PDA

View Full Version : Check out the headlines on TPWW

Rock Bottom
02-10-2004, 03:42 PM
Brock Lesnar Frustrated in WWE; Would Consider Quitting
By Richard Gray on February 10, 2004 at 3:23 PM EST

Everyone knows how harsh the WWE traveling schedule can be on an individual, as it even caused Nathan Jones to leave the company. Now it appears as if the hard schedule is taking its toll on non other than WWE Champion, Brock Lesnar.

Lesnar has apparently been telling his friends that if he could find something to do other than work for WWE and still make as much money that he would consider quitting.

One example that Lesnar gave to a friend is that his schedule only allows him 30 minutes of training time in the gym a day.

WWE Confirms Undertaker's 'Deadman' Return? + What You Didn’t See on RAW!

[Source: 1Wrestling.com]

Send feedback to richard@wumedia.com

---------

Just putting it here to possibly strike up some discussion, if Brock WERE to leave would it suck ass or what? After so huge a push? He's doing pretty good as a top heel right now, it would suck to see him go, especially after going over so many people.

123 kid
02-10-2004, 03:45 PM
Brock shouldn't leave and I don't think he will but who knows what with the WWE these days..........

Head
02-10-2004, 03:45 PM
How much money is he making in the WWE right now?

Rock Bottom
02-10-2004, 03:46 PM
Probably more than he would make doing other things. I don't *think* he will leave, just saying it would suck ass to see someone like him go right now.

Head
02-10-2004, 03:49 PM
Well, I'm assuming that since he's probably still on the same contract he came in on, it's probably not anymore than $150,000 a year right now.

So it wouldn't suprise me if he could find somthing else that he may be able to make more money off of for the time being.

Thing is, when it comes time to renew his contract, he'll be making over a million a year.

Rob
02-10-2004, 04:02 PM
He only needs to work out for 30 minutes a day. The steroids and HGH do the rest.

What other career is he going to do where he gets paid $1 million a year? Go fight in Pride and see if he can beat up Mirko Cro Cop.

Rob
02-10-2004, 04:03 PM
Head - The world champion NEVER makes $150,000 a year.

Head
02-10-2004, 04:04 PM
I meant he could probably make more than he is making now (which I'm assuming is around the $100,000 mark).

But when he renews his contract he will be making over a million, which he will not be able to top.

Head
02-10-2004, 04:05 PM
Yeah, I was just taking a guess, wasn't really sure.

You know what he does make a year?

Rob
02-10-2004, 04:08 PM
Dunno for sure but he definately had a $1 million+ year in 2003.

Vega
02-10-2004, 04:14 PM
Are you including just base salary or PPV payoffs as well?

KayfabeMan
02-10-2004, 04:22 PM
Wah,wah,wah...If these guys had 1/2 the schedule that the workers
in the 70's and 80's had,they'd ****ing retire after their first match...

Bitches....

CANADIAN
02-10-2004, 04:27 PM
If he's champ he probably gets big PPV payoffs and lots of merchandise money as well...

Corkscrewed
02-10-2004, 04:27 PM
This really surprises me if it's true, considering Brock seems to be the next Triple H and is on great terms with Vince. He's in a pretty good position right now, so I'm not sure how much I believe this rumor.

Rob
02-10-2004, 04:43 PM
Are you including just base salary or PPV payoffs as well?

The whole lot

Loose Cannon
02-10-2004, 04:51 PM
Wah,wah,wah...If these guys had 1/2 the schedule that the workers
in the 70's and 80's had,they'd ****ing retire after their first match...

Bitches....
:y:

Rob
02-10-2004, 04:55 PM
Everyone was making money then though. Not everyone is now.

The Naitch
02-10-2004, 04:58 PM
how many days off do they have every week?

The Naitch
02-10-2004, 05:00 PM
This really surprises me if it's true, considering Brock seems to be the next Triple H and is on great terms with Vince. He's in a pretty good position right now, so I'm not sure how much I believe this rumor.

No kidding. He shouldn't be bitching. He's in a much better position than alot of others. Maybe he's just coming fresh off a roid cycle, that's why he's feeling like shit. :rant:

Head
02-10-2004, 05:03 PM
Raw guys work Friday to Monday, Smackdown puts on shows Saturday to Tuesday. So they get 3 days a week off.

That doesn't include appearences and international tours though.

The Naitch
02-10-2004, 05:07 PM
That's not that bad. Hmm

The CyNick
02-10-2004, 05:07 PM
how many days off do they have every week?

The usual schedule for a Smackdown guy is house shows on Sat, Sun, Mon and then TV tapings on Tuesday.

Rinse then repeat

The problem for the SD guys is that they sometimes have their Monday house shows cancelled due to poor advances, and that means they are on the road without a payday. Then there is the problem of International tours, which usually require doing a weekend shot plus TV taping, travel, 3 shows overseas, then return to the States for another TV shot, before getting their normal time off. So basically that could be 11 days straight on the road and doing shows.

However, all of that pales in comparison to how wrestling used to work, being on the road 20+ days straight was common, so the guys today have very little to complain about, especially now that they are toning down the style.

Its hard to take anything from 1wrestling and consider it legit news, I mean Brock might have blown off some steam, but I doubt he'd consider leaving, he's got Vince's ear so I cant see why he would go anywhere. Maybe he's still mad at the internet.

The Naitch
02-10-2004, 05:10 PM
He killed my buddy over at rajah.

MVP
02-10-2004, 05:20 PM
Losing Brock would severely hurt the company. I really hope Brock decides to stay, or WWE negotiates some schedule changes for him.

