PDA

View Full Version : Odd thought/question...

Xero
08-28-2006, 10:47 AM
I was just thinking, how different would the wrestling scene be if ratings didn't matter? If basically every other fundamental is in place (advertising, etc), but ratings aren't a factor, what would be different?

Would the WWE still be able to pull off their current booking style, or would it be better or worse? Would TNA be bigger than it is now? Would the Monday Night Wars ever have happened, or would they have been even more fierce?

dablackguy
08-28-2006, 12:10 PM
Kinda like having a race where the winner doesn't matter, hmmm?

I'd suspect WCW would still be around, provided they weren't hemorraging money. Probably because they would do as much as humanly,possible to be the alternative to the aditude era. There would have probably be a niche for that when the wwe was making the transition to the SCSA's and DX's of the world

Pepsi Man
08-28-2006, 12:20 PM
Kinda like having a race where the winner doesn't matter, hmmm?

I'd suspect WCW would still be around, provided they weren't hemorraging money. Probably because they would do as much as humanly,possible to be the alternative to the aditude era. There would have probably be a niche for that when the wwe was making the transition to the SCSA's and DX's of the world
But then again, would the WWE have even made the transition to the SCSA's and DX's to the world in the first place if television ratings didn't matter?

McLegend
08-28-2006, 12:27 PM
All jobber matches on free TV.