, 04:57 AM
I dunno. I kinda want to see Undertaker/Khali. I've never actually seen one of his matches yet, I'm hoping it is that bad.

Xero
08-16-2006, 10:13 AM
ROFL, Taker/Khali didn't even get main event billing on a SmackDown!. I bet Taker's pissed.

Londoner
08-16-2006, 10:46 AM
Sounds like a shit show again. I have no reason to watch SD! other than rey/chavo.

Corkscrewed
08-16-2006, 01:58 PM
rofl

steps on his foot. what a way to end a show

DominateR
08-18-2006, 03:07 PM

Yeah in probably like 20 seconds or less...:nono: :nono: :nono:

mike627
08-18-2006, 03:56 PM
Dark Match:

*WWE Cruiserweight champion Gregory Helms defeated Jimmy Yang. Yang was back to doing his cowboy gimmick.

Smackdown:

*Batista pinned Sylvan in under a minute.

*Sylvester Turkay defeated Scotty Too Hotty.

*WWE United States champion Finlay vs. Bobby Lashley was announced for later tonight.

*Kristal was interviewing WWE Tag Team champions Paul London and Brian Kendrick when they were attacked by KC James and Idol Stevens.

*Ken Kennedy pinned Tatanka after pulling the tights.

*Backstage, Vicki Guerrero asks Teddy Long to call off the Summerslam match between Rey Mysterio and Chavo Guerrero. Long turns down the request.

*Vito defeated Scott ? (possibly billed as Scott Fuller).

*Bobby Lashley defeated WWE United States champion Finlay via DQ when William Regal interfered.

*WWE World champion King Booker came out, cutting a promo about his Summerslam title defense against Batista. Batista comes out and Booker commands him to kiss Booker's royal foot. Batista steps on his foot, then sits in Booker's royal throne to end Smackdownwow,another "great" SD:lol:

The Genius
08-18-2006, 06:17 PM
shit as usual but i will still watch. now my question is where is the vito and turkay push going? i mean is vito suddenly going to get into a feud with a legit wrestler or keep squashing simon dean and sylvan every week. turkay will be the next dan severn........and get dropped off the face of tv.

Team Sheep
08-18-2006, 06:59 PM
Wasn't a bad show tonight, although no Chavo/Rey.

Mr. Nerfect
08-18-2006, 07:05 PM
Watch the show. It was awesome. Seriously.

The Last Man Standing Match was actually pretty good. Daivari worked like Hell to make it work. All The Undertaker needs to do to get my seal of approval is to stop with the stupid zombie shit. We know you're alive, dumbfuck.

The fans were excited after the Last Man Standing Match, so the energy in his match seemed a little higher. They need to put him in an actual feud with someone. I'm thinking Finlay. Fighting Fit can come out, talk about how he takes this all seriously, Vito obviously doesn't, great match ensues. I actually like the idea of the dress being a lucky charm. It kind of parodies Goldberg, as well. If William does sign with TNA, I think they best keep Vito undefeated. I am looking forward to the day where he loses a match and goes back to wearing wrestling attire, though.

Sylvester Terkay won his match with the Muscle Buster. The fans reacted well to it. I don't see why everyone thinks Terkay will go nowhere. The guy can wrestle...and HE'S FUCKING HUGE! The WWE will not let this guy fall into a void and never been seen again.

They need to have Finlay vs. William Regal vs. Bobby Lashley in a Triple Threat Match for the United States Championship. It must be done.

Paul London & Brian Kendrick actually got mic time. Yay! They actually come off as being extremely charismatic. Why the WWE doesn't let them talk more is beyond me. The tag team feuds on SmackDown! have been based around wrestling for the longest time. London, Kendrick, Idol Stevens and KC James can deliver there. Let's get some promos going.

Ken Kennedy vs. Tatanka was a surprising good match. Great psychology used by Kennedy and Tatanka. I can kind of see why they're protecting Tatanka, but one of my philosophies comes into play: Why put an older guy in a role a younger guy can play? Tatanka should have been replaced with another face on the SmackDown! roster. It may seem silly, but Funaki would have been a better pick. Hell, have Hardcore Holly return and hang with Kennedy. This was a good match, but pushing old guys (not even veterans, just old guys) with young guys is not a recipe for success.

SmackDown! is by far the best brand, in my opinion.

