PDA

View Full Version : Alright, Cena bashing is officially not cool anymore.

Jordan
08-26-2006, 01:00 PM
Seriously people stop bashing him. He is a huge star, and he had an amazing match with Edge at Summerslam. He's not as annoying as he used to be, so jump off the Cena hating band wagon.

Xero
08-26-2006, 01:03 PM
I don't bash, I joke about him.

But yeah, he is working a bit better now, but until he actually turns heel the fans are going to overshadow ALL of his matches.

Caged Heat18
08-26-2006, 01:04 PM
I don't mind him as much as most people do, but he really needs to turn heel.

Jordan
08-26-2006, 01:05 PM
I don't want him to turn heel now actually... I mean I can kinda get into him and be a mark.

Fignuts
08-26-2006, 01:09 PM
Hoestly i've always thought Cena was a great performer. No, hes not the best wrestler in the world, but hes by no means horrible. There have been a lot worse. And on the mic he is godly. Problem is he's gotten a lot of shit from internet fans lately, for shit that the writers are making him say and act. If it were up to him, my money says he'd rather portray the hardass, gangsta personality he use dto get himself over in the first place. Not this cornball, Fresh Prince and DJ Jazzy jeff esque character he now portrays.

So yeah, if your gonna blame anyone blame the writers and vince macmahon for not letting the guys just go out and do thier own thing, like it should be.

Xero
08-26-2006, 01:11 PM
But the crowd reactions are HORRIBLE by a technical standpoint. They're just blatantly ignoring that the fans want him turned.

Quite frankly, it's probably too late to turn him anyway, so he'll still be a half n' halfer. John Cena will always be remembered as the wigger that everyone hated, but some fans cheered for.

Londoner
08-26-2006, 01:12 PM
I don't want him to turn heel now actually... I mean I can kinda get into him and be a mark.

That's the best time to turn someone heel sometimes.

Nervous Ferret
08-26-2006, 01:13 PM
DEFENDER OF WAX STATUES

Xero
08-26-2006, 01:14 PM
In usual situations, yeah. But the WWE is making too much money off the wrong demographic that they don't give a shit. As long as the women and children buy his shit, he could have a Barney the Ghetto Dinosaur gimmick and stay on top because he makes them money.

Fignuts
08-26-2006, 01:15 PM
If he would just go back to being the way he was, everyone would love him again. Garunteed

Londoner
08-26-2006, 01:16 PM
They would still make money from him if he played the heel role well(which he would), imo.

Xero
08-26-2006, 01:18 PM
They would still make money from him if he played the heel role well(which he would), imo.
Of course, because at least the kids would still love and cheer for him unless he like kills someone in the ring, then the mothers who go with the kids are out of the equation, meaning that no little snot-nosed brat will be at an event again because they were OUTRAGED by the VIOLENCE in WWE.

JH
08-26-2006, 01:32 PM
i've been a cena fan since the night he debuted on smackdown against angle and i'll always be a fan

Jordan
08-26-2006, 01:36 PM
Glad to hear people being positive about him. Nobody may get as big as The Rock, but I think Cena is our generations Steve Austin.

Jordan
08-26-2006, 01:36 PM

I agree.

The MAC
08-26-2006, 01:38 PM
look at all you pussies! you guys been giving him hell all along and now cus some guy on the internet tells you its not cool anymore you change your fucken tune..

sigh :nono:

McLegend
08-26-2006, 01:40 PM
Cena's match with Edge was very good.

Xero
08-26-2006, 01:41 PM
look at all you pussies! you guys been giving him hell all along and now cus some guy on the internet tells you its not cool anymore you change your fucken tune..

sigh :nono:
Look back, I have said on more than one occasion that he's doing fairly well for himself.

The MAC
08-26-2006, 03:08 PM
limit..maybe not you..but Im sure you have noticed a turning of the tide here?

Xero
08-26-2006, 03:25 PM
Every time there's a pro-Cena thread closet Chain Gang soldiers come out and show their colors.

McLegend
08-26-2006, 03:27 PM
I think if you going to bash guy for when hes terrible you should at least give him some credit when he does well.

And to Cena's credit hes been doing well.

