PDA

View Full Version : Will Wrestle Mania XX live up to the hype?

Mr. JL
02-08-2004, 01:16 PM
Will it?... or are we going to be very disappointed?

There has been so MANY rumors of who is going to appear at Wrestle Mania XX. Will the mega stars of wrestling's past show up? Will we be treated to excellent in-ring quality matches?

It's supposed to be the biggest event in sports entertainment history.....
can the WWE make Wrestle Mania XX live up to all the hype?

Head
02-08-2004, 01:29 PM
I find it is almost impossible for somthing that is hyped as much as WMXX to live up to the hype.

I'm not gonna expect it to, so I won't be disappointed.

Rock Bottom
02-08-2004, 01:34 PM
^ :y:

I do have hopes though.

Funky Fly
02-08-2004, 01:46 PM
I'm calling it right now:

The show will be spectacular, save for some stupid segment like a celebrity getting in the ring and pushing some heel wrestler around and one finish that will piss EVERYONE off.

Kane Knight
02-08-2004, 01:48 PM
NOTHING could live up to the hype being offered.

I'm not saying it'll suck, just that it can't possibly be as good as is hyped.

The CyNick
02-08-2004, 01:50 PM
It depends what people expect from the show.

Will it be the best WWE PPV of all time, lets say the current best in WM X-7 or maybe CDN Stampede, then I would say knowing what is currently planned, there is enough there to make it a better show than those shows. But, while we kinda knwo the card, we dont know how much time matches will get, and of course we dont know how people will perform on that night.

I dont know exactly what they are planning to do with the Legends, I mean I know they are doing a Hall of Fame deal, but I'm not sure whats going on for the actual show. So, maybe if they do a little ceremony with all the past legends it would give the show that extra special feel. Then if they end up convincing say Bruno and Bret to appear, that would be an awesome deal to see those guys back in a WWE ring.

Then there is the current stars, and how the booking goes. If Benoit wins, that will be very special. If Undertaker is kept off TV until Mania, how big will the pop be for his entrance? How will the fans deal with Goldberg, and what will be the reaction be when he gets F-5'd by Brock? How good will Eddie and Kurt be, and is there a better person to walk out with the real WWE title than Kurt or Eddie? Will HBK put on another top notch performance? What about seeing Mick Foley wrestle for the first time in 4 years, and seeing The Rock make a special appearance? How will the new kids on the block (orton and Cena) get treated by the audience, will this be breakthorugh performances for them? Lots of special things could happen on March 14th.

I guess the problem with the hype is that it pretty much has to be the best show of all time in order to 'live up to the hype'. Thats always a tough thing to go into show with, but this show 'could' actually live up to the hype.

Funky Fly
02-08-2004, 02:04 PM
Very well put, CyNick. As always, you are right. :cool:

Rob
02-08-2004, 02:19 PM
It will probably live up to my expectations but then again, my expectations are probably lower than most peoples. Sadly there is a reason why too which is a shame.

SUPREMO
02-08-2004, 02:59 PM
It will probably live up to it's expectations of being a great event

Kane Knight
02-08-2004, 03:02 PM
It will probably live up to my expectations but then again, my expectations are probably lower than most peoples. Sadly there is a reason why too which is a shame.

Yeah, but I'm betting your expectations are much lower than the hype.

John la Rock
02-08-2004, 03:09 PM
As long as Mr. Robboto wins the World Title then I will be satisfied

Ricky
02-08-2004, 03:28 PM
If Triple H beats Chris Benoit then I think it will go down as the greatest event ever just because of the kick I will get out of reading the outrages on here and the internet in general.

xGuiltyFatex
02-08-2004, 03:59 PM
I still don't get the slogan. "Where it all begins... again." Whats it susposed to mean?

Eunos
02-08-2004, 04:19 PM
I still don't get the slogan. "Where it all begins... again." Whats it susposed to mean?

Cause the original Wrestlemania began in Madison Square garden.

I think..Correct me if im wrong.

Supermark101
02-08-2004, 07:17 PM

I think it means the start of a new "era". The New Generation and Attitude being past "era's"

HeartBreakMan2k
02-08-2004, 07:30 PM
I feel like it will be a great show. Maybe even the greatest of all time, HOWEVER there isn't any wrestling show that could ever live up to the hype of XX.

