PDA

View Full Version : Should the 4 Horsemen come back one more time?

Fignuts
09-11-2006, 12:29 AM
Not for anything huge. Just build up the return like they did DX. And after a short while, Give the group the proper send off it never got in WCW. Plus business wise, they could make a profit on merchandise, and if they release a 4 Horsemen dvd around that time it'll sell like crazy.

I'd like to see it happen before Flair retires or dies. The latter would be more likely, tbh.

Who would you have in it though? Benoit and Flair obviously. I think Malenko is okay to get back in the ring healthwise. He was supposed to compete against benoit at ONS 2. tbh, I can do without Mongo. Think it would be better to have a new member. Orton seems the best fit.

weather vane
09-11-2006, 12:35 AM
They could actually make the Four Horsemen a great stable in the WWE. Have an angle where Flair searches the WWE for the best possible candidates. Eventually he chooses 3 other guys and you go from there. I could go really in depth with it but you catch my drift.

Something like

Ric Flair
Chris Benoit
CM Punk
Ken Kennedy

with Double A managing them

St. Jimmy
09-11-2006, 12:46 AM
No. Don't need to piss on the legacy of the horsemen anymore. Bad enough that Mongo was a fucking horsemen. Let it die.

FourFifty
09-11-2006, 03:17 AM
...I liked Mongo :(

Jordan
09-11-2006, 04:09 AM
Let it die.

Destor
09-11-2006, 04:15 AM
Flair
Benoit
Finley
And the first black Horseman:
Benjamen

Better Than You
09-11-2006, 05:06 AM
Flair
Punk
Taz (back in ring shape)
Y2J

The Fugitive
09-11-2006, 06:06 AM
No. No. No. Absolutely not.

We already had our era's version of the Four Horsemen in Evolution. Don't tarnish their legacy by bringing them back or trying to revive their stable, because I guarantee you, the same thing will happen that happened to the WWE's version of nWo. It will be shitted on and it will leave a bitter taste in a lot of people's mouths.

Stickman
09-11-2006, 01:35 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing the Horsemen, I loved their entrance music. They've never been in the WWE have they? Everybody says Evolution was the Horsemen with a different name but that's just stupid. The NWO was not DX with a different name.

Hanso Amore
09-11-2006, 04:20 PM
why not just have a new group? Use the Horseman Formula and get teh stable over

Smackdown
Kendrick
London
kennedy
gregory Helms

Raw
flair as manager (Hes been in the 4H and Evolution, let him start a new group)
Nitro as the main event type
Ken Doane (post SS)
Johnny Jeter (Post ss)

Hells all the way

Stables could help get these guys over (more so) Have the nbe despised heels as Its easier to get Hell groups over, just run in a gang mentality.

It could also help get over the tag, IC and Cruiserweight titles.

Crippla
09-11-2006, 05:06 PM
Don't ruin the Horsemen. If you bring them back it should be Flair, Benoit, and possibly Orton like Fig said. If Malenko will wrestle, I'll take him but if not Finlay would be good like Dez said. For the people who mentioned Kennedy for the Horsemen, he doesn't fit the persona at all so I don't know why you'd even think that.

Jaton
09-11-2006, 05:17 PM
But he has the look.

Jaton
09-11-2006, 05:18 PM
Fignuts, stop making me gay with Spiderman.

Crippla
09-11-2006, 05:18 PM
Yes but his whole shtick doesn't fit the Horsemen.

The One
09-11-2006, 05:20 PM
*Ahem*

REHASHING OLD ANGLES NEVER WORKS...

Thank you.

The Fugitive
09-11-2006, 05:22 PM
I'm surprised our resident Tully Blanchard fanboy hasn't been in here having an aneurysm at this idea.

The Fugitive
09-11-2006, 05:23 PM
You bastard.

The One
09-11-2006, 05:28 PM
I'm surprised our resident Tully Blanchard fanboy hasn't been in here having an aneurysm at this idea.

Sigh, I wish I could have given a far more detailed reason as to why this idea is terrible in every way...but I simply don't have time. :(

TULLY BLANCHARD IS AWESOME...anyone got any videos of him:-\ (how many times do you think I have asked that question around here)

redoneja
09-11-2006, 06:25 PM
The Four Horsemen were the embodiment of the late 80's NWA. WWE bringing them back would just bastardize the name, no matter who they put in it. Hell the Horsemen circa 97 were cheapening the name(even though I marked for them).

Mr. JL
09-11-2006, 06:33 PM
The 4 Horsemen legacy has already been fucked with. I doubt one more run would really hurt it anymore than it already is, and hell, it may even do the stable some justice. And could possibly get some guys over.

Hanso Amore
09-11-2006, 08:47 PM
Sigh, I wish I could have given a far more detailed reason as to why this idea is terrible in every way...but I simply don't have time. :(

TULLY BLANCHARD IS AWESOME...anyone got any videos of him:-\ (how many times do you think I have asked that question around here)

I just saw Tully in the ring 3 weeks ago. He is touring VA as the "Old School TV Champ", he still has the NWA TV belt, But he had JJ with him, and he is still better in the ring then Cena, but he looks WAY OLD

ron the dial
09-11-2006, 09:42 PM
I vote no for a new Four Horsemen. I just can't see it working in a way that doesn't piss all over its legacy. But, what else do I expect? I'm sure it'll happen some day.

Dorkchop
09-11-2006, 09:57 PM
How about just a new stable instead?

Fignuts
09-11-2006, 11:53 PM
As JL said, its already been pissed on to hell. Reviving them for one last run would only help their legacy. And yes the NWO return was a disaster. But the writing although still not great, has been a LOT better than it was back then. And I dont think benoit, flair, or malenko would agree to it unless the whole run was laid out before hand, and they were happy with the send off.