Avenger
08-26-2006, 03:31 PM
Kinda' thought Steve Austin was our generation's Steve Austin. Maybe it's just me but I thought a generation lasted longer than 6 years.

St. Jimmy
08-26-2006, 03:33 PM
Kinda' thought Steve Austin was our generation's Steve Austin. Maybe it's just me but I thought a generation lasted longer than 6 years.

:y:...

CENA STILL SUCKS TO ME DAMMIT!

Xero
08-26-2006, 03:35 PM
In WWE a generation lasts 3 months.

Avenger
08-26-2006, 03:36 PM
lol. So what do we call this generation? New, Attitude... it's too hard to keep track these days.

Xero
08-26-2006, 03:38 PM
This "Generation" is, I suppose, the Entertainment Era. The last one was the Ruthless Aggression era, which died in like 2004...

Skippord
08-26-2006, 03:41 PM
Hoestly i've always thought Cena was a great performer. No, hes not the best wrestler in the world, but hes by no means horrible. There have been a lot worse. And on the mic he is godly. Problem is he's gotten a lot of shit from internet fans lately, for shit that the writers are making him say and act. If it were up to him, my money says he'd rather portray the hardass, gangsta personality he use dto get himself over in the first place. Not this cornball, Fresh Prince and DJ Jazzy jeff esque character he now portrays.

So yeah, if your gonna blame anyone blame the writers and vince macmahon for not letting the guys just go out and do thier own thing, like it should be.
Cena is NOT godly on the mic

McLegend
08-26-2006, 03:42 PM
He's pretty damn good on the mic though.

road doggy dogg
08-26-2006, 03:42 PM
Jordan X and Cena are both faggots

Xero
08-26-2006, 03:45 PM
Jordan X and Cena are both faggots

lol

YOUR Hero
08-26-2006, 03:46 PM
Heels don't sell albums.

Skippord
08-26-2006, 03:49 PM
He's pretty damn good on the mic though.
He's *Alright*

The MAC
08-26-2006, 03:49 PM
tsk tsk tsk :nono: chaingang out of the closet..

I guess the only shit they will take is on the end of their dicks when they pull it out of cena's ass

McLegend
08-26-2006, 03:56 PM
He's *Alright*
He's much better then Alright.

Mr. Nerfect
08-26-2006, 04:25 PM
I have never been a "Cena hater". The guy is pure shit at the moment, though. I am going to be sick of him as long as he plays "I can beat anyone at anytime! ARGH! You pissed off the wrong fire-breathing son of a bitch! I'm a hero! Love, peace, tolerence! Come get some!" Cena. You know, the guy who apparently is such a legit street fighter, yet his body is waxed, he has baby blue eyes and explodes through the curtain looking like a retard wearing child's clothes?

Cena's big problem with me is his maturity. It's the same with DX. Being a bitch on the microphone doesn't mean you're "edgy". I've stopped watching RAW because of the immature shit on RAW. At least on SmackDown!, the cheese seems to stem from the characters. They don't seem to be as much immature, as assholes.

I haven't watched RAW, so I can't comment on his improvement, but I know he does have talent. I gave him too many props when he was in OVW and back when he used to wear trunks to deny that. The guy has had like two great matches in his career, though. I Quit with JBL at Judgment Day and his match with Edge. Stone Cold Steve Austin and The Rock had plenty of MOTYCs before they were given the WWE Championship.

I still stand by this comment: John Cena will be the next Triple H. He'll be the top heel of the WWE, someday. When they realise that as a heel, he will fit more organically into the WWE's structure, and the boos he gets would actually be good for business.

Hopefully, Unforgiven sets back the clock on John Cena. Hopefully the fans are 100% behind Edge, and give Cena Hell, reminding us that we hate him. Hopefully it catches on with the other places that have been sheep, and continued to cheer him. Hopefully the Cena boos continue, because babyface Cena sucks the Jimmy Wang Yang.

St. Jimmy
08-26-2006, 04:27 PM
They should team Jimmy Yang and Funaki togather. Call them Sho Wang.