Kristanna Vola
02-08-2004, 08:10 PM
I think it will be an excellent show. Far as the 'hype' goes, I don't know. Long as I get my money's worth. :y:

Note: MSG crowd better be on there asses...no dead crowd :shifty:

Innovator
02-08-2004, 08:14 PM
Crowds at the garden are never dead

Kristanna Vola
02-08-2004, 08:28 PM
Oh I agree with you from the PPVs and events I've seen in MSG.

Like I said just making note of it.

Mikey
02-08-2004, 09:49 PM
I hope it will live up to the hype for the money that we qwill be paying for it

Mikey
02-08-2004, 09:49 PM
will*

Innovator
02-08-2004, 09:52 PM
Benoit winning the title is enough to beat the hype

Kane Knight
02-08-2004, 09:54 PM
Benoit winning the title is enough to beat the hype

Believe the hype!

Wait...

Goldberg sucks.

The Naitch
02-08-2004, 10:06 PM
I'd laugh if Triple H came out on top with a clean victory. Or any victory of that. Then I'd go online to laugh at the angry posters here expressing their hatred for Triple H. Ahh, wrestling is such a weird thing.

Boondock Saint
02-08-2004, 10:12 PM
It will be great, I'm sure. The bestest show every in existence?!! I doubt it. Some things will appeal to some, while other things will appeal to others. It is hard to hype a show up to the extent of this and surpass or even meet expectations. I'm sure it will be a good show nonetheless. And worth the money

The Cerebral Assassin
02-08-2004, 10:49 PM
It will be one of three things.

1) Better than Wrestlemania 10.

2) As good as Wrestlemania 10.

3) A repeat of Wrestlemania 15 and 16.

Take your pick. I'm hoping for number one.

John la Rock
02-08-2004, 11:48 PM
It will be one of three things.

1) Better than Wrestlemania 10.

2) As good as Wrestlemania 10.

3) A repeat of Wrestlemania 15 and 16.

Take your pick. I'm hoping for number one.

So far with all the rumors going arounf it seems like it's going to be more like Wrestlemania 2000. They're going to ruining 2 really good feuds going (HHH/Benoit, Foley/Orton) and turn that shit into Triple Threat Matches and Tag Matches. Can't wait :shifty:

Splaya
02-08-2004, 11:51 PM
If Triple H beats Chris Benoit then I think it will go down as the greatest event ever just because of the kick I will get out of reading the outrages on here and the internet in general.

That will be the finish that will piss everyone off.

The CyNick
02-08-2004, 11:51 PM
So far with all the rumors going arounf it seems like it's going to be more like Wrestlemania 2000. They're going to ruining 2 really good feuds going (HHH/Benoit, Foley/Orton) and turn that shit into Triple Threat Matches and Tag Matches. Can't wait :shifty:

A lot of things would have to go wrong for this show to be as bad as WM 2000.

I mean Eddie-Angle alone will kill anything on that show.

Kristanna Vola
02-08-2004, 11:52 PM
Ah WM 2000...talk about shitty matches and a dead crowd. Except for the ladder match. I don't think I liked any other matches at that WM.

Splaya
02-08-2004, 11:54 PM
A lot of things would have to go wrong for this show to be as bad as WM 2000.

I mean Eddie-Angle alone will kill anything on that show.

The 10 man cruiserweight battle royal will be the shit hands down if Vince (and more than likely he will) will let the Crusier's fly. Imagine a 15 minute match of just non stop flying action :drool:

This HHH/Benoit/Shawn Michaels match is not going to be as bad as you all think. Benoit and Shawn can carry the match and Trips can get a couple of good minutes in. Plus what you all fail to realize is with Shawn in here, Benoit's chances of winning the World title increase dramatically.

