PDA

View Full Version : Special 4th Disc to be added on Hogan Anthology.

mrslackalack
08-22-2006, 12:30 PM
Sources:

The Wrestling Channel and Wrestling Mag.

A special 4th bonus disc will be added to the Hogan Anthology. Those in the UK can get exclusively off Silvervision. People in the states will be able to get it off of a store that is TBD. (so I guess FYE, Circuit City, Wal Mart, Best Buy will get the exclusive Disc) While it doesnt exactly say whats going to be on the bonus disc it will include

- A full match from shortly after Hogan’s debut with the then WWF.
- A full match from the AWA.
- Two matches from Saturday Night’s Main Event.
- One extra Pay-Per-View match as well as a PPV highlights package.
- A bonus interview

Also Amazon.com has listed what number of discs the Piper and AWA DVD's that come out in November will be. Pipers is slated as a 3 Disc set while the AWA's is 2 Discs.

Xero
08-22-2006, 01:01 PM
Hm, I had forgotten about the Piper DVD.

Dammit WWE! Stop making good DVDs!

Corkscrewed
08-22-2006, 01:20 PM
If they put as much effort into their shows as they do their DVD's, we'd prolly have some kickass programming happening.

Xero
08-22-2006, 01:27 PM
If they put as much effort into their shows as they do their DVD's, we'd prolly have some kickass programming happening.
Not really. It's easier for them to pick out when to put on a DVD than it is to write entirely new shows....

So I say just start airing old RAWs, Nitros, SNME's, ECW's, AWA's, etc in place of RAW, SmackDown! and ECW. :shifty:

mrslackalack
08-22-2006, 02:58 PM
Seriously though I think the best thing about WWE lately is their awesome DVD's.

Loose Cannon
08-22-2006, 03:00 PM
So I say just start airing old RAWs, Nitros, SNME's, ECW's, AWA's, etc in place of RAW, SmackDown! and ECW. :shifty:

yea, said the same thing a couple months back. I bet it at least does the same rating as right now.

Some people probably wouldn't even know that the shows are old. Not saying wrestling fans are dumb or anything...

mrslackalack
08-22-2006, 11:28 PM
Here is the Bonus Disc for the Hogan Anthology (only at Wal-Mart in the states and slivervision in europe)

Hulk Hogan vs. Tito Santana 3/24/80 MSG
Hulk Hogan vs. Sonny Rogers & Chuck Greenley AWA debut Summer 81
Hulk Hogan vs. Terry Funk from the Saturday Night's Main Event
Hulk Hogan vs. Harley Race from Saturday Night's Main Event
Hogan wins 1990 Royal Rumble
Hogan vs. Earthquake SummerSlam 1990
Hogan challenges Stone Cold RAW Homecoming 10/3/05

Xero
08-22-2006, 11:30 PM
So is that the FULL 1990 Royal Rumble?

mrslackalack
08-22-2006, 11:36 PM
Id say no, because on the Hulk Still Rules DVD it was from when Hogan entered (mid 20's) on. Its about 15 minutes so while it sucks you dont get the full Royal Rumble you get the final fourth of it.

Corkscrewed
08-23-2006, 12:02 PM
Picking matches is easy, but there's also all the production and interviews and editing. Basically what I'm saying is that they try harder on their DVD's than their writing.

Caged Heat18
08-24-2006, 12:39 AM
Their DVD's have been exceptional for a few years now. Thats about the only good thing you can count on them these days for.