Razor Rybek
02-10-2004, 05:51 PM
If Brock left, would it really be so bad, i mean really

I think not personally :wave:

The Naitch
02-10-2004, 05:56 PM
If Brock left, they wouldn't be at a huge loss. Losing John Cena, Orton or Jericho would be a bigger loss.

Razor Rybek
02-10-2004, 05:57 PM
If Brock left, they wouldn't be at a huge loss. Losing John Cena, Orton or Jericho would be a bigger loss.

:yes: :yes: :yes:

Mr. JL
02-10-2004, 05:59 PM
funny thing is... i don'tthink i'd be that much disappointed if he left. Just goes to show you that the WWE seems to be in a tizzy right now. If the WWE Champion is considering of leaving... what do you think the other guys who are getting beat up and jobbing on Velocity must feel?

The Naitch
02-10-2004, 06:06 PM
BROCK IS NOT A DRAW!!!!!!!! He was just crammed downed our throats back in 2002, played a good heel, but the WWE prematurely ejaculated and decided to turn him face which led to a shitty face run filled with poor mic skill promos, which led into another heel turn where he plays a second rate heel that is so generic it's not even funny.

Cena is a draw, and will be an even bigger draw like The Rock in a couple of years. Hell, could happen anytime this year.

Orton. Same as above, but still too generic and falls second place to The Doctor of Thuganomics. He's justa second rate Rocky Maivia so far. John Cena's gimmic is much better.

Chris Jericho. He had his chance in 2000 and early 2001, but they ****ed that up. Too late now. Although he is very consistent through thick and thin.

ColdwaVer
02-10-2004, 09:44 PM
Great, Lesnar has leaked stuff out that's ended up on the internet, guess he has to kill himself now.

loopydate
02-10-2004, 09:50 PM
At least, with his winning personality, the Hollywood offers wouldn't be too far behind.

ColdwaVer
02-10-2004, 10:09 PM
funny thing is... i don'tthink i'd be that much disappointed if he left.

I'd be more upset if that guy that hangs out with Ernest Miller left. He's funny.

Innovator
02-10-2004, 10:51 PM
Brock is making more money now than he ever would, considering hes doing the Nitrotech and Celltech commercials. Only thing he can really do would become a body-builder or open a amateur wrestling school. Brock wasn't even that good as an amateur wrestler. My friend is a top heavyweight wrestler and he says that Lesnar is considered the worst NCAA champ in a while.

The CyNick
02-10-2004, 11:31 PM
BROCK IS NOT A DRAW!!!!!!!! He was just crammed downed our throats back in 2002, played a good heel, but the WWE prematurely ejaculated and decided to turn him face which led to a shitty face run filled with poor mic skill promos, which led into another heel turn where he plays a second rate heel that is so generic it's not even funny.

Cena is a draw, and will be an even bigger draw like The Rock in a couple of years. Hell, could happen anytime this year.

Orton. Same as above, but still too generic and falls second place to The Doctor of Thuganomics. He's justa second rate Rocky Maivia so far. John Cena's gimmic is much better.

Chris Jericho. He had his chance in 2000 and early 2001, but they ****ed that up. Too late now. Although he is very consistent through thick and thin.

Lets not get carried away here.

Lesnar has been in the majority of WWE main events on the SD side, and he's headlined a show that did more than 500,000 buys. John Cena has yet to do anything close to that, he may in the future, but right now its inaccurate to say Cena is a draw. Same goes for Orton.

Splaya
02-10-2004, 11:32 PM
Brock is pretty good but the company will not suffer without him

The CyNick
02-10-2004, 11:53 PM
Guys at his size with his talents dont come around every day, granted he may have some attitude problems, but sometimes that goes with the territory.

I think any thought that he will leave is way overblown.

Gerard
02-11-2004, 12:13 AM
Head - The world champion NEVER makes $150,000 a year.

I remember a confidential piece where big show said he was getting around that and he was wcw champion,, then again that was dubya cee dubya :nono:

Kristanna Vola
02-11-2004, 12:21 AM
If Brock did leave it would be a huge lost. He still doesn't have much of a persona yet (and maybe the truth is he doesn't need one)...he's a talented wrestler though.

Then again this could open the door for someone else to get a push... :shifty:

Razor Rybek
02-11-2004, 06:50 AM
At least, with his winning personality, the Hollywood offers wouldn't be too far behind.

:lol:

Sephiroth
02-11-2004, 08:00 AM
I think it would really suck if Brock would leave, just don't think it will happen, because indeed he will never get the money he gets now a days + the fact that i really think he is a great wrestler.

Sephiroth
02-11-2004, 08:04 AM
Guys at his size with his talents dont come around every day, granted he may have some attitude problems, but sometimes that goes with the territory.

I think any thought that he will leave is way overblown.

Mikey
02-11-2004, 09:12 AM
Lesnar is getting quite an ego

Bad Guy
02-11-2004, 10:02 AM
I actually wouldn't mind.

The CyNick
02-11-2004, 11:59 AM
If Brock did leave it would be a huge lost. He still doesn't have much of a persona yet (and maybe the truth is he doesn't need one)...he's a talented wrestler though.

Then again this could open the door for someone else to get a push... :shifty:

But who is Lesnar holding back on Smackdown, I think they are short on heels as it is. If Lesnar is gone, and Kurt turns, all you'll have is Angle and Show as main event heels. I mean they could elevate Rhyno, but I cant see that happening, even with Heyman having more power.

And even with Lesnar on board, I think they still need to either eleavte a new heel or turn someone, because there are more face top guys than heels on SD.