PDA

View Full Version : ECW regulars on the chopping block

KingofOldSchool
08-23-2006, 04:27 PM
source: PWInsider.com

Matt Striker and Hardcore Holly, who both appeared on Monday's ECW house show and Tuesday's TV taping, are scheduled to be full time members of the ECW roster from now on. The WWE is doing this so that they can phase out, and possibly even release a few of the original ECW wrestlers that they see very little in.

The people in question of being removed from the roster are individuals who have been used sparingly on television thus far. The ECW talent currently on the bubble are Christopher W. Anderson, Francine, Tony Mamaluke, Jazz, Al Snow and Steven Richards. Although, both Al Snow and Stevie Richards will probably be offered office jobs.

As reported earlier, the person most likely to be released is Francine. Its really telling about Francine's ECW status in that they chose to import Torrie Wilson from RAW rather than use her on television for last night's bikini contest, especially considering that Francine is a regular on the bikini contests held at house shows.

redoneja
08-23-2006, 04:38 PM
Meh. The only moderate loss would be Anderson. Mamaluke would only be missed if ECW ever gets a tag division. The rest would only have a future as enhancement talent. Fuck, all of them only have a future as enhancement talent. Nevermind.

St. Jimmy
08-23-2006, 04:39 PM
NOT STEVIE! NOOOOOO.

What Would Kevin Do?
08-23-2006, 04:57 PM
I'd love Stevie and Al to be on TV, but I'm used to them not being, and I wasn't expecting much... Jazz should be put on RAW.

Now I will be pissed if CW Anderson gets released, because he could be great in feuds with people like Angle, Punk, etc. Mamaluke is awesome in tag matches, and could probably be a decent singles wrestlers too, so I don't know why they would drop him.

Kane Knight
08-23-2006, 05:18 PM
I expected to see balls on the chopping block.

Mr. JL
08-23-2006, 05:21 PM
I take it that Big Guido is finished and won't be called up anymore since I haven't seen him since being one arm pushed over the top rope by the Big Show.

What Would Kevin Do?
08-23-2006, 05:21 PM

I thought Val Venis was still on Raw?

Destor
08-23-2006, 05:46 PM
My thoughts:

I think Striker and Holly are good fits ECW, especially Striker, but Holly will work well too. Striker is young and in ECW he will have a lot of room to grow. Holly has a reputation for being a tough guy, ECW will be a good place for him. Though I believe Striker is Punk fodder the same way as Holly is Van Dam fodder.
Francine should be released, she doesn't meet the WWE standard of hotness at all. She is pretty useless to the brand.
Jazz never had a place in ECW, she should have been RAW bound to begin with, but since she isn't you might as well release her.
Tony, Snow, and Richards... fuck em. They will never draw a penny. Snow and Richards have been with the company for a while and the WWE audience knows they are washed up, and when it comes to Mamaluke, boy hasn't had a good match in a LONG time and has nothing that people will ever be interested in.
Releasing CW is bogus. The guy has been used once and the audience doesn't know him. YOU CAN STILL GET HIM OVER. At least try first. The guy can go, and in worst case scenario make him a jobber, he can make people look good. I'd rather see him pushed to a small degree, but it's better than releasing him.

Londoner
08-23-2006, 06:07 PM

So did I. His name was the first that came to my mind when I read the title of this thread.

Team Sheep
08-23-2006, 06:52 PM

Lol, intended pun?

Fox
08-23-2006, 10:06 PM
The only loss would be CW Anderson. He had an awesome match with CM Punk last night and if they don't recognize his obvious talent then fuck them anyways.

Xero
08-23-2006, 10:07 PM
The only loss would be CW Anderson. He had an awesome match with CM Punk last night and if they don't recognize his obvious talent then fuck them anyways.
So you're saying someone like Kelly Kelly deserves to have an ECW spot more than Jazz?

