PDA

View Full Version : Silent Hill

G
09-03-2006, 06:49 PM
Do any of the games have any similarities to the movie? Back when I watched the Resident Evil movie, I wasn't into the games, but after seeing it I started playing them. So I was curious how similar the Silent Hill movie/games are.

Bricktop
09-03-2006, 07:34 PM
the control is shit, but the storylines are pretty good. You should start with part 2, since it has the best storyline. It is also independent of part 1, so don't worry about playing it first.

G
09-03-2006, 07:54 PM
But as far as having the same story as the movie, do any of them carry that attribute?

Bricktop
09-03-2006, 08:04 PM
part 1 is sorta like the movie. There are a lot of differences though, but the basic plot: Father and daughter go to silent hill to vacation, father loses daughter, cop and father team up, town is fucked up. Is still the same.

Shaggy
09-04-2006, 12:47 AM
I was reading the other day about the relation between the movie and the game for Silent Hill.....they mentioned that there is some scenes in the movie that is scene for scene from the game.....something about a map in the hospital being the same map from Silent Hill 2....there were a few others but I dont remember what they were

Mr. Monday Morning
09-04-2006, 06:48 AM
Yeah they took bits from 2 and kinda threw them into the basic plot from 1. Pyramid Head for example.

M-A-G
09-04-2006, 02:47 PM
It has elements from the first two games. The first game provides the main storyline of the child gone missing and the town being screwed up beyond all hell. A lot of the locales and Pyramid Head himself come from the second game. But the general story concept comes from the first game. They even managed to squeeze in Sybill the cop.

M-A-G
09-04-2006, 02:48 PM
I was reading the other day about the relation between the movie and the game for Silent Hill.....they mentioned that there is some scenes in the movie that is scene for scene from the game.....something about a map in the hospital being the same map from Silent Hill 2....there were a few others but I dont remember what they were

There are a lot of those. Not to give too much away to those who haven't seen it but another is when the town shifts into the hellish form is dead on to what the games do.