PDA

View Full Version : Career lifespan

Stickman
09-06-2006, 05:14 PM
How long would you say is the "average" length of a wrestlers career? I know it's really a hard question, but at what point do you think the in ring skills start to deteriorate? kurt Angle and Trish are at like 7 years, Chris Jericho quit while relatively young. And I know some guys do this shit forever but those guys have the "it" factor and are over because of their name. It is tough to tell because guys retire and come back. Thoughts?

Better Than You
09-06-2006, 06:04 PM
Jeircho wresled for over 15 years. I would say about 15-20

Y2Jeremy
09-07-2006, 08:07 PM
Jeircho wresled for over 15 years. I would say about 15-20
I consider 15 ideal including training and indys, but it varies so much that there is no definite answer.
I say, make your mark, linger for a year or two, and leave. no more than 7 years as a star.

M-A-G
09-07-2006, 10:07 PM
It used to be longer considering the indies, multiple promotions, continuous booking of older stars but now that the WWE's the only big game in town it's gotten quite short. I don't estimate a lengthy span for a lot of these newer guys especially if they haven't gone through the rigors of indy hell.

Rammsteinmad
09-08-2006, 01:40 AM
Long gone are the days of people being in WWE for years before winning the title... now it's like... 2 months in and they're champ... 2 years later and they're gone.

BigDaddyCool
09-08-2006, 02:04 AM
I think it all depends on how much they love the business, how they were brought into the business, injuries, untimely deaths, and how much of a draw they are. I mean you got guys out there like Funk and Flair who just never really stopped, then you have guys like Brock and Goldberg who are a flash in the pan.

But depending on when they started 10 to 20 years is a good bet.