Kane Knight
08-26-2006, 04:45 PM
I don't give a shit whether it's cool or not. Here's the breakdown:

When he entertains me, which is about 20% of the time, I praise him.

When he boares/annoys/fails to entertian me, I will "hate" on him.

Class dismissed.

Destor
08-26-2006, 04:48 PM
Heels don't sell albums, movies or a considerable amount of T-shirts.

El Fangel
08-26-2006, 04:53 PM
I used to like him back before he was U.S Champ, but once he started winning, and rarely ever losing, is when I started to get sick of him, and seeing him with the Championship for 10 months was not cool. I dislike him now, because his matches suck, he gets pummeled for twenty minutes, then does, a couple of punches, kicks, the 5 knuckle shuffle, then a stfu or f-u to win. I hate that so much.

mike627
08-26-2006, 04:54 PM
I have never been a "Cena hater". The guy is pure shit at the moment, though. I am going to be sick of him as long as he plays "I can beat anyone at anytime! ARGH! You pissed off the wrong fire-breathing son of a bitch! I'm a hero! Love, peace, tolerence! Come get some!" Cena. You know, the guy who apparently is such a legit street fighter, yet his body is waxed, he has baby blue eyes and explodes through the curtain looking like a retard wearing child's clothes?

Cena's big problem with me is his maturity. It's the same with DX. Being a bitch on the microphone doesn't mean you're "edgy". I've stopped watching RAW because of the immature shit on RAW. At least on SmackDown!, the cheese seems to stem from the characters. They don't seem to be as much immature, as assholes.

I haven't watched RAW, so I can't comment on his improvement, but I know he does have talent. I gave him too many props when he was in OVW and back when he used to wear trunks to deny that. The guy has had like two great matches in his career, though. I Quit with JBL at Judgment Day and his match with Edge. Stone Cold Steve Austin and The Rock had plenty of MOTYCs before they were given the WWE Championship.

I still stand by this comment: John Cena will be the next Triple H. He'll be the top heel of the WWE, someday. When they realise that as a heel, he will fit more organically into the WWE's structure, and the boos he gets would actually be good for business.

Hopefully, Unforgiven sets back the clock on John Cena. Hopefully the fans are 100% behind Edge, and give Cena Hell, reminding us that we hate him. Hopefully it catches on with the other places that have been sheep, and continued to cheer him. Hopefully the Cena boos continue, because babyface Cena sucks the Jimmy Wang Yang.It does not matter to me what they do to Cena's gimmick he just plain sucks.

starfox8500
08-26-2006, 05:30 PM
he gets pummeled for twenty minutes, then does, a couple of punches, kicks, the 5 knuckle shuffle, then a stfu or f-u to win. I hate that so much.

Just like Hulkamania :nono:

Skippord
08-26-2006, 05:50 PM
He's much better then Alright.
*Fart Joke*

Volare
08-26-2006, 05:59 PM
Just like Hulkamania :nono:

No....cena isn't afraid to lose a match for the good of a story line :roll:

ThruTheWire
08-26-2006, 06:17 PM
No matter what you try and preach, I still know that Cena is one of the most annoying babyfaces of all time. Sure the guy does bleed charisma... but his character is unbearable... which is not 100% his fault... but partly. A full 360 of his character could quite possibly save him, and I think WWE knows this and wants the hate to be so strong for him so that when they do finally turn him, it will be legendary.

Until then... Cena sucks.

Jordan
08-26-2006, 08:06 PM
Nah, ever since One Night Stand he has been on fire. The WWE was smart, he was getting booed, yet making them money, they shoved him down our throats then eventually they will turn him heel and it will be legendary. His matches have gotten a lot better as well.

Crippla
08-26-2006, 08:23 PM
I've never hated Cena. He's improved a little in the ring and is decent. He is good on the mic but I do believe his character was pushed wrong and would work better as a heel. I was actually a fan of his back in 2003 when he was heel and was allowed to do his own thing as Fignuts said it is the WWE writers who give him this shit.

