PDA

View Full Version : Looking Back, Goldberg Wasn't That Bad

Kalyx triaD
09-24-2006, 08:15 PM
He did exactly was I expected out of him 90% of the time. Do his entrance, Spear some mid-carder, Jack-Hammer, 1-2-3. It's when WWE expected 'classic' matches that he just didn't fit where he was. I want him back.

And Brock Lesner for that matter.

I'm totally missing the early 2000's, not as great as the Attitude Era but still better than now. Interesting roster then.

McLegend
09-24-2006, 08:24 PM
Goldberg didn't work in WWE, becuase WWE didn't want Goldberg to work.

I would be interested to see Goldberg in some wrestling ring again.

Mr. Nerfect
09-24-2006, 08:31 PM
I was actually going to post something like this the other week. I watched WrestleMania XX again, and Goldberg actually looked pretty decent in the match. I never really cared about him when he was on RAW, but then again, I never really cared about RAW.

Whilst I don't think Goldberg is right entirely blaming the WWE for dropping the ball, I do think he has a point, and I do think he looked pretty damn solid in some of the matches I've seen him in. Not great, but able to do whatever's asked of him.

.44 Magdalene
09-24-2006, 08:36 PM
Yeah...I'll right up confess that I was a Goldberg mark in his WCW days (not nearly as much as I was a Diamond Dallas Page mark, but that's a different conversation). He wasn't the best thing ever, but I'll admit I'm a bigger fan of Bill Goldberg than I am of, for instance, Steve Austin. I don't know why. I know it's not just the era, because I love the Rock. I was just never a huge fan of Austin, while never thinking Goldberg was THAT bad. He just needs to be booked right, or he gets irritating.

Fignuts
09-25-2006, 08:46 PM
The main reason he was hated by the internet was his attitude toward the business and other wrestlers like Chris Jericho, who had long ago, paid their dues. His in ring ability still needs work, as anything longer than 10 minutes tends to drag, with him. Although he is more versed on the technical side than most give him credit for. I've seen some cool counters from him on occasion.

I also, miss Lesnar as well. I never saw the problem with him leaving really. Yes, he did leave an empty space on the roster, and it rubbed a couple guys like Big Show the wrong way. But you've got to look at the bigger picture. Playing football was his dream since he was a little kid. Pro Wrestling wasn't. This was probably his one and only shot at making his dream come true. He would be stupid not to take it. Yeah there are people in the wrestling business who helped him out for his and the company's sake, but its not like he left the company in shambles. His leaving didn't hurt smackdown that bad. And if he wouldn't have left, he would have that regret, and doubt in his mind for tthe rest of his life. He didn't do anything any of you wouldn't do.

Poopman
09-25-2006, 10:34 PM
I believe Goldberg should have had a different personallitie. He could have a lot more than the WCW Star finally coming over to WWF. They could have introduced a whole new character.

Mr. Aristocrat
09-25-2006, 10:41 PM
I don't think Goldberg was that terrible, the reason he was hated was he wasn't that good, and he had one of the most hyped pushes in Pro Wrestling History. The double edged sword as it turns out is once that push was over he was about as useful as he was talented, which as before mentioned wasn't not that note worthy.

Poopman
09-25-2006, 10:46 PM
Yeah thats what I think too Joey. They needed to start him off fresh with a new name like Lightning Bolt or something. lol but yeah he didn't need to get that kind of push

Bad Company
09-26-2006, 01:59 AM
Goldberg should grown and Afro and Feud with Carlito.

Also, he was the fucking man, shame on the WWE for not using him correctly.

Kalyx triaD
09-26-2006, 02:16 AM
Anybody remember seeing him bust his ass during his entrance in SummerSlam '03? He fell on his ass trying his kick during that warm-up part. Very funny.

And when Austin got whacked by a beer can after the WM20 match? Awesome.

Dave Youell
09-26-2006, 04:36 AM
Goldberg's best match was against Raven for the US title, and Raven had to drag his ass through that one

Jaton
09-26-2006, 09:14 AM
Well, that's because Raven is better than life.

Y2Jeremy
09-26-2006, 12:29 PM
People hated Goldberg for the same reason many now hate Orton. They didnt mind him on camera, but his attitude off camera was a problem. He had gotten arrogant, and when pushed like that, who can blame him. He was great in the WWE, and made evolution seem even better in their feud, but WWE only wanted to bank on his name for a quick buck and dump him.

Indifferent Clox
09-26-2006, 01:52 PM
IF he would've fueded with Jericho for the Undisputed title it've been gold.

Caged Heat18
09-26-2006, 03:02 PM
Anybody remember seeing him bust his ass during his entrance in SummerSlam '03? He fell on his ass trying his kick during that warm-up part. Very funny.

:lol:

Caged Heat18
09-26-2006, 03:04 PM
IF he would've fueded with Jericho for the Undisputed title it've been gold.

I was never a big fan of Goldberg, but I agree I would have liked that. Their feud in 2003 was not all that memorable, but the match between the two at Bad Blood 2003 was pretty good, in large part to Jericho.