Crippla
08-23-2006, 10:10 PM
Why the fuck did they put Kelly Kelly in ECW anyway? She had no wrestling experience at all before and if you remember why and how she was hired by Johnny Ace, you will understand what I'm saying.

Xero
08-23-2006, 10:13 PM
Why the fuck did they put Kelly Kelly in ECW anyway? She had no wrestling experience at all before and if you remember why and how she was hired by Johnny Ace, you will understand what I'm saying.
Because Vince thinks she's cute.

Volare
08-23-2006, 10:16 PM
because guys pay attention to titties...especially free ones that you don't get hasseled for after you watch em

Kane Knight
08-23-2006, 10:26 PM
Lol, intended pun?

Uhhh...Yeah.

Kane Knight
08-23-2006, 10:29 PM
because guys pay attention to titties...especially free ones that you don't get hasseled for after you watch em

Which is why they always help the ratings. OH WAIT.

Skippord
08-23-2006, 10:31 PM
Lol, intended pun?
KK chops balls all the time

Kane Knight
08-23-2006, 10:52 PM
I just fantasise about it. :o

Pepsi Man
08-23-2006, 11:00 PM
My thoughts:

I think Striker and Holly are good fits ECW, especially Striker, but Holly will work well too. Striker is young and in ECW he will have a lot of room to grow. Holly has a reputation for being a tough guy, ECW will be a good place for him. Though I believe Striker is Punk fodder the same way as Holly is Van Dam fodder.
Francine should be released, she doesn't meet the WWE standard of hotness at all. She is pretty useless to the brand.
Jazz never had a place in ECW, she should have been RAW bound to begin with, but since she isn't you might as well release her.
Tony, Snow, and Richards... fuck em. They will never draw a penny. Snow and Richards have been with the company for a while and the WWE audience knows they are washed up, and when it comes to Mamaluke, boy hasn't had a good match in a LONG time and has nothing that people will ever be interested in.
Releasing CW is bogus. The guy has been used once and the audience doesn't know him. YOU CAN STILL GET HIM OVER. At least try first. The guy can go, and in worst case scenario make him a jobber, he can make people look good. I'd rather see him pushed to a small degree, but it's better than releasing him.
Sorry, but CW's been used as a jobber on WWE television before, so if you're going to make the "never gonna draw a dime, hasn't had a good match in forever" logic on Mamaluke and Richards, you have to use it for Anderson too.

(I actually like most of the talent on the "chopping block" and wish their time wasn't wasted in the vain hopes of anything resembling the ECW of old.)

Mr. Nerfect
08-24-2006, 12:16 AM
I think moving some of the older ECW guys out is a good idea, but not releasing them. Using them elsewhere sounds better.

Jazz should be on RAW. The Women's Division could use her as a heel. Let her replace Victoria while the poor girl rests her leg. Mickie James can have a series with Jazz whilst Lita and Trish are feuding over the Women's Championship.

Stevie Richards could probably be used as a trainer. Stick him in either the developments, or have him host classes before the shows. The same goes for Al Snow, who will probably go back down to OVW, where he was before he was called back into wrestling duty.

Christopher W. Anderson should be put on RAW. Call him "CW Anderson" again, and stick him in a feud with Ric Flair. That would be awesome, and would get Anderson over. Just because he used to be an ECW guy doesn't mean he can't be used on either RAW or SmackDown!.

Tony Mamaluke could be sent to SmackDown! to help the Cruiserweight Division. So could Little Guido for that matter. Hell, stick them as a tag team on Smackers. You can even still keep them as ECW guys officially, advertising ECW in their matches. Just have their name graphics come up with the ECW bar at the bottom, and have Justin Roberts do their introduction. Stick Trinity on RAW seeing as she wouldn't be doing anything with The FBI gone.

Francine being released is no big deal. She should thank her lucky stars she was hired in the first place.