Skippord
08-26-2006, 08:27 PM
Nah, ever since One Night Stand he has been on fire. The WWE was smart, he was getting booed, yet making them money, they shoved him down our throats then eventually they will turn him heel and it will be legendary. His matches have gotten a lot better as well.
No he hasnt

CYCLOPTERSAURUS
08-26-2006, 08:37 PM
I don't care what anybody says - he's crap on the mic and crap in the ring, and hasn't entertained me at all since being face. This has nothing to do with a bandwagon - it just so happens that when something sucks, most people realize that it sucks and will say that it sucks.

owenbrown
08-26-2006, 10:44 PM
So the bottom line is he needs to 1) Improve his ring skills 2) Improve his mic skills and 3) BE TURNED HEEL!!! point made... end of story.

Kane Knight
08-26-2006, 11:43 PM
I love how everyone resorts to the TURN HIM HEEL! Crap on anyone who's dislike ro has been doing one thing too long. IT's so linear and bland.

Shadow
08-27-2006, 12:07 AM
No matter what you try and preach, I still know that Cena is one of the most annoying babyfaces of all time. Sure the guy does bleed charisma... but his character is unbearable... which is not 100% his fault... but partly. A full 360 of his character could quite possibly save him, and I think WWE knows this and wants the hate to be so strong for him so that when they do finally turn him, it will be legendary.

Until then... Cena sucks.

Not to be a downer but how does a full 360 turn do anything for Cena? He just ends up the same.

Now if you said a full 180...then I'd get your point. But as it is...nah, I dun get it.

Volare
08-27-2006, 12:13 AM
I hate math!!

ThruTheWire
08-27-2006, 01:20 AM
Not to be a downer but how does a full 360 turn do anything for Cena? He just ends up the same.

Now if you said a full 180...then I'd get your point. But as it is...nah, I dun get it.

Sorry for the miscalculation, won't happen again professor.

FourFifty
08-27-2006, 01:28 AM
CENA SUCKS!!!!!
FUCK CENA!!!!!
ALL THE CENA FANS ARE FUCKING MARKS!!!!!!!
MARKS WITH AIDS!!!!!!!!!

Okay, now that I'm done Cena bashing, I'll read the thread.

Yep....yep.... uh-huh.... mmmmm.... hmmmm?
He still sucks.

Maybe if he wasn't a faced pushed down my throat that I want to boo I wouldn't bash him. Send him back to OVW for a year or two so he can learn a few more moves, and we'll be good to go.

Shadow
08-27-2006, 01:28 AM
Thank you TTW.

Now, as far as Cena goes, he's in this weird rut. For the past 2 years, his character has just gotton safer and blander. And it's sorta what made me give up on the WWE. To be perfectly honest with you, I miss the Cena who showed up after Brock Lesner put him on the shelf for awhile. Bring back that Cena and I will definitly have no problem cheering him.

Skippord
08-27-2006, 01:36 AM
Thank You FourFifty

Destor
08-27-2006, 01:40 AM
CENA SUCKS!!!!!
FUCK CENA!!!!!
ALL THE CENA FANS ARE FUCKING MARKS!!!!!!!
MARKS WITH AIDS!!!!!!!!!

Okay, now that I'm done Cena bashing, I'll read the thread.

Yep....yep.... uh-huh.... mmmmm.... hmmmm?
He still sucks.

Maybe if he wasn't a faced pushed down my throat that I want to boo I wouldn't bash him. Send him back to OVW for a year or two so he can learn a few more moves, and we'll be good to go.That part was stupid on a whole new level.

FourFifty
08-27-2006, 01:46 AM
I can't cheer a guy who has one more move than Pikachu. If the masses can, then I'm screwed because I'll have this drek on my tv every week.
And I don't care how many times he has had which title, who he's main evented with, or how long he has been wrestling. The guy has a lot to learn. Just say he stubbed his toe and send him back to OVW. Get him off my tv until his move set is a little more varied.

dablackguy
08-27-2006, 01:49 AM
I'm of the opinion that most people WANT to like John Cena. The problem lies in his vanilla persona and limited in-ring ability. The people who don't notice this are little kids (who just look at wrestlers as larger than life characters) and women (who tihnk he's hot)

The rest of us, that closely follow and enjoy wrestling can't appreciate him for the above mentioned reasons. But deep down, I think most of us would like to see him succeed and be the guy that carries WWE into a new golden era, because let's face it, no one else on the roster is going to be able to do it.

