PDA

View Full Version : I never understood what people have against no-sellers

Supreme Olajuwon
09-21-2006, 04:23 PM
I mean, if you're 7'8 600 lbs, should you really have to sell some kick to the gut by some guy a third your size? It makes you look weak. Why should the ultimate warrior have to act like a Bret Hart chop hurt him? He's the Ultimate Fucking Warrior people. Also I can't stand over-sellers. People like Mr. Perfect and Ric Flair who act like they just had their balls run over by a tank. It's like come on, we know it's not real. Steven Seagal never sold a villain's attacks and nobody has ever bad mouthed Steven Seagal.

There's a reason why Vader and the Undertaker were 2 of the greatest wrestlers ever and that's because they were super badasses who didn't let other people "hurt" them.

You feeling me

Stickman
09-21-2006, 04:53 PM
There's a difference between the Big Show no selling and the spot monkeys of TNA no selling. No selling defeats the purporse of trying to make it seem "real." A spot monkey gets thrown through a table and gets back up right away takes away from anybody using a table after that.

Mr. Aristocrat
09-21-2006, 05:24 PM
If it's a part of the gimmick (before mentioned Vader & Taker) than by all means, don't sell. But like Stickman said, some of these little chumps do huge spots, and literally stumble to get up for like 5 seconds, and then they are totaly fine back doing more flips. It's annoying.

Y2Jeremy
09-21-2006, 05:34 PM
I have no problem with TNA guys falling 15 feet to the ground, then moving out of the way of a frog slash 5 seconds later. They are spotfest, and that is what they are supposed to be. Chris Sabin taking a bump and getting up doesn't make me think that HBK selling that some bump for a whole match is weaker. People take things too seriously.

Disturbed316
09-21-2006, 05:37 PM
Better than not selling it correctly. E.G:

http://img374.imageshack.us/img374/1444/lindastunner39rd1ot.gif

Mr. Aristocrat
09-21-2006, 05:47 PM
Best. Stunner. Ever.

Crippla
09-21-2006, 06:53 PM
I liked the way Scott Hall sells the Stunner at WM XVIII.

Fignuts
09-21-2006, 09:00 PM
HBK is the biggest overseller in the business. The way he takes rolling germans is almost comical.

Actually no, it IS comical.

McLegend
09-21-2006, 09:10 PM
I love over selling.

Aussie Skier
09-21-2006, 10:52 PM
it incredible, one of the most deadly and most anticpated moves, and linda McMahon was the one who figured out how to get out of it.

You know what...i reckon she couldget out of the Massterlock too!

Skippord
09-21-2006, 11:35 PM
I have no problem with TNA guys falling 15 feet to the ground, then moving out of the way of a frog slash 5 seconds later. They are spotfest, and that is what they are supposed to be. Chris Sabin taking a bump and getting up doesn't make me think that HBK selling that some bump for a whole match is weaker. People take things too seriously.
Sabin sells :'(

Mister Sinister
09-21-2006, 11:39 PM
Sabin sells :'(

So Does Shelley

It's Still A Real Company To Me Dammit...

Sorry, doesn't work when I do it

U-Warrior
09-21-2006, 11:48 PM
Indeed Helmsphere. For when you walk with those who imitate, you often find yourself wanting more fudge on your sundae. This is the complicatory action I see in my world every day. Those who think they can bowtify the warrior with a simple chop are truly products of delerifiction. Even if those chops carry with them the might of canned peas. Soon you will see Helmsphere, that the reality is not it's unrealiticity. But that all the worlds problems can be solved with one single cup of Orangatang urine.

The U-Warrior

Schoenauer
09-22-2006, 03:55 AM
http://img374.imageshack.us/img374/1444/lindastunner39rd1ot.gif
Linda passed out when she realized SCSA was using Old Spice.

weather vane
09-22-2006, 04:39 AM
Mark Jindrak is hilarious at selling. As is the Honky Tonk Man.

ron the dial
09-22-2006, 07:09 AM
Selling depends on the situation. A long and drawn out singles battle requires both guys to sell on point otherwise that match ends up looking like shit. In a spotfest, it doesn't matter whether the wrestlers are selling or not because that's not what anyone's watching for. They're watching for the spots, and if that requires no-selling moves then so be it. My abilities of suspending disbelief have been finely tuned over the years, so I can handle it.

McLegend
09-22-2006, 07:14 AM
Indeed Helmsphere. For when you walk with those who imitate, you often find yourself wanting more fudge on your sundae. This is the complicatory action I see in my world every day. Those who think they can bowtify the warrior with a simple chop are truly products of delerifiction. Even if those chops carry with them the might of canned peas. Soon you will see Helmsphere, that the reality is not it's unrealiticity. But that all the worlds problems can be solved with one single cup of Orangatang urine.

The U-Warrior
LOL

TerranRich
09-22-2006, 11:10 AM
Steven Seagal never sold a villain's attacks and nobody has ever bad mouthed Steven Seagal.

LMAO. Steven Seagal sucks for that very reason. That, and he can't act. And he's not believable as a hero. Believable as a bouncer at some club, sure.

Xero
09-22-2006, 11:41 AM
Chuck Norris no-sold life and still lived.

Stickman
09-22-2006, 12:37 PM
HAHAHA I'm just thinking of the Warrior no selling the pedigree

TerranRich
09-22-2006, 12:54 PM
HAHAHA I'm just thinking of the Warrior no selling the pedigree
LOL, I watched my WM XII DVD the other day (from my complete Anthology set), and saw that again.

Case in point: you never know when the person you're no-selling to will become a great superstar someday. I'm surprised people don't look back at this and have signs saying something like "HHH fears the WARRIOOORRRRRR!!!!! [snort]"

TerranRich
09-22-2006, 12:57 PM
Or "QUEERING DON'T MAKE THE GAME GO ROUND"

Xero
09-22-2006, 01:01 PM
"LAYING DOWN IS FOR QUEERS"