So yeah, what I would do with the ECW talent in question:

-CW Anderson goes to RAW as a mid-card heel
-Francine is released
-Tony Mamaluke goes to SmackDown! as either a cruiserweight or tag team guy with Little Guido
-Jazz goes to RAW to help the women there.
-Al Snow becomes a trainer
-Stevie Richards becomes a trainer

Destor
08-24-2006, 12:53 AM
Sorry, but CW's been used as a jobber on WWE television before, so if you're going to make the "never gonna draw a dime, hasn't had a good match in forever" logic on Mamaluke and Richards, you have to use it for Anderson too.
Not really, the guy hasn't had a run of any kind. Just Kinda of pops up has a match and dispersers. Not the same-thing at all, not to mention no mark will ever remember any of his matches. Unlike Richards and Snow.

But that really wasn't the point. I don't believe Momaluke can still have good matches. I see nothing in him, he was never that talented and as he's gotten old he's only gotten worse. His only function would to be Guido's B man, and despite his history with him, they could find someone more talented to play that role.

Anderson can still go and has loads of potential. He's got a look that could get over, plus he weighs more than 50 pounds. Something that makes Momaluke even more release worthy in the eyes of the E. Alls I'm sayin is when it comes to Anderson they could at least try to do something with him before they let him go. One decent run.

Destor
08-24-2006, 12:53 AM
Totally mispelled Mamaluke like tweleve times.

Kane Knight
08-24-2006, 10:04 AM
Mamaluke? I've been calling him Marmaduke! :o

Pepsi Man
08-24-2006, 11:17 AM
Not really, the guy hasn't had a run of any kind. Just Kinda of pops up has a match and dispersers. Not the same-thing at all, not to mention no mark will ever remember any of his matches. Unlike Richards and Snow.

But that really wasn't the point. I don't believe Momaluke can still have good matches. I see nothing in him, he was never that talented and as he's gotten old he's only gotten worse. His only function would to be Guido's B man, and despite his history with him, they could find someone more talented to play that role.

Anderson can still go and has loads of potential. He's got a look that could get over, plus he weighs more than 50 pounds. Something that makes Momaluke even more release worthy in the eyes of the E. Alls I'm sayin is when it comes to Anderson they could at least try to do something with him before they let him go. One decent run.
No disrespect to CW (I have an appreciation for him due to seeing him in ECW), but he is essentially a fat, old jobber. He can go, but still can Mamaluke. Just because he could probably outeat the average fan at an all you can eat buffet doesn't mean he's "got a look".

The only way he could get over would be to move him to Raw and book him with or against Ric Flair, and despite his history, they could easily find someone more talented to play that role.

Xero
08-24-2006, 11:26 AM
I've been calling him Marmaluke.

Destor
08-24-2006, 01:33 PM
No disrespect to CW (I have an appreciation for him due to seeing him in ECW), but he is essentially a fat, old jobber. He can go, but still can Mamaluke. Just because he could probably outeat the average fan at an all you can eat buffet doesn't mean he's "got a look".

The only way he could get over would be to move him to Raw and book him with or against Ric Flair, and despite his history, they could easily find someone more talented to play that role.I had this whole thing typed out, and then the site fucked up posting it, so I'll just say its all subjective anyway. Lets call a spade a spade, I ain't typing that shit again.

Vastardikai
08-24-2006, 02:41 PM

You mean Little Guido's been teaming with...

http://www.tonystrading.co.uk/pix/comicstripbooks/marmaduke/b-marmaduke01.jpg

:?:

Crippla
08-24-2006, 02:50 PM

At least they don't make him Tony Marinara like WCW did.

Fox
08-24-2006, 09:09 PM
So you're saying someone like Kelly Kelly deserves to have an ECW spot more than Jazz?

I just don't think ECW needs a women's division right now. They need hot women, and Jazz is not one. Who's she going to work a program with on ECW?

Volare
08-24-2006, 09:39 PM
a plactic surgeon

Kane Knight
08-24-2006, 10:05 PM
a Mack Truck?

Volare
08-25-2006, 04:33 AM
oh yeah...we've got to be Extreme here!!