FourFifty
08-27-2006, 01:58 AM
I'm of the opinion that most people WANT to like John Ce n---

I'm not reading the rest of this. Maybe I'm being alittle harsh, but no. No, no, no, no, no, and no.

Volare
08-27-2006, 02:00 AM
I'll continue for ya Four

no,no,no,no,no,no,no,.......

NO!!!

Crippla
08-27-2006, 02:00 AM
I'm of the opinion that most people WANT to like John Cena. The problem lies in his vanilla persona and limited in-ring ability. The people who don't notice this are little kids (who just look at wrestlers as larger than life characters) and women (who tihnk he's hot)

The rest of us, that closely follow and enjoy wrestling can't appreciate him for the above mentioned reasons. But deep down, I think most of us would like to see him succeed and be the guy that carries WWE into a new golden era, because let's face it, no one else on the roster is going to be able to do it.

I agree with everything in that post except for you saying that "no one else on the roster is going to be able to do it." My problem with that is that I think the guy that has the potential to do it is the current WWE Champion, Edge. He's great on the mic and a pretty good wrestler. I think Edge is the perfect guy to take us into a "new golden era" if WWE doesn't screw it up.

Volare
08-27-2006, 02:02 AM
oh here we go....

Crippla
08-27-2006, 02:06 AM
I realize a lot of people are gonna disagree with that but I don't care. I've always liked Edge.

Volare
08-27-2006, 02:09 AM
Apparently you know as much about building a wrestler as knowing the female anatomy....very little

FourFifty
08-27-2006, 02:10 AM
Apparently you know as much about building a wrestler as knowing the female anatomy....very little

Wait, are you saying his mom is a dude?

Crippla
08-27-2006, 02:12 AM
I don't blame it on Edge though. I blame it all on WWE writing.

Crippla
08-27-2006, 02:13 AM
That golden era shit was sarcasm too, I took that from dablackguy's quote.

Destor
08-27-2006, 02:13 AM
I can't cheer a guy who has one more move than Pikachu. If the masses can, then I'm screwed because I'll have this drek on my tv every week.
And I don't care how many times he has had which title, who he's main evented with, or how long he has been wrestling. The guy has a lot to learn. Just say he stubbed his toe and send him back to OVW. Get him off my tv until his move set is a little more varied.A more varied move set isn't going to get him over with the crowd. Maybe with a few smarks, but thats about it. Remember ONS II? Cena does something different (cant remember what) and the crowd chant: YOU STILL SUCK. After just getting done chanting same old shit at the guy.

He's past the point doing anything different is going to help, the audience wont even give the guy a chance. I mean shit, the majority of the crowd is too stubborn to realize he has vastly improved in the past 5 months, and is doing everything in HIS power to improve. Its not like he's booking or that he can just bust out a Tiger Suplex for the hell of it. He suffers the same restrictions the rest of the roster does.

Besides, he has just as many moves as The Rock, Steve Austin and Hulk Hogan. Difference is they had a larger mark percentage. If you want wrestling the WWE main event scene has never really been the place to go.*

*I am of course not saying that they have always been inept of technical wrestlers, just that when they have been on top it wasn't the case.

redoneja
08-27-2006, 02:43 AM
I've never been a Cena fan and it's not just becuase I think his wrestling skills are rather lackluster. Wrestling skills don't mean anyting to me when it comes to whether or not I like a wrestler. Fuck, I'm a fan of Necro Butcher! I don't like Cena becuase I can't identify with the character nor am I entertained by the character.

Volare
08-27-2006, 04:00 AM
Wait, are you saying his mom is a dude?

maybe....nah, I'm an ass....but not THAT big of one :lol:

Vastardikai
08-27-2006, 04:04 AM
This is all booking's fault to be fair. His first real feud on Raw (besides the cup of tea with Christian), was Chris Jericho. Jericho is a guy who was debuted as a heel in the WWE and was cheered for being exciting and charismatic. He's a great heel, but there is, and will probably always be, a contingent that will cheer for him. (as seen from the events where there was a mixed reaction.) His second major feud? Kurt Angle. The booking staff SHOULD have seen the writing on the wall, that Angle was too popular to be booed. When you have fans cheering a performer over a RETARD, his heel card has pretty much been used up. The only guy he really gets any kind of positive reaction against is Edge.