Team Sheep
08-18-2006, 07:33 PM
I agree, I find myself looking forward to Smackdown way more to Raw lately.

Mr. Nerfect
08-18-2006, 07:39 PM
I agree, I find myself looking forward to Smackdown way more to Raw lately.

I don't even watch RAW, anymore. I read the reports, find out if anyone I give a shit about it on the broadcast, and because there's usually not, I don't watch.

Team Sheep
08-18-2006, 07:43 PM
The standard of wrestling on Raw just seems poorer to me. It's shocking that Summerslam has 5 Raw matches compared to just 2 from Smackdown.

Volare
08-18-2006, 07:44 PM
Stomping on the foot is the new Finger Poke of Doom....I guess

The Genius
08-18-2006, 08:42 PM
eddie's wife is ugly as hell. i would think someone of his fame would be able to pull something better than that!

Team Sheep
08-18-2006, 08:45 PM
You are forgetting the wonder of inner-beauty my friend.

But on a more shallow note, I agree.

Fox
08-18-2006, 09:05 PM

The Last Man Standing Match was actually pretty good. Daivari worked like Hell to make it work. All The Undertaker needs to do to get my seal of approval is to stop with the stupid zombie shit. We know you're alive, dumbfuck.

Yeah, WWE editors are pretty talented.

St. Jimmy
08-18-2006, 09:08 PM

:rofl: You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Fox again.

The Genius
08-18-2006, 09:11 PM
the kahli taker match wasnt bad at all, actually quite entertained by it. so why couldnt they keep that match on the SS card?

Fox
08-18-2006, 09:45 PM
because they can't edit shit on a live show.

Mr. Nerfect
08-18-2006, 10:43 PM

Yeah, I just read they editted the fuck out of it. It still makes a good watch, though. Just because they airbush the fuck out of a model doesn't mean she isn't worthy of spending time with the right hand.

mike627
08-18-2006, 11:32 PM

The fans were excited after the Last Man Standing Match, so the energy in his match seemed a little higher. They need to put him in an actual feud with someone. I'm thinking Finlay. Fighting Fit can come out, talk about how he takes this all seriously, Vito obviously doesn't, great match ensues. I actually like the idea of the dress being a lucky charm. It kind of parodies Goldberg, as well. If William does sign with TNA, I think they best keep Vito undefeated. I am looking forward to the day where he loses a match and goes back to wearing wrestling attire, though.

Sylvester Terkay won his match with the Muscle Buster. The fans reacted well to it. I don't see why everyone thinks Terkay will go nowhere. The guy can wrestle...and HE'S FUCKING HUGE! The WWE will not let this guy fall into a void and never been seen again.

They need to have Finlay vs. William Regal vs. Bobby Lashley in a Triple Threat Match for the United States Championship. It must be done.

Paul London & Brian Kendrick actually got mic time. Yay! They actually come off as being extremely charismatic. Why the WWE doesn't let them talk more is beyond me. The tag team feuds on SmackDown! have been based around wrestling for the longest time. London, Kendrick, Idol Stevens and KC James can deliver there. Let's get some promos going.

Ken Kennedy vs. Tatanka was a surprising good match. Great psychology used by Kennedy and Tatanka. I can kind of see why they're protecting Tatanka, but one of my philosophies comes into play: Why put an older guy in a role a younger guy can play? Tatanka should have been replaced with another face on the SmackDown! roster. It may seem silly, but Funaki would have been a better pick. Hell, have Hardcore Holly return and hang with Kennedy. This was a good match, but pushing old guys (not even veterans, just old guys) with young guys is not a recipe for success.

SmackDown! is by far the best brand, in my opinion. sorry Alieniod but SD is just crap in my opinion it's the weakest of the three main brands.

Gray
08-19-2006, 02:40 AM
That foot was more disturbing that The Boogeyman eating worms.

*brrrh*

Corkscrewed
08-19-2006, 03:42 AM

We have never doubted the amazing skill of the editors.

Seriously, those guys kick ass. I wouldn't be surprised if having "WWE video editor" on your resume actually stands as an honor in the industry.

SD was pre-empted in my area. Angels beat the Mariners. Jer Weaver is 9-0. Mariners have lost 18 straight games to AL West teams. :lol:

Oh wait, we were talking about Turkeys? Terkays?