Kristanna Vola
02-09-2004, 12:04 AM
The 10 man cruiserweight battle royal will be the shit hands down if Vince (and more than likely he will) will let the Crusier's fly. Imagine a 15 minute match of just non stop flying action :drool:

This HHH/Benoit/Shawn Michaels match is not going to be as bad as you all think. Benoit and Shawn can carry the match and Trips can get a couple of good minutes in. Plus what you all fail to realize is with Shawn in here, Benoit's chances of winning the World title increase dramatically.

That's what we don't like (well some of us) we want Beniot to pin HHH. Not HBK.

If they wanted to do something like that. Benoit could pin HHH at WM and simply have a singles match with HBK down the road.

It's like this, Beniot pins HBK. HHH will talk about how he got 'screwed' because he wasn't pinned. Thus it hurts Beniot because techically he didn't beat the 'champ'. Which kind of makes Beniot look...no it does make him look like a paper champion.

It should just be HHH/Beniot...but noooooooo :mad:

The CyNick
02-09-2004, 12:27 AM

If they wanted to do something like that. Benoit could pin HHH at WM and simply have a singles match with HBK down the road.

It's like this, Beniot pins HBK. HHH will talk about how he got 'screwed' because he wasn't pinned. Thus it hurts Beniot because techically he didn't beat the 'champ'. Which kind of makes Beniot look...no it does make him look like a paper champion.

Its gonna be even worse, because Benoit is going to win the title without pinning either guy.

Kristanna Vola
02-09-2004, 12:29 AM
Damn. :n: Ah well at least I'll be prepared.

EazyMack
02-09-2004, 02:42 AM
Like most have said, I don't think anything can live up to this kind of hype. However, I think it will be a great one, and I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out to be the best WM thus far.

Corkscrewed
02-09-2004, 02:44 AM
Well, living up to the hype is subjective for everyone, but I believe it could be the best Mania ever.

The build-up certainly has been the best buildup of storylines overall in at least four years. I really like how they're consolidating everything towards The Big Show.

Mr. Nerfect
02-09-2004, 03:32 AM
i have a feeling that WrestleMania won't be the big spectacle it is being dubbed as, as far as media is concerned, but I have a feeling we will look back on WMXX as one of the best PPVs in WWE history.

Rob
02-09-2004, 02:00 PM
Yeah, but I'm betting your expectations are much lower than the hype.

You would be right there.

I'd imagine Benoit vs. HHH vs. HBK would be very good even if it is a ladder match and Eddie and Kurt can't be anything other than excellent but I'm not expecting anything. I actually think Brock and Goldberg will surprise some smarts.

Kane Knight
02-09-2004, 02:45 PM
You would be right there.

I'd imagine Benoit vs. HHH vs. HBK would be very good even if it is a ladder match and Eddie and Kurt can't be anything other than excellent but I'm not expecting anything. I actually think Brock and Goldberg will surprise some smarts.

:y:

I always try and go in expecting nothing of the hype they give. After all, it'd be pretty shitty marketing to announce this is a "pretty good show" or the "second best wrestlemania ever!"

This is why I'm betting it'll never live up to the hype. It really can't. They're marketing it as a miracle, and we will probably get some good matches, but nothing of the pinnacle they are advertising.

But I do hope to be pleasantly surprised, and I know I'll be ordering it just to find out.

Supermark101
02-09-2004, 04:40 PM

The way you expain it would work. I believe Benoit is respected enough by the fans that he would not be a "paper champion."

Everyone thinks it will be a three way. Keep in mind this is sweeps month.
This is what I see happanding...
Tonight is the contract signing, HBK comes out during that and says that he whats a match with HHH before Benoit signs the contract. That can set up either HBK vs. HHH with HBK winning, or a HBK vs. HHH vs. Benoit with HBK beating Benoit, on RAW tonight or next week. HBK going over on Benoit makes since because HHH can come back and say he was never beat for the title after Wrestlemania, and we still have a one-on-one title match at Mania.
HHH then goes to Wrestlemania to team with Randy Orton to take on Rock n' Sock.

SuperSlim
02-09-2004, 04:49 PM
WMXX livin up to the hype?

I seriously doubt that.

Blue Demon
02-09-2004, 04:51 PM
I don't know if it will "live up to the hype" but I'm thinking it could be an excellent show......I better at least get my money's worth...I'm paying a shitload for my seats.