Cena, let's face it, is probably the next coming of Sting. I say that because with both the chase is better than the catch. I also feel the Cena should get a feud with someone else, as there is simply more to do with Edge right now (you can tap a feud with Carlito that preps him for the Main Event, and there's also, dare I say, Triple H, who he has good ring chemistry with.) Give Cena a good feud with Orton and Umaga to put him back in position for a feud down the road, when it will be NEW and INNOVATIVE again. :shifty:

I'm trying not to play the obvious "Turn him Heel" Card, yet.

Petethegeekstreet
08-27-2006, 04:41 AM
Bashing Cena will be cool for as long as he sucks. They should move him to ECW, shit + shit = a controlled sitution.

addy2hotty
08-27-2006, 09:54 AM
The only guy he really gets any kind of positive reaction against is Edge.

That certainly wasn't true at SS. The crowd were cheering for Edge.

I read someone say that Cena wasn't like Hogan, but the big question on that is, when's the last time that Cena was pinned clean? I can't remember, I'm sure one of you stat sharks know.

The WWE love the current situation with Cena. 'The most controversial star in WWE history' and all that BS. They desperately see him as the next Austin in the WWE, and the next Rock in the movies. The problem is, he has little charisma, and can't act for shit (ref: The Marine trailer/WM21 courtroom promo).

Perhaps it's the writers fault, perhaps he has some sort of creative control, I don't know. All I do know is, this ggod-guy wigger routine sucks. Thinking about it, he's not even a wigger anymore. When's the last time he said 'homie'? Over to you stat sharks.

Kane Knight
08-27-2006, 09:57 AM
And I don't care how many times he has had which title, who he's main evented with, or how long he has been wrestling. The guy has a lot to learn. Just say he stubbed his toe and send him back to OVW. Get him off my tv until his move set is a little more varied.

You may have noticed that most main eventers only have like 4 or 5 moves. Do you also hate Rocky? Austin? Hoga...Okay, bad example. Even Kurt FREAKING Angle uses fewer moves these days. And he was a wrestling machine.

This is the style you wrestle with at the top.

owenbrown
08-27-2006, 10:00 AM
Okay, I have come to the realization that it all lies on the writers. If they weren't a bunch of middle-aged child-like morons from Hollywood who write for Spongebob Squarepants and actually KNEW the WRESTLING not Sports Entertainment... WRESTLING product, they would write and produce quality programming. How fucking hard is that?! :wtf::rant::mad::foc::nono:

KingofOldSchool
08-27-2006, 10:00 AM
Wait.

Cena bashing isn't cool anymore???

*FREAKS OUT*

I better log on to WWE Shopzone and buy every single Cena merchandise that they have for sale!

Fox
08-27-2006, 04:25 PM
His promos are bland and inconsequential. He builds up his sentences for a big punch line, and then delivers a ridiculous statement (calling Chris Jericho "cheap"? wtf?) or a fucking poop joke.

He gave JBL cow intestines because he "had no guts." That shit belongs on Nickelodeon or the WB, not a wrestling show, and not coming from the guy who's supposed to be the big face bad-ass of the WWE.

Besides his bland promos, Cena's in ring skills are severely lacking. Shoulder block, clothesline, 180 backdrop to the front, FNS, FU, STFU, tap out. That's his match. Every time. Throw in a few reversals, maybe a screwjob involving brass knuckles, and you've got a slightly varied type of a John Cena match. That may be fun for little kids, who are used to seeing unoriginal trash and like knowing what's about to happen, but for fans of professional wrestling in the current age, this is nothing more than Hulk Hogan's big boot/leg drop combo.

And why the fuck does he have to spazz out like a little kid on pixie sticks when he comes out to the ring. I guess his music is getting him "pumped," but seriously, it's overkill.

Cena bashing isn't cool anymore?

That's not cool.

Kane Knight
08-27-2006, 07:36 PM
Who cares if it's popular?

HE sucks. Deal with it.

#1-norm-fan
08-27-2006, 09:12 PM
Alright, as opposed to replying to each little comment, I will simply sum my thoughts up...

I have been a Cena fan since he first dropped the green tights and started the rap gimmick. I hate rap. I was just a fan of the gimmick and the way he pulled it off. I am FAR from as big of a Cena fan right now as I was back then. Now, I just don't dislike him because I just don't see a reason too. Yeah, he's not a very good wrestler, yes his gimmick has become stale, but the guy, not the character just seems too down to earth and normal for me to really dislike. He just kinda gives off that aura of a regular wrestling fan who became a big star. That has an appeal to me. It isn't his gimmick or anything but I kinda see that side to him, added with the fact that he doesn't seem to have let the huge overpush go to his head, and because of that, I'm a John Cena fan.

That being said... I picture John Cena sitting in a wheelchair cutting a rap promo on Brock Lesnar or his promos on 'Taker in the graveyard and it just seems so obvious how to fix the Cena problem. You don't need to turn him heel. You just take him off TV for a while, let those Cena haters forget about him for a bit and just have him cut those in studio or "on location" promos that he did back then. Every couple weeks or so, he makes a live appearance, gets a big pop, and all is right with the world.

Pinnacle Charisma
08-29-2006, 08:30 AM
I have never liked Cena. Ever since I saw him debut agasnt Angle all those years ago the first impression I got was "great here comes another guy who Vince will push down our throat and will never really get over with the fans or would never do a entertaining job on the mic or in the ring".

And truth be told John Cena has never entertained me in a match or on the mic in his career with the wwe.

Petethegeekstreet
08-29-2006, 08:31 AM
I have never liked Cena. Ever since I saw him debut agasnt Angle all those years ago the first impression I got was "great here comes another guy who Vince will push down our throat and will never really get over with the fans or would never do a entertaining job on the mic or in the ring".

And truth be told John Cena has never entertained me in a match or on the mic in his career with the wwe.
Yeah fuckn right.

Nark Order
08-30-2006, 03:28 PM
A more varied move set isn't going to get him over with the crowd. Maybe with a few smarks, but thats about it. Remember ONS II? Cena does something different (cant remember what) and the crowd chant: YOU STILL SUCK. After just getting done chanting same old shit at the guy.

LOL. He did a one-handed axe handle. Honestly... Were the 'holy shit' chants supposed to start up after that?

Destor
08-30-2006, 07:06 PM
No that wasn't it. They gasped, like oohs and ahhs tipe shit and then they started with the you still suck. He could've powerbombed RVD off the top through a table and the crowd still would have shit on him. Anyway the move wasn't the point. He did something diiferent, regardless off what.

Blitz
08-30-2006, 07:46 PM
My mom says it's cool...

McLegend
08-30-2006, 07:49 PM
And I'm sure Blitz's Mom knows whats cool and not cool.

The One
08-30-2006, 07:55 PM
Blitz's mom = cooler than ICE!

McLegend
08-30-2006, 07:57 PM
But not Vanilla Ice

Blitz
08-30-2006, 07:57 PM
Tovo and legend are "down"

McLegend
08-30-2006, 07:59 PM
:cool:

The One
08-30-2006, 08:19 PM
Fo Shizzle My Nizzle! Tovo is down with all the home dawgs. :cool:

McLegend
08-30-2006, 08:21 PM
lol you're so gay

The One
08-30-2006, 08:22 PM
I know. :(

The One
08-30-2006, 08:23 PM
I guess you can't be cool when you too busy being FABULOUS!

OK, now I officially crossed the line. Feel free to neg rep the shit out of this post.

McLegend
08-30-2006, 08:26 PM
lol tovo

Joe Kerr
08-31-2006, 07:44 PM
Cena was actually cheered at a recent show against Edge. I mean it was as if the Rock walked out....well maybe not that loud..but it was a obvious cena chant.

Hanso Amore
08-31-2006, 08:54 PM
When he can apply a proper STF I will stop hating him. And maybe when he wears something that isnt COVERED IN CHAIN GANG LOGOs.